Re: Motherland: Fort Salem

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:52
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:38
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 07:14
when is that raylla/adifail scene supposed to happen? 8?
Right, I forgot about that. I guess it's ep 8 cause I don't know how the four of them could have a scene together in ep 7 (and certainly not in ep 6). It's weird cause Ashley brought it out the day Taylor was filming those heavy scenes with Willa (ep 7). But again, a lot of times shows don't shoot episodes in order.
Well theoretically it can be in ep 7. When Abigail's and Adil's main plot vengeance this episode, they just can infiltrate in the same Camarilla's stronghold where Raelle will be. But I also can't see where exactly in this episode they could share scene together.
Lol, can you imagine? At that point there will be more witches than Camarilla people. Like one camarilla guy keeping Raelle hostage and six witches to the rescue. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 17:07
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:52
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:38
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 07:14
when is that raylla/adifail scene supposed to happen? 8?
Right, I forgot about that. I guess it's ep 8 cause I don't know how the four of them could have a scene together in ep 7 (and certainly not in ep 6). It's weird cause Ashley brought it out the day Taylor was filming those heavy scenes with Willa (ep 7). But again, a lot of times shows don't shoot episodes in order.
Well theoretically it can be in ep 7. When Abigail's and Adil's main plot vengeance this episode, they just can infiltrate in the same Camarilla's stronghold where Raelle will be. But I also can't see where exactly in this episode they could share scene together.
Lol, can you imagine? At that point there will be more witches than Camarilla people. Like one camarilla guy keeping Raelle hostage and six witches to the rescue. :lol:
It’s Camarilla’s stronghold I am sure that there is a lot of them and don’t forget that probably witches can’t use magic there, it’s will be definitely not that easy for them. I said it’s theoretically can be, just possible based on synopsis. But I can’t really imagine how it’s supposed to be or I just don’t want it because I want that Willa/Raelle and Raelle/Scylla have their moments without Unit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It doesn’t look like Bonnie for me, what about you guys?
:blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When will we have something like that :lol:

This is sad pls :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 17:40

Omg it‘s amazing ! 🔥 they are so hot together 🔥🔥🥵

But it’s also so sad, fans have to do edits to get them fashion together :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 16:56
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 16:17
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 15:04
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 11:43
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 11:38
Fans continue to do edits. I curious do actresses see how lost we already are and what do they really think about episodes 1-5 now when they saw them.
Am sure they all are noticing. It's just that storyline is not in actresses hands but in writers who are meh here. Also this season focus has been on others and taylor has anyways been sidelined till now. Hope she gets some role in next few episodes. Her arc has been off somehow this season.
I hope they don’t pay too much attention to fandom stuff. Their job is to act. They have a different perspective from fans. I believe they genuinely got blown away by all the cliffhangers in 1x10, but the fans were meh. It must be discouraging to give every scene your all, but the fans are telling you “we don’t care.”
I don’t think that edits are something bad, I mean they don’t really criticise directly anything. It just shows how fans miss Raylla and how lost all of fans already are. So this fandom stuff is actually harmless and actually even in contrary it shows how powerful this couple and their chemistry are. Of course their job is acting but no one criticise their acting skills, some people criticise the writing. It’s not the actress’s fault
SA. Sorry, I should be more specific. I mean all the social engagement stats and trend in general. I’m sure they’re happy to see fan edits, fan art, or anything creative. It’s another thing to hit them with — see how we don’t care about ep x-y and we hope you see that and agree with us. It’s seeking validation for personal opinions from the actors who are only doing their job.

I’m sure they’re fine. They’re professionals and know what the deal is.
Yes, it sucks as an actress to hear or read such things. But it’s writers fault too. Fans can’t wait and wait and pretend that they like some storylines or episodes that they actually don’t, some day fans just don’t have patience anymore. 6 episodes without Raylla+ there were also almost nothing in 1B is too much. People can pretend engagement all the time without any content they are waiting for.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 11:43

Am sure they all are noticing. It's just that storyline is not in actresses hands but in writers who are meh here. Also this season focus has been on others and taylor has anyways been sidelined till now. Hope she gets some role in next few episodes. Her arc has been off somehow this season.
I hope they don’t pay too much attention to fandom stuff. Their job is to act. They have a different perspective from fans. I believe they genuinely got blown away by all the cliffhangers in 1x10, but the fans were meh. It must be discouraging to give every scene your all, but the fans are telling you “we don’t care.”
I don’t think that edits are something bad, I mean they don’t really criticise directly anything. It just shows how fans miss Raylla and how lost all of fans already are. So this fandom stuff is actually harmless and actually even in contrary it shows how powerful this couple and their chemistry are. Of course their job is acting but no one criticise their acting skills, some people criticise the writing. It’s not the actress’s fault
SA. Sorry, I should be more specific. I mean all the social engagement stats and trend in general. I’m sure they’re happy to see fan edits, fan art, or anything creative. It’s another thing to hit them with — see how we don’t care about ep x-y and we hope you see that and agree with us. It’s seeking validation for personal opinions from the actors who are only doing their job.

Yes, it sucks as an actress to hear or read such things. But it’s writers fault too. Fans can’t wait and wait and pretend that they like some storylines or episodes that they actually don’t, some day fans just don’t have patience anymore. 6 episodes without Raylla+ there were also almost nothing in 1B is too much. People can pretend engagement all the time without any content they are waiting for.
*can‘t

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Hopfully in season 3 :fingcross:
or in episode 9, there will be dancers :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:07
Guest wrote:

Hopfully in season 3 :fingcross:
or in episode 9, there will be dancers :fingcross:
It so sad that fans have to do this. All these creative fans that pushed the show in S1 having scraps to work with and we're getting crumbs from the show in terms on content. This show really did a 180 and said f*ck the gays.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:55
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

*can‘t
I also rewatched season 1 very recently with a friend of mine who hadn't seen any of it. YOu know what cliffhanger made him excited? The Willa reveal. He actually didn't see it coming. Maybe it's different if you binge watch a show or don't spend as much time thinking about it as we do. But that was the cliffhanger making him excited about season 2. Regarding Tally becoming a biddy he just said why don't they let Alder die instead of sacrificing all these young witches for her. And he had no clue about that witchbomb thing and what is going on there. But the one getting him excited and really surprising him was Willa. I didnt dare tell him that he would unfortunately have to wait half a season for that cliffhanger to finally be dealt with. I would call him a casual viewer with no hardcore investment. So it really isn't just us lesbians.

With the upcoming episodes it will be 7 episodes in a row without any Raylla conversation. Like you said, no one can pretend anymore after such a long time.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Weren't there sim videos once upon a time for Glee or PLL? Someone should make such videos for mfs in which they call out the writing or certain character traits that never get called out on the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scylla is gonna go full HAM after she learns Raelle has been kidnapped and I’m hear for my necro nugget getting her murder on.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

You know what's funny about the writers claiming that Raylla aren't in each other's orbits right now and how hard they had to work to get them there? Why? The cliffhanger of the season 1 finale set up a story that brings them together. Willa. Raelle's mother. No mother mushroom or anything else needed. Willa wanting to get her daughter as it has been in season 1 with Scylla's mission. As it was mentioned in epp 1x10 again.

So whatever crap they say are just bullshit excuses they try to sell as creative decisions. :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:23
You know what's funny about the writers claiming that Raylla aren't in each other's orbits right now and how hard they had to work to get them there? Why? The cliffhanger of the season 1 finale set up a story that brings them together. Willa. Raelle's mother. No mother mushroom or anything else needed. Willa wanting to get her daughter as it has been in season 1 with Scylla's mission. As it was mentioned in epp 1x10 again.

So whatever crap they say are just bullshit excuses they try to sell as creative decisions. :yawn:
Oh man, this just reminded me that Eliot also said that there was a "magnetism influencing each other from afar even though they’re not together" and we haven't even seen that in 5 episodes :lol: That flashback in ep 3 doesn't count for me =_= Maybe is that Scylla is influenced by her love for Raelle but man, we knew that since S1

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:40
guest wrote:

Oh man, this just reminded me that Eliot also said that there was a "magnetism influencing each other from afar even though they’re not together" and we haven't even seen that in 5 episodes :lol: That flashback in ep 3 doesn't count for me =_= Maybe is that Scylla is influenced by her love for Raelle but man, we knew that since S1
It's all bullshit talk. The casual viewer especially won't see shit. Especially on Raelle's side because there is nothing. She foudn the picture and they could've easily had a real conversation about it in one of their billion unit scenes but nope. Or like we said, show her looking at her hand or the bird skull in one scene for 3 seconds. That flashback with no reaction from Raelle whatsoever or questions about why that seed worked so well and a 3 second glance in ep 4 and Scylla looking at a pic for one episode don't count. It's all bullshit.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Fact is if your so called main love story doesn't get any scenes so that the fans of a canon couple have to create manips of scenes after half of a season you clearly fucked up. No excuses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:02
Everytime we get a short scene like this I'm reminded of the wasted potential with this storyline. :dramaqueen: I still enjoy Willa and Scylla and Willa telling her she's not weak. :wub: This and her telling her she can keep the photo definitely show she is all supportive of Scylla as a daughter in law.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:46
Fact is if your so called main love story doesn't get any scenes so that the fans of a canon couple have to create manips of scenes after half of a season you clearly fucked up. No excuses.
This! Especially as there are shows and films giving us amazing w/w content out there right now. Most of us are hanging on to this show by a tiny thread. If we get nothing but crumbs, I’m out.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Did Adil and Abigail have scenes in ep 3? Does anyone remember?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love the concept of this show and really enjoyed the first season. But my frustration with them keeping apart the 2 actresses with electrifying chemistry for the majority of the series has made it difficult to give a damn about other storylines that would usually interest me. Yes, I understand there was a betrayal and separation was reasonable. I think most people would have been ok with that had it not gone to this extreme. The other day someone here jokingly brought up the writers being challenged next season because they actually will have to write scenes with them together. But it’s true because they not only haven’t had to write scenes for them together, but they also haven’t had to write many scenes for either thinking or talking about the other. That’s where my greatest frustration lies and why my patience is running thin. I have no doubt that Amalia and Taylor will make the most out of whatever scenes they do get for the last few episodes. But it’s so frustrating to see so much wasted potential. I see other fictional wlw couples that get so much adoration and I know it’s because they’re given the material that lets them shine and show their potential. We don’t know how many seasons this show will get, and l hate that Amalia and Taylor / Raylla could have the chance to be one of the most iconic sapphic couples, but they’re not being given the chance. I just hope to goddess Eliot gets his head out of his ass next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:08
guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:46
This! Especially as there are shows and films giving us amazing w/w content out there right now. Most of us are hanging on to this show by a tiny thread. If we get nothing but crumbs, I’m out.
It understandable, it's difficult to wait so long. But now? I mean it's a bit more than one week until reunion :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:17
Yes, two scenes, one was at the end when she tried to do tornado

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:44
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

It's all bullshit talk. The casual viewer especially won't see shit. Especially on Raelle's side because there is nothing. She foudn the picture and they could've easily had a real conversation about it in one of their billion unit scenes but nope. Or like we said, show her looking at her hand or the bird skull in one scene for 3 seconds. That flashback with no reaction from Raelle whatsoever or questions about why that seed worked so well and a 3 second glance in ep 4 and Scylla looking at a pic for one episode don't count. It's all bullshit.
Yes, all bullshit. They had to show it as they did last year in order for us to believe that Scylla changed, and have Raelle be devastated last year and change. Had to be a great love in order to change the two characters. Now, who knows where they go after that - what would serve the story and the character arcs. Clearly, they think Scylla's continued love makes her change much more reasonable this year, but no clue with Raelle at this point.
The actors said they only got episodes 1 through 7 early in Season 1, so they were shocked at 8-10 later in the season. If they did it the same way, would suspect we see the same dynamics 1 through 7 this year. Seems to me they left it open to go either way in 8-10, setting up next year.
All the interviews for season 2 were after it was shot. In every interview with Amelia, the only thing she ever says is that Scylla will never give up on Raelle (that implies to me that she does not get her, YMMV). For the spoiler and director talk - it can be a beautiful reunion without it being a romantic reunion. On the positive side, Tay said in her interviews, what little she has said, is that Raelle learns unconditional love - that could be mom or Scylla, or both.
Now, the scene in 1x05 where bible Raelle plucks from the Ruth story would say they are forever, no matter what, because that was written, not actor reliant. But, that was before she knew what Scylla did; however, this is maybe where the unconditional love comes in for Raelle, and I still hold a small hope it does.
I certainly do not see them as a pair now, not after the 5 episodes we have seen. You can not be a pair when it is wholly one-sided. Having said all that, MFS can never take away what they put on screen last season between the two - could not see how they could pull something as bad as GOT did so as to ruin it all. I will go find some wood to knock on now...

I expect nothing now so will be thrilled if they actually put them together again.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:21
guest wrote:
Yes, two scenes, one was at the end when she tried to do tornado
Right, how could I forget. Thanks. While they don't have an epic love story (in my eyes) and are also lazily written it's funny how ever since Adil joined the show they gave them a scene in every episode. And since we know they will definitely have a plot together in the next two episodes they will officially have had scenes together in more episodes than Raylla will even manage to have in season 1 and the reamining season 2. If they share scenes in ep 7-10 they will manage to get to 11. Not counting the crowded 3 second glance in ep 4.

Doesn't mean I want to change but it's just something that stands out how easy it is to have a straight pairing on-screen in every episode. No matter for how short of an amount of time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:24
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Yes, all bullshit. They had to show it as they did last year in order for us to believe that Scylla changed, and have Raelle be devastated last year and change. Had to be a great love in order to change the two characters. Now, who knows where they go after that - what would serve the story and the character arcs. Clearly, they think Scylla's continued love makes her change much more reasonable this year, but no clue with Raelle at this point.
The actors said they only got episodes 1 through 7 early in Season 1, so they were shocked at 8-10 later in the season. If they did it the same way, would suspect we see the same dynamics 1 through 7 this year. Seems to me they left it open to go either way in 8-10, setting up next year.
All the interviews for season 2 were after it was shot. In every interview with Amelia, the only thing she ever says is that Scylla will never give up on Raelle (that implies to me that she does not get her, YMMV). For the spoiler and director talk - it can be a beautiful reunion without it being a romantic reunion. On the positive side, Tay said in her interviews, what little she has said, is that Raelle learns unconditional love - that could be mom or Scylla, or both.
Now, the scene in 1x05 where bible Raelle plucks from the Ruth story would say they are forever, no matter what, because that was written, not actor reliant. But, that was before she knew what Scylla did; however, this is maybe where the unconditional love comes in for Raelle, and I still hold a small hope it does.
I certainly do not see them as a pair now, not after the 5 episodes we have seen. You can not be a pair when it is wholly one-sided. Having said all that, MFS can never take away what they put on screen last season between the two - could not see how they could pull something as bad as GOT did so as to ruin it all. I will go find some wood to knock on now...

I expect nothing now so will be thrilled if they actually put them together again.
I actually think that actresses didn't want to spoile stuff. Taylor can't say anything at all because there is not much from her side until reunion. Amalia can say a bit more because hse has scenes with her mother in law and couple of longing moments. So I actually hope to see something between Raelle and Scylla. Eliot couldn't mess so up, he knows no one will watch the show if there will be nothing after reunion because we alreay waited so long

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I love the concept of this show and really enjoyed the first season. But my frustration with them keeping apart the 2 actresses with electrifying chemistry for the majority of the series has made it difficult to give a damn about other storylines that would usually interest me. Yes, I understand there was a betrayal and separation was reasonable. I think most people would have been ok with that had it not gone to this extreme. The other day someone here jokingly brought up the writers being challenged next season because they actually will have to write scenes with them together. But it’s true because they not only haven’t had to write scenes for them together, but they also haven’t had to write many scenes for either thinking or talking about the other. That’s where my greatest frustration lies and why my patience is running thin. I have no doubt that Amalia and Taylor will make the most out of whatever scenes they do get for the last few episodes. But it’s so frustrating to see so much wasted potential. I see other fictional wlw couples that get so much adoration and I know it’s because they’re given the material that lets them shine and show their potential. We don’t know how many seasons this show will get, and l hate that Amalia and Taylor / Raylla could have the chance to be one of the most iconic sapphic couples, but they’re not being given the chance. I just hope to goddess Eliot gets his head out of his ass next season.
Yes.. And all of this bs is giving me clexa vibes, and Eliot's attitude reminds me of Jrat. I don't like the feeling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:36
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

I actually think that actresses didn't want to spoile stuff. Taylor can't say anything at all because there is not much from her side until reunion. Amalia can say a bit more because hse has scenes with her mother in law and couple of longing moments. So I actually hope to see something between Raelle and Scylla. Eliot couldn't mess so up, he knows no one will watch the show if there will be nothing after reunion because we alreay waited so long
Ps. I guess you watched a lot of Quarterhorn scenes :lol:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

I mean, that's why he said the writers loved them and tried to find a way to bring them into the same orbit and all that bs talk and how they will get back togetehr or whatever it was. The question is just what we will actually see on-screen this season and how much time they decide to spend on it. And what's just a build-up for season 3 so that we have to wait even longer after getting almost nothing this season. Only time will tell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The phrase “lazy writing” is often overused or misused but the treatment of these two is a prime example of it. Lazy af.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ye, I agree with anon we can't know if Raylla will have much screentime this season and about their relationship. But I already waited 5 new episodes now and there will be finally reunion. A bit more than one week is not that much, I waited already like a month with nothing. So I will just watch episode 7 and see how the reunion will look like and their relationship

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:48
Ye, I agree with anon we can't know if Raylla will have much screentime this season and about their relationship. But I already waited 5 new episodes now and there will be finally reunion. A bit more than one week is not that much, I waited already like a month with nothing. So I will just watch episode 7 and see how the reunion will look like and their relationship
I don't think anyone in here is not going to watch. We can still watch but also call out how badly all of this has gone down so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yes.. And all of this bs is giving me clexa vibes, and Eliot's attitude reminds me of Jrat. I don't like the feeling.
I wasn't in that fandom, but I remember stuff that happened, and I don't think we are there yet.
Their reunion and scenes in the last episodes could still make it for the lackluster season. So I'm willing to keep waiting

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Maybe props department pulled a Scylla and lost it. :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The cast are already hyping ep 7 like it's some game changer. But didn't they say that about ep 10 last season and remember how bad that episode was. I wonder if the cast sense how underwhelmed the fandom is feeling this season. Not only the fandom but critics too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:31
The cast are already hyping ep 7 like it's some game changer. But didn't they say that about ep 10 last season and remember how bad that episode was. I wonder if the cast sense how underwhelmed the fandom is feeling this season. Not only the fandom but critics too.
Really ? I saw only that fans reposted Ashley‘s old post about episode 7 again but nothing new.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Question: does anyone know when the comicon group interview was filmed?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:53
Guest wrote:
I don't think anyone in here is not going to watch. We can still watch but also call out how badly all of this has gone down so far.
da I'm 100% done watching the show as a whole. It can't be redeemed for me. I will for sure watch clips of Amalia and Taylor finally having scenes together tho. On youtube, not giving Hulu any hits for this show anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Somewhere in season 1 Scylla makes the exact same facial expression and little smile as when Willa told her she is not weak. I need a gif anon to make two gifs that parallel each other. Pleaaase ? :hug:

I’ll try and find the exact scene

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:16
Guest wrote:
Somewhere in season 1 Scylla makes the exact same facial expression and little smile as when Willa told her she is not weak. I need a gif anon to make two gifs that parallel each other. Pleaaase ? :hug:

I’ll try and find the exact scene
?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:13
guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:53
Guest wrote:
da I'm 100% done watching the show as a whole. It can't be redeemed for me. I will for sure watch clips of Amalia and Taylor finally having scenes together tho. On youtube, not giving Hulu any hits for this show anymore.
DA. Same for me too. I'll watch clips on youtube. I'm done interacting with the show on sm, they'll get no clicks from me either. And if ep 7 is bad then I'm done.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:36
Guest wrote:
DA. Same for me too. I'll watch clips on youtube. I'm done interacting with the show on sm, they'll get no clicks from me either. And if ep 7 is bad then I'm done.
👏 what a martyr you are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:02
Before S2 premiered.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:39
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:36
Guest wrote:
👏 what a martyr you are.
OP. We're all just venting how bad the writing is on the whole page and how disappointing the season is as a whole when other shows are giving us great content. It's not just about the Raylla ship but the two leads have incredible chemistry and carry the show to another level, yet the lazy ass writing has undone all that was special. No need to be snarky and direct it at me when we're all venting. It's not like I'm the only one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:06
Guest wrote:
Everytime we get a short scene like this I'm reminded of the wasted potential with this storyline. :dramaqueen: I still enjoy Willa and Scylla and Willa telling her she's not weak. :wub: This and her telling her she can keep the photo definitely show she is all supportive of Scylla as a daughter in law.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:45
Guest wrote:

👏 what a martyr you are.
OP. We're all just venting how bad the writing is on the whole page and how disappointing the season is as a whole when other shows are giving us great content. It's not just about the Raylla ship but the two leads have incredible chemistry and carry the show to another level, yet the lazy ass writing has undone all that was special. No need to be snarky and direct it at me when we're all venting. It's not like I'm the only one.
The fact that you announced it like your not watching is going to end their whole show was so annoyingly self important. I've been enjoying the season so far. I think it's a lot better than the second half of S1 and at least we can look forwards to them getting back together instead of breaking up this time around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

👏 what a martyr you are.
The fact that you announced it like your not watching is going to end their whole show was so annoyingly self important. I've been enjoying the season so far. I think it's a lot better than the second half of S1 and at least we can look forwards to them getting back together instead of breaking up this time around.
DA. Get off your high horse. A lot of people here hate the writing this season and how things are looking in the Raylla department. The other anon was just saying how they feel about it and that they won't be engaging with the show anymore. It's all fair. It's sad how things ended up with the show going in a downward spiral when it had such good premises. At least we can vent here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:47

I am a more casual viewer. I binged watched after season 1 aired last year and only realized it was airing a new season when episode 2 aired. As I only really care about Raelle and Scylla I have been fastforwarding through this season.

So I haven’t paid attention to this. Can witches marry after the 5 years they are stuck with some random?
Yes marriages only last 5 years then I guess you move on to the next arranged marriage. Maybe you go back to marrying your favourite one after menopause or just stay single?

Do they have to have multiple children if they can in those 5 years? No one seems to have siblings but their parents sometimes did. Who raises them?
Who tf knows, seems like witches aren't very fertile if you look at Abigails family. Although didn't Tallys mum have like 2/3 sisters and they all died in combat? I think the idea is to pop out as many future soldiers as possible, keep the defensive line strong.

I only paid attention to Raelle who’s mom didn’t follow the rules and Scylla’s parents who we still know very little about.
Well both of them didn't follow the rules so you can't go by them for the norm. Scylla has never mentioned siblings.

So for instance could Tally end up with the guy they want Abigail with for the handfasting and then marry the guy from last season afterwards?
Sure could!

Or is love really out of the norm in this universe so it’s mostly just handfasting and then random hookups forever? No kids out of wedlock aka handfasting?
Doubt they'd be that mad if a child was born out of wedlock, its still bolstering their numbers. They'd just be peeved that it wasn't conceived with the perceived optimum power potential of the arranged marriages.

Because it seems to me based on the few scenes this season that Willa was unhappy last season Scylla didn’t bring Raelle but softened this season when she realized Scylla thought she was protecting Raelle by not bringing her. But in Motherland universe is it even an option for two people (specifically girls as they can’t handfast each other) to be in love and together in any meaningful way?
The creator Eliot said handfasting is not enforced but strongly encouraged. Ofcourse they can fall in love, they are only human after all.

Like we don’t see any of the Army adults with significant others. Do they just not firm relationships in that way, which is why Willa was punished so much?[/spoiler]
You probably don't get as many promotions if you don't do what's expected of you. As for SOs, the storyline doesn't allow for us to see them, I'm sure they all have husbands at home watering the garden and knitting sweaters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:42
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:02
Before S2 premiered.
Thanks. Was it after the valentine day twitter mess?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 00:00
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

👏 what a martyr you are.
DA. Get off your high horse. A lot of people here hate the writing this season and how things are looking in the Raylla department. The other anon was just saying how they feel about it and that they won't be engaging with the show anymore. It's all fair. It's sad how things ended up with the show going in a downward spiral when it had such good premises. At least we can vent here.
Vent all you want but know saying things like 'not giving Hulu any hits for this show anymore' and 'they'll get no clicks from me either' like you think it matters in the grand scale is ridiculous.