Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 21:00
also what do you all think about that?
Not a con person, but this seems like a legit french convention team - they have 14.000 followers on twitter. Definetly not as sketchy as that suspicious mess of a money grab above.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Not a con person, but this seems like a legit french convention team - they have 14.000 followers on twitter. Definetly not as sketchy as that suspicious mess of a money grab above.
Yeah, it sounds better than that one in USA and England one might not happen because of Omicron or filming schedules. I hope fans will try to get the cast in that one.

Charlie
Reactions:

Post by Charlie »

Hello, I would like to read some good fanfiction, I do not know if you have any recommendations that you can give me, I would appreciate them very much, thank you<3

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Charlie wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 16:53
Hello, I would like to read some good fanfiction, I do not know if you have any recommendations that you can give me, I would appreciate them very much, thank you<3
I don't read fanfictions. But I heard in the fandom that "antidote" is a really good one, people really like it. If you haven't read it yet, try out

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 17:43
Charlie wrote:
I don't read fanfictions. But I heard in the fandom that "antidote" is a really good one, people really like it. If you haven't read it yet, try out
Everything by fab_fan, aemeth, and AgentJoanneMills is the best stuff in the fandom in my oppinion :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

looks like Taylor is getting better, she starts to be active on social media again and posted pics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Charlie wrote:
The one I like was in pause for a long time and just got an update recently but who knows if the writer is going to finish it: https://archiveofourown.org/works/29045 ... s/71291514 "Something To Talk About"

Haven't read Antidote, I just know is inspired by "Delete Me" and I don't know if I want to read something like that, at least for now :lol:

Charlie
Reactions:

Post by Charlie »

guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 18:14
Guest wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Everything by fab_fan, aemeth, and AgentJoanneMills is the best stuff in the fandom in my oppinion :goldstar:
Thank you so much I will look for them and read them :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Antidote is the only MFS fic I've really liked. I've tried plenty of others but only got really into this one. It's not just because it's based off Delete Me which was a really interesting show, but the relationship between raylla in it is super sweet, how they treat each other and what they do for each other. The fic has got me in a chokehold and I'm dying for an update.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 18:47
looks like Taylor is getting better, she starts to be active on social media again and posted pics
It's a good sign she's back to be active on sm even tho she posted old pictures.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 22:19
Guest wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Antidote is the only MFS fic I've really liked. I've tried plenty of others but only got really into this one. It's not just because it's based off Delete Me which was a really interesting show, but the relationship between raylla in it is super sweet, how they treat each other and what they do for each other. The fic has got me in a chokehold and I'm dying for an update.
X2. Antidote is by far my fav fic in this fandom. I understand if you don't like the premise but the characters are wonderfully written. Some of my other fav fics are:

give me one room to come home to (give me the palm of your hand) and where the love light gleams by vuvalinis
pay it no mind (you're my favorite kind of night) by suchbeautifuldoubt
Buried Deep by not_here_leave_a_message

And Astroboy101 fics are fun if you want to read lighthearted fics based on movies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 21:06
Guest wrote:
I have gone to in person cons by the company in England and by Empire in France and also the did online ones with Empire they are legit. Showing interest for con company usually works best if the person that asked does a poll on twitter and they could RT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was checking this top 100 fanfics of 2021 on AO3 (by the number of works), It seems to have some errors but I think it gives an idea of how it was last year. Raylla at 29, not really great for a show that's still on but they were at 25 in 2020 so maybe is not that bad (Season 2 a missed opportunity to hype them up =_= ). Talder at 42, I thought they were gonna be above Raylla since their fans said they had more and better fanfics, the difference in numbers is not that big tho. Raelle & abigail 🦗

Spoiler because is long
Impressed about Arcane. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 09:36
I was checking this top 100 fanfics of 2021 on AO3 (by the number of works), It seems to have some errors but I think it gives an idea of how it was last year. Raylla at 29, not really great for a show that's still on but they were at 25 in 2020 so maybe is not that bad (Season 2 a missed opportunity to hype them up =_= ). Talder at 42, I thought they were gonna be above Raylla since their fans said they had more and better fanfics, the difference in numbers is not that big tho. Raelle & abigail 🦗

Spoiler because is long
Impressed about Arcane. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.
I think the thing about the ratings is not only how quality and how many more/less fanfic are there about certain ship. But also a lot about how popular the show&ship and how active their fans are. I don’t know if Talder‘s fanfics are better or not and if there are more of their fanfics, I never read them. But even if it’s so, it’s just can be that not so many people wann read fics about them, because they don’t ship them and/or their fans in reading are less active. To read fanfics you have to become obsessed with the ship first.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if Motherland cast will attend comic con this year again, since it is a last season

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's great! Now, what episode are they filming? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 01:27
Hmm good question. Maybe 4-5. Anyone else have an idea?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:01
Guest wrote:
Either 3 or 4. Definitely not 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I saw somewhere that they only filmed 2 episodes before the holiday hiatus. So 3. Taylor didn't miss a lot of filming after all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:16
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I saw somewhere that they only filmed 2 episodes before the holiday hiatus. So 3. Taylor didn't miss a lot of filming after all.
I saw only assumption that they filmed 2 eps, based on the fact that they only announced 3 direcotrs yet, and that third director should start after the hiatus, but no proofs. And if we actually take a look at 2 other seasons, first 2 epiosdes always directed the same director. If they won't break that tradition than they filmed 3 episodes and will film episode 4 now. But as you said Taylor didn't miss a lot of filming, don't think 1 ep more or less will make a lot of difference tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Three directors we know of so far: Amanda Tapping for episodes 1 and 2, Jem Garrard joined for episode 2, and Shannon Kohli for episode 3, announced at the end of december when they were already on vacation. So we don't know whether they were filming episode 3 before holidays and now they are back, or they just started, but ep 3 sounds like a good theory

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:53
Three directors we know of so far: Amanda Tapping for episodes 1 and 2, Jem Garrard joined for episode 2, and Shannon Kohli for episode 3, announced at the end of december when they were already on vacation. So we don't know whether they were filming episode 3 before holidays and now they are back, or they just started, but ep 3 sounds like a good theory
So they have to film 7-8 episodes and have less than 3 months for it, plus it could be that they have to film some Raelle scene for 1+2 episodes bc Taylor was missing. Never they gonna make it by the deadline, we will have to wait for season 3 longer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You guys fall so easily with the weirdos

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:51
Guest wrote:
So they have to film 7-8 episodes and have less than 3 months for it, plus it could be that they have to film some Raelle scene for 1+2 episodes bc Taylor was missing. Never they gonna make it by the deadline, we will have to wait for season 3 longer
Waiting is not a problem imo as long as it helps to have a good series finale. But it seems to me that they are going to rush production stuff to fit the deadline. Let's see how it goes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Waiting is not a problem imo as long as it helps to have a good series finale. But it seems to me that they are going to rush production stuff to fit the deadline. Let's see how it goes.
Nah, they're going to extend it. There are zero chances they can wrap before late April.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Nah, they're going to extend it. There are zero chances they can wrap before late April.
x2 no matter how they would be in a hurry with production, no way they will be able to shoot 8 episodes in such a short time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I hope so, season 2 showed the decline in quality from season 1 in terms of visuals, cinematography, editing, etc. I don't mind waiting honestly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I hope so, season 2 showed the decline in quality from season 1 in terms of visuals, cinematography, editing, etc. I don't mind waiting honestly
It’s not always about the time. If I remember right they filmed S2 longer than S1 because of COVID. At the end S2 was worse.

Cinematography and editing was better because they changed almost the whole crew for S2. Jon Joffin who got CSC and ASC award Motherland cinematography and the director Steve Adelson got Leo nomination for directing Motherland pilot too. They both didn’t work on S2 tho and it looks like they don’t work on S3. I won’t expect something amazing bc the same crew who made S2 is making S3 now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:39
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It’s not always about the time. If I remember right they filmed S2 longer than S1 because of COVID. At the end S2 was worse.

Cinematography and editing was better because they changed almost the whole crew for S2. Jon Joffin who got CSC and ASC award Motherland cinematography and the director Steve Adelson got Leo nomination for directing Motherland pilot too. They both didn’t work on S2 tho and it looks like they don’t work on S3. I won’t expect something amazing bc the same crew who made S2 is making S3 now.
*for Motherland 1x01 and 1x06

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Longer waiting without content ouch, this hiatus will be difficult one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 22:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
If this is the case are we looking at an air time of August / Sept rather than June / July?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 23:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If this is the case are we looking at an air time of August / Sept rather than June / July?
Not necessarily. I think it depends on how long it takes for them to add special effects. I know some shows start filming in august for a September start date and often are only an episode or two ahead of what’s airing.

With Motherland they obviously need longer to do all the editing in the special effects but I assume they can be working on the early episodes while filming the later ones.

I think pushing back airing too far would ruin their scheduling because it’s a summer show and needs to end before fall shows start.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If they will wrap closer to the end of April than I’d say somewhere in August

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 23:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not necessarily. I think it depends on how long it takes for them to add special effects. I know some shows start filming in august for a September start date and often are only an episode or two ahead of what’s airing.

With Motherland they obviously need longer to do all the editing in the special effects but I assume they can be working on the early episodes while filming the later ones.

I think pushing back airing too far would ruin their scheduling because it’s a summer show and needs to end before fall shows start.
DA Yep that's how a lot of shows work, especially weekly shows. I think it will depend on Freeform, the date and time slot they want to give it. They finished filming season 2 in early april, premiered end of june. As far as post-production, I don't think there is going to be a big of a difference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Taylor just said she isn’t filming yet but “hopefully soon”. Glad she is on SM again but I am sorry to hear she still isn’t feeling well. Hopefully all this extra time with her family has been enjoyable.

I have no idea how the writers are going to write around this in any way that will make any sense. Even if she can film a scene or two for past episodes it will still be so strange she is missing from all the group scenes and plots.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 04:44
Taylor just said she isn’t filming yet but “hopefully soon”. Glad she is on SM again but I am sorry to hear she still isn’t feeling well. Hopefully all this extra time with her family has been enjoyable.

I have no idea how the writers are going to write around this in any way that will make any sense. Even if she can film a scene or two for past episodes it will still be so strange she is missing from all the group scenes and plots.
I mean, it's really not that hard. It's not like she'll disappear for half a season. They can easily come up with a storyline like Raelle getting sick and the group having to find a cure/antidote or whatever. It would fit the whole mycelium/mutating plague theme of the show. She could still film those scenes lying down/etc. Of course that is just an example. There's plenty more they could come up with and I'm sure they will. They just started filming yesterday so I'm not surprised she isn't back yet. It'll probably take a while longer to reintegrate her fully.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone here asked about that Ess video with Taylor. Tiernan just posted new video with Taylor, that was apparently filmed on her birthday. It looks like Ess and Taylor filmed their video on that day too. Because Taylor and the room look exactly the same from both videos and I think I could even here a bit of Ess voice in Tiernan's video. Just if someone was still interested in that Ess video

myka4hg
Reactions: 45

Post by myka4hg »

Given all the delays, they might end up cutting the season short rather than extend shooting.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:

I have a feeling that Taylor is not ok still and its understandable, and I wish her the best, who ever has been in a car accident knows that it takes a while to want to get in one, and she already suffering from anxiety can be slow in the healing process. My fear is that due to this tptb might have to shift the writing to the Adigail arc and we will have a no show of Raelle till 307, 308 again, but they will focus on the sky and earth enigma

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yup, that's it. I'm finding the guy that hit them with his vehicle and am doing his head in! The fucker!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eliot is very lucky he is not on social media after he used the gay to sell the show so hard season one and then kept them apart for 70% of the second season and is now pushing the most boring het ship as some huge prophecy fulfilling romance for the last ever season while being completely unable to give us any gay (not blaming Taylor cause this wouldn’t even be an issue if Eliot hadn’t screwed us so hard last season). They still keep using the LGBT fans and talking about how great the rep is while the show has done nothing on screen to really back that up in the last year.

I know I certainly will not be watching anything Eliot is involved in in the future. What kind of asshole puts nothing on screen and then uses “After the Storm” interviews to be like “even though we saw none of it Raelle was totally thinking about Scylla here”.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 13:27
Guest wrote:

I have a feeling that Taylor is not ok still and its understandable, and I wish her the best, who ever has been in a car accident knows that it takes a while to want to get in one, and she already suffering from anxiety can be slow in the healing process. My fear is that due to this tptb might have to shift the writing to the Adigail arc and we will have a no show of Raelle till 307, 308 again, but they will focus on the sky and earth enigma
DA 2 months after... Damn, I wondering what's going on with Taylor because I doubt recovery has something to do "only" with mental health even tho it's truly important. :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 16:29
Eliot is very lucky he is not on social media after he used the gay to sell the show so hard season one and then kept them apart for 70% of the second season and is now pushing the most boring het ship as some huge prophecy fulfilling romance for the last ever season while being completely unable to give us any gay (not blaming Taylor cause this wouldn’t even be an issue if Eliot hadn’t screwed us so hard last season). They still keep using the LGBT fans and talking about how great the rep is while the show has done nothing on screen to really back that up in the last year.

I know I certainly will not be watching anything Eliot is involved in in the future. What kind of asshole puts nothing on screen and then uses “After the Storm” interviews to be like “even though we saw none of it Raelle was totally thinking about Scylla here”.
Agree, he is an asshole for saying in ATS that Raelle think about Scylla when we don't see anything of it on screen, that is really bad writing.
I just rewatched season 2 ( I really struggled doing it)After rewatching I relised one thing that I have more issues with the way they wrote them apart, with Raelle's story and Scylla's screentime. Because almost no raylla scene sucks of course. But I just got that they didn't know how to put them together, they had issue that Raelle has to be in the Army and Scylla can't be there. I mean, everyone including me was upset after Raelle and Scylla were apart again after episode 8. But also how they were supposed to hold them together? in ep 9 Alder wanted to kill Nicte, in ep 10 Nicte&unit were supposed to be send to prison. It would be ridiculous when they show Alder wants to kill Nicte but she is ok with Scylla being in the Army. They are the writer and they can make decisions but it should make some sense. I was thinking and I couldn't find any ways to write them together so it makes sense. They couldn't write Raelle out of the Army either because she would need an excuse for leaving the Army, Alder wouldn't let it happen Raelle is a witchbomb and they needed Raelle for Mycelium/Alder stuff and to be saved by Scylla in ep 10 again.
As I said I still have issues with they way they wrote their stories, the writing definitely sucks, they wrote Willa's story bad too, there was no development at all. But I do get why they had issues to give us more Raylla scenes and if even as some other fans say "they should make reunion earlier", we wouldn't get much Raylla scene anyway. Because the issue that Raelle is in the Army and Scylla can't be there, would still exist.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:05
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA 2 months after... Damn, I wondering what's going on with Taylor because I doubt recovery has something to do "only" with mental health even tho it's truly important. :(
DA Yeah I don't think it's only a mental health problem, I don't doubt she could have some ptsd or something but I don't think that's what's keeping her away from work. Muscular injuries can take literal months to heal, a ligament injury, in the back, in the neck, even if it's not a dangerous injury it can take long and you have to follow a good therapy if you want to heal properly and don't have problems later on your life (like muscular pain and all)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:48
Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:05
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Yeah I don't think it's only a mental health problem, I don't doubt she could have some ptsd or something but I don't think that's what's keeping her away from work. Muscular injuries can take literal months to heal, a ligament injury, in the back, in the neck, even if it's not a dangerous injury it can take long and you have to follow a good therapy if you want to heal properly and don't have problems later on your life (like muscular pain and all)
If that is the case. I wouldn’t hope that Raelle will get a big story next season. Just because it could be the writers don’t want to trust important/major story to the actress who recently had car accident and maybe won’t be able to film some scene due her health. Taylor is just not the most reliable member of the cast right now and they already behind their schedules due weather and covid. If I would be a writer, I just wouldn’t want to risk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was also thinking about Scylla. If Raelle will be missing or will have less scenes in some episodes, than Scylla will have to share more scenes with Abigail and Tally, to have some story. I hope they won’t make it awkward, knowing the writers they can though. Season 3 is giving me pretty weird vibes, don’t know what to expect at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 18:29
I was also thinking about Scylla. If Raelle will be missing or will have less scenes in some episodes, than Scylla will have to share more scenes with Abigail and Tally, to have some story. I hope they won’t make it awkward, knowing the writers they can though. Season 3 is giving me pretty weird vibes, don’t know what to expect at all
I am dreading how forced and awkward Scylla will be only interacting with people who turned her in and don’t trust her. It should be she who doesn’t trust them since they never seem to have Raelle’s best interest in heart.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

some content

also new tiernan's video, not much of Taylor but there is some, if you want to watch