Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:24
RaelleCollar wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:09
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:01
WTF is this hate-fest here?!

Why are the racist Berthas attacking Taylor Hickson who has been nothing but supportive to the LGBTQ community so far? What for? She has done nothing wrong.

Someone cares and does research, speaks up.
That makes her totally such a fake and bad human. Burn her. Oh, no, the book was on her bed and it took fandom ninjas to decipher what it was about... totally calculated! and her walls were painted white.. it's a sign! :blinkwide: /s

Y'all talking like this is the precrime division from the "Minority Report"-movie. How about you spare your hate until TH has actually done something critique-worthy? Usually you do that after a "crime" has been committed. Not before.

Also no one is praising her for it. That's such bullshit. People are however allowed to be happy about someone being in their corner and breaking a lance for them instead of riding armed against them. People are even allowed to like what was said.
Considering how our rights are slowly being eroded nearly everywhere it's of course bad when people promote wlw relationships or stand up for us. Give me a break! :eyeroll:

When I compare the MFS Raylla kisses to nearly every other tv show on air they seem genuine and not like fake tv kisses. Both of them are not afraid to touch. There's zero hesitation in their body language which is so fucking rare.

"virtue-signalling / fake ally" Can you use anymore right-wing/alt-right talking points? Or did you hop-in from one of the number-chans? Just stop watching the show or reading about the actors if it's too much.

Just kindly go and distance yourself. :nails:
It's the anon trolls who wouldn't even be posting here if the board went back to being members only.
You can't argue based on logic so you go for personal attacks or strawmans. :nails:
Make an account then, lol.

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

RaelleCollar wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:33
Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 22:31
Who was praising her? The conversation was originally about the criticism she was getting for caring too much.
The joke is that people who probably say Taylor "cares too much" are the people who love queerbait like Rizzles. it's always that type. The ones who stan actresses who wouldn't play gay if their life depended on it.
If believing that makes you feel better. I, for one, don't even know what or who a Rizzles is. And the only ones saying she "cares too much" are those strawmaning the opposing opinion.

Your arguments boil down to "who does it hurt" "back in my day..." but, it's not your day anymore. In this day, gay marriage is legal in many parts of the world. Corporations openly support LGBT. and BLM. Influencers pose at BLM protests for the gram. Paparazzi show up at BLM protests to take pics of celebrities. It's expected of young famous people to be supportive of BLM and LGBT rights. With that expectation comes scrutiny over the sincerity of support because it comes at little professional cost. The answer to "Who does it hurt?" is "Not Taylor". [/quote]

RaelleCollar
Reactions: 8

Post by RaelleCollar »

Comparing Taylor, a D-list celebrity (with almost zero influence) with million and billion dollar corporations is quite a take.

Also you are absolutely dead wrong if you think being vocal about issues can't hurt your career as a small time actor. Yes as a white, straight woman Taylor will face less lowkey blacklisting than POC or LGBT actors, but Hollywood wants people who just shut up and smile and not talk about issues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:37
RaelleCollar wrote:
Guest wrote:
Who was praising her? The conversation was originally about the criticism she was getting for caring too much.
The joke is that people who probably say Taylor "cares too much" are the people who love queerbait like Rizzles. it's always that type. The ones who stan actresses who wouldn't play gay if their life depended on it.
If believing that makes you feel better. I, for one, don't even know what or who a Rizzles is. And the only ones saying she "cares too much" are those strawmaning the opposing opinion.

Your arguments boil down to "who does it hurt" "back in my day..." but, it's not your day anymore. In this day, gay marriage is legal in many parts of the world. Corporations openly support LGBT. and BLM. Influencers pose at BLM protests for the gram. Paparazzi show up at BLM protests to take pics of celebrities. It's expected of young famous people to be supportive of BLM and LGBT rights. With that expectation comes scrutiny over the sincerity of support because it comes at little professional cost. The answer to "Who does it hurt?" is "Not Taylor".
[/quote]
DA - You have to be cynical sometimes because corporations want our LGBT money that's why they do it, it's performative allyship. Similar to woke celebs pandering to the alphabet soup and their followers. In this instance posting to their LESBIAN followers that they feel their LESBIAN character may identify as non-binary because they probably read about it on tumblr and think they can speak for the whole LGBT community now. You know who dumb posts like that hurt, LESBIAN rep on TV that's who.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 23:51
Guest wrote:
RaelleCollar wrote:

Your arguments boil down to "who does it hurt" "back in my day..." but, it's not your day anymore. In this day, gay marriage is legal in many parts of the world. Corporations openly support LGBT. and BLM. Influencers pose at BLM protests for the gram. Paparazzi show up at BLM protests to take pics of celebrities. It's expected of young famous people to be supportive of BLM and LGBT rights. With that expectation comes scrutiny over the sincerity of support because it comes at little professional cost. The answer to "Who does it hurt?" is "Not Taylor".
DA - You have to be cynical sometimes because corporations want our LGBT money that's why they do it, it's performative allyship. Similar to woke celebs pandering to the alphabet soup and their followers. In this instance posting to their LESBIAN followers that they feel their LESBIAN character may identify as non-binary because they probably read about it on tumblr and think they can speak for the whole LGBT community now. You know who dumb posts like that hurt, LESBIAN rep on TV that's who.
[/quote]

Very true. Straight try hard straight celebs think all LGBT people are the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
RaelleCollar wrote:
Guest wrote:

Funny, how Taylor hasn't done any of the things you just accused her of (not a corporation, not an influencer who just posed for 2min for pretty pics at a protest, no paparazzi, still supports LGBTQ rights and it's not even fake). :nails: She could've stayed silent. Or done the bare minimum like one or two posts with a hashtag... but nope she gets attacked for doing a lot more.

So who's strawmaning now? Look in the mirror.

Never-mind, that it's a good thing being expected not to be a racist, a fascist or anti-LGBTQ (yes, all of the letters 008).

All your outrage... over nothing.

In the meantime you could've spent your time to educate racists or protest for civil rights or support a CSD/pride or volunteered.
But, nah... let's bash someone who does at least a little bit to make the world better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't care about Taylor one way or the other.

Are we to assume that Scylla has been involved with other girls before Raelle. I mean what was she planning on doing to carry out evil Willa's plans?

RaelleCollar
Reactions: 8

Post by RaelleCollar »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:10
Are we to assume that Scylla has been involved with other girls before Raelle. I mean what was she planning on doing to carry out evil Willa's plans?
I'm sure she's been with other girls before. There's no hang ups about sex and sexuality in the witch world and Scylla doesn't seem like the type of person who'd care what other people thought regardless.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RaelleCollar wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:12
Guest wrote:
I'm sure she's been with other girls before. There's no hang ups about sex and sexuality in the witch world and Scylla doesn't seem like the type of person who'd care what other people thought regardless.
DA, I agree. She just knew what she wanted and she went for it. Seems like something she’s used to doing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:03
Guest wrote:
RaelleCollar wrote:

Funny, how Taylor hasn't done any of the things you just accused her of (not a corporation, not an influencer who just posed for 2min for pretty pics at a protest, no paparazzi, still supports LGBTQ rights and it's not even fake). :nails: She could've stayed silent. Or done the bare minimum like one or two posts with a hashtag... but nope she gets attacked for doing a lot more.

Never-mind, that it's a good thing being expected not to be a racist, a fascist or anti-LGBTQ (yes, all of the letters 008).

In the meantime you could've spent your time to educate racists or protest for civil rights or support a CSD/pride or volunteered.
But, nah... let's bash someone who does at least a little bit to make the world better.
...Did you not get that those things were brought up to illustrate the social climate of today not that Taylor personally did those things? You don't have the range for this convo.

The only "outrage" in here is stans crying over "trolls" thinking she's even slightly performative.

You should ask yourself why activist celebs/influencers/famewhores haven't shown support for Hong Kong or Taiwan's independence or brought up the genocide of Uighur muslims in China. Hint the answer to "Who does it hurt?" is "Their career and bank account".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can you not all just agree to disagree?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:37
Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:03
Guest wrote:

...Did you not get that those things were brought up to illustrate the social climate of today not that Taylor personally did those things? You don't have the range for this convo.

The only "outrage" in here is stans crying over "trolls" thinking she's even slightly performative.

You should ask yourself why activist celebs/influencers/famewhores haven't shown support for Hong Kong or Taiwan's independence or brought up the genocide of Uighur muslims in China. Hint the answer to "Who does it hurt?" is "Their career and bank account".

This is the MFS thread.
If you want to have a convo about the broad social climate or other political topics unrelated to the show make your own thread. There you can talk at length how much you hate certain people, waste everyone's time and not change anything.

And no one here brought the activism up until the :bigcry: and :argh: berthas did to complain and bash the actress about it non-stop.

And great of you to mention the Uighurs... Tarim, anyone? Somehow no one cared enough to put in a question about that for the SDCC panel. Not even you. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've noticed in the UK this is just called Fort Salem. They've dropped the Motherland part. I wonder why?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Give it a rest, the lot of you. Take your tedious political arguments elsewhere. I'd rather even talk about Abigail or what other girl Raelle will fuck next season than this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 01:21
I've noticed in the UK this is just called Fort Salem. They've dropped the Motherland part. I wonder why?
because of another show with the same name

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of which is the character Amalia plays in that show she just wrapped gay or just... European? Cause the promo/BTS material screamed gay to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:22
RaelleCollar wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA, I agree. She just knew what she wanted and she went for it. Seems like something she’s used to doing
I do wonder what instruction Willa gave her in regards to Raelle.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 09:54
Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 00:22
RaelleCollar wrote:

I do wonder what instruction Willa gave her in regards to Raelle.
I mean the Spree were never happy with the fact they were sleeping together in the first place judging by the fact the balloon was already mad at Scylla by the second episode so I doubt Willa sent out Scylla to do anything beyond befriending her and earning her trust.

Xena
Reactions: 9

Post by Xena »

:bigcry:
Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 09:43
Speaking of which is the character Amalia plays in that show she just wrapped gay or just... European? Cause the promo/BTS material screamed gay to me.
What show are you talking about?
New show ? The one she just filmed ? Delete me ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

...what am I reading?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 10:48
...what am I reading?
X2 WTF this thread :fool:

Anneb
Reactions: 9

Post by Anneb »

We don't know this people, we don't know what they like or how they feel. I think we must just learn to stop judging people and there lives. Humans suck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So do we think Raelle will get a new love interest next season and how long they will keep her around for?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Xena wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 10:32
:bigcry:
Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 09:43
What show are you talking about?
New show ? The one she just filmed ? Delete me ?
Yes. I will probably watch it either way I mean I watched the most awful “horror” movie to see Taylor’s character kissing a woman for 5 seconds. Can’t be any worse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 11:54
So do we think Raelle will get a new love interest next season and how long they will keep her around for?
"WE" don't think that.

Some might.

But Raelle is about to get a bit busy with the aftermath of the witchbomb, the military wanting that power and understanding it, her Army - Spree (mom) - Scylla triangle (an 'explosive' re-union according to Eliot), war college, war with the Camarilla if you want to cram that into 10 epsiodes (or however many episodes MFS got for S2) there's not much time left to do that.
There might however be pressure for Raelle to do that and abandon her love for Scylla. (see SDCC panel 30:00min)

Consider that there's a lot more characters and they have stories as well (Tally and Biddies and Alder, the Spree, the Camarilla, Abigail and her rebellion against her mom and disillusion w the Army). If anyone gets new LIs it's Abigail and Tally as part of their journey. It makes little sense for Raylla.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 11:54
Personally, I hope she won't.
If she does, I hope it doesn't take too much screen time. I'd prefer a bit more focus on plot and actions rather than on romantic/sexual relationships. But that's just my take. Scylla/Raelle is central to the plot so of course that's different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know I’m going to regret this, but where did this NB Raelle shit stuff come from? And why are these anons so fixated on it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:04
I know I’m going to regret this, but where did this NB Raelle shit stuff come from? And why are these anons so fixated on it?
Raelle....real actual girl not any NB shit.

Anyway, worse piece of uniform the boob crushing ill-fitted regular tops or the baggy calf high dress pants. They both hurt my eyes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Basically TH was validating a NB fan for their headcanon on twitter. Fair enough.
That got the anons tits (if they have any - debatable) twisted. They are drama whores with hate boners.
They dig it up every chance they get, because they just love to stir shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Go away man thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:17
Go away man thing.
Love that we got two lesbian confirmations in one episode!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:15
Guest wrote:
Basically TH was validating a NB fan for their headcanon on twitter. Fair enough.
That got the anons tits (if they have any - debatable) twisted. They are drama whores with hate boners.
yeah yeah yeah we get it everyone who doesn't lick her ass and has an issue with her allowing lesbian rep to be turned into this NB crap which can't be lesbians because they don't identify as women are trolls with hate boners and blah blah are right-wing trump supporters with no boobs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
yeah yeah yeah we get it everyone who doesn't lick her ass and has an issue with her allowing lesbian rep to be turned into this NB crap which can't be lesbians because they don't identify as women are trolls with hate boners and blah blah are right-wing trump supporters with no boobs
Yes. :yawn: Thank you, for proving the points made about the hate trolls so eloquently.

OP, it's the only place (due to anonymity) they have left, almost no one else is tolerating it anymore. Wish this thread would move into the members-only area.

Anyway, everyone have a nice day. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 15:23
Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 14:45
Guest wrote:

Yes. :yawn: Thank you, for proving the points made about the hate trolls so eloquently.

OP, it's the only place (due to anonymity) they have left, almost no one else is tolerating it anymore. Wish this thread would move into the members-only area.

Anyway, everyone have a nice day. :nails:
I am sorry but it's not nice for either of you to be so rude to each other. The name calling is tedious. People should be entitled to different opinions. We need to respect each other more.

Also, poor OP just asked about the NB stuff and didn't even get an answer just this argument. Please you stop being horrid to each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Stop bringing this here please

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

da hell is wrong with this thread? I came in for some spoiler sh*t :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 18:23
Oh. Thanks. Well....hopefully she has little to no pull in the writers room.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 18:32
da hell is wrong with this thread? I came in for some spoiler sh*t :rageblush:
:hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 18:25
Are you a moderator? If not, then you cannot shut down genuine discussions. Anon asked what TH said so rather than paraphrase and get things wrong, the tweet was posted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 18:52
Guest wrote:
Are you a moderator? If not, then you cannot shut down genuine discussions. Anon asked what TH said so rather than paraphrase and get things wrong, the tweet was posted.
My bad then. I hadn't seen the request, just saw the post and thought it was brought to provoke reactions. Now I know it wasn't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 20:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
My bad then. I hadn't seen the request, just saw the post and thought it was brought to provoke reactions. Now I know it wasn't.
I mean its fair to show the source rather than have someone put their own spin on it. Anyway, could be worse, look at the state of that Atypical actress and her views on NB shit. TH knows shit about lesbians or NB's for real, she just nods and agrees with whatever thing she's last read. If that's twitter kids or whatever things she was reading from on the live-stream. But since Elliot is writing we don't need to worry about her views, she should concentrate on the acting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 08:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean its fair to show the source rather than have someone put their own spin on it. Anyway, could be worse, look at the state of that Atypical actress and her views on NB shit. TH knows shit about lesbians or NB's for real, she just nods and agrees with whatever thing she's last read. If that's twitter kids or whatever things she was reading from on the live-stream. But since Elliot is writing we don't need to worry about her views, she should concentrate on the acting.
I agree. Same for Atypical. I don't care about what the actress believes or says, as long as that stuff doesn't make it into the show!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loved the lighting in this scene. I'm a fan of the bright over saturation we get during day scenes at Fort Salem. It gives it a very specific look and it contrasts nicely with the colour pallet we see in later scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mamacostia

I think even Demetria called her that on the SDCC panel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 09:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I agree. Same for Atypical. I don't care about what the actress believes or says, as long as that stuff doesn't make it into the show!
DA, but I have been hoping and wishing that the Atypical writers do NOT listen to B. Just as I hope that Eliot doesn’t see that tweet/listen to Taylor.

Tina's Chicken Neck
Reactions:

Post by Tina's Chicken Neck »

Guest wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA, but I have been hoping and wishing that the Atypical writers do NOT listen to B. Just as I hope that Eliot doesn’t see that tweet/listen to Taylor.
I would not watch this show if they made Raelle an NB, it would put me right off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tina's Chicken Neck wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I would not watch this show if they made Raelle an NB, it would put me right off.
I dont know how they would justify this, the whole premise of the show is about an army of witches. If she is NB then in her own view she is not technically a witch. If they want to go ultra woke they should add a side character not involved in the army.

Tina's Chicken Neck
Reactions:

Post by Tina's Chicken Neck »

Guest wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 14:38
Tina's Chicken Neck wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:42
Guest wrote:

I dont know how they would justify this, the whole premise of the show is about an army of witches. If she is NB then in her own view she is not technically a witch. If they want to go ultra woke they should add a side character not involved in the army.
I don't care any mention of trans or NB then the show is dead to me. That stuff would make no sense on this show. I cancelled Netflix when I saw them post that hideous clip from the Babysitters Club. What a horrible message Raelle becoming an NB would send to young viewers, oh you don't like pink girly things - well then you are not a girl - you are a non-girl. Awful.