Eastenders

Reactions:

Re: Eastenders

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 01:04
Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:23
Oooh, I only watched like three eps ever, during what I thought was the start of Iqra's plot and then it turned out to be not much at all, but during that time, I did actually like Honey. Whose husband/bf/ex? had been having an affair with Iqra's sister, I think? Let me dip my toe back in these waters :hudoin:
Yep, Honey was with Adam the wasteman. She's now with Jay who is very sweet but they don't look like a couple at all. I guessed they were going for some Suki Honey unrequited love angle when they lingered on their hug the other week.
Unrequited?? I'm out, see you all later

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 00:50
Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 22:06
Guest wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 04:33
The depth we've already gotten with Suki/Honey (I watch EE & have been enjoying their friendship all summer, but noticed it shifting last week) is so much more than Ash has gotten with both Iqra & Peter.
I’m trying to catch up on everything I’ve missed. Where do you recommend I start? With the July episodes?
July: 15, 16, 19, 20, 22
Aug: 13, 16, 17, 19, 20

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 01:42
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 01:04
Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:23
Oooh, I only watched like three eps ever, during what I thought was the start of Iqra's plot and then it turned out to be not much at all, but during that time, I did actually like Honey. Whose husband/bf/ex? had been having an affair with Iqra's sister, I think? Let me dip my toe back in these waters :hudoin:
Yep, Honey was with Adam the wasteman. She's now with Jay who is very sweet but they don't look like a couple at all. I guessed they were going for some Suki Honey unrequited love angle when they lingered on their hug the other week.
Unrequited?? I'm out, see you all later
Lmao relax next week’s episodes will tell us everything. I don’t think this is unrequited at all but we’ll see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why going with this why? They have actual lesbians on the show ffs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dunno why people are acting like if they didn't do this story, they'd devote time to the other wlw. You can want them to treat them better and still like for more wlw instead of het

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 06:00
Dunno why people are acting like if they didn't do this story, they'd devote time to the other wlw. You can want them to treat them better and still like for more wlw instead of het
Because no one cared about treatment of wlw characters before and now you're all up in arms with people rightfully criticising this choice made for shock value and shippers attention?
Just saying :eyeroll:
Just be honest and say no we don't fucking care about lesbian rep for lesbian characters we just want bi (het?) attractive women suddenly having a forbidden affair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 06:08
Guest wrote:
Because no one cared about treatment of wlw characters before and now you're all up in arms with people rightfully criticising this choice made for shock value and shippers attention?
Just saying :eyeroll:
Just be honest and say no we don't fucking care about lesbian rep for lesbian characters we just want bi (het?) attractive women suddenly having a forbidden affair.
I mean, yeah. I'm not going to watch this show for something good, after seeing what they've already done for years now, or vent yet again on TLC where nobody except other lesbians will be reading. There's a chance this one might be interesting and have some legs, if not, it's no better than I expected from this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
x2 You all can keep popping your blood vessels over this and stay miserable if you want to <_< ,,,but I really like these characters so I’ll enjoy this for as long as it lasts :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New article. More insights into Suki’s feelings. The soap press sure is making a big deal out of this friendship ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 06:59
Guest wrote:
x2 You all can keep popping your blood vessels over this and stay miserable if you want to <_< ,,,but I really like these characters so I’ll enjoy this for as long as it lasts :queen:
It's not a matter of being miserable, this is a lesbian forum. Did you enjoy the stories given to multiple lesbian characters on EE? Did you care? They god rid of Tina for what? She was a lesbian in this age group, wasn't she hot enough? Wasn't the story forbidden enough? Was she just too much of a lesbian to care?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 07:13
New article. More insights into Suki’s feelings. The soap press sure is making a big deal out of this friendship ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The press just wants another couple to give them clicks. Ballum's popularity is not what it used to be so let's try with the "lesbians".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 07:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not a matter of being miserable, this is a lesbian forum. Did you enjoy the stories given to multiple lesbian characters on EE? Did you care? They god rid of Tina for what? She was a lesbian in this age group, wasn't she hot enough? Wasn't the story forbidden enough? Was she just too much of a lesbian to care?
I don’t know what you want me to say sis. I don’t even watch EE regularly, I’m just here for Suki and Honey. I don’t have the time or energy to be retroactively pissed. Hope Gray gets what’s coming to him tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm just bored if this type of storyline, if not one straight character then two straight characters suddenly being gay. It's the biggest cliche on soaps & it's only there to shock. Like being interested in women is shocking. For all the time people are accepting this it's going to constantly happen.

Sorry to be that downer of people enjoying this but if this is the representation you want & accept then by all means ship but personally I think we deserve better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol how random. Guess Honey's Wife Swap time with Adh has had an affect on Honey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 11:48
Lol how random. Guess Honey's Wife Swap time with Adh has had an affect on Honey.
What are you talking about here? What’s the backstory?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 07:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA Well, if you cared, where were all the posts between January and August? Or do you only care when someone else might like something?

It's going to be trash, everyone knows that. This is going to be trash too. But for the few eps it might be something, people will enjoy attractive adult women together. Sue us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 11:12
I'm just bored if this type of storyline, if not one straight character then two straight characters suddenly being gay. It's the biggest cliche on soaps & it's only there to shock. Like being interested in women is shocking. For all the time people are accepting this it's going to constantly happen.

Sorry to be that downer of people enjoying this but if this is the representation you want & accept then by all means ship but personally I think we deserve better.
Okay, sounds good. How will you go about getting that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:35
Guest wrote:

OP. Clearly world domination ... I don't really know what you want me to say. I hate this type of storyline & I won't be watching. I think it's ok to say & want better though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:16
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 11:48
What are you talking about here? What’s the backstory?
Ok just read up on this. Ash and Honey have a nice little connection :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This could be a really great storyline for them, even if it’s short-lived. Honey having to deal with the fall out from cheating on Jay, and Suki having to deal with her family. Can you imagine Ash’s reaction? Lmao… Kheerat has also said some homophobic things to Ash in the past, so I can’t imagine he’ll react well. I feel like they might think Honey took advantage of her. Interesting stuff to work with here, hopefully they capitalize.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest10
Reactions: 3

Post by Guest10 »

The actress who plays Suki said it is a friendship in a Digital Spy interview. EE already has 3 lesbians, and 2 or 3 bi women. Who they mostly do nothing with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are they going to kiss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest10 wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 15:11
The actress who plays Suki said it is a friendship in a Digital Spy interview. EE already has 3 lesbians, and 2 or 3 bi women. Who they mostly do nothing with.
Some of you seem desperate for this not to happen. It’s giving weirdo energy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 19:29
Guest wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:35
Guest wrote:

OP. Clearly world domination ... I don't really know what you want me to say. I hate this type of storyline & I won't be watching. I think it's ok to say & want better though.
da

I sort of agree with you. Maybe things will change as the storyline happens, but right now it doesn't feel like an organic storyline that makes sense for the characters.

I've not watched Eastenders much recently, but Honey at least I've never seen have even any hints with another woman.

Emmerdale 'changed' Vanessa's orientation when she got with Charity, but at least with her it felt more likely as we'd already seen her have feelings for another woman, even if all her relationships since had been with men. And Charity had already had at least one other female pairing.

This just feels like EE are again throwing stories at the wall to see what fits. There are already women in this who who they could be doing storylines for but they aren't. It just feels like pandering.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 19:26
I'm not even gonna consider someone who uses the idiotic Ben Mitchell to prove a point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest10 wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 15:11
I wish it was anon but they wouldn't push this in the press if it was just a friendship. KO and Jon Sen are very predictable, she's played the same tricks for years and now that the boat is sinking she's come up with this. Robron, Kana, Ballum...rinse and repeat, we know her MO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 19:33
Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 19:26
I'm not even gonna consider someone who uses the idiotic Ben Mitchell to prove a point.
Keep crying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m going to cry if this is what it turns out to be lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The way all these "I'm not a bigot, I just don't see why everything has to be gay" homophobes well be validated if that's the case

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why do the theories keep getting worse I’m wheezing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

^^ what she said. In a well written drama, ok. In soap, not on your nelly. Click bait sensationalist pish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Preview for today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yea…this is definitely happening lmao Honey got into a stupid fight with Jay today and Suki couldn’t stop giving her heart eyes. Still not sure about Honey though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sukiiii :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That kiss was awwwkward.

I haven't watched any soaps in ages and seeing people talk about this was how I learned they're not doing social distancing anymore lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 19:34
That kiss was awwwkward.

I haven't watched any soaps in ages and seeing people talk about this was how I learned they're not doing social distancing anymore lol.
Oh dear :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 19:34
That kiss was awwwkward.

It is, but I think that’s the point lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am in pain, folks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know how long Janine is gonna be back for? Is it just for the Fall?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Sep 2021, 21:21
Does anyone know how long Janine is gonna be back for? Is it just for the Fall?
Bump

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

BRB crying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New Inside Soap article

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bullying? Fantastic 008
But that's KO's MO, no couple can exist without violence or abuse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 05:46
Bullying? Fantastic 008
But that's KO's MO, no couple can exist without violence or abuse.
I hate that it’s being framed this way. Is what Suki’s doing wrong? Sure. But is it bullying? I don’t think so. She’s just being an inflexible boss because she couldn’t stand being rejected. I don’t know where they’re going with this. I like their scenes, so I’m just hoping they can at least get back on good terms as friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Spoilers for the Week of 10/4 :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:36
Spoilers for the Week of 10/4 :nervous:
Welp. Lol, right.

Reactions: