Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:47
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:40
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:07
I recently binged both seasons and I was wondering about the way Scylla speaks.

Is Amalia's American accent bad (no offense, I love her to bits) or did they just tell her to go for it and speak the way she would normally speak English?
I don’t find Amalias accent bad. It plays to the mystery of her Character and only noticiable on certain words. However I always notice Jessica accent come through her English. Also, they stopped having Raelle put a southern accent on things.
Did Raelle ever have a Southern accent? I mean her speaking voice is very different from season one to season two but I don't think its accent related.

I can tell Amalia's isn't a native English speaker and is probably from somewhere in Europe but her accent is fine. Its not on the level of Alba Baptista but thats pretty rare.
DA I don't think she had an accent at all in S1, except for when she said "My momma taught me how." but I think she did an accent on purpose in that scene because she wanted to prank the doctor/nurse lady a bit.
Yeah I can't recall her ever having any type of southern accent but in the pilot or an early episode didn't she mention having a "cession drawl" or something? Can you imagine if they had her talk like Shelby from the wilds

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

their eyes! :faint:

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 19:44
Is that child labor they're using? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 20:00
their eyes! :faint:

If only they could make babies together imagine their children eye colors :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 15:56
:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 23:32
Who the fuck is out there voting for Adull

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People who call you racist if you don't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:43
People who call you racist if you don't.
Oh I forgot about the woke police in this fandom. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So far, Scylla is beating Tally, Willa is beating Adull, Raelle beating Nicte and Anacostia beating Abigail lmao. Vote if you haven't!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 05:47
So far, Scylla is beating Tally, Willa is beating Adull, Raelle beating Nicte and Anacostia beating Abigail lmao. Vote if you haven't!
They're all winning by a landslide lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:48
Am I bad for not knowing what the picture is? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 15:31
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
:blinkwide: Shame! Shame!

P.S. Just kidding... Or am I.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you even GAY anon?! Just kidding too, but holy smokes, how can you not recognize that? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:18
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you even GAY anon?! Just kidding too, but holy smokes, how can you not recognize that? :lol:
OP here, I haven't watched Raylla scenes a billion times like most people here have. :lol: Only once or twice so that's why it slipped my mind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

today they will drop interview with Amalia

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:39
*cringinginadvance*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:16
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:39
*cringinginadvance*
hahha I don't know hat to expect honestly but here is preview

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
mods? can we please ban this person?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
mods? can we please ban this person?
I already reported them to the police

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:53
Remember that theory before S2.
in which this person says Raelle was basically asking Scylla to become part of her family by giving her a charm with the same bird as her family (bowerbird), ​and that kind of happened in S2. Scylla was basically part of her family, first with Willa then Raelle asked her to stay at her home with her father :wub: I'm not sure if Eliot is that smart to write that intentionally, but it's cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^That girl in the video pronounced Raelle’s name wrong :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:03
Ugh I’m only 1:05 in and it’s so spliced up :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She talks about the similarities and differences between her and Scylla

Quarterhorn

Acting in the Raylla 2x07 scene

Working with the magic in the show

Why Scylla is so popular

What other characters she would want to play

Being a part of a couple with good LGBT representation

The balance between Raylla like life and death

Improvising scenes

Scylla's past

Scylla's future

Speaks Portuguese

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:
She talks about the similarities and differences between her and Scylla

Quarterhorn

Acting in the Raylla 2x07 scene

Working with the magic in the show

Why Scylla is so popular

What other characters she would want to play

Being a part of a couple with good LGBT representation

The balance between Raylla like life and death

Improvising scenes

Scylla's past

Scylla's future

Speaks Portuguese
Amalia is so good with languages :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She also mentions that she hopes Raelle would calm Scylla's impulsiveness but Raelle is also impulsive and says what she wants. And I think that covers all the Raylla mentions

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

keep the clips coming cause I ain’t watching all that :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So sweet that she says she hopes to see more about Scylla's past but also other characters like Tally's mom. Baby no one wants to know about Tally's mom :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:59
It was actually good and it's only like 26 minutes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:48
The fact that she doesn't know if Eliot was conscious about the fixer and the necro (life and death), makes me think that probably most of it was just random lol Like, I'm not expecting anything about the mycelium and Scylla's seed anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:08
So sweet that she says she hopes to see more about Scylla's past but also other characters like Tally's mom. Baby no one wants to know about Tally's mom :lol:
She did have a point though because we saw barely anything about her family. Showed her mom in the pilot and that was it. Of course I want Scylla instead but Raelle and Abigail both have storylines involving their family and Tally never did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:31
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:59
It was actually good and it's only like 26 minutes
da

i was just about to say - it was a good interview. and we should support the kind people that made this into existence and give them a YT view and a like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 22:01
Guest wrote:
She did have a point though because we saw barely anything about her family. Showed her mom in the pilot and that was it. Of course I want Scylla instead but Raelle and Abigail both have storylines involving their family and Tally never did.
Nah, there was more in season 1, I mean about Tally's family. But ye there weren't deep story about Tally's family but there weren't about Scylla's either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I mean, what do you honestly want to know more about Tally's backstory? She lived with her mom who managed to get her a way out of serving in the military, with that lawyer, but Tally went to the army anyway. They lived boring guy-less lives (not that that's a bad thing) in the metrofocal area near Sacramento. There's nothing really more to it, except the fact that Tally lost her aunt(s) to the army.

BTW, Raelle also lost her only aunt and Willa her sister but we never even heard about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah but that's because her past is not really interesting. Apart from her family dying in the army, her life was pretty fine, she had the chance to choose to be in the army, her mom is not happy that she said yes, but what else do we need to know that could be interesting? No wonder why in ep 8 her delusion was about the biddie thing, because her life has been fine and uninteresting that the only traumatic thing that has happened to her was being a biddie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They're so beautiful! And the song is so beautiful, too! :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 22:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah but that's because her past is not really interesting. Apart from her family dying in the army, her life was pretty fine, she had the chance to choose to be in the army, her mom is not happy that she said yes, but what else do we need to know that could be interesting? No wonder why in ep 8 her delusion was about the biddie thing, because her life has been fine and uninteresting that the only traumatic thing that has happened to her was being a biddie.
Oh, but Tally's family has so much potential to show a darker side to the MFS 'verse. 4 Sisters dying and one escaping by getting a had fought for, rare exemption to breed future canon fodder? And then loose the one daughter she has to the lure of State and Army propaganda, when this daughter could've lived the life characters like Raelle and Scylla can only dream about? That must be really hard for Tally's mom... imagine when she got news (if she got the news) of Tally getting biddified... bound to Alder. That must have been pure horror for Tally's mom.

If the show had opened with Tally's aunts all dying four horrific and senseless deaths and only then the mall attack... the show might have taken a very different and possibly darker slant.
I certainly would've found that interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 10:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh, but Tally's family has so much potential to show a darker side to the MFS 'verse. 4 Sisters dying and one escaping by getting a had fought for, rare exemption to breed future canon fodder? And then loose the one daughter she has to the lure of State and Army propaganda, when this daughter could've lived the life characters like Raelle and Scylla can only dream about? That must be really hard for Tally's mom... imagine when she got news (if she got the news) of Tally getting biddified... bound to Alder. That must have been pure horror for Tally's mom.

If the show had opened with Tally's aunts all dying four horrific and senseless deaths and only then the mall attack... the show might have taken a very different and possibly darker slant.
Not me. The way you describe her past, it's make Tally even more dumb. Her innocence and pro army mantra never made sense to me when you put together her family background. How she can be so naive?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not me. The way you describe her past, it's make Tally even more dumb. Her innocence and pro army mantra never made sense to me when you put together her family background. How she can be so naive?
Yea, it is a little difficult to believe that Tally and Abigail were so pro-Army when they are the last of their line. Raelle had her moments too, which was totally unbelievable for me and making her a little unlikeable in S2. They are disillusioned at the end of S2 only because of the things they have seen currently. I have accepted that they are not written to be the brightest nuggets.

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think it's two different mind sets.
Some people think there are things worth fighting & dying for.
Some people don't.

What the show is addressing now is sometimes you don't even get that choice.
Witches either fight or the Camarilla wipe them out.

Pacifism is a very noble thing but it's not always a practical option. Sometimes a pragmatic approach is required.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »