Latin America; ethnicity, culture, history and politics.

Reactions:

Re: Latin America; ethnicity, culture, history and politics.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:58
What do actual Latin americans think about "Latinx" term?
I saw this pew research link, and most Latin Americans don't like this term https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/20 ... -3-use-it/ Also why does pew research lump African and European Hispanics with the American Hispanics? Makes zero sense to me because, Equatorial Guinea and Spain and Portugal are somewhat different than Latin America.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Latinxs is mostly used in USA, that's how they called all people that speak spanish but most people prefer to be identified with the country of origin of their families.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is l chat censoring my post about a FREE book set in Argentina, a Latin American country? It talks about class differences, political issues and exile. Would really love to know the criteria for deleting the post 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:21
Why is l chat censoring my post about a FREE book set in Argentina, a Latin American country? It talks about class differences, political issues and exile. Would really love to know the criteria for deleting the post 🤔
I saw your post last night, I don't know but maybe it's because you can't post a amazon link here, I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't like it, I don't know if it has to do with some people who want to make Spanish a more "inclusive" language, so before referring to Latinos as Latinos with "o" (includes women and men) they use that word. It's ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

latinx is ret@rded, prob something intersectional feminists and kweerdos came up with

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:05
And who is better for Peru? Castillo is winning now.
At this stage, Castillo for sure. Keiko has a lot to lose if she doesn't win and if she wins she has a lot of favors to pay. The press and the big companies have been on her side in a shameless way. She never accepted losing in 2016 and that's why Peru went on a political crisis. It's funny now that their last hope is the firing vote when it was her political party that wanted to forbid them to vote a coupler of years ago.
Castillo isn't ideal either but as a social relieve it works. Economics?? Well I don't know. It was either going with a corrupt party to keep things as they are (works well just for a small group) or go with a different approach not knowing what will happen.
I think it also has to considered that if Castillo loses he will be back to his house with his family and go on with his life. If Keiko loses she will have to face a trial for money laundering, organized crime and obstruction of justice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:31
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:21
I saw your post last night, I don't know but maybe it's because you can't post a amazon link here, I think.
Ok thanks. Well if anyone would like to check it out the books is called A Millennial Daydream and it’s free on Amazon today.

In regards of the term Latinx what I don’t like is Americans need to label people. Why do you need my ethnicity when I’m filling a form on something completely unrelated? They make such a big deal about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:45
latinx is ret@rded, prob something intersectional feminists and kweerdos came up with
This 100%. Don't use it, it's like saying womxn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:45
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:05
And who is better for Peru? Castillo is winning now.
At this stage, Castillo for sure. Keiko has a lot to lose if she doesn't win and if she wins she has a lot of favors to pay. The press and the big companies have been on her side in a shameless way. She never accepted losing in 2016 and that's why Peru went on a political crisis. It's funny now that their last hope is the firing vote when it was her political party that wanted to forbid them to vote a coupler of years ago.
Castillo isn't ideal either but as a social relieve it works. Economics?? Well I don't know. It was either going with a corrupt party to keep things as they are (works well just for a small group) or go with a different approach not knowing what will happen.
I think it also has to considered that if Castillo loses he will be back to his house with his family and go on with his life. If Keiko loses she will have to face a trial for money laundering, organized crime and obstruction of justice.
Wow, then definitely Castillo is the best option now. I read people saying he will make Peru the next Venezuela, same thing that people say for Cristina and Fernandez in Argentina, so I was wondering about that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:41
Guest wrote:
I don't like it, I don't know if it has to do with some people who want to make Spanish a more "inclusive" language, so before referring to Latinos as Latinos with "o" (includes women and men) they use that word. It's ridiculous.
Alright, but is it a term only used by US woke people? Or do the wokes in Latin American countries also embrace it? I can only see the word Latinx making sense to English speakers and second generation Latino immigrants and not to the people in actual Spanish speaking countries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I've talked about this with a lot of people and we always come to the conclusion that it's an attempt of people from the States to be "more inclusive" when, in reality, it's not necessary or even useful (and no one asked us if we wanted to use that form). If you wanna be respectful and inclusive, just use the country of origin or Latin American. We wouldn't say "Latinx" ever!.

I'm pretty sure many people find it stupid, annoying and, in the worst case scenario, offensive.

PS: if you're from the States, never ever say you're "American" in front of Latin American people. It's really annoying as we are americans as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Alright, but is it a term only used by US woke people? Or do the wokes in Latin American countries also embrace it? I can only see the word Latinx making sense to English speakers and second generation Latino immigrants and not to the people in actual Spanish speaking countries.
Only US. Never heard it in Argentina, then again most Argentinians don’t consider themselves Latin American

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:23
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 01:59
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 01:09
So, the region is going to the left again.
I don't know how it is in other countries but I really want Colombia to vote left in 2022. I think queer theory is not a big deal here. Only the economic and social is really important now.
Da. From an economical perspective is it beneficial if a left leaning politician wins?
DA. In my opinion it's not a matter of whether left or right is in power, the main issue in every Latin America country is the corruption.

Fueset
Reactions:

Post by Fueset »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 19:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Only US. Never heard it in Argentina, then again most Argentinians don’t consider themselves Latin American
da. What's the rationalisation? I get it that they think they're ethnically different from others around them but they're still geographically 'in Latin/South America' with the same Latin (Spanish + Portuguese for Br) language speakers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fueset wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 02:23
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 19:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. What's the rationalisation? I get it that they think they're ethnically different from others around them but they're still geographically 'in Latin/South America' with the same Latin (Spanish + Portuguese for Br) language speakers.
I'm not from Argentina but I get it, in my country happens something very similar. Even when we share the same language and our histories are connected at some point, we have more cultural differences than similarities.
It's not like we don't recognize our region, or we're gonna say we are not from South America or "Latin Americans", but we will identify ourselves with our nationality because the other concept it's too ambiguous for most of us. It's not the same being from Mexico, Brazil, Chile or Argentina.
I've never heard an European saying "I'm European", they're more likely to say which country they're from, or Canadians (or Mexicans) saying "I'm from North America".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:eyeroll: we are all Latin Americans, argentinians are annoying. They think they are european. Sure

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 17:13
Guest wrote:
Latinxs is mostly used in USA, that's how they called all people that speak spanish but most people prefer to be identified with the country of origin of their families.
Fucking ridiculous. Only woke centennials are using it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:59
Guest wrote:
I've talked about this with a lot of people and we always come to the conclusion that it's an attempt of people from the States to be "more inclusive" when, in reality, it's not necessary or even useful (and no one asked us if we wanted to use that form). If you wanna be respectful and inclusive, just use the country of origin or Latin American. We wouldn't say "Latinx" ever!.

I'm pretty sure many people find it stupid, annoying and, in the worst case scenario, offensive.

PS: if you're from the States, never ever say you're "American" in front of Latin American people. It's really annoying as we are americans as well.
The US don't have a "gentilicio", and you know that they consider South America a different continent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Being on Twitter after a football match is so funny, everyone complains about their national team. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 03:23
Being on Twitter after a football match is so funny, everyone complains about their national team. :lol:
My class ended 10 min earlier because of the match. That's all I'm gonna say lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Latinx is a ridiculous term that cannot be pronounced in Spanish. However, I have seen wokes coming up with a Spanish equivalent (at least online).

So, in spanish everything is "gendered". For example, let's take "we"or "us". In Spanish it would be "nosotros" if it's an all make group or a mixed male/female group, or "nosotras" if it's only females/women. I've seen people trying to make "nosotres" a thing. The e doesn't belong there at all, but at least you can pronounce it, unlike "nosotrxs". And it's not just a "nosotres" thing, they're trying to make it happen whenever they can. I've seen latina "non-binaries" putting "Ella, elle, él" on their profile. "Elle" is made up and wants to gimmick "they".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 03:25
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 03:23
My class ended 10 min earlier because of the match. That's all I'm gonna say lol
Priorities :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry, but Mexico's political system is a joke, and I'm saying this as a mexican myself. The fact that we have that joke of a president is proof enough. How can our fellow citizens be so blinded that they can't see that asshole for what he really is. He's so fucking ignorant I don't even know if I wanna cry or laugh everytime he opens his disgusting mouth. here we have a man who believes science is neoliberal and therefore evil, who has gone on record saying that religious amulets are protection enough against covid-19, a man who's brother has being recorded receiving illegal money for his past politic campaign, a man so petty that he refuses to vaccinate private doctors because he believes they're neoliberal, a man who never showed an ounce of empathy towards the victims of the line 12 accident, and instead, insisted that he was the real victim, a man who doesn't even know the history of the country he claims to love, a man who has left thousand of children with cancer die because he's taken the budget from the health secretary and used it for his "tren maya", a man who is constantly talking about how people wants him to be reelected and he even has said that he wants to eliminate the INE, a man who has shown time and again he doesn't respect or care about women, who has even said that women are lying about the violence we're victim of in this shitty country...Fuck I could literally write a book about how much of a jackass he is, and yet people still have this blind and totally unjustified faith in him 🤦

Sorry if I sound bitter, but that's because I am :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 04:41
I'm sorry, but Mexico's political system is a joke, and I'm saying this as a mexican myself. The fact that we have that joke of a president is proof enough. How can our fellow citizens be so blinded that they can't see that asshole for what he really is. He's so fucking ignorant I don't even know if I wanna cry or laugh everytime he opens his disgusting mouth. here we have a man who believes science is neoliberal and therefore evil, who has gone on record saying that religious amulets are protection enough against covid-19, a man who's brother has being recorded receiving illegal money for his past politic campaign, a man so petty that he refuses to vaccinate private doctors because he believes they're neoliberal, a man who never showed an ounce of empathy towards the victims of the line 12 accident, and instead, insisted that he was the real victim, a man who doesn't even know the history of the country he claims to love, a man who has left thousand of children with cancer die because he's taken the budget from the health secretary and used it for his "tren maya", a man who is constantly talking about how people wants him to be reelected and he even has said that he wants to eliminate the INE, a man who has shown time and again he doesn't respect or care about women, who has even said that women are lying about the violence we're victim of in this shitty country...Fuck I could literally write a book about how much of a jackass he is, and yet people still have this blind and totally unjustified faith in him 🤦

x100000000

AML* is the absolute worst. I hate populists so fucking much, but I also hate the fact that Mexico is the ideal country for populism because of its ignorant people. And the fact that they insist that they're a left-wing party is hilarious. There's no "left" in Mexico. The country is horribly conservative and the only party that was from the left, kinda, was the old PRD. Morena is not that AT ALL, especially since AML* is super conservative and doesn't give a fuck about women's rights or the LGBT agenda. But his followers are crazy and just as blind and ignorant as Tr*mp's, so they'll never admit he's a terrible leader.

The economy is a mess, he's trying to modify the Constitution to stay in power, the country is the most violent and unsafe it's ever been, our healthcare system is awful, etc. etc. etc. And people still vote for them. It's un-fucking-believable.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm another mexican who can't believe we have such a shitty government.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AMLOco is evil. He is not just stupid. I feel like people are slowly waking up. He wants to destroy our democracy to rule like a King. He even lives now in a palace and managed to convince people his reason was humility. Barf.

About the use of Latinx, I personally hate it. Use it in English all you want but I'll just cringe right through it. I just find it very arrogant to change a Spanish term to refer to people who's point of reference is descending from Spanish speaking countries while making it unpronounceable in Spanish. =_=

And I know she was Latina, but she still clearly had no consideration to her predecesors. Latinos is gender neutral just like Personas is gender neutral.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 05:20
Guest wrote:

x100000000

AML* is the absolute worst. I hate populists so fucking much, but I also hate the fact that Mexico is the ideal country for populism because of its ignorant people. And the fact that they insist that they're a left-wing party is hilarious. There's no "left" in Mexico. The country is horribly conservative and the only party that was from the left, kinda, was the old PRD. Morena is not that AT ALL, especially since AML* is super conservative and doesn't give a fuck about women's rights or the LGBT agenda. But his followers are crazy and just as blind and ignorant as Tr*mp's, so they'll never admit he's a terrible leader.

The economy is a mess, he's trying to modify the Constitution to stay in power, the country is the most violent and unsafe it's ever been, our healthcare system is awful, etc. etc. etc. And people still vote for them. It's un-fucking-believable.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm another mexican who can't believe we have such a shitty government.
X2 there's so much ignorance in our country, that most people don't even understand what "left wing" and "right wing" entails, they just repeat whatever their messiah says without comprehending the meaning behind the words. I mean, didn't he even say a few weeks ago that most people against him are those with higher education? Heck, he even refers to his followers as his "pets", it can't get any more denigrating than that :argh:

Our dear president keeps talking about the evil "conservatives", and yet the dude is the textbook definition of one, he is against gay marriage and against the legalization of weed, he doesn't believe in renewable energies or climate change, and doesn't believe in science either...oh, and he keeps citing the bible and talking about his religion and about how the world would be better if everyone was a christian in every chance he gets, even though we're a secular state🤷

And yeah, the economy is a fucking mess, we have an inflation rate of 6.0 and 9.8 million people have slipped into poverty since he became president. And let"s not even talk about the violence and the organized crime, which only gets worse every year.

What's even more concerning is his obvious dictator tendencies. The dude isn't even trying to hide that he wants to extend his mandate and/or get reelected. He's pretty much on his way to become the next Maduro, with his clear intent of modifying the constitution, controling the supreme court and the militarization of the country.

And no one.fucking.cares 🤦 Honestly, the kind of fanatism and devotion you see in his followers is similar to that of the members of a sect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ugh, Mexicans, I feel you. We’re going through the exact same crap here in Brazil with Bolsonaro. This man and his followers make me sick to death. It’s a cult, that’s unquestionable. He can say and do whatever he wants and his cattle will say amen (and his bots will amplify it).
It’s astonishing how authoritarian populism is spreading all over the world. Will Latin America ever overcome it? We had such high hopes ten years ago, but now is pure misery, hopelessness and desperation.
And AMLO is supposed to be leftist, what a shame. Only the worst parts of a very archaic left have remained, apparently. Do you have any party in Mexico that offers a more progressive-oriented opposition to him?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 07:32
Ugh, Mexicans, I feel you. We’re going through the exact same crap here in Brazil with Bolsonaro. This man and his followers make me sick to death. It’s a cult, that’s unquestionable. He can say and do whatever he wants and his cattle will say amen (and his bots will amplify it).
It’s astonishing how authoritarian populism is spreading all over the world. Will Latin America ever overcome it? We had such high hopes ten years ago, but now is pure misery, hopelessness and desperation.
And AMLO is supposed to be leftist, what a shame. Only the worst parts of a very archaic left have remained, apparently. Do you have any party in Mexico that offers a more progressive-oriented opposition to him?
Unfortunately no. At least not one that can truly have any weight in the elections.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 03:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Latinx is a ridiculous term that cannot be pronounced in Spanish. However, I have seen wokes coming up with a Spanish equivalent (at least online).

So, in spanish everything is "gendered". For example, let's take "we"or "us". In Spanish it would be "nosotros" if it's an all make group or a mixed male/female group, or "nosotras" if it's only females/women. I've seen people trying to make "nosotres" a thing. The e doesn't belong there at all, but at least you can pronounce it, unlike "nosotrxs". And it's not just a "nosotres" thing, they're trying to make it happen whenever they can. I've seen latina "non-binaries" putting "Ella, elle, él" on their profile. "Elle" is made up and wants to gimmick "they".
"Elle" means "she" in french :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 14:48
Guest wrote:
Unfortunately no. At least not one that can truly have any weight in the elections.
I'm sorry to ask, but do you have more of a presidential or parliamentary system? I know the president is really important when it comes to the development and decision making of the country, but the power of the person in charge can be diminished by the role of the Parliament. If that's the case, the only safe thing to do if that clown gets elected, is to make sure your Parliament is aligned with you. If not, it could be the breaking point where you start organising and, after his period, you'll have a way stronger candidate or, at least, people United demanding changes and ready to fight and not settle with the first peace offer. That's extenuating, but it kinda worked for us in Chile, it only took us a lot of lives, suffering, people loosing eyes, and now we are getting a new constitution. Nothing is said yet, but we are expecting for the best and if it doesn't happen, we'll have to go to the streets again.

Stay strong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 07:15
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 05:20
Guest wrote:

x100000000

X2 there's so much ignorance in our country, that most people don't even understand what "left wing" and "right wing" entails, they just repeat whatever their messiah says without comprehending the meaning behind the words. I mean, didn't he even say a few weeks ago that most people against him are those with higher education? Heck, he even refers to his followers as his "pets", it can't get any more denigrating than that :argh:

Our dear president keeps talking about the evil "conservatives", and yet the dude is the textbook definition of one, he is against gay marriage and against the legalization of weed, he doesn't believe in renewable energies or climate change, and doesn't believe in science either...oh, and he keeps citing the bible and talking about his religion and about how the world would be better if everyone was a christian in every chance he gets, even though we're a secular state🤷

And yeah, the economy is a fucking mess, we have an inflation rate of 6.0 and 9.8 million people have slipped into poverty since he became president. And let"s not even talk about the violence and the organized crime, which only gets worse every year.

What's even more concerning is his obvious dictator tendencies. The dude isn't even trying to hide that he wants to extend his mandate and/or get reelected. He's pretty much on his way to become the next Maduro, with his clear intent of modifying the constitution, controling the supreme court and the militarization of the country.

And no one.fucking.cares 🤦 Honestly, the kind of fanatism and devotion you see in his followers is similar to that of the members of a sect.
AMLO represents ignorant mexicans but the fact that he won with 53 % :argh: Meade would have been a better option but people see PRI and they are tired of them.
We still have another 3-4 years with him, I wonder what other clown we are going to elect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The other day I was going to read an article and I found words like "todes", "niñes", it made my eyes bleed :lol: I couldn't continue reading. I think at first wokes tried to use the "x" but since it can't be pronounced they started using the "e".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 15:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm sorry to ask, but do you have more of a presidential or parliamentary system? I know the president is really important when it comes to the development and decision making of the country, but the power of the person in charge can be diminished by the role of the Parliament. If that's the case, the only safe thing to do if that clown gets elected, is to make sure your Parliament is aligned with you. If not, it could be the breaking point where you start organising and, after his period, you'll have a way stronger candidate or, at least, people United demanding changes and ready to fight and not settle with the first peace offer. That's extenuating, but it kinda worked for us in Chile, it only took us a lot of lives, suffering, people loosing eyes, and now we are getting a new constitution. Nothing is said yet, but we are expecting for the best and if it doesn't happen, we'll have to go to the streets again.

Stay strong.
Thank you, anon. Unfortunately his party also has control of the Chamber of Deputies, which is the lower house of Congress (where he also has a majority).

The key in the elections that happened last Sunday was to take some of that control away, cause there was the risk of him gaining even MORE power to do whatever the hell he wanted, i.e. change the Constitution to his benefit by having 2/3's of the majority. He didn't get that, which is good news.

Now he won't be able to do his shitty "transformation" of the country (as he calls it) unless he convinces deputies from other parties to form alliances, which he can do by blackmaling them or buying their vote, but it won't be cheap.

Basically, our country is definitely ran by a presidential system right now, since his party does have the majority in both the chamber and congress, but it's not the majority needed to change the Constitution. He'll still try it, though. This man doesn't really care about laws. He's even said that "justice" is above the law. What kind of justice? The one that aligns with his goals, of course.

It's all very complicated, Mexican politics. And right now our democracy is in danger, but it could've been worse had the elections gone differently. We just need the opposition to not sell out, but our politicians are super corrupt so there's always that risk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 16:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The other day I was going to read an article and I found words like "todes", "niñes", it made my eyes bleed :lol: I couldn't continue reading. I think at first wokes tried to use the "x" but since it can't be pronounced they started using the "e".
This is awful, butchering languages like that. It just doesn't come natural to your brains, once you learn to speak a language, speaking it differently will never come natural. It's just going to give you endless headache.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 17:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Stay strong.
Thank you, anon. Unfortunately his party also has control of the Chamber of Deputies, which is the lower house of Congress (where he also has a majority).

The key in the elections that happened last Sunday was to take some of that control away, cause there was the risk of him gaining even MORE power to do whatever the hell he wanted, i.e. change the Constitution to his benefit by having 2/3's of the majority. He didn't get that, which is good news.

Now he won't be able to do his shitty "transformation" of the country (as he calls it) unless he convinces deputies from other parties to form alliances, which he can do by blackmaling them or buying their vote, but it won't be cheap.

Basically, our country is definitely ran by a presidential system right now, since his party does have the majority in both the chamber and congress, but it's not the majority needed to change the Constitution. He'll still try it, though. This man doesn't really care about laws. He's even said that "justice" is above the law. What kind of justice? The one that aligns with his goals, of course.

It's all very complicated, Mexican politics. And right now our democracy is in danger, but it could've been worse had the elections gone differently. We just need the opposition to not sell out, but our politicians are super corrupt so there's always that risk.
Unfortunately, the only party I can see not submiting to him, is the PAN. The PRI has already stated that they're open to "dialogue"with the president, which is bad news, cause we all know what that means in mexican politics. Then there's MC, a self proclamed opposition, but the truth is they've voted 91% of the time with the ruling party.
The president only needs like thirty more deputies to get qualified majority and therefore being able to modify the constitution at his whim, and sadly I can see it happening. If he gets his wish, we're screwed, because his followers are still a majority and they actually support his reelection and the dissapearance of the INE so chances of a popular revolt are dim . It's all very disheartening tbh :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do Argentines consider themselves European? :yawn:

Argentine president says:
"Mexicans came from the indians (sic); Brazilians came from the jungle; and we came from Europe in ships and that's how we constructed our society" :mask: =_= :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: argentinians omg, come on Alberto

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 20:01

"Mexicans came from the indians (sic); Brazilians came from the jungle; and we came from Europe in ships and that's how we constructed our society" :mask: =_= :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alberto is tt on Twitter omg what a mess :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg Argentinian anon here I thought it was a deep fake when I saw it here but just googled and nope, it’s real. What an idiot jeez and he is supposed to be from the left, it doesn’t make any sense. It goes against his own party’s views.
So dumb

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 19:50
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 17:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Stay strong.

Unfortunately, the only party I can see not submiting to him, is the PAN. The PRI has already stated that they're open to "dialogue"with the president, which is bad news, cause we all know what that means in mexican politics. Then there's MC, a self proclamed opposition, but the truth is they've voted 91% of the time with the ruling party.
The president only needs like thirty more deputies to get qualified majority and therefore being able to modify the constitution at his whim, and sadly I can see it happening. If he gets his wish, we're screwed, because his followers are still a majority and they actually support his reelection and the dissapearance of the INE so chances of a popular revolt are dim . It's all very disheartening tbh :(
:hug: I feel you, anon. Country is a mess and our democracy is at its most vulnerable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 03:06
:eyeroll: we are all Latin Americans, argentinians are annoying. They think they are european. Sure
:rofl:

Gyest56
Reactions:

Post by Gyest56 »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 00:25
Guest wrote:
I'm nearly dead laughing. I'm not Latin American, just have a bit of interest. I know they're like this but they sound so geographically-challenged.

Nobody outside Latin America thinks of Argentinians as nothing but Latin American. Sure, many people know that the people there have European looks - they're still Latin Americans to the rest of the world.

The majority in the US & Canada also have white/European looks with their ancestors coming from there "by ship". Nobody there or outside think of such people Europeans but just North Americans.

Weird massive chip on the shoulder syndrome. Not many ppl think of Argentinians as "Indians" or "Jungle ppl"; hey, it's safe to say "we are Latin American"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
But with a shit economy and government.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Argentina having weird some real racist issues aside...La Derecha Diario...The Daily Right...yeah this thread is going just as i thought it would go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gyest56 wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 00:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm nearly dead laughing. I'm not Latin American, just have a bit of interest. I know they're like this but they sound so geographically-challenged.

Nobody outside Latin America Argentina thinks of Argentinians as nothing but Latin American. Sure, many people know that the people there have European looks - they're still Latin Americans to the rest of the world.

The majority in the US & Canada also have white/European looks with their ancestors coming from there "by ship". Nobody there or outside think of such people Europeans but just North Americans.

Weird massive chip on the shoulder syndrome. Not many ppl think of Argentinians as "Indians" or "Jungle ppl"; hey, it's safe to say "we are Latin American"
fixed for you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 00:51
Guest wrote:

Argentina having weird some real racist issues aside...La Derecha Diario...The Daily Right...yeah this thread is going just as i thought it would go.
I actually think this thread has been on point explaining very legitimate concerns over these latin american governments and the general politics of the area. I'm enjoying the discussion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So if anyone is interested in Peru's election. Fujimori is definitely losing so she alleges fraud. Sounds familiar? She wants to invalid more than 3000 votes from the south of Peru where she loses by far. The south has been voting left since 2006 even voted against her in 2011 and 2016. This only creates more inestability to an already weak democracy.
Well, those 30 years of prison she's facing must be scary. She said if I'm going down you're going down with me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gyest56 wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 00:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nobody outside Latin America thinks of Argentinians as nothing but Latin American. Sure, many people know that the people there have European looks - they're still Latin Americans to the rest of the world.

Many people in other Latin American countries have a European appearance. Even if they have American or African ancestry. :tinfoil: