Strictly Come Dancing

Reactions:

Re: Strictly Come Dancing

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 20:19
Strictly has been hit by covid. McFly's Tom Fletcher and his professional dance partner Amy have both tested positive for covid and will be away from next weeks show but are not out of the show completely. This is unlike Nicola and Katya last year who had to leave the show immediately. Also it's no surprise that this partnership has caught it as McFly have been touring all over the country and would have come into contact with lots of people.

Really hope both are ok, especially Amy who suffers with Crohns disease.
How come they don't have to leave the competition altogether like Nicola & Katya did?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 21:39
Guest wrote:
Strictly has been hit by covid. McFly's Tom Fletcher and his professional dance partner Amy have both tested positive for covid and will be away from next weeks show but are not out of the show completely. This is unlike Nicola and Katya last year who had to leave the show immediately. Also it's no surprise that this partnership has caught it as McFly have been touring all over the country and would have come into contact with lots of people.

How come they don't have to leave the competition altogether like Nicola & Katya did?
I have no idea but good question. Maybe the vaccine really is the big game changer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm guessing because they like them and want them to stay in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The protocols are much different this season. Last year everyone was in a bubble away from their family and there were no guests on set. This year family are there and the bubbles can include family etc.

This year they've gone back to the original injury protocols. You can have 1 week off, but no longer and he'll have to leave if his symptoms continue post the 10 days (various examples Janette/Will recently). He can have a replacement partner if she needs longer (see Alex/Neil/Kevin a few years ago).

They also announced the extra precautions before the show started last year and there were no vaccines and we were in lockdown for a lot of the show as well. Things were just much more locked down last year, this is more similar to normal series injuries/illnesses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Things have gotta start going back to normal, whether people like it or not. Celebs can't just keep getting thrown off things because they tested positive for Covid, as long as there's vaccines now you've gotta treat it like cold or flu. Like others have said it was different last year because the countries rules were stricter and there were no vaccines yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lots of attention on team JoJo (John & Johanass) first male pairing on the show and yes much congratulations to them from me as a gay women. However, I just dont think it is as brave as people are saying cos it's much more acceptable now. Plus they tested the water with the less offensive pairing of 2 females last year.

Tbh I'm just as excited for Rose the actress who is strictly first deaf contestant. I know we have had contestants with disabilities before and I'm full of admiration for them. I admire Rose as it must because major challenge for her and her challenge just doesn't seem to have gained the response she deserved.

The first that I am the most excited about over the weekend was Sara Cox who became the first female rugby referee to take charge of elite men's premiership rugby match. What a beautiful response from the crowd. Let's hope it won't be long before she is the first female rugby referee taking charge of a six nations match.

Anon2225
Reactions:

Post by Anon2225 »

Could Katie be bisexual? Her love life doesnt quite add up.
Hangs out with gay best friend all the time.

Regardless I like her personality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anon2225 wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 17:58
Could Katie be bisexual? Her love life doesnt quite add up.
Hangs out with gay best friend all the time.

Regardless I like her personality.
If she hangs out with gay, I presume male best friend then she's obviously a --- hag. A term which I really hate. I remember similar speculation about Suranne Jones back in the day when she hung out with a bunch of gay guys a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 21:39
Guest wrote:

I think they are allowed to stay because there hasn’t been a public vote yet. Nicola and Katya had already been in the bottom two prior to getting Covid so it was clear at that point they weren’t going to win. Seeing as Harry from McFly won several years back and Amy is a popular pro they were probably seen to have more potential to allow them through the week when they would probably not be one of the couples in the dance off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm putting it out there now I don't want John and Johannase (team JoJo) to win. I dont know yet who I want to win but not them. The female pairing ended up in the bottom 2, i know if team JoJo are in the bottom 2 they will be saved by the judges. There will be outrage from everyone on Strictly about how homophobic the country is if they end up in bottom 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 10:55
I'm putting it out there now I don't want John and Johannase (team JoJo) to win. I dont know yet who I want to win but not them. The female pairing ended up in the bottom 2, i know if team JoJo are in the bottom 2 they will be saved by the judges. There will be outrage from everyone on Strictly about how homophobic the country is if they end up in bottom 2.
That seems a pointlessly bitter take on it. The female couple were saved by the judges too come. Also, they left the contest due to covid.

Also, who is going to outraged.... I really don't get what your issue is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I am one of those people. I worked at one of the McFly concerts and just got a message a few days ago saying that someone I worked with has recently tested positive for covid. Lol wonder if I got the message because of him and Amy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 11:01
Guest wrote:
That seems a pointlessly bitter take on it. The female couple were saved by the judges too come. Also, they left the contest due to covid.

Outrage and allegations of homophobia if they end up in bottom 2 same as allegations of racism everytime a black contestant gets voted out early.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 11:56
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 11:01
Guest wrote:

Outrage and allegations of homophobia if they end up in bottom 2 same as allegations of racism everytime a black contestant gets voted out early.
People should ignore these "boys who cried" wolf types. Very bored of it all. They only do it to get attention.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 11:05
Guest wrote:

I am one of those people. I worked at one of the McFly concerts and just got a message a few days ago saying that someone I worked with has recently tested positive for covid. Lol wonder if I got the message because of him and Amy.
Hope you are ok op.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm touched by Greg tonight, maybe it's because I've lost a dear loved one too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Craig is a right grumpy so and so tonight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Craig is bias. Been harsh and horrible to everyone else so far and nothing but praise fo team JoJo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Beautiful dance by AJ. She's also really likeable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The judges marking is total bullshit tonight. Some got as low as 3 and deserved better. We know that Motsi is always going to over mark all the women who look like her and Craig is going to over mark the gay guys and under mark the best dancer on the show and that is AJ.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Loved Rose. Also chuffed for Sara who went from bottom of leader board last week to top of leader board this week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anton doing a great job judging. We don't want Bruno back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can't really tell who's gonna be bottom two. I think maybe Nina and Rhys. It should be Greg but it won't be because he had a sob story that'll get people to vote for him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 19:42
Anton doing a great job judging. We don't want Bruno back.
He's rubbish and absolutely punfunny and clearly has his favourites, his chums. Bring back Bruno pronto!!!! Or I'm switching off this drivel :argh: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh I'm sorry Nina is in the bottom 2, I love Nina but don't like her partner Neil. Thought it would have been Judy Love or Tilly Ramsey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Didn't think Nina would leave so soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 18:57
Neil isn’t a great partner as he can’t choreograph well for a celeb and that often is the downfall of the celeb. You could see how much better Alex Scott was when she wasn’t partnered with him to prove it. Nina sadly got the worst end of the draw being partnered with him and although I’d say she should’ve been saved over the other two I’m sadly not surprised.

Anon2226
Reactions:

Post by Anon2226 »

Nina was one of my favourites. Cant believe she was first out. Quite a good name too. Done loads of tv and british films and actually half and her dancing was good she was not a stinker first boot on paper! . Just had crap routines and songs.
Neil cant stand him.
She was a good name on strictly. The other females are quite meh. AJ is great for the dancing tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 19:09
Guest wrote:
Neil isn’t a great partner as he can’t choreograph well for a celeb and that often is the downfall of the celeb. You could see how much better Alex Scott was when she wasn’t partnered with him to prove it. Nina sadly got the worst end of the draw being partnered with him and although I’d say she should’ve been saved over the other two I’m sadly not surprised.
I don't like Neil either, hopefully he won't get a partner next year. It was obvious Nina was disappointed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2. I'm annoyed she got put with Neil, can't stand him. And I don't think most of the public like him either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 20:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X2. I'm annoyed she got put with Neil, can't stand him. And I don't think most of the public like him either.
I agree with the public not liking Neil. I think it was horrible of him to make Nina do all her training in heels not trainers. She said she had blisters on blisters. I think most of the regular strictly viewers who watch year after year have a favourite dancer that they vote for and that's not Neil.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 20:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The public liked him when he was one of the Standby pros. But the moment he got an actual partner of his own he exposed his failure at being able to choreograph for his partner everyone went off him, not helped by Kevin coming in a showing how he was far superior as a partner. I also think everyone went off
Both him and Katya with the cheating scandal and how they have both been since

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All the professionals did a dance routine with opposite sex then switched to same sex. Did anyone see who Amy paired up with?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Brilliant dance by AJ and she's really quiet hot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rose danced beautifully.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I still think there should be some kind of "punishment" for people that have to skip a week. It feels unfair that they've essentially skipped a week when the others haven't. I understand it's only extenuating circumstances, but still.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:13
I still think there should be some kind of "punishment" for people that have to skip a week. It feels unfair that they've essentially skipped a week when the others haven't. I understand it's only extenuating circumstances, but still.
Harsh. They both tested positive for covid, I'm thrilled to see Amy back with a bang and fighting fight. It could have been difficult for her with her condition. If you get a chance watch the documentary she made for the bbc, after watching that I'm amazed with what she has achieved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Pratt's hips were terrible in the rumba.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:21
Pratt's hips were terrible in the rumba.
Pratt :blinkwide: it should have said Peaty :lol: but rumba is hardest dance for male celeb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:17
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:13
Harsh. They both tested positive for covid, I'm thrilled to see Amy back with a bang and fighting fight. It could have been difficult for her with her condition. If you get a chance watch the documentary she made for the bbc, after watching that I'm amazed with what she has achieved.
You're right, it does sound harsh (I couldn't think of a better word than punishment) but I'm talking more in general - not just COVID. I completely understand why they isolated, and it was completely the right thing to do, I'm not denying that.

That being said, I do think they could come up with a better solution in this situation other than just giving them a free week. Many of the other competitors have talked about how sore they are and how difficult it is to switch from dance to dance, so it seems a little unbalanced to me that people potentially get a week to recover when they don't. Maybe they could ask them to do a longer dance upon their return or something? I don't know. It's a difficult situation, especially as sometimes the week can be used because of injuries so that wouldn't be fair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought team JoJo have closed the show a previous week. Unfair if they have got prime spot again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:47
I thought team JoJo have closed the show a previous week. Unfair if they have got prime spot again.
Nope. First week was Adam, second was Tilly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:51
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:47
Nope. First week was Adam, second was Tilly.
Soz. I stand corrected

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The last dance was really good. But I just disagree with giving 10s out this early to anyone at all.

Where's the sense of progress when you're already at 10?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 20:02
The last dance was really good. But I just disagree with giving 10s out this early to anyone at all.

This is why I respect Craig. It also means when he gives a 10 they know they've earned it - which must be better feeling surely?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Oh lord it was not good. At one point the Baker guy stuck his hand out like he was serving starters at a banquet.
And Shirley standing up for 70 hours after.... You can tell she's looking for a new gay for her hagging.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 20:05
Guest wrote:

This is why I respect Craig. It also means when he gives a 10 they know they've earned it - which must be better feeling surely?
True but Craig is very bias here. I can assure you if John the baker was dancing with a woman pro hevwoukd not be showering him with so much praise and the 10 paddle would not be out.

They are making far too.obvious that they want the first male pairing to win when it's very clear that the best dancer is clearly AJ.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 20:29
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 20:05
Guest wrote:

True but Craig is very bias here. I can assure you if John the baker was dancing with a woman pro hevwoukd not be showering him with so much praise and the 10 paddle would not be out.

They are making far too.obvious that they want the first male pairing to win when it's very clear that the best dancer is clearly AJ.
Craig gave him a 9.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well I used my 3 free votes online:-

- AJ cos she's the best dancer in my humble opinion.
- Rose cos I think she's doing brilliantly as the first deaf contestant.
- Tom from McFly but not for him for Amy his pro dance partner cos I fancy her :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watched the show last night, good line up of contestants but the show is being spoilt by the judges right now. They reek of desperation, they totally want the first male pairing to win the glitterball. If they carry on as they are and they end up winner there will be accusations of a fix.