Motherland: Fort Salem

Reactions:

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:41
The BellCreeps are having a ball :dance2:
It’s interesting how usually crackships are somewhat popular and cause a bit of a stir within fandom, but this one never took off. It’s probably the least popular crackship of any show fandom in recent memory. But it’s easy to understand why it’s not popular. Abigail is straighter than an arrow. She is boy crazy and even Ashley refers to her as a “man eater” sexually. Abigail didn’t even realize that a woman doesn’t require sex with a man to lose her virginity. The constant referral to each other as “sisters” is probably the kiss of death for most sane potential shippers. Add in the whole Adigail pregnancy prophecy and yeah it’s understandable why that crackship never became popular beyond a cringe few.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah they are a very small part of the fandom (I'd argue that Talder has more followers), if you don't pay attention to them, they only exist in their own void of delusions. Actually, it's fun seeing them lose it every time we have Raylla content :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 18:27
Guest wrote:
It’s interesting how usually crackships are somewhat popular and cause a bit of a stir within fandom, but this one never took off. It’s probably the least popular crackship of any show fandom in recent memory. But it’s easy to understand why it’s not popular. Abigail is straighter than an arrow. She is boy crazy and even Ashley refers to her as a “man eater” sexually. Abigail didn’t even realize that a woman doesn’t require sex with a man to lose her virginity.
In BellCreep logic, it's called comphet :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 18:48
Yeah they are a very small part of the fandom (I'd argue that Talder has more followers), if you don't pay attention to them, they only exist in their own void of delusions. Actually, it's fun seeing them lose it every time we have Raylla content :lol:
they are definitely far away from big popularity, but they are so loud and noisy lol Talder is definitely more popular but also I noticed some Talders prefer bellcollar too. I actually also think that one of the reasons among all others like sisterhood is why because they ship characters who are in canon w/w relationships with amazing chemistry. Like c mon who in their mind is going to prefer this crackship over Raylla

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 18:27
Guest wrote:
It’s interesting how usually crackships are somewhat popular and cause a bit of a stir within fandom, but this one never took off. It’s probably the least popular crackship of any show fandom in recent memory. But it’s easy to understand why it’s not popular. Abigail is straighter than an arrow. She is boy crazy and even Ashley refers to her as a “man eater” sexually. Abigail didn’t even realize that a woman doesn’t require sex with a man to lose her virginity.
In BellCreep logic, it's called comphet :nervous:
Lol Abigail could have any woman she wants, she is a privileged in the Motherland world, but she is boy crazy because she is a hetero. The bellcollars try so hard :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honest thought, how can a fan say that is a Scylla fan then ship Raelle with someone that is not her? :hmmm: This Javier dumbo doesn't like Scylla so whatever with this person's creepy takes. Scylla haters, I clould understand why they'd want Raelle with another character (a lot of Talders don't like Scylla) but those who say that Scylla is their fave, then why would they want to see the love of her life with somebody else? :nervous: I know it's fiction and you can't take everything seriously or at heart (with canon LGBT rep sometimes is hard not to, though), but I think If you really love a character, you'll want to see her and read about her, and see fanart about her with the one she loves and experience a fulfilling journey for her on screen. Otherwise, what does it even mean to be a fan? lol. With everything we know about Scylla’s journey, loss, pain, and how much she loves Raelle, imagine wanting Raelle with a hetero character lol, makes no sense to me. Anyway, I'm so glad this show never tried love triangles.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have also feelings that one of the issues is that some people in our fandom are bad educated, can't use google or just want to act dumb. Some of the arguments I saw during season 2 is that there is no hets. Because witches are open in term of sex and that it was said in interviews that there is heteronormativity. That is not what heteronormativity means, it doesn't mean that there is no hets in their world. if you don't know the meaning than don't be lazy and google it before you use the word. Otherwise you and your arguments will look stupid/ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 21:09
I have also feelings that one of the issues is that some people in our fandom are bad educated, can't use google or just want to act dumb. Some of the arguments I saw during season 2 is that there is no hets. Because witches are open in term of sex and that it was said in interviews that there is heteronormativity. That is not what heteronormativity means, it doesn't mean that there is no hets in their world. if you don't know the meaning than don't be lazy and google it before you use the word. Otherwise you and your arguments will look stupid/ridiculous.
qmta

that there is no heteronormativity

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 20:49
Honest thought, how can a fan say that is a Scylla fan then ship Raelle with someone that is not her? :hmmm: This Javier dumbo doesn't like Scylla so whatever with this person's creepy takes. Scylla haters, I clould understand why they'd want Raelle with another character (a lot of Talders don't like Scylla) but those who say that Scylla is their fave, then why would they want to see the love of her life with somebody else? :nervous: I know it's fiction and you can't take everything seriously or at heart (with canon LGBT rep sometimes is hard not to, though), but I think If you really love a character, you'll want to see her and read about her, and see fanart about her with the one she loves and experience a fulfilling journey for her on screen. Otherwise, what does it even mean to be a fan? lol. With everything we know about Scylla’s journey, loss, pain, and how much she loves Raelle, imagine wanting Raelle with a hetero character lol, makes no sense to me. Anyway, I'm so glad this show never tried love triangles.
The one thing this show did right was to not push them with other people. Everything else has been a mess.

Also, it's hilarious to me that some Talder fans hate Scylla when they worship... Alder, of all people. Bellcreeps, you can just chalk it as them being Abigail fans and pretending she's not the poster child for heterosexuality on the show in addition to being literally the least popular character of an ensemble cast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 21:09
They try too hard. One thing is no heteronormativity, which means, heterosexuality is not forced on witches and another thing is that all of the characters are sexually fluid, which they aren't. And it's been made very clear: Raelle is a lesbian, Scylla is bi, Abigail is a hetero, Tally is hetero too until proven otherwise lol. It's all in their actions, and what they say, who they date and have sex with. But crackshippers force whatever validates their delusions. Just like they say all witches are polyamorous, giving it a romantic connotation, when the reality of the show is that the polyamorous aspect it's awfully linked to witches being imposed to be with different men through their life to have babies, not for love and romance poruses. Crackshippers don't even know what show are they watching

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I mean, even ashley agrees how "painfully straight" abigail is, but I guess delulus will delulu :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 23:43
I mean, even ashley agrees how "painfully straight" abigail is, but I guess delulus will delulu :nervous:
This would be hilarious without Ashley liking it, but her liking it just makes it that much more funnier.

Huiz
Reactions:

Post by Huiz »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 21:33
Guest wrote:
The one thing this show did right was to not push them with other people. Everything else has been a mess.

Also, it's hilarious to me that some Talder fans hate Scylla when they worship... Alder, of all people. Bellcreeps, you can just chalk it as them being Abigail fans and pretending she's not the :spy: poster child for heterosexuality on the show in addition to being literally the least popular character of an ensemble cast.
I think some Talder fans don't like Scylla because she is an example of Alder's mistakes in leadership, the example of wrongs in unfair system that she created. You know, the same system that has oppressed witches for decades, even centuries. It's strange, because good character doesn't equal good person. Why people try to justify and whitewash every deed of morally grey, complex characters (like Alder, Scylla) remains a mystery for me. Not like this is a fiction or smth :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
25 May 2022, 06:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also, it's hilarious to me that some Talder fans hate Scylla when they worship... Alder, of all people. Bellcreeps, you can just chalk it as them being Abigail fans and pretending she's not the :spy: poster child for heterosexuality on the show in addition to being literally the least popular character of an ensemble cast.
I think some Talder fans don't like Scylla because she is an example of Alder's mistakes in leadership, the example of wrongs in unfair system that she created. You know, the same system that has oppressed witches for decades, even centuries. It's strange, because good character doesn't equal good person. Why people try to justify and whitewash every deed of morally grey, complex characters (like Alder, Scylla) remains a mystery for me. Not like this is a fiction or smth :hmmm:
Yeah I've seen some talder fans and writers try to change the killings at Liberia so it's not Alder's fault or like she was somehow actually doing the right thing. Look, most of us have loved characters who've done shitty things and that's okay. I don't understand why you'd be so into such a layered character if you cannot cope with the fact that some of those layers involve dumpster fires.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean this show literally exists because Alder was a trash ass human being who directly influenced anything bad Scylla has ever done? They are literally going to war and started a revolution (which Alder opposed to) to try and correct her wrongs :fool:

Huiz
Reactions:

Post by Huiz »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 12:50
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean this show literally exists because Alder was a trash ass human being who directly influenced anything bad Scylla has ever done? They are literally going to war and started a revolution (which Alder opposed to) to try and correct her wrongs :fool:
Well, discourse "Army - good, Spree - bad" still exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. As mentioned above, some people justify Alder's actions and think Spree are the only bad guys among the witches. Unfortunately, for some viewers, your statement isn't obvious.

I'm sure there are other interesting reasons for the feud between Alder's and Scylla's fans, but I'm talking about the discussions I've seen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:00
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, discourse "Army - good, Spree - bad" still exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. As mentioned above, some people justify Alder's actions and think Spree are the only bad guys among the witches.
Yes, cause people who watch this show are actual morons. Just look at the discussions on reddit. They legit can't grasp basic storytelling. It's no wonder it didn't live past 30 epsiodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, discourse "Army - good, Spree - bad" still exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. As mentioned above, some people justify Alder's actions and think Spree are the only bad guys among the witches. Unfortunately, for some viewers, your statement isn't obvious.

I'm sure there are other interesting reasons for the feud between Alder's and Scylla's fans, but I'm talking about the discussions I've seen.
I honestly don't get how there can be a feud between fans of the characters. I mean Alder and Scylla are pretty much the same character only 400 years of questionable decisions between them. They're both idealists that do what they did because they thought it was the best way to protect their kin, morality taking shotgun as survival dictated which route to take. I find both characters fun and interesting because of how heavily flawed they are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:26
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, discourse "Army - good, Spree - bad" still exists ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. As mentioned above, some people justify Alder's actions and think Spree are the only bad guys among the witches.
Yes, cause people who watch this show are actual morons. Just look at the discussions on reddit. They legit can't grasp basic storytelling. It's no wonder it didn't live past 30 epsiodes.
Da
Yup, Reddit shows it all. A lot of people clearly don’t get the story. Why we wonder when some of the fans on Reddit didn’t even get why Willa didn’t show up in 2x06 Samhain, when it was already clear that she is alive. She was cliffhanger of season 1, how anyone could miss it. I have never seen dumber posts than some of Motherland’s on Reddit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:41
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:

Da
Yup, Reddit shows it all. A lot of people clearly don’t get the story. Why we wonder when some of the fans on Reddit didn’t even get why Willa didn’t show up in 2x06 Samhain, when it was already clear that she is alive. She was cliffhanger of season 1, how anyone could miss it. I have never seen dumber posts than some of Motherland’s on Reddit
qmta
Ah it was 2x05, I never rewatched season 2 :lol:

Huiz
Reactions:

Post by Huiz »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:31
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:

I honestly don't get how there can be a feud between fans of the characters. I mean Alder and Scylla are pretty much the same character only 400 years of questionable decisions between them. They're both idealists that do what they did because they thought it was the best way to protect their kin, morality taking shotgun as survival dictated which route to take. I find both characters fun and interesting because of how heavily flawed they are.
I also don't get it, I really enjoy both of their stories. But this feud exists, and I don't know what fans want to prove

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:49
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:

I also don't get it, I really enjoy both of their stories. But this feud exists, and I don't know what fans want to prove
DA
It’s okey to dislike character or story. Only because both characters are morally grey doesn’t mean that everyone has to enjoy them both. Everyone has their own taste and get attracted to the certain characters for their own reasons. But when fans not just don’t enjoy one of this characters but hate them and the reasons for this are the actions that this character did than it’s hypocritical. It’s not that your favourite has never done anything wrong in their life, but it’s ok because you like this character, but it’s not ok when you don’t like the character.

Huiz
Reactions:

Post by Huiz »

Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think the problem is also that the show itself doesn't really understand what it wants to be. On the one hand, writers want to tell a complicated story about complicated morally gray characters, about the imperfections of the system, human mistakes and choices, and on the other hand, they want to stay in the Army setting so badly that they just waste all their opportunities for a good story: how can they improve their society if they don't change its fundamental attitudes (watch them return to the Army in the second part of this season as if changing one general to another would shift or improve anything)

Huiz
Reactions:

Post by Huiz »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 17:04
Huiz wrote:
25 May 2022, 16:49
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
It’s okey to dislike character or story. Only because both characters are morally grey doesn’t mean that everyone has to enjoy them both. Everyone has their own taste and get attracted to the certain characters for their own reasons. But when fans not just don’t enjoy one of this characters but hate them and the reasons for this are the actions that this character did than it’s hypocritical. It’s not that your favourite has never done anything wrong in their life, but it’s ok because you like this character, but it’s not ok when you don’t like the character.

Of course, no one is obliged to love a character by default. This is exactly what I'm talking about: the situations when fans defend the questionable actions of their favorite character, and then shit on the same questionable actions of the other, considering their position a priori morally correct (like saying that Alder is not guilty of anything, and then accusing Scylla of all mortal sins, oh, come on, people!)

This is why this Alder VS Scylla feud is so strange!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I also think one of the reasons here is Raylla. Many Alder fans are Talder fans, and they might be bitter about the fact that Raylla is canon, we are getting canon content and Talder doesn’t. People can be very intense when it’s about their ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 17:34
I also think one of the reasons here is Raylla. Many Alder fans are Talder fans, and they might be bitter about the fact that Raylla is canon, we are getting canon content and Talder doesn’t. People can be very intense when it’s about their ship.
that's just really sad and pathetic. rayllas are definitely not to blame for this (it's not like rayllas - fans of a very canon ship - starved for content all season 2)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 17:34
Of course it is. They will always be bitter about it as if their imaginary ship not being canon would actually exist if Raylla wasn't in the picture :fool: (that was the case in the Supergirl fandom too) There is the reason why many of them ship BellCollar just out of spite too. Legit one of the biggest Scylla haters is a YouTube reactor who ships Raelle with Abigail. It's mindboggling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huiz wrote:
25 May 2022, 17:07
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Huiz wrote:

I think the problem is also that the show itself doesn't really understand what it wants to be. On the one hand, writers want to tell a complicated story about complicated morally gray characters, about the imperfections of the system, human mistakes and choices, and on the other hand, they want to stay in the Army setting so badly that they just waste all their opportunities for a good story: how can they improve their society if they don't change its fundamental attitudes (watch them return to the Army in the second part of this season as if changing one general to another would shift or improve anything)
DA This exactly. When a show spends most of its time telling the story with the army perspective, the majority of the audience is going to side with them. Then you have Scylla and Nicte from the Spree or even the dodgers (I don't even think the audience realices how the dodgers are the biggest victims of the whole system), they give their side of the story, told by them, but not shown really and it's just a small part of it all. It's more complicated for the audience to even try to understand it. Arcane is the best example of how to show both sides of the world that way you can understand everybody's actions, even if these are bad actions.

But I agree that it may be also because Raylla is canon and that bothers some people, it definitely bothers bellcreepos, they go crazy sharing their shity fanart everytime there is Raylla content (I'm sorry I sound petty but I'm gonna have so much fun with this :lol: ). Talders are way nicer tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2022, 23:43

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, guys, how do you think they rewrote Raelle's story, given Taylor's two-month absence from filming? Will Raelle be kidnapped again? Will she and Mycelium have to hide from Camarilla somewhere else? Maybe a coma? A long solo journey?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 07:01
So, guys, how do you think they rewrote Raelle's story, given Taylor's two-month absence from filming? Will Raelle be kidnapped again? Will she and Mycelium have to hide from Camarilla somewhere else? Maybe a coma? A long solo journey?
I'm imagining a long solo journey -or that's what I hope-, because kidnapping would be repetitive, also Amalia said that we'll see Raylla's relationship without the drama of having to save each other, so a coma or a type lf injury is probably not gonna happen. A solo journey or hiding with the mycelium sounds more possible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don’t think she will be kidnapped. We already have a synopsis of 3x02.

Based on the synopsis I think Raelle absence or her minimal screentime will have something to do with Mycelium. Maybe she will get sick or something. I don’t know where you can hide such a big Mushroom wall.I don’t think Mycelium is going to hide anywhere, at least I can’t imagine that.If she will be in coma than she can be in that Mushroom world as she was in 2x06, than her story can be about Mycelium, or with Alder, with Willa, or some ancient witches(since Mycelium is dead witches)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 08:08
Guest wrote:
I'm imagining a long solo journey -or that's what I hope-, because kidnapping would be repetitive, also Amalia said that we'll see Raylla's relationship without the drama of having to save each other, so a coma or a type lf injury is probably not gonna happen. A solo journey or hiding with the mycelium sounds more possible.
Oh I forgot that Amalia said that. I wonder
who are they going to torture in episode 7 than when Raylla is not a possibility in this case :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
We know they did rewrite some things, but I suspect they also made use of Nicte and Scylla's lighter magic so they wouldn't necessarily be without Raelle for some of the time Taylor was absent. There are supposedly some "extra" actors working this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 09:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
who are they going to torture in episode 7 than when Raylla is not a possibility in this case :lol:
If I remember correctly, Amalia said that at the very beginning of shoothing s3 and way before rewrithing the season because of Taylor. So I don't think it's apply anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t think we can really say what they did with Raylla and Raelle while Taylor couldn’t shoot. We don’t have much hints right now as only that it will probably something to do with Mycelium. I think we might get bigger picture of the situation after we will see the trailer and couple of interviews with the cast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello, guys. Do you know any good raylla fanfics? I've been trying to find one, but without sucess...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 12:42
Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 09:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
If I remember correctly, Amalia said that at the very beginning of shoothing s3 and way before rewrithing the season because of Taylor. So I don't think it's apply anymore.
She said that at Clexacon. A fan shared the videos here a few pages back

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 May 2022, 15:48
Hello, guys. Do you know any good raylla fanfics? I've been trying to find one, but without sucess...
After the second season, it becomes more and more difficult to find good fic about Raylla. Respect to all those who are still trying to write smth. I don't know if it will be interesting to you, but here is a list of my personal recommendations (AO3):
  • fab_fan's early works about Raylla's domestic life after war. I find their series "Drunk Words - Sober Thoughts" very sweet and thoughtful
  • Trufreak89, in my opinion, is also a good author (I am especially looking forward to the continuation of their latest work "This Wild Heart"). They mostly write AU fics
  • All night long by jaybear1701 (Detective!Raelle / Medical examiner!Scylla)
  • A big black car by Gates 24 (Military / Mercenary AU) (although it hasn't been updated for so long that I've lost all hope)
But everyone has different opinions, so this is not a universal answer. What do you consider a good fan fiction? What are the criteria? It's hard to tell, but I tnink that this fandom has a lot of talented authors

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The majority of my fav fics are unfinished :dramaqueen:

Harry Potter AU by smanning

Delete Me AU by clexa4lyfe

Modern AU . This fic is by vuvalinis who, imo, is an amazing writer. where the love light gleams is one of my favs.

Serial Killer AU by not_here_leave_a_message and bonus this one is finished.

Some finished favs

All Night Long by jaybear1701

Lucifer AU by AgentJoanneMills

Astroboy101 does a lot of Raylla movie AUs which I find fun to read and all the fics are currently finished.

If you just go by kudos, you will see lots of fics by fab_fan and Trufreak89. They are ok but not really my taste.

fab_fan writes Raelle way too pro-army for my liking and there was one fic where she basically had Raelle choose the army over Scylla. So its meh to me, but I know a lot of people like it.

Also, Trufreak89 is good but the writing gets kinda tropey at times.

Of all the fandoms I've been in, I've never really liked the most popular fics, but that's just me, eveyone likes different things. Hope you enjoy some of my recs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2022, 02:25
Guest wrote:

Modern AU . This fic is by vuvalinis who, imo, is an amazing writer. where the love light gleams is one of my favs.

Some finished favs

Astroboy101 does a lot of Raylla movie AUs which I find fun to read and all the fics are currently finished.

If you just go by kudos, you will see lots of fics by fab_fan and Trufreak89. They are ok but not really my taste.

fab_fan writes Raelle way too pro-army for my liking and there was one fic where she basically had Raelle choose the army over Scylla. So its meh to me, but I know a lot of people like it.

Of all the fandoms I've been in, I've never really liked the most popular fics, but that's just me, eveyone likes different things. Hope you enjoy some of my recs.
fab_fan is a bellcollar shipper so I don't expect her to write Raelle well. I don't like her fics for that exact reason.

Surprised no one's recommened Farmhand yet :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2022, 02:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

fab_fan is a bellcollar shipper so I don't expect her to write Raelle well. I don't like her fics for that exact reason.

DA Thanks for the warning, I was about to read some of these fanfics because I see fans recommendations, but I'm so not here to read pro-army Raelle, let alone support a crackshipper.

I'm also not into pillow princess bottom Scylla that I see in a lot on fanfics from this fandom :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Some finished favs

I think fab_fan writes Raelle well. As much as we would like Raelle to leave the Army and run away with Scylla, it probably won't happen. Raelle doesn't like the ideals of the Army, but she likes the sense of community, belonging (Taylor repeats this over and over again in her interviews), she loves her sisters, who are 99.9% likely to return to the Army. Also, I really like how they write Scylla's trauma with Army, it's never brushed off. Do I agree with everything that fab_fan writes? Absolutely not. In a ultimatum between the Army and Scylla, canonical Raelle will choose Scylla.

These are, of course, everyone's personal tastes, but I think this Raelle has depth, and she's not just a brainless casanova, as she likes to be portrayed.

Is Farmhand a really good fic, or are you just really horny?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2022, 06:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Some finished favs

I think fab_fan writes Raelle well. As much as we would like Raelle to leave the Army and run away with Scylla, it probably won't happen. Raelle doesn't like the ideals of the Army, but she likes the sense of community, belonging (Taylor repeats this over and over again in her interviews), she loves her sisters, who are 99.9% likely to return to the Army. Also, I really like how they write Scylla's trauma with Army, it's never brushed off. Do I agree with everything that fab_fan writes? Absolutely not. In a ultimatum between the Army and Scylla, canonical Raelle will choose Scylla.

These are, of course, everyone's personal tastes, but I think this Raelle has depth, and she's not just a brainless casanova, as she likes to be portrayed.

Is Farmhand a really good fic, or are you just really horny?
*people like to portray her, ofc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I know that we normally don't like to post here reddit stuff and everything, but here is not like a hate comment, more like a complaning about the plot(plot holes). And we talked here about dumb discussions on reddit couple days ago. So I decided to share. We all complain about the writting too, but this 2 marked points are just killing me :rofl: I'm sorry but this 2 questions are so dumb, like it should be obvious from the main plot. How can you watch the show and don't ge the main plot :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 May 2022, 07:41
I know that we normally don't like to post here reddit stuff and everything, but here is not like a hate comment, more like a complaning about the plot(plot holes). And we talked here about dumb discussions on reddit couple days ago. So I decided to share. We all complain about the writting too, but this 2 marked points are just killing me :rofl: I'm sorry but this 2 questions are so dumb, like it should be obvious from the main plot. How can you watch the show and don't ge the main plot :nervous:
Yeah.. Why all these bitches in the Army? Don't they have other professions? Other things to do? It's really strange, guys. Probably, the Army has a good salary and a benefits package. And you know what... good for them, good for them

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just discovered this show and this forum so sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just saw something that said Raelle was a virgin when she first slept with Scylla?!? Is this true?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2022, 13:54
I just discovered this show and this forum so sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just saw something that said Raelle was a virgin when she first slept with Scylla?!? Is this true?
it's just Taylor's head canon. Nothing confirmed in the canon of the show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm the anon that asked for fic recommendations and I'd like to thank all of you who answered me!!! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 May 2022, 14:48
Guest wrote:
29 May 2022, 13:54
it's just Taylor's head canon. Nothing confirmed in the canon of the show
I find it hard to believe that Raelle was a virgin when she first slept with Scylla. However, I came across an interesting thread on Twitter where someone was speculating about how the subject of sex is not taboo in the witch community, and that it's easier to be confident your first time when the nuances of sex life are openly discussed so you know (at least approximately) what to do and how to do it
Again, though, I find it hard to believe, but maybe it is the case, and Raelle was a virgin :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: