Reactions:

Re: US Politics

Post by Guest »

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Well that's what happens when you don't take the supreme court seriously. The court seems likely to strike Roe. This going lead women in certain states forced to have rapists baby, having to take a expensive Trip out of state, or turning to a backally abortion

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 17:55
Well that's what happens when you don't take the supreme court seriously. The court seems likely to strike Roe. This going lead women in certain states forced to have rapists baby, having to take a expensive Trip out of state, or turning to a backally abortion
In other words, a GOP wet dream.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The right getting ready to shut down the US government to stop vaccinations (so they can keep the pandemic worsening and get elected in the mid-terms) and about to have their nutcase Supreme Court decide women should be forced to have children against their will.

And so the Right Wing troll is posting tweets by an anti-environment fool and letting us know about a Black woman being arrested for theft.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

161718 wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 23:56
Saki888 wrote:
I like how you tie all unwanted pregnancy by breeders into rape situation to have relevance here
I want you for one minute to take your head out of you ass and think, when they get rid of this...whats gonna be next?
Fighting for this is not in service of those ''breeders'', who imho they have right to fuck and abort as they please because its their lives and i don't care, it is in service of putting that in front of stuff people in this community care about as gay marriage, if Roe v Wade goes down, the next big thing is gonna be killing gay marriage.

Reactions:

Post by 673478 »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:06
161718 wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
I like how you tie all unwanted pregnancy by breeders into rape situation to have relevance here
I want you for one minute to take your head out of you ass and think, when they get rid of this...whats gonna be next?
Fighting for this is not in service of those ''breeders'', who imho they have right to fuck and abort as they please because its their lives and i don't care, it is in service of putting that in front of stuff people in this community care about as gay marriage, if Roe v Wade goes down, the next big thing is gonna be killing gay marriage.
Sorry, I just think there is altogether too much breeding and to your second point, I never did have a sense of occasion

Guestttttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttttt »

673478 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:16
Guest wrote:
161718 wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
Sorry, I just think there is altogether too much breeding and to your second point, I never did have a sense of occasion
"I just think"

That's your first problem, bunch of numbers. Thinking. You're a fucking moron.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 23:35
Has Susan Collins commented yet or is she still in hiding?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:09
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again: this is what happens when you don't vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton -- the DEMOCRATIC nominee. It never was just about the presidency; it comes down to which party gets to select Justices that will affect the balance of the SCOTUS. And I won't protect blame from the Notorious RBG, either. To play it safe, she should have retired during the Obama Administration. Even the Obama Administration shares blame in kowtowing to the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing lying Senate who said to wait until the next inauguration.

Now what we have currently is a 6-3 conservative majority of the Court. With 5-4, we could at least get some swings from John Roberts. But with 6-3, another conservative Justice would need to join Roberts for any possible majority vote for the liberals. This is why Roe v. Wade is in big trouble! And, yes, blocking abortion after four weeks WILL disproportionately affect the POOR who cannot buy a ticket out of their state. I firmly agree with the other poster's prediction that all of this will eventually lead to forced birthing of rapist babies and back-alley abortions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:09
Guest wrote:
She says this now that it's way too late and no chance of the law passing. She can go fuck herself.

GOP Sen. Susan Collins supports codifying Roe v. Wade abortion protections into law
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... n-n1285202

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

673478 wrote:
Guest wrote:
161718 wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
DA So there's "too much breeding" but also women shouldn't have the right to decide not to go through the taxing-on-the-body and still-more-likely-to-kill-you-than-abortion biological process that results in more people??? You think this makes sense?

And fine, that's not our problem in a non-rape scenario (though many of us have some friends and family we'd like to see have the right to not be forced through unwanted childbirth), but it isn't like we can't be raped. I get it if this isn't your top issue because more likely than not you won't be in this situation, but if it did happen I know I'd sure as hell want to have that right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:07
I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again: this is what happens when you don't vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton -- the DEMOCRATIC nominee. It never was just about the presidency; it comes down to which party gets to select Justices that will affect the balance of the SCOTUS. And I won't protect blame from the Notorious RBG, either. To play it safe, she should have retired during the Obama Administration. Even the Obama Administration shares blame in kowtowing to the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing lying Senate who said to wait until the next inauguration.

Now what we have currently is a 6-3 conservative majority of the Court. With 5-4, we could at least get some swings from John Roberts. But with 6-3, another conservative Justice would need to join Roberts for any possible majority vote for the liberals. This is why Roe v. Wade is in big trouble! And, yes, blocking abortion after four weeks WILL disproportionately affect the POOR who cannot buy a ticket out of their state. I firmly agree with the other poster's prediction that all of this will eventually lead to forced birthing of rapist babies and back-alley abortions.
Tell that to the Bernie Bros and never Hillary democrats crowds :nails: it's on them

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:12
673478 wrote:
Guest wrote:
161718 wrote:
Saki888 wrote:
DA So there's "too much breeding" but also women shouldn't have the right to decide not to go through the taxing-on-the-body and still-more-likely-to-kill-you-than-abortion biological process that results in more people??? You think this makes sense?

And fine, that's not our problem in a non-rape scenario (though many of us have some friends and family we'd like to see have the right to not be forced through unwanted childbirth), but it isn't like we can't be raped. I get it if this isn't your top issue because more likely than not you won't be in this situation, but if it did happen I know I'd sure as hell want to have that right.
Also the fact that the people who want to ban abortion are the same who wish to enshrine their religion into the US government law. They want us to bow down to their religious beliefs. That's unacceptable, this is a secular country , separation of church and state, once they start with abortion they will keep on and on and on

guesta
Reactions:

Post by guesta »

Christianity is not the only fearful encroachment on society

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guesta wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:22
/Not one of the regular commenters on this thread

No, it isn't, but it's one of them. At least the version that wants to force their image of an ideal theocracy on all of society, damn the consequences.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

"damn the consequences" is the edict of this era

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 05:02
guesta wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:22
/Not one of the regular commenters on this thread

No, it isn't, but it's one of them. At least the version that wants to force their image of an ideal theocracy on all of society, damn the consequences.
That version would most likely be the conservative "Evangelical" wing of Christianity. This particular "evangelicalism" practiced in the United States has had a long history of theological development. Professor Robert M. Price's thesis-based book "Inerrant The Wind" compiles in chronological order these periods of development. Great source. Reader-friendly text.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:nervous:

Secretary of State Races: More Important Than Ever in 2022, and More Complicated, Too
https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalba ... cated-too/
KEY POINTS FROM THIS ARTICLE
  • Next year, 27 states will hold elections for secretary of state. With former President Donald Trump continuing to make election fraud the centerpiece of his effort to return to the presidency — despite the lack of any evidence — the outcome of secretary of state races in 2022 will loom larger than ever, because in most states the office oversees election administration.
  • Trump has inserted himself directly in some of these races by endorsing primary candidates in several states.
  • Handicapping these races is more complicated than usual because if some of the more aggressively pro-Trump candidates end up winning the nomination, they could enable a more promising outlook for Democrats in the general election.
  • In Arizona, Georgia and Nevada, the general election for secretary of state is likely to be competitive regardless of who the Republican nominee is. In addition, another half-dozen races could be competitive, including Democratic-held seats in Colorado, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Evangelism had its phoenix in the eighties when even in the most secular institutions people would canvas the dorms asking 'do you want a personal relationship with god?' Tammy Faye where are you?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:52
Guest wrote:

Tell that to the Bernie Bros and never Hillary democrats crowds :nails: it's on them
X1000 and this should be on every page.

In addition, today, the dumbasses worried about some people in the wrong bathrooms and giving every other freaking right away!!!! Elections have consequences and everyone needs to shut their damn mouth saying the two parties are the same. They are not even close to the same on social issues, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Elections are about choices, and if you vote republican then understand your choice is to be against women's rights, choice, every lesbian/gay right, right to a good public education, and on and on. Get your one little issue you want (let's hate the trans), and lose everything else.

I told my mother in 2016 that choice would be gone, we just voted it out. Her response was that it will never happen because too many Americans prefer choice and we will not go back to the back alley. Welcome to minority rule! She was naive. All of you that voted over the right getting you flamed up about trans are also naive. They are great at slight of hand - look at this trans over here in the wrong restroom. How often is this even a problem? I can tell a man right away to get out of my space, whether he be cis or a trans. Do not look at us taking choice and gay rights away, really, that bigger issue is the trans. How naive are all of you out here ranting and raving about trans every day? Do you not understand they are using you? I do not want men/trans in women's spaces, but I sure as hell do not want to lose all my rights to get that. Right now, in this political environment, these are the choices we have. It should not be that way, but it is the reality we face. Choose democrats and protect your rights, or choose republicans and lose them all to oppress the trans. The choice is that simple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In addition, today, the dumbasses worried about some people in the wrong bathrooms and giving every other freaking right away!!!! Elections have consequences and everyone needs to shut their damn mouth saying the two parties are the same. They are not even close to the same on social issues, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Elections are about choices, and if you vote republican then understand your choice is to be against women's rights, choice, every lesbian/gay right, right to a good public education, and on and on. Get your one little issue you want (let's hate the trans), and lose everything else.

I told my mother in 2016 that choice would be gone, we just voted it out. Her response was that it will never happen because too many Americans prefer choice and we will not go back to the back alley. Welcome to minority rule! She was naive. All of you that voted over the right getting you flamed up about trans are also naive. They are great at slight of hand - look at this trans over here in the wrong restroom. How often is this even a problem? I can tell a man right away to get out of my space, whether he be cis or a trans. Do not look at us taking choice and gay rights away, really, that bigger issue is the trans. How naive are all of you out here ranting and raving about trans every day? Do you not understand they are using you? I do not want men/trans in women's spaces, but I sure as hell do not want to lose all my rights to get that. Right now, in this political environment, these are the choices we have. It should not be that way, but it is the reality we face. Choose democrats and protect your rights, or choose republicans and lose them all to oppress the trans. The choice is that simple.
My late Uncle worked in the Louisiana GOP for decades. He once said something quite telling to me. In a debate at a family reunion at a beach house, I said the right will ultimately shrink due to generational momentum. His reply was "the only thing we (the GOP) need to do to get new voters is to get them to hate one group and you will be surprised how we are always finding new groups for people to hate."

The reality is the constant focus on trans people is game planned by typical right-wing manipulation - who began bringing up bathrooms*. There are women in Virginia now saying they regret voting for a Republican for governor as it will make laws protecting abortion rights to get passed in Virginia. Why did they vote that way to begin with? Because Republicans made up lies about CRT being taught in schools. Awhile back that one Republican who posts here all the time and noticeably is the one obsessed with trans people, began posting different members of minorities who are Republicans to discount the party being based in hate. Every time someone else would reply that person you just posted hates this group or that group or is against abortion. That is the way the right works. They rely on people hating a group so much they will vote for the Republican...even if the Republican is also coming after the very group they belong to.

*Bathroom usage has interestingly been used against pretty much every minority by the right. It is the same old deal - spreading fears about bathroom assault by various minorities and making sure to obsess over the cases where a minority does assault someone in a bathroom (bathroom assaults are sadly quite common particularly in schools and are overwhelmingly when straight men attack both men and women). And the same reply is used over and over - this time it is different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Free at-home testing. :clap:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 13:38

Your telling me people in the usa have to pay for their home tests?! But you are meant to take such tests multiple times a week!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:

Your telling me people in the usa have to pay for their home tests?! But you are meant to take such tests multiple times a week!
It's capitalism. It's also stupid but at least the death cult isn't in charge anymore.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

'at least' is the only salvo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 16:31
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 15:39
Guest wrote:

It's capitalism. It's also stupid but at least the death cult isn't in charge anymore.
Who is the death cult? Also where does it say people are required to take home tests multiple times per week and have to pay for them?

Reactions:

Post by guest »

the Bucks, Tuckers, Sharons, Brandons especially.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 18:54
The right getting ready to shut down the US government to stop vaccinations (so they can keep the pandemic worsening and get elected in the mid-terms) and about to have their nutcase Supreme Court decide women should be forced to have children against their will.

And so the Right Wing troll is posting tweets by an anti-environment fool and letting us know about a Black woman being arrested for theft.
:clap:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 23:04

My late Uncle worked in the Louisiana GOP for decades. He once said something quite telling to me. In a debate at a family reunion at a beach house, I said the right will ultimately shrink due to generational momentum. His reply was "the only thing we (the GOP) need to do to get new voters is to get them to hate one group and you will be surprised how we are always finding new groups for people to hate."

The reality is the constant focus on trans people is game planned by typical right-wing manipulation - who began bringing up bathrooms*. There are women in Virginia now saying they regret voting for a Republican for governor as it will make laws protecting abortion rights to get passed in Virginia. Why did they vote that way to begin with? Because Republicans made up lies about CRT being taught in schools. Awhile back that one Republican who posts here all the time and noticeably is the one obsessed with trans people, began posting different members of minorities who are Republicans to discount the party being based in hate. Every time someone else would reply that person you just posted hates this group or that group or is against abortion. That is the way the right works. They rely on people hating a group so much they will vote for the Republican...even if the Republican is also coming after the very group they belong to.

*Bathroom usage has interestingly been used against pretty much every minority by the right. It is the same old deal - spreading fears about bathroom assault by various minorities and making sure to obsess over the cases where a minority does assault someone in a bathroom (bathroom assaults are sadly quite common particularly in schools and are overwhelmingly when straight men attack both men and women). And the same reply is used over and over - this time it is different.
DA. These posts right here. :clap:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 21:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

OP is right about this is from people not electing Clinton, but male rapists are using self-id to get moved to female prisons and raping inmates and they are getting pregnant. That is democrats' doing. And now those women can't get abortions. That is repubs' doing. The world is not made for us. I voted for Clinton btw, I even voted for Biden even though it was pointless after Trump appointed the justices.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 01:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

OP is right about this is from people not electing Clinton, but male rapists are using self-id to get moved to female prisons and raping inmates and they are getting pregnant. That is democrats' doing. And now those women can't get abortions. That is repubs' doing. The world is not made for us. I voted for Clinton btw, I even voted for Biden even though it was pointless after Trump appointed the justices.
da
Voting wasn't pointless, gop retaining control of the wh and senate would've compounded an already horrible situation.

Vote in every election, can't lose anymore ground.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

All of this. I have voted Democrat in every election I could--Hillary most certainly included--and I will continue to do so because the alternative is even worse, but do NOT fucking tell me that Dem policies are all pro-women. Oh but all those women in prison are just complaining "TERFs" huh????? Trans activism is an MRA movement and progressivism has historically never been immune from deep-rooted misogyny either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Well, no govs had much use for the national guard in the sping/summer of 20

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

OP here. I only voted for Biden as a favor to my elderly mother. Otherwise, I would have either written in Elizabeth Warren's name or done what I did back in 2008: write in Hillary Rodham Clinton's name. You can tell how much I admire HRC and also Elizabeth Warren. Obama STOLE that primary election from her. It was HER "time" both in 2008 and 2016. I am NOT an Obama fan. And to those Black Democrats who stayed home because they were more pro-Obama(race) than pro-Democrat(party), you also belong on the blame wagon for Hillary's defeat. You really should be called Black DINOs (Democrats-in-Name-Only). Honestly, I'm disgusted by your race-over-party mentality and also detest those passive white female Democrats of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania who let their husbands "vote" for them. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html
Robert J. Dole, longtime GOP leader who sought presidency 3 times, dies at 98

:dead:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The "pro-life" party chooses to kill it's followers. Isn't it ironic?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^ I don't care about religion. I'm a pro choice but you're the one comparing pro life and pro death row. I see no flaw in their logic. Babies don't make their own choices while criminals can make their own choices. Actions = consequences. I don't mind an eye for an eye. Some people are sick in the head.
It's kinda bizarre that right now people have too much sympathy with criminals in prisons.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 05:05
^^ I don't care about religion. I'm a pro choice but you're the one comparing pro life and pro death row. I see no flaw in their logic. Babies don't make their own choices while criminals can make their own choices. Actions = consequences. I don't mind an eye for an eye. Some people are sick in the head.
It's kinda bizarre that right now people have too much sympathy with criminals in prisons.
its the primary belief that people of color are over represented in correctional institutions