Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 22:23
Can someone recommend some more fluffy one shots or shorter stories? I don’t care if it’s canon or AU as long as it’s Raylla focused.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/33727 ... s/83829676

This Twitter account is good for finding stuff to read, it's always updating
www.twitter.com/rayllafics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 04:49
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 03:52
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 01:50
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 01:34
Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 01:30
from one of the writers
I went to see old posts on this thread and I found this. The comments on this tweet, I love it :nails: I'm glad fans expressed their opinions and frustration about season 2, I hope the writers noticed it.

If some of you know the accounts of the writers for season 3 (instagram, twitter), it would be good to post it here, I want to pay attention when they post about Motherland to express my opinions directly to them. Thanks
He's so biased. Not once does he like any of Taylor or Amalia's tweets or anything Raylla based. I have little hope for S3 if this dude has anything to do with it.
this guy co wrote 207 one ep in 2 seasons
If he is part of the writers room then he has a say on the storylines even if he doesn't write individual episodes, and it looks like he is very involved in Adugail. We really don't have allies in that room unless there is a queer woman who can give the perspective of our experience (gay men representation is totally different as ours), but there is none as far as I know and it showed in season 2 :unsure:
hmm I don't think that experience from our world would be helpful since their world is completely different. It's not like they have the same issues as we do. I don't want that their relationships become stereotypical and I had feelings they would be. Of course everyone has their own experience but still we all live in the same world. I liked season 1 and it was something new, nothing stereotypical. If you think about it Scylla was the one who lead relationship(she did first moves) in season 1 when you would expect it from Raelle (stereotype).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
from one of the writers
I went to see old posts on this thread and I found this. The comments on this tweet, I love it :nails: I'm glad fans expressed their opinions and frustration about season 2, I hope the writers noticed it.

If some of you know the accounts of the writers for season 3 (instagram, twitter), it would be good to post it here, I want to pay attention when they post about Motherland to express my opinions directly to them. Thanks
He's so biased. Not once does he like any of Taylor or Amalia's tweets or anything Raylla based. I have little hope for S3 if this dude has anything to do with it.
I went through his likes and I thought like god does he hate Taylor, Amalia and Jess ?? He liked only 2 Taylor's stuff, one of them is with petition. Only one of Jess stuff, couple of Alder's and Nothing with Amalia(Scylla), like really nothing, not even Raylla. He liked a lot of Ashley's/Abigail's, Adil's/Toni's, Khalida's and Bellweathers in general. Then I decided to google who that even is bc I got an assumtion and well I'm not that suprised that most stuff are Bellweather's. The writer is black man. Don't get me wrong I don't blame him but it's just so that people oft support their own, gay people support other gay people, asiens other asiens. But yee it's still annoying that he doesn't give a fuck about Raylla so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 09:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
from one of the writers

I went through his likes and I thought like god does he hate Taylor, Amalia and Jess ?? He liked only 2 Taylor's stuff, one of them is with petition. Only one of Jess stuff, couple of Alder's and Nothing with Amalia(Scylla), like really nothing, not even Raylla. He liked a lot of Ashley's/Abigail's, Adil's/Toni's, Khalida's and Bellweathers in general. Then I decided to google who that even is bc I got an assumtion and well I'm not that suprised that most stuff are Bellweather's. The writer is black man. Don't get me wrong I don't blame him but it's just so that people oft support their own, gay people support other gay people, asiens other asiens. But yee it's still annoying that he doesn't give a fuck about Raylla so
I do blame the new Season 2 writers more than I do Eliot. I think Eliot wanted Raylla to be the main couple and the main focus and as Amalia said, Raylla is "the couple" according to him. And we see that in Season 1. Both of their story lines revolve around each other, they get tons of screen time, even the main plot of the show was surrounding them. Then the new writers for Season 2 come along, and you can tell by their tweets and likes that they are heavily into BLM and Adifail and pushing for POC couples.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 09:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I do blame the new Season 2 writers more than I do Eliot. I think Eliot wanted Raylla to be the main couple and the main focus and as Amalia said, Raylla is "the couple" according to him. And we see that in Season 1. Both of their story lines revolve around each other, they get tons of screen time, even the main plot of the show was surrounding them. Then the new writers for Season 2 come along, and you can tell by their tweets and likes that they are heavily into BLM and Adifail and pushing for POC couples.
I agree with that. I think Eliot want(wanted) Raylla be the main couple. He wrote 210 and he remembered the iconic "S" and brought it back. I’m not sure that new writers even know who Raylla is or that Raylla exist lol. They wanted to push POC and sideline Raylla but you can’t do it after season 1 when most people are Raylla fans

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 10:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I agree with that. I think Eliot want(wanted) Raylla be the main couple. He wrote 210 and he remembered the iconic "S" and brought it back. I’m not sure that new writers even know who Raylla is or that Raylla exist lol. They wanted to push POC and sideline Raylla but you can’t do it after season 1 when most people are Raylla fans
For sure. I'm basing my opinion of him on how much he has spoken about Raylla and the lack of him discussing Adifail. He did a great job with the Raylla scenes in 2x10 and it's actually funny how much Raylla was thrown into it in a short amount of time. We got I love yous, Scylla rescuing Raelle, the S mark, Scylla writing her initial in the sky, them declaring they never want to be apart anymore, THE kiss, and them being glued to each other for the remainder of the episode.

The POC push after putting Raylla front and center just angered people, you're so right.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 10:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

For sure. I'm basing my opinion of him on how much he has spoken about Raylla and the lack of him discussing Adifail. He did a great job with the Raylla scenes in 2x10 and it's actually funny how much Raylla was thrown into it in a short amount of time. We got I love yous, Scylla rescuing Raelle, the S mark, Scylla writing her initial in the sky, them declaring they never want to be apart anymore, THE kiss, and them being glued to each other for the remainder of the episode.

The POC push after putting Raylla front and center just angered people, you're so right.
If Abigail and Adil would have worked on screen together, no one would have said a word as we would have enjoyed it. It was obvious on screen they changed writers from S1 to S2, and the whole show suffered. There have been discussions in here of how even Raelle was tough to enjoy in the first half of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know what to think about all this writers honestly. One writer like mostly Bellweather, Adifail stuff. Other writer like almost everything even Talder stuff and feed delusion crackshippers. Other writer is active on Ashley's and Amalia's IG (by the way she was also writer in the show claws with Eliot).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think new writers definitely had to do with the change of focus, but I wouldn't take away the blame from Eliot, he is the showrunner, it's his show, is not like he can't make things happen. Maybe he got easily influenced by his new writers but he makes the decisions at the end of the day. If they wanted to push poc characters and all, that was great, but if they were smart, it shouldn't have been at the expense of the LGBT couple, and that's on Eliot too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We can only hope they do a better job in season 3. I hope script sides anon can come back and give us something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 11:44
I think new writers definitely had to do with the change of focus, but I wouldn't take away the blame from Eliot, he is the showrunner, it's his show, is not like he can't make things happen. Maybe he got easily influenced by his new writers but he makes the decisions at the end of the day. If they wanted to push poc characters and all, that was great, but if they were smart, it shouldn't have been at the expense of the LGBT couple, and that's on Eliot too.
I wouldn't forget about Freeform. Maybe they wanted chances too and more POC stories. I would agree with other anons, Raylla had not much screentime in 210 but Eliot put a lot of important stuff in this short screentime

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 11:57
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 11:44
I wouldn't forget about Freeform. Maybe they wanted chances too and more POC stories. I would agree with other anons, Raylla had not much screentime in 210 but Eliot put a lot of important stuff in this short screentime
This is true. They did cancel a bunch of their LGBT shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 11:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If Abigail and Adil would have worked on screen together, no one would have said a word as we would have enjoyed it. It was obvious on screen they changed writers from S1 to S2, and the whole show suffered. There have been discussions in here of how even Raelle was tough to enjoy in the first half of the season.
I'm not sure about it. We wouldn't be that angry as we're right now cuz we would enjoy their story more. But even if they would work no one like when they favs are sidelined we would still be bitter about Raylla. You can't build fandom for a couple and than sideline them and make season 2 completely about other couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s so strange that Goldrush still hasn’t announced who their final guest is going to be. It’s been a week since they teased an announcement and the event is less than 1 week away. I guess we’ve pretty much sussed out that it’s probably not Taylor. But I do wonder what the hold up is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix is now like broadcast tv. Yes we would get more viewers.. but they expect that. 5 million eyeballs on cbs is nothing. On freeform it’s a lot. We need more people to watch an Hulu and have an international demand that will pay for streaming rights (to offset some costs of production).

Whining about Netflix or signing a petition that the heads could care less about (saving the show is about views not signatures) gets nowhere.

The sad thing is the fan videos on YouTube have most likely brought in more new viewers than the ff marketing team. If s3 gets better ratings than s2… and there is international demand, Hulu/Disney may consider a s4

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:30
Netflix is now like broadcast tv. Yes we would get more viewers.. but they expect that. 5 million eyeballs on cbs is nothing. On freeform it’s a lot. We need more people to watch an Hulu and have an international demand that will pay for streaming rights (to offset some costs of production).

Whining about Netflix or signing a petition that the heads could care less about (saving the show is about views not signatures) gets nowhere.

The sad thing is the fan videos on YouTube have most likely brought in more new viewers than the ff marketing team. If s3 gets better ratings than s2… and there is international demand, Hulu/Disney may consider a s4
You should look at "Siren" views (Freeform's show) and when the show got cancelled. Disney own Freeform. No way Motherland will get more than 3 seasons under Disney (Freeform). We should be realistic they don't care about this show and Motherland won't get Millions of views to get enough attention of Disney

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
from one of the writers

DA
As long as this is the case, the world will never be a better place (not to mention this Show). And this goes for every single group on this planet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:37
Guest wrote:

You should look at "Siren" views (Freeform's show) and when the show got cancelled. Disney own Freeform. No way Motherland will get more than 3 seasons under Disney (Freeform). We should be realistic they don't care about this show and Motherland won't get Millions of views to get enough attention of Disney
add
Also Good Trouble had bad ratings but got renewed. Siren, Shadowhunters and Motherland have way better ratings but got cancelled. For Freeform it's not only about ratings but money and Disney didn't pick up Siren or Shadowhunters why should they do it with Motherland when this 2 other shows have better views ratings. Eliot just did big mistake by choosing Freeform for his show, such shows like Motherland or Siren are just not for Freeform

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 15:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
As long as this is the case, the world will never be a better place (not to mention this Show). And this goes for every single group on this planet.
Agree. But sadly it’s how our world is and now it’s understand why this writer has only Adigail and Abigail tweets. I remember now that one of Twitter fans wrote about life and death connection and tagged 2 writers. Only one writer answered( that one who actually answers to everyone and likes everything) and now I get why because the other writer doesn’t care about Raylla at all. Maybe he even annoyed, who knows bc he didn’t even liked this tweet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 15:08
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:37
Guest wrote:

add
Also Good Trouble had bad ratings but got renewed. Siren, Shadowhunters and Motherland have way better ratings but got cancelled. For Freeform it's not only about ratings but money and Disney didn't pick up Siren or Shadowhunters why should they do it with Motherland when this 2 other shows have better views ratings. Eliot just did big mistake by choosing Freeform for his show, such shows like Motherland or Siren are just not for Freeform
DA Hulu would be the only option from a Disney company, and that just if season 3 has a big boost on views/streams. Apart from that, I don't see how Disney would be interested. Our only hope it's a different platform, I would say probably Amazon since they have the rights of the show in some european countries, but it depends on how is it doing there.

For the OP, "have international demand that will pay for streaming rights", that's complicated because most of the times it will be on Disney platforms (and I read that Star+ is not doing well in Latin America). Amazon is like the perfect platform for this show but they really are stuck with Disney, it's probably the show's curse

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 15:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
My thoughts exactly. I know it's the realistic argument. But damn, how depressing one. Especially when you're a writer of the show you shouldn't really be that biased. And now, come to think of it, it really explains why episode 7 was so Adigail plot heavy when it really should've been about Raelle, Scylla and Willa... I am glad that they gave them some nice lines but still some scenes should've been way longer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If that's the case then why on the Earth they sidelined Anacostia that much and gave so much time to Tally and Alder? The POC push was only seen with Abigail and Adil. But for example Khalida was also nowhere to find afer we've heard so much in season 1 about her being that powerful... Some weird decision were made. But I also think the truth is different than what people might think. In 1b after Raylla got separated Adigail was starting to form and they've had more screentime then people probably remember. Their scenes were forgettable but they were there. And they were slowly getting main couple treatment. Not to mention that Eliot's first interviews suggested that Raylla would've been separated in season 2 for quite a while. Unfortunately, but I really think that was their plan since the beginning. They knew that Raylla was going to be separated and they needed another ship that people would get obsessed with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If that's the case then why on the Earth they sidelined Anacostia that much and gave so much time to Tally and Alder? The POC push was only seen with Abigail and Adil. But for example Khalida was also nowhere to find afer we've heard so much in season 1 about her being that powerful... Some weird decision were made. But I also think the truth is different than what people might think. In 1b after Raylla got separated Adigail was starting to form and they've had more screentime then people probably remember. Their scenes were forgettable but they were there. And they were slowly getting main couple treatment. Not to mention that Eliot's first interviews suggested that Raylla would've been separated in season 2 for quite a while. Unfortunately, but I really think that was their plan since the beginning. They knew that Raylla was going to be separated and they needed another ship that people would get obsessed with.
Since when Khalida is POC?????
And I‘m upset that Anacostia was sidelined but to be fair she has not much screentime in S1 either and Abigail is a lead :-/ Anacostia is main but not a lead. In 1B Scylla was in dungeon and of course Raylla didn’t have much screentime. But Raelle was still a main lead of the show and you could feel that Raylla is still main couple. Because the story was still around them. All Raelle‘s thoughts were about Scylla. The whole Raelle‘s story was still about Scylla, she tried to find her the whole 106, they have scenes in 107 and Raelle find out about Scylla at the beginning of 108. So they might didn’t have scenes in 1B. But Raylla was still there. I can‘t say the same about 2A and even 2B was not really Raylla so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And I‘m upset that Anacostia was sidelined but to be fair she has not much screentime in S1 either and Abigail is a lead :-/ Anacostia is main but not a lead. In 1B Scylla was in dungeon and of course Raylla didn’t have much screentime. But Raelle was still a main lead of the show and you could feel that Raylla is still main couple. Because the story was still around them. All Raelle‘s thoughts were about Scylla. The whole Raelle‘s story was still about Scylla, she tried to find her the whole 106, they have scenes in 107 and Raelle find out about Scylla at the beginning of 108. So they might didn’t have scenes in 1B. But Raylla was still there. I can‘t say the same about 2A and even 2B was not really Raylla so
Tbh I had no clue that Adil was POC but since that's what they said I assumed that they've cast them the way they should've been from similar ethnicity. So since they're siblings I assumed that Khalida was also POC. And without going deep into actress's ethnicity I always though she is of Asian origin.
Raelle and Scylla's story-line in 1B was there but that doesn't change the fact that Adigail were slowly getting more spotlight.
I just don't think that narrative created here is true. Suggesting that they wanted to do POC push therefore Raylla had to be sidelined imo isn't right. If that was the case then why would they sidelined one minority for another while other non POC character still got so much exposure. The reality is that it was Eliot's idea since the beginning. He might've got some guidelines from Freeform but that doesn't change the fact that he wanted change the focus in season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 20:30
My baby lesbian jesus :love:
I'm so sad to say goodbye to her after season 3, I'm gonna miss her. Also, Alder leave her Mycelium storyline alone.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 16:20
The ginger is so cute, give her a gf :rageblush:
but I wish they didn't cast the blonde actress as the gay one she's really unattractive
The blasphemy ^o) Personally, I think Taylor has an incredibly unique beauty and I adore her voice and expressive eyes. To me she and Amalia portray the most gorgeous couple currently on tv.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Tbh I had no clue that Adil was POC but since that's what they said I assumed that they've cast them the way they should've been from similar ethnicity. So since they're siblings I assumed that Khalida was also POC. And without going deep into actress's ethnicity I always though she is of Asian origin.
Raelle and Scylla's story-line in 1B was there but that doesn't change the fact that Adigail were slowly getting more spotlight.
I just don't think that narrative created here is true. Suggesting that they wanted to do POC push therefore Raylla had to be sidelined imo isn't right. If that was the case then why would they sidelined one minority for another while other non POC character still got so much exposure. The reality is that it was Eliot's idea since the beginning. He might've got some guidelines from Freeform but that doesn't change the fact that he wanted change the focus in season 2.
I'm not even sure if Adil is POC.Someone said he is French. Khalida is 100% not POC, I mean it doesn't matter that they play siblings on screen, this girl is not POC and agree that.

We saw Adil for the first time in 1B so of course it looks like they slowly getting more spotlight. Because their whole story started in 1B tho. For me they were background couple in 1B like Gerit and Tally. They had scenes the whole season 1 but they definitely wasn't main couple, same with Adigail.It changed for me in season 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dnft:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA That's why I put the blame on Eliot too, he is the one that decided to separate Raylla for many episodes, but not only that, they sidelined them and didn't care to write them properly as a couple. So I don't buy this idea of "Eliot wanted Raylla but Freeform and the new writers didn't let him". They could have pushed Adifail and still give Raylla a proper development, there is no excuse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:41
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 16:20
The ginger is so cute, give her a gf :rageblush:
but I wish they didn't cast the blonde actress as the gay one she's really unattractive
???? ginger ????
tally? tammy? red hair

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA That's why I put the blame on Eliot too, he is the one that decided to separate Raylla for many episodes, but not only that, they sidelined them and didn't care to write them properly as a couple. So I don't buy this idea of "Eliot wanted Raylla but Freeform and the new writers didn't let him". They could have pushed Adifail and still give Raylla a proper development, there is no excuse.
Nah I looked in other social media a bit and this weird writer Eli Edelson that couldn't explain how Scylla (spree) steal faces and was feeding Talder crackshippers. Anyway he wrote 2x06 which was Bellweather's family heavy one. That is his first ever solo-credit episode and well he posted Bellweather family on IG. Ye well I don't want to say anything but it looks for me like most writers are not big fans of Raylla honestly. 2x06 has also Raelle and Tally but he chose only Bellweathers... If I remember right he was also co writer of 1x08

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Exactly, that's what I am trying to say. I think some people try to defend him a bit too much. He as a showrunner has way more to say than what's suggested here. The fact that Raelle and Scylla were separated wouldn't have been that bad if they've done it properly. They could've shown us their longing, struggles, flashbacks( even the ones we weren't shown, from the time they were together) and any sort of emotions that would suggest that they've had issues forgetting about one another that would show us that the love was still there. They tried to do it with Scylla but on Raelle's part there was almost nothing. In season 1 they were able to show us how Raelle dealt with the loss of her mother and I kept on wondering why they didn't do something similar in season 2 when she was in a way mourning Scylla. Everything on Raelle's part felt flat and so indifferent. Their reunion was also underwhelming and the only thing that saved it was Amalia's and Taylor's acting... And you're right, if they wanted Adigail so badly they could still go with them while developing Raylla. I don't understand why one shipping had to be sidelined while the other got its time to "shine". Both paring could easily coexist... Unless they assumed that no-one would care about Adigail if Raylla got their proper screen-time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe the ones on Twitter just so happen to be ones that love Adifail. Looking at the writing credits, episode 208 was written by two women. One has Twitter but has so many likes I can't be bothered to get through it. If someone else is curious maybe you can find something MFS related: https://twitter.com/Toepick5

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Exactly, that's what I am trying to say. I think some people try to defend him a bit too much. He as a showrunner has way more to say than what's suggested here. The fact that Raelle and Scylla were separated wouldn't have been that bad if they've done it properly. They could've shown us their longing, struggles, flashbacks( even the ones we weren't shown, from the time they were together) and any sort of emotions that would suggest that they've had issues forgetting about one another that would show us that the love was still there. They tried to do it with Scylla but on Raelle's part there was almost nothing. In season 1 they were able to show us how Raelle dealt with the loss of her mother and I kept on wondering why they didn't do something similar in season 2 when she was in a way mourning Scylla. Everything on Raelle's part felt flat and so indifferent. Their reunion was also underwhelming and the only thing that saved it was Amalia's and Taylor's acting... And you're right, if they wanted Adigail so badly they could still go with them while developing Raylla. I don't understand why one shipping had to be sidelined while the other got its time to "shine". Both paring could easily coexist... Unless they assumed that no-one would care about Adigail if Raylla got their proper screen-time.
Screentime. They have only 10 episodes. Taylor even said that they cut a lot of stuff. You can not put everything in 10 episodes and you can properly develop many couples. They can be only one main couple and all other background. Adigail and Raylla can't be both main couples

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Screentime. They have only 10 episodes. Taylor even said that they cut a lot of stuff. You can not put everything in 10 episodes and you can properly develop many couples. They can be only one main couple and all other background. Adigail and Raylla can't be both main couples
*can't
+There

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes they can. They can simply be given similar screen-time and by that there wouldn't be simply one couple that takes so much time and background couples but instead two couples that might have less screen-time than usual main couple but still get proper treatment. Seriously, if you want something you can very easily do it. And shows like this always cut a lot of stuff. I am surprised that people are surprised to hear that. That's a very normal thing in TV industry. And the show could very easily put everything they wanted if they focused on the main things. This season they wasted so much time on useless plot-lines that I am no surprised that they didn't know how to properly develop their characters

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:53
Maybe the ones on Twitter just so happen to be ones that love Adifail. Looking at the writing credits, episode 208 was written by two women. One has Twitter but has so many likes I can't be bothered to get through it. If someone else is curious maybe you can find something MFS related: https://twitter.com/Toepick5
That's actually interesting. I think 2x05 was also written by a woman and 2x10 was written by Eliot. All 3 episodes was Scylla and/or Raylla important. 2x05 I liked for Scylla, she has best scenes and 2x10 for Raylla said "I love you" and Scylla save Raelle, "S" and "R".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes they can. They can simply be given similar screen-time and by that there wouldn't be simply one couple that takes so much time and background couples but instead two couples that might have less screen-time than usual main couple but still get proper treatment. Seriously, if you want something you can very easily do it. And shows like this always cut a lot of stuff. I am surprised that people are surprised to hear that. That's a very normal thing in TV industry. And the show could very easily put everything they wanted if they focused on the main things. This season they wasted so much time on useless plot-lines that I am no surprised that they didn't know how to properly develop their characters
It wouldn't work cuz we would be annoyed that Raylla get not much screentime. We were already annyoed in 2x07 that Adil had too much screentime. We would be also annoyed that Adigail has the same screentime as Raylla, believe me. It sounds only good in the theory but not in practice. Especially since the main plot is not couples but witches/Spree/military/Camarilla, don't forget some world building ( we get already almost nothing in the show so that we have to watch After the Storm) and that all in 10 episodes. In season 1 Raylla was main and no one can't say they wasn't. Gerit and Tally was background couple, they didn't really had development scenes as Raylla, more just hook up and not that much screentime as Raylla and the characters didn't have their own stories. Raelle and Scylla have their own storie as individual characters. That is also really important thing here. The writers tried to do the same with Adigail, they gave Adil in 2x07 his own plot and in general in season 2. They tried to make them POC het main couple equal to Raylla

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The fact that crackships like Supercorp(last time) and Hosie win kills me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It wouldn't work cuz we would be annoyed that Raylla get not much screentime. We were already annyoed in 2x07 that Adil had too much screentime. We would be also annoyed that Adigail has the same screentime as Raylla, believe me. It sounds only good in the theory but not in practice. Especially since the main plot is not couples but witches/Spree/military/Camarilla, don't forget some world building ( we get already almost nothing in the show so that we have to watch After the Storm) and that all in 10 episodes. In season 1 Raylla was main and no one can't say they wasn't. Gerit and Tally was background couple, they didn't really had development scenes as Raylla, more just hook up and not that much screentime as Raylla and the characters didn't have their own stories. Raelle and Scylla have their own storie as individual characters. That is also really important thing here. The writers tried to do the same with Adigail, they gave Adil in 2x07 his own plot and in general in season 2. They tried to make them POC het main couple equal to Raylla
Well I prefer the scenario in witch both couples get similar screen-time than whatever we had this season because with the destiny talk and union thing I guess writers don't have any intention on giving Adigail less than what they've had in season 2.
I also think the reason why Raylla worked in season 1 was simply because Scylla was a connector between Army and Spree. It just completely made sense because it moved forward the plot whereas most of Adigail scenes didn't bring anything new. And I will say it again, the fact that we have to watch ATS to understand what's happening is a great indicator that the writers and Eliot have no clue how to use their time. When you're given 10 episodes you write and adjust your story-line for 10 episodes. Easy and simply rule. Eliot however tries to put everything in the show even if they don't have time for it. Season 1 in that matter felt more cohesive and actually things made sense. We had a clear problem and clear idea of what was going on and what the issue actually was about. In season 2 everything was all over the place because they've tried to show too many things. And many time in season 2 I felt that some dialogues already happened in season 1 and yet we once again had to go through the same thing wasting precious time they could use on developing their characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:48
Seriously, what's up with crackshippers? I will never understand why Supercorp is that popular and why it has so many fans...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did Amalia know Emely Rudd? Because she liked her tweet about the convention.

It would explain why she liked the other one last week when we all thought it was about Taylor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kudos to that person here that said it was Emily Rudd because I never understood the 🐓

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Most people are idiots, it's a fact. Just ignore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There is a lot of behind the scenes things we will never know about. For example, let’s pretend shonda rhimes created a show for Disney and it sucked w ratings. Disney may keep it going for 4+ seasons knowing it will be a $$$ loser, but keeping shonda happy with a good relationship and the first rights for her next show. That’s what happened with the runaways. Ratings were trash but network wanted to keep marvel happy. These are the things fans go crazy over bc it makes no logical sense, but sometimes relationships at networks mean more than one shows viewers. So comparing similar ratings to the runaways is a joke (as has been drone before). Siren and mfs cost more than good trouble bc of the cgi. We will never know what the “break even” renewal cost for a s4 would be. But I wouldn’t bet on a s4. And for sure it wouldn’t air on ff if there was a s4.

Freeform is a network with no direction. The executives use it as a stepping stone for their careers to move on to bigger and better. They green light diverse projects to bump up their resume that get cxl when the next exec comes on. Hulu ratings are what matters now… but the cast will consider s3 its last bc it doesn’t air until it’s wrapped. Hulu doesn’t look interested bc if they were I don’t think ff would put “and final season” in the press release. Something big would have to happen for Hulu/Disney to change their mind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 20:33
There is a lot of behind the scenes things we will never know about. For example, let’s pretend shonda rhimes created a show for Disney and it sucked w ratings. Disney may keep it going for 4+ seasons knowing it will be a $$$ loser, but keeping shonda happy with a good relationship and the first rights for her next show. That’s what happened with the runaways. Ratings were trash but network wanted to keep marvel happy. These are the things fans go crazy over bc it makes no logical sense, but sometimes relationships at networks mean more than one shows viewers. So comparing similar ratings to the runaways is a joke (as has been drone before). Siren and mfs cost more than good trouble bc of the cgi. We will never know what the “break even” renewal cost for a s4 would be. But I wouldn’t bet on a s4. And for sure it wouldn’t air on ff if there was a s4.

Freeform is a network with no direction. The executives use it as a stepping stone for their careers to move on to bigger and better. They green light diverse projects to bump up their resume that get cxl when the next exec comes on. Hulu ratings are what matters now… but the cast will consider s3 its last bc it doesn’t air until it’s wrapped. Hulu doesn’t look interested bc if they were I don’t think ff would put “and final season” in the press release. Something big would have to happen for Hulu/Disney to change their mind.
x2
This. Someone who really hope that Disney/FF/ hulu will save the show I would really keep my expectations low because there is really nothing that gives hope right now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 20:02
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well I prefer the scenario in witch both couples get similar screen-time than whatever we had this season because with the destiny talk and union thing I guess writers don't have any intention on giving Adigail less than what they've had in season 2.
I also think the reason why Raylla worked in season 1 was simply because Scylla was a connector between Army and Spree. It just completely made sense because it moved forward the plot whereas most of Adigail scenes didn't bring anything new. And I will say it again, the fact that we have to watch ATS to understand what's happening is a great indicator that the writers and Eliot have no clue how to use their time. When you're given 10 episodes you write and adjust your story-line for 10 episodes. Easy and simply rule. Eliot however tries to put everything in the show even if they don't have time for it. Season 1 in that matter felt more cohesive and actually things made sense. We had a clear problem and clear idea of what was going on and what the issue actually was about. In season 2 everything was all over the place because they've tried to show too many things. And many time in season 2 I felt that some dialogues already happened in season 1 and yet we once again had to go through the same thing wasting precious time they could use on developing their characters.
The thing is that for some fans including me is not enough just Raylla. I really do love Raelle and Scylla as individual charcaters especially Scylla, so I need scenes with them as individual charcaters and if you want the same treatment for both couples it would mean the they have to treat the characters equal too and Adil of course then. Otherwise it's not the same treatmen. God I want to porter myself already. That would mean more individual story for Adil. Damn Raylla and Adigail would get then maybe like 1-2 minutes screentime every episode maximal. Because we have 6 main charcaters + Camarilla + now Nicte + some other characters like Petra, Edwin, (Willa), Quinn, don't forget unity unit scenes. Sorry but it wouldn't be enough for me...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 20:27
Guest wrote:
Most people are idiots, it's a fact. Just ignore.
I'm just shocked. I knew they are popular but not that popular. Even wayhaught couldn't beat Hosie lol. I agree we wouldn't have a chance agains shoni or gini. But I have to say shoni is a good ship but there is nothing special, so I'm just shocked

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
There are still a lot of sapphics that love to suffer and the subtext (we have some in Motherland :nervous: ). I will never understand that but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:20
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:53
That's actually interesting. I think 2x05 was also written by a woman and 2x10 was written by Eliot. All 3 episodes was Scylla and/or Raylla important. 2x05 I liked for Scylla, she has best scenes and 2x10 for Raylla said "I love you" and Scylla save Raelle, "S" and "R".
DA Went back and looked for the writers per episode as reference : the underlined are women
Writers Source: MFS wikipedia
Season 1
E1 Eliot Laurence
E2 Eliot Laurence
E3 Brian Studler
E4 Christopher Peña
E5 Joy Kecken
E6 Maria Maggenti
E7 Nicole Avenia & Nikki McCauley
E8 Eli Edelson & Joy Kecken
E9 Maria Maggenti
E10 Eliot Laurence