Unpopular Opinions

Reactions:

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:29
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:06
^ as a chinese, someone once said the Great Wall it a great symbol of the chinese mindset (don't know about the future). It was to keep the outsiders out, but it was also to keep within ourselves. No dreams of conquering lands and calling it their own.

History shows we are experts at killing our own, no need for outside help
China plans to forcefully retake Hong Kong and Taiwan. Threatened to nuke Japan and USA for even thinking of defending those 2. Wants other countries to bow down to them after they get rid of USA and maybe also the UK, and I don't even mean leading other countries, but taking over.
I mean that was the mindset of the past. China didn't even have an official religon - budhism and taoism most popular. Both are very docile philosophies. And becuase of that attitude Chinese got fucked over by everyone. The national humiliation and sufferings run deep, heck "made in China" still synonomous with cheap and crap. And in just 3 decades, where it's taken other countries a century, modern china has made themselves into a legit superpower, no one laughs or pick on anymore. And it is with CCP in power. Can't see you see how much pride and nationalism comes from that, the chip on shoulder and how the CCP can use it. The ultimate kid being bullied in the schoolayard comeback story. History has taught that it's better to be in control, have the power, then be at the mercy of others

I'm actually anti CCP, want nothing more the HK to be seperated for good. But just want say there are different POVs to commies

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
^ as a chinese, someone once said the Great Wall it a great symbol of the chinese mindset (don't know about the future). It was to keep the outsiders out, but it was also to keep within ourselves. No dreams of conquering lands and calling it their own.

This is what I meant, in a certain way. People who know about suffering and deaths don't love wars. :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:51
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:29
Guest wrote:

China plans to forcefully retake Hong Kong and Taiwan. Threatened to nuke Japan and USA for even thinking of defending those 2. Wants other countries to bow down to them after they get rid of USA and maybe also the UK, and I don't even mean leading other countries, but taking over.
I mean that was the mindset of the past. China didn't even have an official religon - budhism and taoism most popular. Both are very docile philosophies. And becuase of that attitude Chinese got fucked over by everyone. The national humiliation and sufferings run deep, heck "made in China" still synonomous with cheap and crap. And in just 3 decades, where it's taken other countries a century, modern china has made themselves into a legit superpower, no one laughs or pick on anymore. And it is with CCP in power. Can't see you see how much pride and nationalism comes from that, the chip on shoulder and how the CCP can use it. The ultimate kid being bullied in the schoolayard comeback story. History has taught that it's better to be in control, have the power, then be at the mercy of others

I'm actually anti CCP, want nothing more the HK to be seperated for good. But just want say there are different POVs to commies
International humiliation too, I think. Ever heard about the Opium Wars and how Lord Elgin ransacked and looted the Summer Palace in Beijing to be displayed in the UK? Or the dismemberment of China by the Great Western Powers and Japan prior to Mao's rise. I think CCP just couldn't get past their paranoia and started to closed in on itself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:39
You wouldn't have though that Twitter would have this down considering their new boss isn't interested in promoting "free speech" anymore? Twitter wants to have their cake and eat it - curate their content so they close down people who they don't like - Trump, Graham Linehan or whoever but then claim they are just a platform and are not responsible for anything posted on it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:42
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:39
You wouldn't have though that Twitter would have this down considering their new boss isn't interested in promoting "free speech" anymore? Twitter wants to have their cake and eat it - curate their content so they close down people who they don't like - Trump, Graham Linehan or whoever but then claim they are just a platform and are not responsible for anything posted on it.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Child acting (beyond something like a school play) should be illegal the way other forms of child labor are. It would make it difficult or even impossible to tell many kinds of stories in live action film and television, but "art" matters less than real people's lives at the end of the day. Too many children are abused in the industry, and I don't think enough safeguards will ever be in place to protect them from predators in the industry--some very very powerful--as well as from exploitation at the hands of their own families.

Like, this is true for adults in the industry as well, at least the part about industry predators, but at least adult actors are making a meaningful choice to navigate it. Kids can't give that kind of consent. Also there's the fact that the child's image may be used in some exploitative ways and the child may not even understand it until they're much older.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:06
Child acting (beyond something like a school play) should be illegal the way other forms of child labor are. It would make it difficult or even impossible to tell many kinds of stories in live action film and television, but "art" matters less than real people's lives at the end of the day. Too many children are abused in the industry, and I don't think enough safeguards will ever be in place to protect them from predators in the industry--some very very powerful--as well as from exploitation at the hands of their own families.

Like, this is true for adults in the industry as well, at least the part about industry predators, but at least adult actors are making a meaningful choice to navigate it. Kids can't give that kind of consent. Also there's the fact that the child's image may be used in some exploitative ways and the child may not even understand it until they're much older.
Kids can't give any kind of consent, they are not in the age of consent.

Do your words apply to the movie industry only or to every aspect of their lives?

Nobody asked me if I wanted to go to school when I was a child and I remember hundreds of medical checkups I had to go through.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:19
Guest wrote:

Do your words apply to the movie industry only or to every aspect of their lives?

Nobody asked me if I wanted to go to school when I was a child and I remember hundreds of medical checkups I had to go through.
What the fuck??? Education is for the good of a child's future. Society understands that even if a kid doesn't like it (and even if the school system needs to be vastly improved)? Medical checkups help ensure a child's health and wellbeing.

These aren't the same things as putting them to work to make others a lot of money/disseminate their image through mass media. As I said in my first post, do you realize most forms of child labor are already illegal, at least in western countries? You think it's a good idea to just chuck them down coal mines or make them pick fruit until they collapse from heatstroke too?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So no films/shows with children ever? And with adolescents too? This definition of a child is until the end of 17 years old?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:57
So no films/shows with children ever? And with adolescents too? This definition of a child is until the end of 17 years old?
Same anon. And the child models for children's wear and stuff like that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Animation could still serve that. Or those stories could just be told in writing. With adolescents (at least older teens), you can just do what tons of productions do anyway and cast 18+ to play a few years younger.

I know it's a very strong stance and would affect/media art profoundly. You'd never have a movie like Stand By Me again! But well, River Phoenix died not that many years later of a drug overdose and Corey Feldman has spoken out about how Hollywood's just crawling with untouchable pedophiles and that he himself is a victim. Natalie Portman filmed Leon: The Professional (a movie many see as an important film by a legit auteur) when she was twelve, and she much later said, “I excitedly opened my first fan mail to read a rape fantasy that a man had written me...A countdown was started on my local radio show to my 18th birthday, euphemistically the date that I would be legal to sleep with. Movie reviewers talked about my budding breasts in reviews.”

Children are prohibited from being used for a lot of things under child labor laws, why not professional acting too when it's so clearly harmful to so many? Visual media has a huge impact on all our lives, and just never having child actors is a lot to wrap one's head around, but does it deserve to be on a pedestal that we don't question that it needs to be allowed to portray everything, even when the reality of production will lead to inherently troubling conditions/consequences?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:02
Guest wrote:
I haven't seen much on the realities of it affects children who do it so I'm not going to speak on how harmful the industry is or isn't, but it's only advertising at the end of the day. TBH I don't see why it should have an inherent right to use child labor either. Seeing a cute kid wearing some outfit is marketing, not some necessary service for parents.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What the fuck??? Education is for the good of a child's future. Society understands that even if a kid doesn't like it (and even if the school system needs to be vastly improved)? Medical checkups help ensure a child's health and wellbeing.

These aren't the same things as putting them to work to make others a lot of money/disseminate their image through mass media. As I said in my first post, do you realize most forms of child labor are already illegal, at least in western countries? You think it's a good idea to just chuck them down coal mines or make them pick fruit until they collapse from heatstroke too?
(D/A) And so do Covid vaccinations help ensure a child's health and wellbeing. Therefore, why are medical checkups mandatory, while most school districts say Covid vaccinations are optional or offer parental exemptions for their child? I personally think it's because medical checkups have become "common sense" in the court of popular opinion over a large cross-generational span. On the other hand, 20 years from now, we'll look back on all the dead anti-vaxxers of 2020-22 and sadly call them those ignorant, common sense-less "rebels without a cause"...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:30
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

(D/A) And so do Covid vaccinations help ensure a child's health and wellbeing. Therefore, why are medical checkups mandatory, while most school districts say Covid vaccinations are optional or offer parental exemptions for their child? I personally think it's because medical checkups have become "common sense" in the court of popular opinion over a large cross-generational span. On the other hand, 20 years from now, we'll look back on all the dead anti-vaxxers of 2020-22 and sadly call them those ignorant, common sense-less "rebels without a cause"...
Vaccinations should absolutely be mandatory if a child is going to attend school with other children and teachers. If a child won't be attending school then they at least need to be receiving a curriculum at home that will allow them to pass the same exams children attending school do (I have issues with the limits/pitfalls of standardized testing but we have to do something here).

As for why, it's because it's a political minefield and either the local authorities are on the other side of it or they would like to require it but their hands are tied by higher ups?

What is your point? How is the existence of anti-vaxxers a coherent argument that child labor should be sanctioned in the entertainment industry?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I haven't seen much on the realities of it affects children who do it so I'm not going to speak on how harmful the industry is or isn't, but it's only advertising at the end of the day. TBH I don't see why it should have an inherent right to use child labor either. Seeing a cute kid wearing some outfit is marketing, not some necessary service for parents.
OP. Read your both replies with interest. Should all the pics and vides uploaded to IG/youtube and other social media also banned? Or anywhere online (Flickr)? Some accounts - whether professional or amateur - do make a profit through each social media's monetising model. But regardless of for-profit or not (including common ppl uploading stuff of their children on FB), the effect on children is the same.

I'm neutral and not asking all these Qs to counter your position but just am interested in learning more of details from such stance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:18
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OP. Read your both replies with interest. Should all the pics and vides uploaded to IG/youtube and other social media also banned? Or anywhere online (Flickr)? Some accounts - whether professional or amateur - do make a profit through each social media's monetising model. But regardless of for-profit or not (including common ppl uploading stuff of their children on FB), the effect on children is the same.

I'm neutral and not asking all these Qs to counter your position but just am interested in learning more of details from such stance.
It's a very complicated issue when you get into that (like are children appearing in parents' social media unpaid "labor"--in some cases it seems pretty clear they are), and probably impossible to regulate fully even if the answer is just yes, these things are not good, parents are using their children in ways that could hurt them and which they don't/can't consent to either. Or even if it's their own social media.

But acting is already defined as labor and as I've already said, a) look at the deep problems with the industry, and b) we've found it very possible to ban quite a number of forms of child labor already. I know what's sticking with people isn't the child labor issue at all--since I know you don't think children should be put into mining as long as the parents agree to it because mommy bloggers exist, for instance, but that it affects the stories we're able to tell, and which we value so much. I value them too. But I can't justify placing that on a pedestal above all else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've noticed that a lot of British actors are in American movies and shows. The idea is that the UK doesn't really produce content that have international appeal, or they are unable distribute them worldwide. So, to make it big, they have to learn American accents and seek out American media. Even Game Of Thrones is made by Americans, they just allow the British actors to speak in British accents because it's medieval fantasy.

But there was 1 franchise that did make it big, and was created by a British woman, albeit distributed and produced by Americans. Feminists should be proud of her, British should consider her a national treasure, as her films got to 2nd and 3rd highest grossing, and all (most?) of her other films scored places in the top 10. And yet, libfems talk about her like she's some great evil. British actors have denounced her. British media talked shit about her.

I am of course talking about Harry Potter and JK Rowling. There is James Bond too, I guess, but it's not as big. I suppose that you can count LOTR too, since it was made by an English man and starred mostly British actors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

As a SEA, it truly amazes. While the Spanish in carracks were on their way to conquer (steal) landowners, China dispatched their grandiest ship to mainly trade. :rimshot:

Obviously, this is no longer the case. As we speak, the China that is now under CCP control is firing on fishing boats. With only a minor shift in who and what leads the country, everything has changed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 09:45
Guest wrote:

As a SEA, it truly amazes. While the Spanish in carracks were on their way to conquer (steal) landowners, China dispatched their grandiest ship to mainly trade. :rimshot:

Obviously, this is no longer the case. As we speak, the China that is now under CCP control is firing on fishing boats. With only a minor shift in who and what leads the country, everything has changed.
da
So China is just like us right now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itavia_Flight_870

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Instead of saying, "She's got a weird mouth", say, "Her mouth is made for smiling."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 20.1868681

Swedish rape offenders — a latent class analysis
Sweden has witnessed an increase in the rates of sexual crimes including rape. Knowledge of who the offenders of these crimes are is therefore of importance for prevention.
By using information from the Swedish Crime Register, offenders between 15 and 60 years old convicted of rape+ between 2000 and 2015 were included.
A total of 3 039 offenders were included in the analysis. A majority of them were immigrants (n = 1 800; 59.2%) of which a majority (n = 1 451; 47.7%) were born outside of Sweden.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maggie Simpson is just adorable

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Transmen bother men way more than transwomen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Trans”men” are lesbians if they are exclusively attracted to women because transmen are women. And a lesbian is a woman exclusively attracted to women. Lesbian is not based on fashion choices or lifestyle choices, lesbian is solely based on homosexuality.

That said, most trans“men” or non-binary women are not homosexual.. I’m yet to see one of those that is not bihet. They are just women that have being raped/molested or have issues with men. And have pretended to be lesbian to cope or out of spite but they always start to date males once they “transition”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"a lesbian is a woman exclusively attracted to women", not FTM or MTF.

Just like a gay is a man exclusively attracted to men, not MTF. Normal gay spaces (not queer, LGBTQ loons) DO NOT accept MTFs (even though they share the same genital 99% of the times). Lesbian spaces are in this pathetic state not only because of the existence of too many defective TRA lesbians but also of too many gender-critical or non-TRA lesbians who are only too happy to accept and claim fuckedup FTM freaks as lesbians.

Trannies belong to Queer dating and Queer spaces but not LESBIAN spaces, regardless of whatever their genital and mutilated body parts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 12:52

Sweden has witnessed an increase in the rates of sexual crimes including rape. Knowledge of who the offenders of these crimes are is therefore of importance for prevention.
By using information from the Swedish Crime Register, offenders between 15 and 60 years old convicted of rape+ between 2000 and 2015 were included.
A total of 3 039 offenders were included in the analysis. A majority of them were immigrants (n = 1 800; 59.2%) of which a majority (n = 1 451; 47.7%) were born outside of Sweden.
Interesting 🤔 they probably charged with 'hate speech' for this facts tho :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 04:11
Guest wrote:

Interesting 🤔 they probably charged with 'hate speech' for this facts tho :nervous:
I no longer care. In the end, people get the government/leaders/policies that they deserve. After decades of no change, maybe they want this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 04:11
Guest wrote:

I'd be more concerned that ostensibly qualified researchers are using dud data - Sweden overhauled how it recorded cases of rape in 2005, so data over that threshold is not like-with-like and cannot be meaningfully used for longitudinal studies like this.

It's actually quite famously used as an example of lying data by stat lecturers, so unless these researchers have gone to enormous lengths to collate post 2005 cases, which they don't seem to have done, I'd have to ask why they used this particular sample, of all samples they might have used?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 04:01
"a lesbian is a woman exclusively attracted to women", not FTM or MTF.

Just like a gay is a man exclusively attracted to men, not MTF. Normal gay spaces (not queer, LGBTQ loons) DO NOT accept MTFs (even though they share the same genital 99% of the times). Lesbian spaces are in this pathetic state not only because of the existence of too many defective TRA lesbians but also of too many gender-critical or non-TRA lesbians who are only too happy to accept and claim fuckedup FTM freaks as lesbians.

Trannies belong to Queer dating and Queer spaces but not LESBIAN spaces, regardless of whatever their genital and mutilated body parts.
I mean I would never date a FTM. If they've gone too far with their transition they won't be physically attractive to me and even if they haven't the ideology is a turnoff and a dealbreaker. But as far as whether a FTM herself is a lesbian, that comes down to, is she homosexual? If the answer is yes, then she's a lesbian. I'm not "happy" to claim them (actually it's embarrassing), but--again if they're really homosexual, then that is a lesbian no matter how much she hates being female herself or what her mental health issues are. It's possible for a lesbian to make herself repulsive to all other normal and self-respecting lesbians, but that doesn't make her stop being a lesbian herself.

I understand your point about drawing the lines of social acceptance against allowing those who want to have it both ways somehow since genderism has been nothing but a cancer to lesbian and gay spaces, but that's not the same as underlying truth, and I will die on the hill that being a lesbian, ie a homosexual female, is an actual reality that has always existed in human history whether or not there's recognition, a word, a community, etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I understand your stance and logic and do not agree and I'm sure you feel the same with mine. It's all fine. I'm just stating mine in this Unpopular Opinions.

FTM (and NB)-inclusive *lesbian* spaces are just as fucked up and damaged (in a different way) as MTF (and NB)-inclusive *lesbian* spaces. It's just as disgusting and repulsive (in a different way) to walk into the former and see the trannies and NBs when we expect to see lesbians and normal women-loving-women in lesbian spaces.

Create new names for your kind? Or should we, again, be forced to give up the definition of normal name of *lesbian* and create a new, *hate-filled* name for our kind to refer to *cislesbians for ciswomen-only*?

Interesting that there's lack of mental movement from gender-critical gay men to include MTFs as gay men, compared to such rabid consistent effort from some gender-critical lesbian women to include FTMs as lesbian women (lesbians are lesbian women). Unlike some whiners who claim that evil others force lesbians to be the dumping ground/garbage can to collect all the mentally ill creatures, I do see lots of lesbians themselves (they're they bc this lesbian is not part of such) passionately wanting to be that dumping ground.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^I mean, again, I get the embarrassment, but it still just seems like you're ultimately speaking to optics rather than reality. I don't think lesbian spaces should compromise or pander to FTMs/enbies in any way. Like, it's FUCKED UP to take puberty blockers, to fuck up your body with T to the point that you'll need to have a hysterectomy that would have otherwise been unnecessary, to cut off healthy breast tissue, etc. You ARE a woman and we won't be "sensitive" to pronouns. I agree we shouldn't normalize any of their dysfunction. It's sick and it shouldn't be socially acceptable any more than it is to promote anorexia as a valid lifestyle choice. But just like there are closet cases among fundie wingnuts who are homosexual even though they certainly wouldn't be welcome in our spaces unless they left their regressive misogynistic and homophobic beliefs behind, there surely are also homosexuals among gender loons.

Ultimately your gay men example is irrelevant to me because, well, I understand their motives re: optics, but those homosexual MTFs...well, they are gay men too. Gay men who've made themselves repulsive to most (if not all?) regular gay men, but still gay men ultimately. I don't validate trans identity, and part of that is not collaborating with their own attempts to identify out of an actual objective reality they don't want to accept.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 06:52
^I mean, again, I get the embarrassment, but it still just seems like you're ultimately speaking to optics rather than reality. I don't think lesbian spaces should compromise or pander to FTMs/enbies in any way. Like, it's FUCKED UP to take puberty blockers, to fuck up your body with T to the point that you'll need to have a hysterectomy that would have otherwise been unnecessary, to cut off healthy breast tissue, etc. You ARE a woman and we won't be "sensitive" to pronouns. I agree we shouldn't normalize any of their dysfunction. It's sick and it shouldn't be socially acceptable any more than it is to promote anorexia as a valid lifestyle choice. But just like there are closet cases among fundie wingnuts who are homosexual even though they certainly wouldn't be welcome in our spaces unless they left their regressive misogynistic and homophobic beliefs behind, there surely are also homosexuals among gender loons.

Ultimately your gay men example is irrelevant to me because, well, I understand their motives re: optics, but those homosexual MTFs...well, they are gay men too. Gay men who've made themselves repulsive to most (if not all?) regular gay men, but still gay men ultimately. I don't validate trans identity, and part of that is not collaborating with their own attempts to identify out of an actual objective reality they don't want to accept.
DA I get both of your points of view and go back and forth multiple times a day between which stance I take. But I think I’m leaning towards other anon (“validating” them by wanting them excluded from female/lesbian places) because I’m sooooo sick and tired of seeing lesbians start demanding I see them as men and yet continue to surround themselves with, you guessed it, more lesbians just like before. Like, I shouldn’t have to give my pronouns at a fucking meeting for WOMEN. What the fuck else are we supposed to be? And seeing lesbians who are now “non binary” still calls themselves gay. Like just get the hell out of here with your hypocrisy and having it both ways. Not a woman any more? Not a lesbian because of that anymore? Bye. Go form your own groups and causes and support networks and stop leaching off our hard earned circles while slapping us in the face with your super special, threateningly masculine identity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ Lol. Casually calling for genocide. Yeah, you're totally not going to get banned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 13:36
^ Lol. Casually calling for genocide. Yeah, you're totally not going to get banned.
And China hasn't called for genocide? And BTW, I don't mean to nuke the whole country.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 13:37
Guest wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 13:36
And China hasn't called for genocide? And BTW, I don't mean to nuke the whole country.
da. Are you THAT Singaporean?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I totally understand the logic behind Iran's ban on having pets. It's a fact that people are substituting people by pets (claiming that they don't have kids because it is too expensive and then have pets to take care of a living been as if it were a child, as if a well taken care of dog was not expensive as well).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel the exact opposite way. There are way too many people on this planet and pets are much less of a financial and environmental burden. It's great that people are choosing pets for companionship instead of pumping out babies to fill their voids.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:27
I feel the exact opposite way. There are way too many people on this planet and pets are much less of a financial and environmental burden. It's great that people are choosing pets for companionship instead of pumping out babies to fill their voids.
Seriously. What kind of psychotic, religious nut case understands a ban on pets? Oh no, humans might go extinct because some women aren’t being forced to pump out babies anymore!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Seriously. What kind of psychotic, religious nut case understands a ban on pets? Oh no, humans might go extinct because some women aren’t being forced to pump out babies anymore!
The claim that a well taken care of dog is even in the same universe of cost as a child <_< There is unpopular opinions and then there is just objectively extremely wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:23
I totally understand the logic behind Iran's ban on having pets. It's a fact that people are substituting people by pets (claiming that they don't have kids because it is too expensive and then have pets to take care of a living been as if it were a child, as if a well taken care of dog was not expensive as well).
Violence Against Women in Iran state-sponsored and institutionalized

Girls in Iran may be married at the age of 13; fathers are permitted to marry off their daughters at the age of 9 with a judge’s approval. In 2018, the Majlis rejected a proposed bill to increase the age of marriage for girls to 16, under the pretext that it contained “religious and social deficiencies” and for contradicting “the teachings of Islam.”

600,000 and counting. That’s the number of underage girls who enter into marriage every year in Iran. In 2017 alone, there were 234,000 registered marriages of girls under the age of 15. Meanwhile, the Iranian Constitution and laws stipulates that girls as young as 6 years old must cover their hair, and that they are criminally accountable as early as 9 years of age.

The 14-year-old girl, systematically and violently abused by her father, had repeatedly contacted the authorities for help – but her pleas went unanswered. Young Romina, lacking the proper support, devised what she thought was a good plan to escape the violence: elope with the man she loved. She was arrested and returned to her father’s house despite warning the presiding judge that her father would kill her. On May 21, 2020, Romina Ashrafi’s father beheaded her while she lay sleeping in what was labeled an “honor killing.”

https://women.ncr-iran.org/2020/11/22/v ... n-in-iran/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 02:23
Is it all pets or just dogs?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of stuff related to china. What's up with fucking westerners who romanticise the cultural revolution because of some eat the landlords meme?? It was hell on earth and pure fanaticism, I've spoken to people who went through the cultural revolution where they see their neighbours and teachers tortured and killed for little reason, and countless families massacred. The so-called wealth distrubution included the targeted's wives, sons and daughters, who were "redistrubuted" like cattle. Wanna give them all a good hard slap when they tweet about based maozedong or some shit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 03:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The claim that a well taken care of dog is even in the same universe of cost as a child <_< There is unpopular opinions and then there is just objectively extremely wrong.
I don't know where you are from, but in my country to have a dog is a huge responsability, both economically and legally. You can easily spend more than 200 euros monthly with a dog if you buy them good food and take them to the vet because of this and that. Also, legally, dogs have to be registered in the equivalent of a "city hall" (and there is a fee for doing so), so the dog is legally bounded to you and if someone considers you mistreat the dog they can present charges in the police (because mistreating animals is a crime in my country, which I agree with, but I just wanted to show that a pet can give you as much of a responsability as having a child).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 12:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't know where you are from, but in my country to have a dog is a huge responsability, both economically and legally. You can easily spend more than 200 euros monthly with a dog if you buy them good food and take them to the vet because of this and that. Also, legally, dogs have to be registered in the equivalent of a "city hall" (and there is a fee for doing so), so the dog is legally bounded to you and if someone considers you mistreat the dog they can present charges in the police (because mistreating animals is a crime in my country, which I agree with, but I just wanted to show that a pet can give you as much of a responsability as having a child).
200 euros of food monthly :blinkwide: ... Have you got a giant dog? I hope he's fine so he doesn't need special food or continuous vet care :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol that's you're own choice to spend 200 bucks for dog food. And you're own choice to get an expensive type of dogs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 12:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lol that's you're own choice to spend 200 bucks for dog food. And you're own choice to get an expensive type of dogs.
da
If her dog is not doing well, veterinary diet food is not cheap at all. Adding vet expenses + medicines it's easy to spend more than 200 euros monthly, the dog race doesn't matter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Modern city people made it expensive to own a dog.
We own dogs for thousands of years, feeding them scraps from the table and the dogs are healthy and happy. Because they have plenty of space to run and socialize.
Now yall locking the dogs in tiny apartment for hours when yall gone to work and compensated it by buying them fancy expensive dog foods.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still not remotely close to the cost of feeding, clothing, housing, entertaining, and educating a child.
Utterly ridiculous comparison.