Dead to Me

Reactions:

Re: Dead to Me

Post by Guest »

Netflix cancelling yet another show after the 3rd season. Shocker.
At least they get to have a proper send off. Who knows when they're gonna film it though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Better to end it before it jumps the shark I guess.

I hope they bring back Natalie Morales :wub: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SEASON 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Liz Feldman has recently signed a deal with Netflix, so hopefully that means more shows like this and maybe more gay characters.

Humpty Dumpty
Reactions: 1

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Guest wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 19:41
Liz Feldman has recently signed a deal with Netflix, so hopefully that means more shows like this and maybe more gay characters.
so happy the show has been renewed! :grouphug:

WannabeAnon
Veteran
Reactions: 128

Post by WannabeAnon »

anidifrancobutgay wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 01:21
Guest wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:01
Lovvvvvvvved Judy and Michelle, Michelle is super hot :$ gotta say though I was super underwhelmed by the last ep
I was very sad that
I also think Natalie Morales is very hot. I remember seeing her in something else, pausing it, and looking up if she’s gay. Is it the voice? I don’t know. She’s yummy.
Nat is cute, but she should keep her hair down. She looks like a bobble head with her hair up. What has been seen cannot be unseen. <_<
=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 13:01
Lovvvvvvvved Judy and Michelle, Michelle is super hot :$ gotta say though I was super underwhelmed by the last ep

Humpty Dumpty
Reactions: 1

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Guest wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 17:20
Netflix cancelling yet another show after the 3rd season. Shocker.
At least they get to have a proper send off. Who knows when they're gonna film it though.
I don't see this as a cancelation. Also 3 seasons are pretty decent. everything usually sucks after 3 seasons anyway. it's for the best. I'll miss the characters though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yaaaaaaaaay can't wait s3. I didn't realise the creator is the same woman who made that One Big Happy show with Elisha Cuthbert as a lesbian. I remember at the time I watched the trailer and thought it looked awful, now i'm bored in lockdown so decided to watch it and I actually really like it lmao, sad it only had like 6 eps.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just came here after I binge watched the first 2 seasons and before this thread will disappear again I have to recommend this great show to everyone here who hasn‘t seen it yet.

Exzellent casting, the two leads have amazing chemistry, the plot is nice and tbh the wlw content was surprisingly good! A pleasure to watch.

pollyanna
Reactions:

Post by pollyanna »

I agree and recommend this show. It is a hoot. Full of surprises. Fun. Applegate is great in her role, they both are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish it had more than 3 season, but then I think the plot would get convoluted if it did. I hope Christina and Linda do another project together because I would have never known they didnt know each other before this project.
To the new viewers, definitely go and watch their interviews on YouTube for the first season. They interview so well together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does the wlw couple have chemistry?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 10:30
Imo they do, not as much as the 2 leads though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 13:58
Guest wrote:
IA. I don't think it's worth watching for the canon f/f tbh, it's unlikely to end well and it's very far from being the heart of the show, which is the relationship between Jen and Judy. Who do have tons of chemistry, and imo it's very possible to read subtext into it, but I would bet money that it will remain a platonic friendship even if one of them is canonically bi now. I really really liked the series overall and I would definitely recommend if you're just looking for a good show to watch, but not for that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 14:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
IA. I don't think it's worth watching for the canon f/f tbh, it's unlikely to end well and it's very far from being the heart of the show, which is the relationship between Jen and Judy. Who do have tons of chemistry, and imo it's very possible to read subtext into it, but I would bet money that it will remain a platonic friendship even if one of them is canonically bi now. I really really liked the series overall and I would definitely recommend if you're just looking for a good show to watch, but not for that.
Second anon and I agree. The show is worth watching even without the ww storyline.
I've binged it for the second time this weekend and Im pretty sure it's not the last time. Its definitely one of my favorite shows and one of the best I've watched in the last couple of years. And the chemistry between Jen and Judy is definitely the main reason. I think it safe to say they will never be more then friends and I'm fine with that (although it is a shame sucha great chemistry can not be fully explored. Same as with 2 leads on Glow). I'm also in love with Judy / Linda Cardellini and am a big fan of Christina Applegate, so it's perfect all around.

Petty
Veteran
Reactions: 126

Post by Petty »

i binged this show about a month ago... i went in totally blind and was glad i did. the wlw story was a great surprise. all of the women have so much chemistry and its just plan entertaining. I know its tempting to ship Judy and Jen but i think their friendship is so good i think anything sexual would spoil it.

Glad it got picked up for a S3!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 15:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Second anon and I agree. The show is worth watching even without the ww storyline.
I've binged it for the second time this weekend and Im pretty sure it's not the last time. Its definitely one of my favorite shows and one of the best I've watched in the last couple of years. And the chemistry between Jen and Judy is definitely the main reason. I think it safe to say they will never be more then friends and I'm fine with that (although it is a shame sucha great chemistry can not be fully explored. Same as with 2 leads on Glow). I'm also in love with Judy / Linda Cardellini and am a big fan of Christina Applegate, so it's perfect all around.
Many hets ship Jen and Judy because they've natural on-screen chemistry. I'd love to see them as couple too but it's almost impossible.
Dead To Me is a very well written show but the plot has become too predictable and season 2 finale has already set up s3 storyline, Ben will relive the same things experienced first by July and then Jen and it's almost inevitable that Ben and Judy will end up being together, just as it's very likely that Jen and Michelle will get back together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 15:58
Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 15:43
Guest wrote:

Many hets ship Jen and Judy because they've natural on-screen chemistry. I'd love to see them as couple too but it's almost impossible.
Dead To Me is a very well written show but the plot has become too predictable and season 2 finale has already set up s3 storyline, Ben will relive the same things experienced first by July and then Jen and it's almost inevitable that Ben and Judy will end up being together, just as it's very likely that Jen and Michelle will get back together.
Well yeah, it's not the kind of show that can go on for 10 season, although I would totally watch 10 seasons of Jen & Judy just being friends and doing boring domestic stuff. I prefer shows about interpersonal relationships (mother/daughter, sisters, families, friends) and are more character then plot driven anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

they're gonna cancel it right before they become canon :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I haven't watched the show yet, do you think it is safe to do so or there is a risk they will cancel it? I read about they confirmed a third and last season but you never know nowadays.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most of the shows Netflix cancelled after renewal were renewed last year when there was no Coronavirus. Dead To Me was renewed in June this year, so they knew the virus would still be around and still renewed it. This cast isn't very big so I think it would take a lot for it to be cancelled.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 15:01
I haven't watched the show yet, do you think it is safe to do so or there is a risk they will cancel it? I read about they confirmed a third and last season but you never know nowadays.
Who knows. Its been in awards contention since its first season and Netflix does love that. It was top 10 in many countries(#1 in the US) so I think its safe ratings wise.

To the person above, the creator has said jen and judy will never be a couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 15:08
Most of the shows Netflix cancelled after renewal were renewed last year when there was no Coronavirus. Dead To Me was renewed in June this year, so they knew the virus would still be around and still renewed it. This cast isn't very big so I think it would take a lot for it to be cancelled.
Good point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Correcting myself: it was actually renewed in July. Point still stands though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 14:53
:eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You have a point. I'm going to watch this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 16:38
Guest wrote:
Da You definitely should. Even if it gets canceled ( which I really really hope it doesn't) you will not regret it, its a really nice show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 17:34
Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 16:38
Guest wrote:
Da You definitely should. Even if it gets canceled ( which I really really hope it doesn't) you will not regret it, its a really nice show.
I agree. It will be annoying if it's cancelled now as it's basically a comedy/thriller so you want there to be a satisfying plot resolution, but even if that happens I'll still have enjoyed watching it to this point for the characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 15:46
Guest wrote:
da but why the eyeroll? so what if op wants them to be a couple this is a lesbian space.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 17:49
Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 15:46
Guest wrote:
da but why the eyeroll? so what if op wants them to be a couple this is a lesbian space.
DA I would like them to be a couple too but when the showrunner has said that's not the story they're telling, talking like it's going to be canon is a little delusional, not to mention misleading to someone who might see that and watch the show expecting it to be something it isn't, which could lead to disappointment when they might have still enjoyed it going in with more accurate expectations (or decided not to watch in that case, which is fine too). I don't think there's anything wrong with still shipping Jen/Judy anyway, and again, I would rather see it than the canon ship, but it's not fun if this turns into another war on the showrunner, who imo is not actually guilty of homophobia or queerbaiting in this case.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They started season 3 today :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by 47... »

Hooray!! :dance2: FINALLY!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ohh sweeet!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This absolutely SUCKS. My condolences with miss Applegate

Breast cancer and now MS....

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/christ ... 235038116/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So sad for Christina, just this past weekend I had finished rewatching Dead to me.
I'm sure she has access to the best treatments but it's still shitty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 00:24
This absolutely SUCKS. My condolences with miss Applegate

Breast cancer and now MS....

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/christ ... 235038116/
Oh no :'( My thoughts go out to her and her family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are ways to live with MS and cope pretty good living a fulfilled life. Hopefully she will have access to some of the best treatments

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone seen the photos of Linda and Christina on set? Not sure how I feel :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 02:06
Has anyone seen the photos of Linda and Christina on set? Not sure how I feel :hmmm:
I loved DTM and was obsessed with it, but with the news about Christina’s illness, I just cannot watch it anymore, it’s sucked all the joy out of it, knowing that she’s unwell 😭😭😭 I hate it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I clicked on article and looked at pics... She looks really unwell :unsure: ... makes me sad how life can be so cruel to some... she's gone through so much already. she can live with MS a very long time and not have much pain but the emotional trauma must be hurtful enough. you could see the toll and pain in these pics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just caught up with the show.
I LOVE it. it's my fave show since a long time. I'm sad knowing it's the last season but knowing Neflix record and Christina's illness (my prayers go out to her) I guess it's for the best.

I can't express what Jen and Judy, as single characters and as the friendship (I feel that's reductive, more like their deep rs), mean to me. It's very rare to find a show that's therapeutic to you and this is it for me.

It's a bonus it has a f/f ship or a bi character. About that, I'm not really into the actress that plays Michelle (maybe cause I'm so in awe with Linda that noone can match her imo) she's not very good and just meh but I guess her awkwardness matches Judy's. Bottom line, I'd like if they introduced a new female love interest for Judy but I guess there's no more time to introduce someone who would have a meaningful rs with her so I rather have Michelle for Judy than some man.

Finally, my praise go to Christina. She's so good and Jen is a character I will forever remember. But OMG Linda. I don't think she gets enough praise for her work. I'm a fan for life now. I have a huge crush on Judy but even more I can see how talented Linda is. Thanks to her (and the writers) Judy has become one of my fave characters of all time, her good heart, her humor, her charm, her softness, her personality...I could go on and on.
We really won't get more lucky than this. It'll be hard to find a show to replace these powerful emotional female characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Season 3 trailer drops today. I'm so excited. 🥳 🎉

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sadly I don't think there will be anything lesbian in season 3. The f/f storyline in season 2 only lasted a few episodes then it was over.

Looking forward to seeing how the show wraps up though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 18:37
This looks more a recap than S3 trailer, I want more. :bigcry:
How many times they said to be friends? :lol: Got it, there's not a single chance to see them together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 19:10
Guest wrote:
How many times they said to be friends? :lol: Got it, there's not a single chance to see them together.
Yeah, not much from the new season, but it still got me excited.
And I don't care if they get together romantically (I think we all know they probably won't), they are still soulmates to me and I refuse to see their relationship as just friendship.
Also, there's been so many shows with these kinda FF relationships where the women have so much chemistry and the writing is so ambiguous: Glow, Dead to me, Kevin can f himself just the ones that come to mind. I don't know if they write it like that on purpose, but I need at least one of them to finally develop into something more. KCFHS probably has a better chance for that though..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 19:10
Guest wrote:
It's just a teaser.. There should be more in the trailer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love their dynamic and this show but I only see them as friends, i dont ship them at all and I am sure they will never go there which I am glad.

I wish they had put more effort into Judy and Michelle. Or get someone new for Judy.