Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:57
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:53
Funny thing. Even in the most hate place for Scylla (and Raylla and even Raelle), she wins the popular vote in a reddit poll. And Abigail is at the bottom. Love the shocking realisation from the users there who thinks their views of the show popularity is the real depiction of the reality... Well they are wrong.

Scylla/Raylla fans don’t post there as much because the haters are louder. But we’re definitely there. And they can cry about it.
Reddit is fine. Everyone has their preferences. Because opinions vary a lot there, it also makes the discussion interesting. Some good theories about Alder and the Mycelium. I don’t know why you gays are bothered by Raylla haters. They’re present but they’re always in the minority and get down voted all the time. And then they complain about Raylla stans not being able to take on different opinions. Every platform really is a different reality, huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think 2a was a million times better than 1b which just goes to show how awful the end of season 1 was because season 2 is mostly a mess so far. 2b has potential especially with Raylla reuniting and us getting away from that boring ass military setting hopefully for good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:30
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 02:04
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 23:01
Is no one gonna say it? That Raelle/Anacostia scene was a disappointment. I rewatched that sneak peek lots of times wondering how it would go on, just for that bs.
And lol at the insider...WTF there wasn't anything more ^o)
Let's be honest, this whole season has been one giant disappointment. Al those tiny breadcrumbs are t enough to make us forget how badly they've handled this season.
DA. Seeing it from general perspective and not my shipper heart, I think season 2 was far better than season 1, many more actions, deeper plots and heavier topics. Yes there are many plots going around but all still further the bigger storyline. The only thing that bothers me is how the Spree plot was sidelined because we are promised that this season will be more Spree focused. There's hints Nicte is connected to the Spree but still no confirmation so I won't take it to consideration. Hopefully 2B shows Spree side more

PS: This is just my views on the storyline ONLY, I turned the blind eye about the uneven acting quality in the show
I think from a general audience point of view, most people will be enjoying season 2. Shippers can't be objective, we're too invested in our ships. So if our ships aren't going the way we want them to, we hate the show. If our ships are going great, we love the show. I can see how showrunners get frustrated with fandoms. They're trying to tell their stories & all anyone cares about is who's getting it on. :rofl: I think J Rothenberg got so pissed by it on The 100 that he punished all the shipper fandoms. I don't think any ship got a really satisfying conclusion. But he really was a twisted fuck. :rofl:

Just a cautionary word of warning to Twitter users, I really don't think it's helpful to tweet things like, "too much focus on the unit!!!" Considering the heart of the show is the unit, saying you hate that is just going to make shippers look like spoiled brats who aren't getting their ship. Hopefully Eliot is nothing like JR but there's always the danger if the fandom is annoying enough your ship might pay the price...
I don’t know if Jason Rothenberg is a great example to use as he was very active on twitter and enjoyed the attention he got from shippers and contributed greatly to fostering the ugliness and shipper wars that show attracted. It’s probably a good thing Eliot doesn’t have an account. I mean JRot had to apologize and take a year long social media timeout after the backlash hit. He was thoroughly dragged by major media outlets. I do think he resented shippers and most definitely punished them, especially the hets in the end (which was glorious tbh). But that dude is a great example of reaping what you sow with the hit his reputation took..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I completely forgot SDCC is tomorrow. Goes to show how much I am looking forward to it considering it was filmed over a month ago so I am not expecting anything different other than maybe a few teases about 2B

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:53
I completely forgot SDCC is tomorrow. Goes to show how much I am looking forward to it considering it was filmed over a month ago so I am not expecting anything different other than maybe a few teases about 2B
Yeah, it sucks that it was filmed during 2a but maybe they took into account when it would air - just as 2b is starting. Do you think we might get a 2b trailer? That could be something to be excited about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:59
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:53
Yeah, it sucks that it was filmed during 2a but maybe they took into account when it would air - just as 2b is starting. Do you think we might get a 2b trailer? That could be something to be excited about.
That would certainly be welcome lol
They can always announce a season 3 too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:02
New 206 sneak peeks are out! https://www.dgepress.com/freeform/shows ... em/videos/
Omg, finally, it took forever

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Anacostia and Scylla argue? I want to see more. And Tally and Raelle discuss Alder. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for her to actually discuss scylla or her mother. I am so fed up with Alder and Tally.

JadedCynic
Reactions: 0

Post by JadedCynic »

myka4hg wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 12:30
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 02:04
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 23:01
Is no one gonna say it? That Raelle/Anacostia scene was a disappointment. I rewatched that sneak peek lots of times wondering how it would go on, just for that bs.
And lol at the insider...WTF there wasn't anything more ^o)
Let's be honest, this whole season has been one giant disappointment. Al those tiny breadcrumbs are t enough to make us forget how badly they've handled this season.
DA. Seeing it from general perspective and not my shipper heart, I think season 2 was far better than season 1, many more actions, deeper plots and heavier topics. Yes there are many plots going around but all still further the bigger storyline. The only thing that bothers me is how the Spree plot was sidelined because we are promised that this season will be more Spree focused. There's hints Nicte is connected to the Spree but still no confirmation so I won't take it to consideration. Hopefully 2B shows Spree side more

PS: This is just my views on the storyline ONLY, I turned the blind eye about the uneven acting quality in the show
I think from a general audience point of view, most people will be enjoying season 2. Shippers can't be objective, we're too invested in our ships. So if our ships aren't going the way we want them to, we hate the show. If our ships are going great, we love the show. I can see how showrunners get frustrated with fandoms. They're trying to tell their stories & all anyone cares about is who's getting it on. :rofl: I think J Rothenberg got so pissed by it on The 100 that he punished all the shipper fandoms. I don't think any ship got a really satisfying conclusion. But he really was a twisted fuck. :rofl:

Just a cautionary word of warning to Twitter users, I really don't think it's helpful to tweet things like, "too much focus on the unit!!!" Considering the heart of the show is the unit, saying you hate that is just going to make shippers look like spoiled brats who aren't getting their ship. Hopefully Eliot is nothing like JR but there's always the danger if the fandom is annoying enough your ship might pay the price...
I wonder how much traditional media like FF value social media engagement and all that. Sure, it’s important, but is it the end all be all? How much control does a creator of Elliot’s stature have? Does he have to listen to notes from the studio/production company? He’s mentioned in interviews that FF does their own test screening and research on audience feedback. I have a feeling we may be living in a bubble here thinking that shipping can float or sink a show.

Not slamming the fans, but a show usually ends up brilliant (The Good Place) or terrible without much input from fans. It is what it is. One thing I’ve learned from other fandoms is that if the show runner cares too much about fan service/reaction, positive or negative, and nothing else, the end product is usually very underwhelming (J.J. Abrams and another producer that shall remain nameless come to mind…).
Last edited by JadedCynic on 22 Jul 2021, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That Quarterhorn sneak peek is chefs kiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:02
New 206 sneak peeks are out! https://www.dgepress.com/freeform/shows ... em/videos/
I like how Anacostia and Scylla challenge each other’s beliefs and motivations. They now trust each other enough to really take it to heart. Good stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:07
I still have to wait. Is it that good? Do they mention raelle? Can it be seen that Anacostia sees her as a friend?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Ye like it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:10
Guest wrote:
I still have to wait. Is it that good? Do they mention raelle? Can it be seen that Anacostia sees her as a friend?
No they are talking about what to do with Tiffany. Anacostia wants to take her to the Army. Scylla thinks she’ll be safe with dodgers. Then Anacostia tries to sweet talk her about how she turned out alright and Scylla was like “and here you are. with me. a terrorist”. Anacostia argues Scylla is not the same person she was a year ago and Scylla replies “then why did I laugh when I killed Shane?”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Their main topic is Raelle but they didn’t say her name. They discuss what they should to do now with Raelle since she is target by Camarilla. I guess it’s the sneak peek after the scene when Willa and Scylla will see Raelle‘s pictures in some Camarilla‘s house

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No they are talking about what to do with Tiffany. Anacostia wants to take her to the Army. Scylla thinks she’ll be safe with dodgers. Then Anacostia tries to sweet talk her about how she turned out alright and Scylla was like “and here you are. with me. a terrorist”. Anacostia argues Scylla is not the same person she was a year ago and Scylla replies “then why did I laugh when I killed Shane?”
Hopefully Scylla sticks to not bringing her to the army.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Their main topic is Raelle but they didn’t say her name. They discuss what they should to do now with Raelle since she is target by Camarilla. I guess it’s the sneak peek after the scene when Willa and Scylla will see Raelle‘s pictures in some Camarilla‘s house
No they’re not talking about Raelle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The writers love to keep mentioning the mall in every episode. Nothing changes for next episode I see.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Och forget I understood sneak peek wrong I guess because other anon wrote it’s about Tiffany and I guess this anon is right, I am just too optimistic about Raylla :lol: that what happens when the main couple are not together for so long😂 and they should use names in conversations man

GUEST5
Reactions:

Post by GUEST5 »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They're talking about Tiffany.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:16
The writers love to keep mentioning the mall in every episode. Nothing changes for next episode I see.
Yep, and this is annoying. Haters will come back again ehh and should prepare myself mentally

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone needs to get Raelle her brain back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GUEST5 wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They're talking about Tiffany.
Yep, I got it now :lol: I really wish they would use names and not just „she“ the whole time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Och forget I understood sneak peek wrong I guess because other anon wrote it’s about Tiffany and I guess this anon is right, I am just too optimistic about Raylla :lol: that what happens when the main couple are not together for so long😂 and they should use names in conversations man
:hug:
We’re all desperate for some raylla :lol:
(The “until she’s old enough to make her own choices” is that made me go “wait...” :lol:)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:21
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:02
I think it's sad that Adil and gregorio exchanged more words so far than scylla and Raelle. I won't give a fuck about the Abigail, Adil and gregorio stuff. The Alder stuff I will power through in case something relevant to 5he plot happens. But hopefully we won't have Tally take over the rescue plot for ep 7... :rage: :rage: :rageblush:
Just agree, they even learned Mothertongue together, who even needed this useless scene?! :rage:
How unfair. And if another episode opens with that fucking dude one more time :argh: seriously I can’t believe he’s opened the show the last two episodes. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:22
Someone needs to get Raelle her brain back.
Definitely and writers should do it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:21
Seeing Anacostia's reaction to "why did I laugh when I killed Shane" makes me think that she didn't know about his death. And that it was Scylla's going on her own without consulting. I am wondering what will be their duo like after this and after they blew their covers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scylla. :goldstar: Quarterhorn :goldstar:

Tell her Scylla, where are you now Anacostia...mmhmm

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dude Amalia's eyes. Damn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really didn't think that we would get to a point in this show in which Tally is more rational about Army and Alder than Raelle. I have no idea what was going through writers mind when creating Raelle's plot-line for season 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They've totally ruined Raelle this season. Only reason I don’t dislike her character now is because Taylor is so good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 13:38
Guest wrote:
Seeing Anacostia's reaction to "why did I laugh when I killed Shane" makes me think that she didn't know about his death. And that it was Scylla's going on her own without consulting. I am wondering what will be their duo like after this and after they blew their covers.
I think Anacostia don't know about Shanon too and I don't think that the reaction of Ananscostia will be positive at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:22
:rofl:
I will never forget Brianna's favourite pencil, never, it was so iconic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:21
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 11:02
I think it's sad that Adil and gregorio exchanged more words so far than scylla and Raelle. I won't give a fuck about the Abigail, Adil and gregorio stuff. The Alder stuff I will power through in case something relevant to 5he plot happens. But hopefully we won't have Tally take over the rescue plot for ep 7... :rage: :rage: :rageblush:
Just agree, they even learned Mothertongue together, who even needed this useless scene?! :rage:
I'm going to be honest here, scenes that we see on screen aren't random they all serve a purpose. The scene is obviously to service the Abigail handfasting plot. If it didn't happen to show that him and Adil have some kind of established rapport it wouldn't make sense
not defending the writers, I totally agree that the time they're giving Willa/Scylla could be more but just saying, that's the thought behind it. By the same token Scylla and Raelle also haven't had scenes with each other on purpose, for plot reasons as nonsensical as it may seem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think Anacostia don't know about Shanon too and I don't think that the reaction of Ananscostia will be positive at all
He orchestrated for a child to be stoned to death. I doubt Anacostia will hold it against her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:03
They've totally ruined Raelle this season. Only reason I don’t dislike her character now is because Taylor is so good.
Just had a disturbing thought. Remember they said the unit will all be on different sides or whatever by the end of the season. What if Raelle sides with Alder? :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:36
Guest wrote:
Just had a disturbing thought. Remember they said the unit will all be on different sides or whatever by the end of the season. What if Raelle sides with Alder? :rage:
Ugh do't even put that thought into the universe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
He orchestrated for a child to be stoned to death. I doubt Anacostia will hold it against her.
Ye and I totally support Scylla but I just not sure that Anacostia gonna be totally ok with that, maybe because of the Army but we will see. I just have such feelings. Scylla also still doesn’t know that Anacostia work with Army and they are using her. That’s making me a bit sad

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:blinkwide: I will riot if it will happen. Eliot stop to ruin this season !!!!!!

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
If they dare be that nonsensical I really will stop supporting this show. Let's hope it doesn't go that way. My personal hope is it will end with Raelle and Scylla and Tiffany on a dodger farm🙏🏼

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fuck no! But you know, shows tend to put the villains with the leads or most beloved characters in order to redeem them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the intention for S3

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fuck no! But you know, shows tend to put the villains with the leads or most beloved characters in order to redeem them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the intention for S3
They should take then someone else Abigail or Tally, I don’t care, I can just skip their scenes than. But please not Raelle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, please,no! I mean, they would never do something like this, wouldn't they? That would make no sense, especially after her reuniting with Scylla.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scylla did not laugh when she killed Shane. I just rewatched the scene again. She laughed saying "Not our daughters" just before killing him but she didn't laugh once during the stabbing or after she's done it.

I mean, he was a piece of s#it and deserved his fate, regardless, but yeah.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ye and I totally support Scylla but I just not sure that Anacostia gonna be totally ok with that, maybe because of the Army but we will see. I just have such feelings. Scylla also still doesn’t know that Anacostia work with Army and they are using her. That’s making me a bit sad
Yeah, I want Anacostia to come clean about that. What I don't like about that isn't so much that Scylla got played by her (which ofc undermined their team up a little for me) it's more that it tainted Anacostia's arc. Her doubting the army and going solo in her Scylla/Camarilla mission would have been much more meaningful for her path.

Also please Anacostia, just get Raylla back together already.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 15:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, please,no! I mean, they would never do something like this, wouldn't they? That would make no sense, especially after her reuniting with Scylla.
I hope not, but didn't Taylor did post stuff with Lyne on SM near the end of filming...so who knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 15:14
Guest wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 14:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, I want Anacostia to come clean about that. What I don't like about that isn't so much that Scylla got played by her (which ofc undermined their team up a little for me) it's more that it tainted Anacostia's arc. Her doubting the army and going solo in her Scylla/Camarilla mission would have been much more meaningful for her path.

Also please Anacostia, just get Raylla back together already.
Anacostia is still very pro-army. It is Alder that she is doubting. I can't remember what she said to Scylla earlier on. That she was doubting the army (which would be a lie) or that she was doubting Alder?