Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:14
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:10
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:00
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:30

hmm actually If I got it right that she just doesn't want any romantic relationship for Tally because she doesn't want her heart to be brocken. So "to continue to fly solo" is just more her personal wish for Tally
Yeah she doesn't seem to have any enthusiasm for tally/gregorio. I wonder if something happened.
I don't think that something happened. I think that she just enjoyed her story in season 2 and she enjoyed to be without any romantic relationship
I meant that she had spoken about previously that she discussed with Eliot a possible relationship with Gregorio, something like that. Now, it seems like she either doesn't think that will happen or doesn't want it to.
I honestly don't think Gregorio will be in s03. The actor has another gig & he was a bit of a pointless character. I doubt he'll be back................ Although that might just be wishful thinking. :rofl:
:fingcross:

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

myka4hg wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:30

hmm actually If I got it right that she just doesn't want any romantic relationship for Tally because she doesn't want her heart to be brocken. So "to continue to fly solo" is just more her personal wish for Tally
Yeah she doesn't seem to have any enthusiasm for tally/gregorio. I wonder if something happened.
I don't think that something happened. I think that she just enjoyed her story in season 2 and she enjoyed to be without any romantic relationship
I meant that she had spoken about previously that she discussed with Eliot a possible relationship with Gregorio, something like that. Now, it seems like she either doesn't think that will happen or doesn't want it to.
I honestly don't think Gregorio will be in s03. The actor has another gig & he was a bit of a pointless character. I doubt he'll be back................ Although that might just be wishful thinking. :rofl:
She did mention him in her s3 possible arcs though. I can’t remember exactly what she said in her interview with Adam but I do remember her mentioning him for season 3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:13
myka4hg wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She did mention him in her s3 possible arcs though. I can’t remember exactly what she said in her interview with Adam but I do remember her mentioning him for season 3.
x2
the actor seemed to be in for season 3 when it was officially announced and he has time to film both his projects, so doubt he won't be

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:13
myka4hg wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Eliot probably just hasn't told her he's been written out yet... :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why are we talking about the heteros

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tally = queer ? Without any romantic or sexual relationship in S3 ?

Why not...?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:36
Why are we talking about the heteros
x2 I agree with you. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:43

Why not...?
Huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
Because I have feelings writers won't do it. I hope I'm wrong and she will be solo again :fingcross: . But I just doubt it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
Queer Tally is not canon, so no.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
What?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:50
Guest wrote:

Why not...?
Queer Tally is not canon, so no.
x2 There is no reasons to think she is queer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
Sorry but no that will not happen

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m sorry but if that girl was “queer” she wouldn’t have slept with the first boy she saw and her witch mark would have been shiny a long time ago.

I’m all for “let all girls be lesbian” but come on lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Why not...?
?? Tally and hetero.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In any case, I hope the show takes a break from Tally in S3, I liked her arc and growth but sometimes it was too much of her. The show needs to focus on Raelle again, that's when it was at its best. And even if I don't like Abigail I think it would be fair to give her some interesting stuff, sadly she is stuck with bland Adull

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:05
I’m sorry but if that girl was “queer” she wouldn’t have slept with the first boy she saw and her witch mark would have been shiny a long time ago.

I’m all for “let all girls be lesbian” but come on lol
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:11
In any case, I hope the show takes a break from Tally in S3, I liked her arc and growth but sometimes it was too much of her. The show needs to focus on Raelle again, that's when it was at its best. And even if I don't like Abigail I think it would be fair to give her some interesting stuff, sadly she is stuck with bland Adull
I want it to be fair. But I have no idea what they can give Abigail when the actress cannot play emotion scenes, even all her scenes without Adill in season 2 were flat. Raelle got in S1+S2 emotions scenes and Taylor can deliver it that why season 1 was also so good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope we see much less of Fort Salem. I'm sure we'll see Petra and Anacostia but no clue how minor characters like M and Gregorio would factor in. If we could see barely any of them or not at all that'd be great.

I think we'll probably be getting the gang on the run, Petra/Anacostia and then VP Silver's perspectives.

What do y'all think?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:18
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:11
I want it to be fair. But I have no idea what they can give Abigail when the actress cannot play emotion scenes, even all her scenes without Adill in season 2 were flat. Raelle got in S1+S2 emotions scenes and Taylor can deliver it that why season 1 was also so good.
I don't like Adil but the fact that he had more chemistry with his sister than with Abigail and I don't remember that Abigail had really chemistry with anyone make me questionable... I personaly don't want Abigail to be centric of season 3, I had enough in season 2. I would prefer more Anacostia than

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love when fandom is hypocritical. I wonder what would happen if Abigail was given a meaty plot… but she had the same screen time as Scylla was given s2. Would her fans bitch… or would we just quote back to them what they said re: Scylla s2… that she had a good arc/plot so stop complaining about screen time. I would love it. Give her character something good… but minimize that screen time. Ashely most likely won’t be able to pull off Amalia’s micro expressions that made some of those scenes… but it would be a good experiment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 18:37
I love when fandom is hypocritical. I wonder what would happen if Abigail was given a meaty plot… but she had the same screen time as Scylla was given s2. Would her fans bitch… or would we just quote back to them what they said re: Scylla s2… that she had a good arc/plot so stop complaining about screen time. I would love it. Give her character something good… but minimize that screen time. Ashely most likely won’t be able to pull off Amalia’s micro expressions that made some of those scenes… but it would be a good experiment
I can't actually say that her whole plot in season 2 was bad. There were moments that was bad but in general there were good stuff tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 18:51
Guest wrote:
I can't actually say that her whole plot in season 2 was bad. There were moments that was bad but in general there were good stuff tho.
I'd really like Abigail to get a good arc on her own where she can develop as a character. Raelle and Tally have been able to progress, but Abigail is still the same girl from the pilot. It's going to be difficult for her to get this with her story revolving around Adull.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 19:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'd really like Abigail to get a good arc on her own where she can develop as a character. Raelle and Tally have been able to progress, but Abigail is still the same girl from the pilot. It's going to be difficult for her to get this with her story revolving around Adull.
Tally yes. Raelle? I honestly don't even get what her personality is anymore, I will say I'm confused. I know what writers intetion because I watched interviews. But still I'm confused. So Raelle doesn't count for me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well for development you need emotions scenes, Tally had such scenes this season because the characters need a reason to develop. Disagree about Raelle, they sidelined her this season, no one liked her arc or I would even say lack of her arc/development of her arc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da

do you honestly think that Ashley would be able to properly pull off a "meaty" arc? even if they've given it to her, she'd most likely butcher it!

i'd rather they give something "meaty" to Demetria, and not waste it on Ashley.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually have always shipped Tally with Penelope :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 19:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da

do you honestly think that Ashley would be able to properly pull off a "meaty" arc? even if they've given it to her, she'd most likely butcher it!

x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da

x2
You can just do mind experimen. Imagine Ashley as Scylla, she would than have minimal screentime but Scylla's arc. Do you think Scylla would be than as popular as she now is? Because I don't think so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 19:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tally yes. Raelle? I honestly don't even get what her personality is anymore, I will say I'm confused. I know what writers intetion because I watched interviews. But still I'm confused. So Raelle doesn't count for me
x100 Same for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 20:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da

x2
You can just do mind experimen. Imagine Ashley as Scylla, she would than have minimal screentime but Scylla's arc. Do you think Scylla would be than as popular as she now is? Because I don't think so
I agree with this. All you need to do is go watch 2x04 when Ashley is in the bed, she did not deliver the emotion needed in that scene. She didn't in the scenes with her family later either. None of the cast could pull off what Taylor and Amelia did and make the characters likeable. Raelle in s1 was selfish, suicidal, and a hot head, but oh did I love her. She is none of those things now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

x2
I agree with this. All you need to do is go watch 2x04 when Ashley is in the bed, she did not deliver the emotion needed in that scene. She didn't in the scenes with her family later either. None of the cast could pull off what Taylor and Amelia did and make the characters likeable. Raelle in s1 was selfish, suicidal, and a hot head, but oh did I love her. She is none of those things now.
Omg that 204 hospital scene was TERRIBLE. I can’t believe they kept it in the show…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 22:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

x2
Omg that 204 hospital scene was TERRIBLE. I can’t believe they kept it in the show…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 00:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

x2
DA In the pilot script that got released it referred to Abigail as an “alpha” and I think a big problem with the character is it’s just not authentic or believable. This “time to hunt” line is a prime example of how OTT and almost comical it comes off. There’s no natural swag to the performance. It’s too on the nose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2
DA In the pilot script that got released it referred to Abigail as an “alpha” and I think a big problem with the character is it’s just not authentic or believable. This “time to hunt” line is a prime example of how OTT and almost comical it comes off. There’s no natural swag to the performance. It’s too on the nose.
in other words - Ashley can't act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2
I enjoyed Abigail in S1. She did not have lines like time to hunt or bath in their blood as she was just a kid trying to live up to her parents expectations. I did not enjoy S2 Abigail and yes, sometimes it was so bad that it almost made me LOL. I really just thought the writers were stupid though. Her threat against Scylla was really OTT. It was comical in 2x08 when she talked about beating the camarilla and all I could think is what must Scylla be thinking? For the show to succeed, they really need to write Abigail better, let Ashley do what she can do well. She fights well, and she can be humorous, so they should let that be her most of the time. For the show to succeed, they cannot have a main character written so badly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Y’all are killing me :rofl: I forgot about that “time to hunt” line. And it reminded me “raelle? They’ve got Raelle?” And now I’m laughing again :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I recently binged both seasons and I was wondering about the way Scylla speaks.

Is Amalia's American accent bad (no offense, I love her to bits) or did they just tell her to go for it and speak the way she would normally speak English?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I enjoyed Abigail in S1. She did not have lines like time to hunt or bath in their blood as she was just a kid trying to live up to her parents expectations. I did not enjoy S2 Abigail and yes, sometimes it was so bad that it almost made me LOL. I really just thought the writers were stupid though. Her threat against Scylla was really OTT. It was comical in 2x08 when she talked about beating the camarilla and all I could think is what must Scylla be thinking? For the show to succeed, they really need to write Abigail better, let Ashley do what she can do well. She fights well, and she can be humorous, so they should let that be her most of the time. For the show to succeed, they cannot have a main character written so badly.
Good writing won’t turn her into a decent actress.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:07

Is Amalia's American accent bad (no offense, I love her to bits) or did they just tell her to go for it and speak the way she would normally speak English?
no clue what they told her but I remember she replied to an Instagram comment once asking her about it with a winky face emoji or something (I forget)

but I dont think its bad, it does slip from time to time but i never notice anything crazy. unlike Jessica's accent in the infirmary scene in s2. her accent completely took me out of the show there. always wonder why they didn't redo it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:47
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:09
Also, Jess mentioned that Tally might continue to fly solo in s3 aka not have a romantic relationship
:fingcross: :fingcross: :fingcross:

I really hope so. It'd be so refreshing to have a (straight) female character not needing to have a significant other or to be in a relationship.
This I agree completely.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:38
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:07

no clue what they told her but I remember she replied to an Instagram comment once asking her about it with a winky face emoji or something (I forget)

but I dont think its bad, it does slip from time to time but i never notice anything crazy. unlike Jessica's accent in the infirmary scene in s2. her accent completely took me out of the show there. always wonder why they didn't redo it
Jessica’s and Lyne’s accents are very noticeable to me. I personally find nothing wrong with it especially with Scylla’s because with her being a dodger there is the excuse that she was constantly moving around and never really settled so an accent is expected. Lyne’s accent is usually pretty consistent but I agree that Jess’ slips are more jarring cause Tally is supposed to be the typical american girl next door.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I´ve try hard to like AB but yeah definitely the actor is the problem. And the cliffhanger with what dr death said about heaven and earth avoid their union or something of the sort, I do hope elliot doesn´t make it the main plot of the 3rd season. Maybe AB and Adil can shimmy into nothingness to keep safe and maybe appear back again in ep 311, o wait there is no 11. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:47
I´ve try hard to like AB but yeah definitely the actor is the problem. And the cliffhanger with what dr death said about heaven and earth avoid their union or something of the sort, I do hope elliot doesn´t make it the main plot of the 3rd season. Maybe AB and Adil can shimmy into nothingness to keep safe and maybe appear back again in ep 311, o wait there is no 11. :P
The worst thing that could’ve happened to Abigail was to make her storyline about a man - especially one with just as much charisma and acting skills as Ashley. They’re fucking insufferable together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:57
guest wrote:
The worst thing that could’ve happened to Abigail was to make her storyline about a man - especially one with just as much charisma and acting skills as Ashley. They’re fucking insufferable together.
Da, but I completely agree. They wrote her into a (boring) box, and now they have no way of getting her out of it. So either they kill him off right away, or they are stuck with two boring characters together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:57
guest wrote:
this, so fucking much! and i don't even like Abigale/Ashley but her story line was also quite bad in s2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:20
The things they made her say :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I saw that people have also some problems with Amalia‘s lines like „like ever“ but they say she still made it work. So good actress makes it works somehow anyway.

About Abigail if they put her in the box with only „fight and humorous“ scenes than it means no big story like it was in 1A, not be centric of the show and in her case no development as a character