The Most Pathetic Shippers

Reactions:

Re: The Most Pathetic Shippers

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:02
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 08:27
People posting here as if they're a part of the boardroom of these streaming services. No one knows how it works. You know as much as those fans who are trying to get their show renewed. Are they pathetic for trying what they think might get a show they find joy in renewed? I don't think so.

The only fans I find pathetic are the ones who fall for the obvious bait. Buffy/Faith, swan queen, Rachel/Quinn, Supergirl/Lena.
Yes, they are pathetic for thinking that in the year of 2022 a post on social media having 20k+ likes means the tv show has this huge audience and the platform is homophobic for not renewing it.
And from there it’s all childish attacks and agressive tweets without any basis or information on real numbers.
WN fans are doing the exact same as FK fans did. They only post about kissing/physical contact cause there is zero quality content to their story, making it just seem about us lesbians being horny, attack those who disagree and pull the homophobic card at anything.
Da unsurprisingly WN fans never mention that kiss so at least deep down they know it looked embarrassing enough to be ignored. But they're the same people obsessing about these lame shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 08:13
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 08:05
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 07:02
Having said this, it’s possible to have F/F shows big. Orange is The New Black was a huge success.
OITNB got a MASSIVE publicity push from Netflix that they have not repeated since, for anything.

I really think people are forgetting the scale of it, it was *impossible* for that show not to do well because it was just about the only thing that you could only see on Netflix, and their publicity push was huge, there were physical wraps of just Piper on bus stops in my one horse town in Nowhereland. There were multiple ads within the same commercial break for it on some cable channels, it was plastered over every tram, train and bus I was on for weeks before release.

It actually almost counts against some of the points here in that regard - they were able to make that no-name property starring a no-name, co starring the chick people sort of remember from That 70s Show, enormous by investing in its marketing, because at the time they desperately needed some "Netflix only" tentpole. They don't do that for anything anymore, and certainly no f/f project is ever going to get it again now they've outgrown the upstart-and-offbeat market.

Compare to WN, which afaik they didn't even really highlight the release date?
And that's reality? We are a minority and while gay men have male obsessed het women watching their content, our content is almost exclusively watched by women who like women? How are we supposed to generate the same views as those shows knowing that reality?
You missed the exact point of that post completely.

We are never going to compete on views alone, and as streaming becomes more everyday, it's going to get more conservative on what it risks a big bet on.

So the best you can hope for from now on is that we generate enough of a return on every dollar that low budget stuff with zero marketing spend overperforms enough to make it worth the rounding error tossed at it. Ie that a show you make for 200 dollars brings back 250 and markets "Netflix" in the process of all the hashtags and trends about it. Essentially, that shows so low cost they don't affect your budget for anything else will function as cheap advertising for your brand as a whole first, and shows anybody watches second.

FK and WN fans are not wrong in their understanding of what might save their shows. They're just wrong about how likely they are to close the necessary distance.
Da your strategy means that the bad quality we're getting now will become worse, because what we're getting now is already low budget. And sorry but how do you generate any return anyway when you can barely get views? Hashtags and likes aren't gonna help with anything Netflix doesn't need us and our hashtags for marketing.
It's not my "strategy", it's my assessment of the state of things. If, as you guys say, we need to accept that we don't have the numbers as a demographic, then the only possinle value f/f shows have are as marketing tools.

You want better quality, we all do, but there's no path to that. And even you seem to know it because you say "fight" and "push" for better standards without being able to give one single suggestion as to how to do that which doesn't send you back to the "online campaigner" drawing board.

WN and FK fans are annoying, but they're closer to getting what they want by doing annoying shit than y'all are to getting to "quality" just by Wishing Really Hard. That "closer" might only be by a few millimetres, but they can at least demonstrate their value as viral amplifiers while you're out here on L Chat hoping... what? That some benevolent multimillionaire starts feeding you The Wire (But All Lesbians) is reading and wants to impress you and a handful of MPS regs?

What is your alternative?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Having said this, it’s possible to have F/F shows big. Orange is The New Black was a huge success.
OITNB got a MASSIVE publicity push from Netflix that they have not repeated since, for anything.

I really think people are forgetting the scale of it, it was *impossible* for that show not to do well because it was just about the only thing that you could only see on Netflix, and their publicity push was huge, there were physical wraps of just Piper on bus stops in my one horse town in Nowhereland. There were multiple ads within the same commercial break for it on some cable channels, it was plastered over every tram, train and bus I was on for weeks before release.

It actually almost counts against some of the points here in that regard - they were able to make that no-name property starring a no-name, co starring the chick people sort of remember from That 70s Show, enormous by investing in its marketing, because at the time they desperately needed some "Netflix only" tentpole. They don't do that for anything anymore, and certainly no f/f project is ever going to get it again now they've outgrown the upstart-and-offbeat market.

And that's reality? We are a minority and while gay men have male obsessed het women watching their content, our content is almost exclusively watched by women who like women? How are we supposed to generate the same views as those shows knowing that reality?

We are never going to compete on views alone, and as streaming becomes more everyday, it's going to get more conservative on what it risks a big bet on.

So the best you can hope for from now on is that we generate enough of a return on every dollar that low budget stuff with zero marketing spend overperforms enough to make it worth the rounding error tossed at it. Ie that a show you make for 200 dollars brings back 250 and markets "Netflix" in the process of all the hashtags and trends about it. Essentially, that shows so low cost they don't affect your budget for anything else will function as cheap advertising for your brand as a whole first, and shows anybody watches second.

FK and WN fans are not wrong in their understanding of what might save their shows. They're just wrong about how likely they are to close the necessary distance.
Da your strategy means that the bad quality we're getting now will become worse, because what we're getting now is already low budget. And sorry but how do you generate any return anyway when you can barely get views? Hashtags and likes aren't gonna help with anything Netflix doesn't need us and our hashtags for marketing.
It's not my "strategy", it's my assessment of the state of things. If, as you guys say, we need to accept that we don't have the numbers as a demographic, then the only possinle value f/f shows have are as marketing tools.

You want better quality, we all do, but there's no path to that. And even you seem to know it because you say "fight" and "push" for better standards without being able to give one single suggestion as to how to do that which doesn't send you back to the "online campaigner" drawing board.

WN and FK fans are annoying, but they're closer to getting what they want by doing annoying shit than y'all are to getting to "quality" just by Wishing Really Hard. That "closer" might only be by a few millimetres, but they can at least demonstrate their value as viral amplifiers while you're out here on L Chat hoping... what? That some benevolent multimillionaire starts feeding you The Wire (But All Lesbians) is reading and wants to impress you and a handful of MPS regs?

How are FK and WN fans getting what they want?
FK was cancelled and general media was hating on it more and more as it went, and WN doesn’t get any real attention and will most likely get cancelled?

The getting more quality we also do when we say we want lesbian characters in better written shows. When, for example, in stranger things we ask for a better story of Robin’s romance, or even in Euphoria if we’re talking YA.

or when we want lesbians in those popular broadcast shows, we celebrate what Apple did with Dickinson, etc…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh yeah they are so close to their goal that their shitty shows are still getting canceled.
How are FF shows marketing tools? Who sees those hashtags and thinks lemme watch this show or lemme subscribe to Netflix? No one besides FF people is gonna watch these shows no matter how many posts you like or how many fake accounts you create especially when their quality is shit.
And people up there have talked about the alternative, which starts with these networks understanding that we can't generate the same things they expect from straight shows and it's up to them to find the alternative and find ways to benefit from these shows still or what to do to guarantee they attract big audiences. Which can be done if they gave half a shit about representation as they claim, but not through pathetic fake hashtags that no one cares ahout.

Ps stop pretending that your petitions signed by 10 real people and their 100 fake accounts are reaching congress with that tone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
People posting here as if they're a part of the boardroom of these streaming services. No one knows how it works. You know as much as those fans who are trying to get their show renewed. Are they pathetic for trying what they think might get a show they find joy in renewed? I don't think so.

The only fans I find pathetic are the ones who fall for the obvious bait. Buffy/Faith, swan queen, Rachel/Quinn, Supergirl/Lena.
Yes, they are pathetic for thinking that in the year of 2022 a post on social media having 20k+ likes means the tv show has this huge audience and the platform is homophobic for not renewing it.
And from there it’s all childish attacks and agressive tweets without any basis or information on real numbers.
WN fans are doing the exact same as FK fans did. They only post about kissing/physical contact cause there is zero quality content to their story, making it just seem about us lesbians being horny, attack those who disagree and pull the homophobic card at anything.
It sounds like it speaks more about the people you're following. I haven't come across fans like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It sounds like it speaks more about the people you're following. I haven't come across fans like that.
They're really out there tweeting stuff like this as if FK and ALOTO didn't happen and gathered (a lot more) fans just a few months before to renew and save shows. heck, even MFS as done as much

this type of behaviour of trying to make a certain ship above everything else that they deny all that other people have done before and think they're bigger?
even in terms of engagement, WN doesn't come close to FK or ALOTO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh yeah they are so close to their goal that their shitty shows are still getting canceled.
How are FF shows marketing tools? Who sees those hashtags and thinks lemme watch this show or lemme subscribe to Netflix? No one besides FF people is gonna watch these shows no matter how many posts you like or how many fake accounts you create especially when their quality is shit.
And people up there have talked about the alternative, which starts with these networks understanding that we can't generate the same things they expect from straight shows and it's up to them to find the alternative and find ways to benefit from these shows still or what to do to guarantee they attract big audiences. Which can be done if they gave half a shit about representation as they claim, but not through pathetic fake hashtags that no one cares ahout.

Ps stop pretending that your petitions signed by 10 real people and their 100 fake accounts are reaching congress with that tone.
I don't know if it can help much, but one way tv channels/streaming platforms could also keep those shows/make money even without the same audience numbers would be selling merch, selling stuff for the hardcore fandoms. Cons! Give them something back, cause wlw fans, even if not much in numbers, are loyal, they will buy, they will give social media attention and maybe there are ways to make it worth even if with less audience.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 14:02
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They're really out there tweeting stuff like this as if FK and ALOTO didn't happen and gathered (a lot more) fans just a few months before to renew and save shows. heck, even MFS as done as much

this type of behaviour of trying to make a certain ship above everything else that they deny all that other people have done before and think they're bigger?
even in terms of engagement, WN doesn't come close to FK or ALOTO.
I've seen some of them making out like WN is on a par with Stranger Things because of the rotten tomatoes audience scores being similar.

As pathetic as I find it all, it's also kinda sad. You just know a lot of it being done by young fans who are letting renewal desperation get the better of them. They pin all the hope in their tiny little hearts on even the slightest of glimmer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 06:18
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 06:13
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:02
Streaming services releasing full seasons in one day really creates these pathetic fandoms that last a month and disappear… it was First Kill, then ALOTO and now Warrior Nun. They don’t have any staying power but for how short long they exist the weirdest behaviours jump from one to another.
To see the warrior nun fans going through the same illusions as the ones before is so jarring. Don’t people learn?
They truly think that having a certain amount of likes in a post says anything about a show’s audience.
Just don't know how to combat the tv show landscape becoming a homogeneous entity. My country local tv stations are either filled with reality tv shows or very hetro family drama.
da
That's not how we should be combatting that and fighting for representation, we need to focus on making networks and platforms understand that we as a community can't bring the same views as hets or gay men and they need to keep that in mind when making show with wlw characters. They shouldn't be viewing these shows through the same standards, it's not realistic and it's making these stans become insufferable without any results.
Da We may not be able to bring in the same views if you just look at the US ie ONE country. But a gay/lesbian show can be sold worldwide. I mean the L Word is massive worldwide and there is a lot of revenues in that.
It baffles me how often US networks block trailers based on location. Why do they refuse to advertise their show outside of the US? It’s mad. I know Americans are extremely self-centered but this is just good business sense.
Even if someone outside of the US can’t watch a show and will resort to pirating it, eventually they may buy the DVD boxset or buy it on iTunes if it’s available in their country or go to a convention, etc. Networks/platforms have to be smart about this and look at the bigger picture.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 16:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Streaming services releasing full seasons in one day really creates these pathetic fandoms that last a month and disappear… it was First Kill, then ALOTO and now Warrior Nun. They don’t have any staying power but for how short long they exist the weirdest behaviours jump from one to another.
To see the warrior nun fans going through the same illusions as the ones before is so jarring. Don’t people learn?
They truly think that having a certain amount of likes in a post says anything about a show’s audience.
Just don't know how to combat the tv show landscape becoming a homogeneous entity. My country local tv stations are either filled with reality tv shows or very hetro family drama.
da
That's not how we should be combatting that and fighting for representation, we need to focus on making networks and platforms understand that we as a community can't bring the same views as hets or gay men and they need to keep that in mind when making show with wlw characters. They shouldn't be viewing these shows through the same standards, it's not realistic and it's making these stans become insufferable without any results.
Da We may not be able to bring in the same views if you just look at the US ie ONE country. But a gay/lesbian show can be sold worldwide. I mean the L Word is massive worldwide and there is a lot of revenues in that.
It baffles me how often US networks block trailers based on location. Why do they refuse to advertise their show outside of the US? It’s mad. I know Americans are extremely self-centered but this is just good business sense.
Even if someone outside of the US can’t watch a show and will resort to pirating it, eventually they may buy the DVD boxset or buy it on iTunes if it’s available in their country or go to a convention, etc. Networks/platforms have to be smart about this and look at the bigger picture.
And this is so true for wlw fans because the biggest numbers are actually in Asia, those are the ones who can bring views and they should try to make shows accessible to them. Like China has a massive wlw fandom and you know a show made it when they start paying attention to it. I remember Juliantina was huge because the fandom was international and Chinese fans loved it.
The thing is creators do not care, they also don't care about what we want to see. It seems that they think we are so desperate for representation that anything will, do when we have proven time and time again that it doesn't work that way. Fans want good writing, chemistry, good actors, hell attractive actresses. And idk why we're shamed for saying that when the standard for het actors is being attractive first and talented second.
If you look at every pairing that made it, they were all played by attractive actresses and had decent writing. Lesbians have a right to be shallow and enjoy these things and should be catered to as well, and that's when you can at least bring good numbers even if they still don't compare.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 16:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da
And this is so true for wlw fans because the biggest numbers are actually in Asia, those are the ones who can bring views and they should try to make shows accessible to them. Like China has a massive wlw fandom and you know a show made it when they start paying attention to it. I remember Juliantina was huge because the fandom was international and Chinese fans loved it.
The thing is creators do not care, they also don't care about what we want to see. It seems that they think we are so desperate for representation that anything will, do when we have proven time and time again that it doesn't work that way. Fans want good writing, chemistry, good actors, hell attractive actresses. And idk why we're shamed for saying that when the standard for het actors is being attractive first and talented second.
If you look at every pairing that made it, they were all played by attractive actresses and had decent writing. Lesbians have a right to be shallow and enjoy these things and should be catered to as well, and that's when you can at least bring good numbers even if they still don't compare.
Right. Asia and Europe (I’m in Europe) are big overseas markets. Movie execs know this so why can’t showrunners of lesbian shows figure it out? Think globally instead of being US-centric. They can sort of manage to remember that other Anglo countries exist (Australia, UK) so why not the rest of the world? Lesbians all over the world crave representation. I know we’ve all watched shows in languages we don’t understand (and sometimes with no subtitles!) because there happens to be a lesbian couple. Completely agree with the rest of your comment: yes chemistry and attractiveness matter.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Right. Asia and Europe (I’m in Europe) are big overseas markets. Movie execs know this so why can’t showrunners of lesbian shows figure it out? Think globally instead of being US-centric. They can sort of manage to remember that other Anglo countries exist (Australia, UK) so why not the rest of the world? Lesbians all over the world crave representation. I know we’ve all watched shows in languages we don’t understand (and sometimes with no subtitles!) because there happens to be a lesbian couple. Completely agree with the rest of your comment: yes chemistry and attractiveness matter.
The same way we want networks to make series with lesbians even if the general audience doesn’t want them, we should be ok with networks to have series with your not typical attractive lesbians too.
The movie industry is a lot worse than TV, they don’t do lesbians at all, if it wasn’t for TV we would be fucked.

Even within all the lesbian/bi woman characters, only very few and relationships gather an active fandom. A character and relationship should not need an active fandom to exist.

Shippers have gotten so used to fight among themselves, wanting their ship of the moment to be better than everything else and trashing other ships. It becomes less and less about representation but about the flavour of the week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
The same way we want networks to make series with lesbians even if the general audience doesn’t want them, we should be ok with networks to have series with your not typical attractive lesbians too.
The movie industry is a lot worse than TV, they don’t do lesbians at all, if it wasn’t for TV we would be fucked.

Even within all the lesbian/bi woman characters, only very few and relationships gather an active fandom. A character and relationship should not need an active fandom to exist.

Shippers have gotten so used to fight among themselves, wanting their ship of the moment to be better than everything else and trashing other ships. It becomes less and less about representation but about the flavour of the week.
Why though? Especially knowing that wlw fans do prefer attractive characters as proven time and time again. If you want to get the maximum hype then deliver at least. Yes we can't generate the same viewership, but we can also do quite well if we get something that attracts everyone. People act as if shows like FK had every lesbian liking it or rooting for that ship when many hated the show and didn't click with the couple. Now compare it with the hype couples like Juliantina had, they took the internet by storm back then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

This doesn't mean anything at all.

Networks already "understand they can't expect the same views", which is why they're going to make less and less f/f stuff from now on. Of course they don't care about representation. Do you think they do? Or that anyone else actually thinks they do? They're not a government service, they don’t have or see any obligation to reach out to you.

They will not seek out an alternative way to make f/f shows work. Why would they? They don't care about catering to you for the sake of it, and that's time and energy they could be using to make more Is It Cake?
Can none of you read -
*closer*
They aren't going to succeed. That's not the point I was making, which I can spell out a second or third time if you want?

The point is the theory is sound, they just haven't got the means to pull it off.

Netflix is not solely concerned with ratings, in very specific circumstances it does weigh buzz/hype/etc into the equation. FK/WN fans are essentially trying to present themselves as a free resource - they're not going to do that to the extent it saves their shows, but it is just about the only advantage the f/f audience has over GA.

They're trying to illustrate the value they have as an online footprint. It won't count for very much at all. But you are... wishing, for something to randomly change and start generating high quality big budget stuff out of the blue because Netflix and Co should for some reason just "understand" that it will underperform and accept that and make it anyway just because. Which counts for nothing.

"Closer" by millimetres.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why though? Especially knowing that wlw fans do prefer attractive characters as proven time and time again. If you want to get the maximum hype then deliver at least. Yes we can't generate the same viewership, but we can also do quite well if we get something that attracts everyone. People act as if shows like FK had every lesbian liking it or rooting for that ship when many hated the show and didn't click with the couple. Now compare it with the hype couples like Juliantina had, they took the internet by storm back then.
So you want what the majority of the audience wishes? If that was the rational you’d never get lesbian characters at all.

I want POCs to be represented too even though I know most wlw fans don’t care about them cause they don’t find them attractive or whatever excuse they use.
A black lesbian character always has less chances of being liked compared to a white lesbian character, and that is no reason for black lesbians to not be written.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Networks already "understand they can't expect the same views", which is why they're going to make less and less f/f stuff from now on. Of course they don't care about representation. Do you think they do? Or that anyone else actually thinks they do? They're not a government service, they don’t have or see any obligation to reach out to you.

They will not seek out an alternative way to make f/f shows work. Why would they? They don't care about catering to you for the sake of it, and that's time and energy they could be using to make more Is It Cake?
Can none of you read -
*closer*
They aren't going to succeed. That's not the point I was making, which I can spell out a second or third time if you want?

The point is the theory is sound, they just haven't got the means to pull it off.

Netflix is not solely concerned with ratings, in very specific circumstances it does weigh buzz/hype/etc into the equation. FK/WN fans are essentially trying to present themselves as a free resource - they're not going to do that to the extent it saves their shows, but it is just about the only advantage the f/f audience has over GA.

They're trying to illustrate the value they have as an online footprint. It won't count for very much at all. But you are... wishing, for something to randomly change and start generating high quality big budget stuff out of the blue because Netflix and Co should for some reason just "understand" that it will underperform and accept that and make it anyway just because. Which counts for nothing.

"Closer" by millimetres.
Lol what? Of course they won’t do less f/f things from now on. Every year there has been more and that will continue. Where did you even take that conclusion?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So you want what the majority of the audience wishes? If that was the rational you’d never get lesbian characters at all.

I want POCs to be represented too even though I know most wlw fans don’t care about them cause they don’t find them attractive or whatever excuse they use.
A black lesbian character always has less chances of being liked compared to a white lesbian character, and that is no reason for black lesbians to not be written.
But wait why are you assuming that when i said attractive = white? My woc ass right now is offended.. The thing is even when they cast actresses of color it's like they pick up the first actress they find, it's as if they don't believe they are capable of being talented. Attractiveness matters, but so does talent and good writing. The actress from FK was attractive, but her acting left a lot to be desired and the writing was bad so many people didn't click with the couple because of her stony expressions and whatever that mess was. Yes attractiveness matters, but it's not like i said that should be the only standard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can none of you read -
*closer*

"Closer" by millimetres.
Lol what? Of course they won’t do less f/f things from now on. Every year there has been more and that will continue. Where did you even take that conclusion?
da Idk what this anon is on about, deep down networks might not give a shit but for their image they'll continue to produce wlw and gay content because it's important to their marketing. So since they'll continue doing it, why not do something to make sure they also remain on air something that might work unlike the useless petitions and hashtags.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:41
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Can none of you read -
*closer*

"Closer" by millimetres.
da Idk what this anon is on about, deep down networks might not give a shit but for their image they'll continue to produce wlw and gay content because it's important to their marketing. So since they'll continue doing it, why not do something to make sure they also remain on air something that might work unlike the useless petitions and hashtags.
Lol exactly. Networks know they need gay content and they will keep producing it, it’s good for them to wave the flag and marketing image, even if it doesn’t give them as much money.

So, if we know they will keep producing it, why don’t we try to actually get the good out of it?

Take netflix, i am not trying to defend them, but they put out as much gay content alone as nearly all other services combined. We can say we will close our accounts but at the end of the day they’re the ones making that gay content. And know they will keep doing so, lets raise the bar to things that general audience will also be into so they can last longer, bring the quality. Why can’t their biggest shows have f/f storylines?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

(Just off the "The World to Come" TWTC thread... wow, what pathetic losers the entire lot of them... they indeed all need an intervention... and that crazy 'shipper Anon just outdid herself 100 times!)

"x100
I'm absolutely curious about this too. I wanna know everything Vanessa does w/ this man, his sister, and his entire family. I wanna know every cosmetic procedure she has done and is gonna do to her face, body, and especially her butt. I wanna talk all day and night about how Vanessa is nothing other than straight, has never been anything but straight, and will absolutely remain straight in the future until hell freezes over. But here's what I really am dying to know... how a relationship with Katherine was never gonna happen under any circumstances no matter what's transpired in the past between them and despite the nothingness that's between them now and in light of the never-gonna-happen-ever that's their foreordained future according to this G-dforsaken thread. (There... now watch my post get copy-pasted and ridiculed on the "Most Pathetic Shippers" thread, this TWTC thread get reported multiple times for all its recent forbidden het talk -- even under spoilers, and finally this thread get CLOSED DOWN for backstabbing and betraying our beloved KIRBSTON!) I am fucking outta here... good G-ddamn riddance to Vanessa Kirby and the whole fucking lot of you kiss-her-liposucked-ass losers!!!"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TWTC might be the worst thread on here and thats saying something

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah, most people move on after some time when the show or a movie ends, that movie was released 2 years ago and they are still blabbing about the actresses who are obviously straight. Even Hailee S shippers calmed down since Dickinson ended.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Once Upon a Time thread is pretty embarrassing but it's just people being bitter over an actress they all now dislike for some reason which I guess is fairly on brand for L Chat, the TWTC thread has long gone past being mockworthy, it is genuinely disturbing to read, like, I do not find it funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But what the hell was special about that movie to warrant this insanity? It was a depressing meh movie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 23:22
The Once Upon a Time thread is pretty embarrassing but it's just people being bitter over an actress they all now dislike for some reason which I guess is fairly on brand for L Chat, the TWTC thread has long gone past being mockworthy, it is genuinely disturbing to read, like, I do not find it funny.
Why do they hate the actress now? Reminds me of the Glee days when the shippers eventually turned their irrational adoration to irrarional hate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The growth phase of streaming when stuff like OITNB was possible is over. There are no new pockets of non-streaming audiences to tap, so platforms are going to be left squabbling over existing viewers and trying to round up as many as possible in one go.

That means a few big crowd pleasing blockbusters like House of the Dragon surrounded by bargain basement junk, and then lots of mergers and buyouts. And it means that the overall tone content is going to get more generic and conservative - small c - to try to have the broadest reach.

Look at the theatrical movie industry to see where it's heading. Big, generic, toothless interchangeable IP entries.

You don't have to believe me now, but in five years time, see if I was wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And know they will keep doing so, lets raise the bar to things that general audience will also be into so they can last longer, bring the quality. Why can’t their biggest shows have f/f storylines?
You are still saying this like it actually means something.

What does it mean? How do you do this? What is it in practice? What does doing this look like that not doing it doesn't?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Incels/Musk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can someone explain to me how Warrior Nun dropped out of the top 10 in the US so quickly? I don’t get it, daily viral tweets and a rabid fanbase. A male co-worker actually recommended it to me. Are stans streaming these shows illegally?

I’m pretty sure First Kill did better. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:13
The growth phase of streaming when stuff like OITNB was possible is over. There are no new pockets of non-streaming audiences to tap, so platforms are going to be left squabbling over existing viewers and trying to round up as many as possible in one go.

That means a few big crowd pleasing blockbusters like House of the Dragon surrounded by bargain basement junk, and then lots of mergers and buyouts. And it means that the overall tone content is going to get more generic and conservative - small c - to try to have the broadest reach.

Look at the theatrical movie industry to see where it's heading. Big, generic, toothless interchangeable IP entries.

You don't have to believe me now, but in five years time, see if I was wrong.
It won’t take 5 years, it’s already here. Have you looked at Netflix and it’s current slate of programming? It’s some of the most forgettable shows you will ever see.

The best we can hope for is that one of the streamers makes a decisive push to attract LGBTQ subscribers worldwide by investing in a substantial amount of decent quality content.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:22
Can someone explain to me how Warrior Nun dropped out of the top 10 in the US so quickly? I don’t get it, daily viral tweets and a rabid fanbase. A male co-worker actually recommended it to me. Are stans streaming these shows illegally?

TW got released during a period of time when Netflix dropped a lot more original content in anticipation of the holiday season. After the initial surge of TW fans binging the series it was bound to fall pretty fast given it didn’t have that big of a fan base to begin with and it’s honestly not that good of a show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Many popular shows released new season last week and this week.
General audience will always win against rabid fanbase no matter what. If gp is not interested in your show, you're doom.
Unless your fanbase is massive IP like Marvel or Harry Potter.... you won't stand a chance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Many good shows were released then and tbh its not good at all, it's like it was written by a teenage fanfiction writer. And they lost their best character imo this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol: I like the shipper pushing Juliantina in this thread like it was some incredible phenomenon, and that's what we should be striving for as representation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Bad release month. FK released during Pride month. WN released with no promo and against a packed lineup.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:46
:lol: I like the shipper pushing Juliantina in this thread like it was some incredible phenomenon, and that's what we should be striving for as representation.
Different anon but gotta admit they were really popular and the actresses were pretty, had chemistry and could kiss, but that writing was awful and offensive and for that idk why it's considered something. I guess some of us are shallow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:41
Guest wrote:

Many good shows were released then and tbh its not good at all, it's like it was written by a teenage fanfiction writer. And they lost their best character imo this season.
Mary was a terrible clichéd character played by a very limited and unattractive actress. Nobody missed her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:47
Guest wrote:

Bad release month. FK released during Pride month. WN released with no promo and against a packed lineup.
What packed lineup, only Elite and The Crown are popular. Not even Dead to me is that strong.
FK fans also said no promo. It’s just reusing the same arguments.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 07:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What packed lineup, only Elite and The Crown are popular. Not even Dead to me is that strong.
I'm not WN fan but this month is very packed anon.
Manifest, 1899, Love is blind is super popular among gp, everyone knows that.
But WN is also weak, they let some animation and documentary kicked them out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 07:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Those were released weeks ago, and anyways, still don’t push out of top 10. The OP comparing to FK and how FK was doing better was right. Which ok, but WN fans were saying the opposite

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 07:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Those were released weeks ago, and anyways, still don’t push out of top 10. The OP comparing to FK and how FK was doing better was right. Which ok, but WN fans were saying the opposite
Again, not a WN fan but Manifest or Love is blind just related before WN a week, The crown released the same week, 1899, Dead to me, Elite released after them a week. They're kinda sandwich between popular shows. Still WN is weak af they could still hang on to US top 10 if they were good to keep audience attention.

I just checked Netflix June release , they were mostly stand up comedy and two only popular TV show Peaky Blinders, The Umbrella Academy. And it's a pride month.

You can compare them but situation is not really the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 07:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Again, not a WN fan but Manifest or Love is blind just related before WN a week, The crown released the same week, 1899, Dead to me, Elite released after them a week. They're kinda sandwich between popular shows. Still WN is weak af they could still hang on to US top 10 if they were good to keep audience attention.

I just checked Netflix June release , they were mostly stand up comedy and two only popular TV show Peaky Blinders, The Umbrella Academy. And it's a pride month.

da Everything about this show screams Netflix just wanted to get rid of it and be over with it because they knew it wasn't going anywhere. I doubt they'd release it during that period if they cared. The show is also bad, i really wanted to like it mainly for the female cast, but i thought it was badly written and that Jesus guy was a whole comedy show. It's like the showrunner was confused on what type of show he was going for, you just can't mix comedy and serious religious mystery like that. And the FF couple that everyone and their mom is hyping made no sense, had no build up, had no chemistry and that kiss was embarrassing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 07:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da Everything about this show screams Netflix just wanted to get rid of it and be over with it because they knew it wasn't going anywhere. I doubt they'd release it during that period if they cared. The show is also bad, i really wanted to like it mainly for the female cast, but i thought it was badly written and that Jesus guy was a whole comedy show. It's like the showrunner was confused on what type of show he was going for, you just can't mix comedy and serious religious mystery like that. And the FF couple that everyone and their mom is hyping made no sense, had no build up, had no chemistry and that kiss was embarrassing.
The show made a really really tiny impression when s1 released. Even people in the fandom who have been around for long enough to know the early days will say as much, they are themselves buzzing off the way the interest has grown significantly since s2 dropped. But Netflix's strategy for the s2 release will have been dictated by the minimal response of the first. If they did no real promo and slotted it into a busy schedule then they were indeed burying it because they likely believed nobody cared for it.

It's tricky to say if the streaming numbers are an indication that still nobody does. Pretty much the whole point of fodder shows being sandwiched around the big ones is to manipulate there being no bounce in viewership so that cancellation can be easier justified.

The increase in sm buzz is about 90% avatrice related. But it doesn't matter whether the buzz is over the ship or the show itself when it comes to the GA because hashtags aren't being seen by the masses either way. I suppose the ship buzz could spread enough to result in a fairly decent number of viewers by f/f twitter standards checking out the show late, but it won't make any difference to the streaming figures in a meaningful way. And even if did by some miracle add +000,000 streams to the total, it won't happen quickly enough to impact on Netflix's position. Shows only get one chance and it has to be an immediate first week hit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When that Miss international couple breaks up, the all hell is going to break loose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where do fans get this idea that f/f shippers have a real impact in the audience of a tv series? Has that ever happened? Shows are most likely to lose hetero viewers.
Except a show like L Word that is targeted to that audience and the network lives with that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 20:49
Where do fans get this idea that f/f shippers have a real impact in the audience of a tv series? Has that ever happened? Shows are most likely to lose hetero viewers.
Except a show like L Word that is targeted to that audience and the network lives with that.
The only pairing I can think of that had impact was Clexa. And even then they had to compete with Bellarke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Stranger Things part 4 was also out at the same time so FK had more competition than WN actually. Not a fan of either but OP is right FK did better. WN has already fallen out of us top 1 after a week. The hype warranted or not is not the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:06
Guest wrote:
The only pairing I can think of that had impact was Clexa. And even then they had to compete with Bellarke.
As a ship Clexa had one of the biggest, if not the biggest, impact on SM and press but it didn't really have an impact on the audience of the show because they still got 4 (?) seasons after that. I know the ratings went down but it wasn't enough to kill that thing lol It did have an impact outside of the show when it comes to representation but not on the show itself.

Wynonna Earp is the only example I have, because Syfy cared a lot about buzz and SM, and their ratings weren't great but not bad for Syfy. The show clearly survived 4 seasons thanks to the ship and the fans.

It's only one example so imo, a show can't and won't survive just because of one ship. And it also works for straight ships btw. Just look at Elite for example, they keep destroying every ship, m/m, w/f and m/f, some of them had a lot of fans and that thing is still getting renewed :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Stranger Things part 4 was also out at the same time so FK had more competition than WN actually. Not a fan of either but OP is right FK did better. WN has already fallen out of us top 1 after a week. The hype warranted or not is not the same.
Few people could finish FK so it didn't do well at all. As you will remember that was what resulted in it be cancelled. We do not yet know WN completion rate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:49
Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:06
Guest wrote:
As a ship Clexa had one of the biggest, if not the biggest, impact on SM and press but it didn't really have an impact on the audience of the show because they still got 4 (?) seasons after that. I know the ratings went down but it wasn't enough to kill that thing lol It did have an impact outside of the show when it comes to representation but not on the show itself.

Wynonna Earp is the only example I have, because Syfy cared a lot about buzz and SM, and their ratings weren't great but not bad for Syfy. The show clearly survived 4 seasons thanks to the ship and the fans.

It's only one example so imo, a show can't and won't survive just because of one ship. And it also works for straight ships btw. Just look at Elite for example, they keep destroying every ship, m/m, w/f and m/f, some of them had a lot of fans and that thing is still getting renewed :lol:
Even with the SM impact, Clexa didn’t impact anything on how f/f romances are written, and for shipping to have any audience impact you need to have a very very small audience by default.

So constant delusional comments of how f/f shippers can make or break a show have no substance, which is something i see as a belief in most wlw fandoms