21 Sep 2021, 00:20
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 22:14
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 20:47

x2
You can just do mind experimen. Imagine Ashley as Scylla, she would than have minimal screentime but Scylla's arc. Do you think Scylla would be than as popular as she now is? Because I don't think so
I agree with this. All you need to do is go watch 2x04 when Ashley is in the bed, she did not deliver the emotion needed in that scene. She didn't in the scenes with her family later either. None of the cast could pull off what Taylor and Amelia did and make the characters likeable. Raelle in s1 was selfish, suicidal, and a hot head, but oh did I love her. She is none of those things now.
Omg that 204 hospital scene was TERRIBLE. I can’t believe they kept it in the show…
DA In the pilot script that got released it referred to Abigail as an “alpha” and I think a big problem with the character is it’s just not authentic or believable. This “time to hunt” line is a prime example of how OTT and almost comical it comes off. There’s no natural swag to the performance. It’s too on the nose.
in other words - Ashley can't act.

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 20:47

x2
You can just do mind experimen. Imagine Ashley as Scylla, she would than have minimal screentime but Scylla's arc. Do you think Scylla would be than as popular as she now is? Because I don't think so
I agree with this. All you need to do is go watch 2x04 when Ashley is in the bed, she did not deliver the emotion needed in that scene. She didn't in the scenes with her family later either. None of the cast could pull off what Taylor and Amelia did and make the characters likeable. Raelle in s1 was selfish, suicidal, and a hot head, but oh did I love her. She is none of those things now.
Omg that 204 hospital scene was TERRIBLE. I can’t believe they kept it in the show…
DA In the pilot script that got released it referred to Abigail as an “alpha” and I think a big problem with the character is it’s just not authentic or believable. This “time to hunt” line is a prime example of how OTT and almost comical it comes off. There’s no natural swag to the performance. It’s too on the nose.
I enjoyed Abigail in S1. She did not have lines like time to hunt or bath in their blood as she was just a kid trying to live up to her parents expectations. I did not enjoy S2 Abigail and yes, sometimes it was so bad that it almost made me LOL. I really just thought the writers were stupid though. Her threat against Scylla was really OTT. It was comical in 2x08 when she talked about beating the camarilla and all I could think is what must Scylla be thinking? For the show to succeed, they really need to write Abigail better, let Ashley do what she can do well. She fights well, and she can be humorous, so they should let that be her most of the time. For the show to succeed, they cannot have a main character written so badly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Y’all are killing me :rofl: I forgot about that “time to hunt” line. And it reminded me “raelle? They’ve got Raelle?” And now I’m laughing again :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I recently binged both seasons and I was wondering about the way Scylla speaks.

Is Amalia's American accent bad (no offense, I love her to bits) or did they just tell her to go for it and speak the way she would normally speak English?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I enjoyed Abigail in S1. She did not have lines like time to hunt or bath in their blood as she was just a kid trying to live up to her parents expectations. I did not enjoy S2 Abigail and yes, sometimes it was so bad that it almost made me LOL. I really just thought the writers were stupid though. Her threat against Scylla was really OTT. It was comical in 2x08 when she talked about beating the camarilla and all I could think is what must Scylla be thinking? For the show to succeed, they really need to write Abigail better, let Ashley do what she can do well. She fights well, and she can be humorous, so they should let that be her most of the time. For the show to succeed, they cannot have a main character written so badly.
Good writing won’t turn her into a decent actress.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:07

Is Amalia's American accent bad (no offense, I love her to bits) or did they just tell her to go for it and speak the way she would normally speak English?
no clue what they told her but I remember she replied to an Instagram comment once asking her about it with a winky face emoji or something (I forget)

but I dont think its bad, it does slip from time to time but i never notice anything crazy. unlike Jessica's accent in the infirmary scene in s2. her accent completely took me out of the show there. always wonder why they didn't redo it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:47
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 13:09
Also, Jess mentioned that Tally might continue to fly solo in s3 aka not have a romantic relationship
:fingcross: :fingcross: :fingcross:

I really hope so. It'd be so refreshing to have a (straight) female character not needing to have a significant other or to be in a relationship.
This I agree completely.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:38
Guest wrote:

no clue what they told her but I remember she replied to an Instagram comment once asking her about it with a winky face emoji or something (I forget)

but I dont think its bad, it does slip from time to time but i never notice anything crazy. unlike Jessica's accent in the infirmary scene in s2. her accent completely took me out of the show there. always wonder why they didn't redo it
Jessica’s and Lyne’s accents are very noticeable to me. I personally find nothing wrong with it especially with Scylla’s because with her being a dodger there is the excuse that she was constantly moving around and never really settled so an accent is expected. Lyne’s accent is usually pretty consistent but I agree that Jess’ slips are more jarring cause Tally is supposed to be the typical american girl next door.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I´ve try hard to like AB but yeah definitely the actor is the problem. And the cliffhanger with what dr death said about heaven and earth avoid their union or something of the sort, I do hope elliot doesn´t make it the main plot of the 3rd season. Maybe AB and Adil can shimmy into nothingness to keep safe and maybe appear back again in ep 311, o wait there is no 11. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:47
I´ve try hard to like AB but yeah definitely the actor is the problem. And the cliffhanger with what dr death said about heaven and earth avoid their union or something of the sort, I do hope elliot doesn´t make it the main plot of the 3rd season. Maybe AB and Adil can shimmy into nothingness to keep safe and maybe appear back again in ep 311, o wait there is no 11. :P
The worst thing that could’ve happened to Abigail was to make her storyline about a man - especially one with just as much charisma and acting skills as Ashley. They’re fucking insufferable together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:57
guest wrote:
The worst thing that could’ve happened to Abigail was to make her storyline about a man - especially one with just as much charisma and acting skills as Ashley. They’re fucking insufferable together.
Da, but I completely agree. They wrote her into a (boring) box, and now they have no way of getting her out of it. So either they kill him off right away, or they are stuck with two boring characters together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:57
guest wrote:
this, so fucking much! and i don't even like Abigale/Ashley but her story line was also quite bad in s2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:20
The things they made her say :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I saw that people have also some problems with Amalia‘s lines like „like ever“ but they say she still made it work. So good actress makes it works somehow anyway.

About Abigail if they put her in the box with only „fight and humorous“ scenes than it means no big story like it was in 1A, not be centric of the show and in her case no development as a character

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 05:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I saw that people have also some problems with Amalia‘s lines like „like ever“ but they say she still made it work. So good actress makes it works somehow anyway.

About Abigail if they put her in the box with only „fight and humorous“ scenes than it means no big story like it was in 1A, not be centric of the show and in her case no development as a character
When they posted this scene Alder being groot on Twitter, I was not only laughing about Alder but also acting. Because you can see their faces so close.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Jessica’s and Lyne’s accents are very noticeable to me. I personally find nothing wrong with it especially with Scylla’s because with her being a dodger there is the excuse that she was constantly moving around and never really settled so an accent is expected. Lyne’s accent is usually pretty consistent but I agree that Jess’ slips are more jarring cause Tally is supposed to be the typical american girl next door.
I think in Amalia's case the thing is that she lives in Sweden and most of the time she doesn't speak Englisch. After Motherland she was also filming Delete Me, she probably spoke a lot of Norwegian and languages need practice. So probably that why her accent was more noticeable in Motherland season 2, especially at the beginning, just not enough practice in Englisch between season 1 and season 2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 04:35
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 01:20
The things they made her say :nervous:
:lol: I don‘t know should I be scared about this interview or excited

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 06:27
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 02:44
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think in Amalia's case the thing is that she lives in Sweden and most of the time she doesn't speak Englisch. After Motherland she was also filming Delete Me, she probably spoke a lot of Norwegian and languages need practice. So probably that why her accent was more noticeable in Motherland season 2, especially at the beginning, just not enough practice in Englisch between season 1 and season 2
Yeah she's mentioned how when she's filming she needs to not talk to anyone from home to not mess up her accent. I think her American accent is really good to the point where I would have thought she was American had I not know she was Swedish. It's funny though, in Delete Me there are parts where she speaks a phrase in English and does it in a completely different accent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't enjoy her in season 1 but I didn't dislike her either, I just didn't care about her. I don't really liked or rewatched any of her scenes out of the unit from season 1. Abigail's screentime and story was minimal in 1A, can't say that in 1B the plot was that much concentrated on her too, just more than in 1A. She had some plot in season 1, I don't say she didn't. But her plot was a lot about Raelle. Like if you now watch season 1 it's obvious that Raelle was centric, everything was around her, Abigail and Tally had really minimal scenes for themselves tho. A lot of Abigail's scenes was even about Raelle, for example when she talked about Raelle with Alder in episode 1 or when Abigail&Tally saved Raelle in episode 6 or when Raelle heals Khalida. Abigail's story last season involved much of Raelle and in most cases Raelle still was centric. But in season 2 everything changed. Abigail got really her own story this time where she is more centric and Raelle is this time more in the background. They changed roles and ye here we are

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't enjoy her in season 1 but I didn't dislike her either, I just didn't care about her. I don't really liked or rewatched any of her scenes out of the unit from season 1. Abigail's screentime and story was minimal in 1A, can't say that in 1B the plot was that much concentrated on her too, just more than in 1A. She had some plot in season 1, I don't say she didn't. But her plot was a lot about Raelle. Like if you now watch season 1 it's obvious that Raelle was centric, everything was around her, Abigail and Tally had really minimal scenes for themselves tho. A lot of Abigail's scenes was even about Raelle, for example when she talked about Raelle with Alder in episode 1 or when Abigail&Tally saved Raelle in episode 6 or when Raelle heals Khalida. Abigail's story last season involved much of Raelle and in most cases Raelle still was centric. But in season 2 everything changed. Abigail got really her own story this time where she is more centric and Raelle is this time more in the background. They changed roles and ye here we are
add

It's actually not that OTT. Abigail doesn't know that Scylla fighted Camarilla, she doesn't know about Quarterhorn. But she knows that she and Adil destroyed the whole building filled up with Camarilla and she truly believes that no one would be that succeed because Army/Alder did nothing against Camarilla this whole time. That what she said fits also with her character and with her family status in the Army.

If you are the same anon who wish her to get a good arc on her own where she can develop as a characte. Than I'm curious how do you imagine development with only fight and sarcastic/humorous scenes? Because it would be weird in my opinion. If the character just fight and says sarcastic lines most of the time without much dramatic scenes and than suddenly develop as a character

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 08:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

add

It's actually not that OTT. Abigail doesn't know that Scylla fighted Camarilla, she doesn't know about Quarterhorn. But she knows that she and Adil destroyed the whole building filled up with Camarilla and she truly believes that no one would be that succeed because Army/Alder did nothing against Camarilla this whole time. That what she said fits also with her character and with her family status in the Army.

If you are the same anon who wish her to get a good arc on her own where she can develop as a characte. Than I'm curious how do you imagine development with only fight and sarcastic/humorous scenes? Because it would be weird in my opinion. If the character just fight and says sarcastic lines most of the time without much dramatic scenes and than suddenly develop as a character
Not the same annon. I do not care about Abigail's individual development at this point. I would like her character to be enjoyable again. Her being unenjoyable hurts the show.
OTT equals over the top for me, sorry, not that it was out of character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And the reality is that the actress is not capable of being the lead in the show. Making Abigail and Adil a center of a show is like making seppuku to your own show. Unfortunately. I wish the story was different but the reality is that those two actors cannot deliver emotional scenes (although I do like scenes with Khalida's actress because in those Adil's actor is capable of actually showing some emotions). So I really hope they won't make the same mistake twice and season 3 will not be so heavily Abigail centered becasue Ashley out of the three is simply the least talented acting-wise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 10:01
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 08:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

add

Not the same annon. I do not care about Abigail's individual development at this point. I would like her character to be enjoyable again. Her being unenjoyable hurts the show.
OTT equals over the top for me, sorry, not that it was out of character.
If they will make it like it was in 1A I wouldn't mind it at all. I liked season 1.

Other anon was just talking about meaty arc with development and minimal screentime like Scylla had. I'm sorry but with fight and humorous scenes you never will reach it, it's no how it works. Scylla had barely fight scenes, she had a lot of emotions, where she should deliver her lines and use mini expresions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

[quote=Guest post_id=3807205 time=1632157888]
In any case, I hope the show takes a break from Tally in S3, I liked her arc and growth but sometimes it was too much of her. [b]The show needs to focus on Raelle again, that's when it was at its best.[/b] And even if I don't like Abigail I think it would be fair to give her some interesting stuff, sadly she is stuck with bland Adull
[/quote]
X1848473935

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:11
In any case, I hope the show takes a break from Tally in S3, I liked her arc and growth but sometimes it was too much of her. The show needs to focus on Raelle again, that's when it was at its best. And even if I don't like Abigail I think it would be fair to give her some interesting stuff, sadly she is stuck with bland Adull
X1848473935

*Fixed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 12:16
Guest wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 17:11
In any case, I hope the show takes a break from Tally in S3, I liked her arc and growth but sometimes it was too much of her. The show needs to focus on Raelle again, that's when it was at its best. And even if I don't like Abigail I think it would be fair to give her some interesting stuff, sadly she is stuck with bland Adull
X1848473935

*Fixed
x1000
Definitely Raelle

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I don’t find Amalias accent bad. It plays to the mystery of her Character and only noticiable on certain words. However I always notice Jessica accent come through her English. Also, they stopped having Raelle put a southern accent on things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:40
Guest wrote:

I don’t find Amalias accent bad. It plays to the mystery of her Character and only noticiable on certain words. However I always notice Jessica accent come through her English. Also, they stopped having Raelle put a southern accent on things.
Did Raelle ever have a Southern accent? I mean her speaking voice is very different from season one to season two but I don't think its accent related.

I can tell Amalia's isn't a native English speaker and is probably from somewhere in Europe but her accent is fine. Its not on the level of Alba Baptista but thats pretty rare.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Did Raelle ever have a Southern accent? I mean her speaking voice is very different from season one to season two but I don't think its accent related.

I can tell Amalia's isn't a native English speaker and is probably from somewhere in Europe but her accent is fine. Its not on the level of Alba Baptista but thats pretty rare.
DA I don't think she had an accent at all in S1, except for when she said "My momma taught me how." but I think she did an accent on purpose in that scene because she wanted to prank the doctor/nurse lady a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Can you imagine knowing 4 languages i can barely keep up with one lol, but I do see her struggle in some interviews, but I think it had to do with the wording or americanism that it takes a while for her to translate and be able to answer quickly. Also when she speaks swede her timbre is different than when she speaks english, haven't heard her speak german tho. Luv her accents and all :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 17:03
Cool stuff and info about the magic. cute animation. On paper is good, bad thing is that it doesn't look appealing lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 15:56
super :love:

beautiful art, too!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I don't think she had an accent at all in S1, except for when she said "My momma taught me how." but I think she did an accent on purpose in that scene because she wanted to prank the doctor/nurse lady a bit.
Yeah I can't recall her ever having any type of southern accent but in the pilot or an early episode didn't she mention having a "cession drawl" or something? Can you imagine if they had her talk like Shelby from the wilds

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

their eyes! :faint:

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 19:44
Is that child labor they're using? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 20:00
their eyes! :faint:

If only they could make babies together imagine their children eye colors :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 15:56
:wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 23:32
Who the fuck is out there voting for Adull

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People who call you racist if you don't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:43
People who call you racist if you don't.
Oh I forgot about the woke police in this fandom. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So far, Scylla is beating Tally, Willa is beating Adull, Raelle beating Nicte and Anacostia beating Abigail lmao. Vote if you haven't!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 05:47
So far, Scylla is beating Tally, Willa is beating Adull, Raelle beating Nicte and Anacostia beating Abigail lmao. Vote if you haven't!
They're all winning by a landslide lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:48
Am I bad for not knowing what the picture is? :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 15:31