Netflix

Reactions:

Re: Netflix

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 16:48
Bridgerton Netflix's biggest series ever? The fuck. Is it seriously good? I hate period pieces and it also looks far too het to even struggle through.
Don't trust too much the Netflix's numbers. It's not calculated on actual views but projections/estimations and they are very light on what they consider a view. Basically, all of Netflix's series nowadays and their numbers aren't reflecting reality and aren't as seen as they pretend to be but they're hyped, that's for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 01:03
Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 00:46
Meh Asia is very conservative
I am liking the south korea content tho, they have some awesome filmakers.

And to the anon suggesting weekly realeases? No.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Bridgerton Netflix's biggest series ever? The fuck. Is it seriously good? I hate period pieces and it also looks far too het to even struggle through.
Didn't Netflix count only the first 2 minutes? I watched only the first episode but stop in the middle of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watching Bridgerton out of curiosity and it isn't bad. Feels like a CW show but the writing and acting are all really good, maybe not the lead guy.
This show is just weirdly watchable lol Only way I can describe it is if a BBC and CW made a period drama together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alex on Snowpiercer seems pretty gay. She's played by Rowan Blanchard.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

One of the couples appears to be a lesbian couple.
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Zing
Reactions: 123

Post by Zing »

Guest wrote:
I enjoyed it, and I’m the last person you’d catch watching shows based in that era. Hype & numbers are real, imo.

I watched Friendsgiving & Firefly Lane recently (only because of Katherine Heigl) they were good. Have way too much time on my hands as of late, and I’m surprised at how my attention span is allowing me to sit through .. almost everything.

soccergrl
Reactions: 1

Post by soccergrl »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 16:35
:hug: :goldstar:
Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 11:34
Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 10:56

You want Shonda to write lesbians after the Calzona shit feast?
DA who's the worst? Murphy or Shonda?
Shonda is worse. Murphy tries and hence sometimes fails. Shonda is just a diversity virtue signaller. What has she done but inflict the shit known as Clazona upon us.
I feel like we should have foreseen that the first season of Shonda’s first show would be super racy, super hetero sex. I, and maybe I’m alone in this, expected this show to be the perfect hetero fantasy of what she couldn’t show on ABC. I don’t consider her a particularly gay writing icon, so I’m not surprised.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 19:35
Guest wrote:
Didn't Netflix count only the first 2 minutes? I watched only the first episode but stop in the middle of it.
We could barely get through epi 1. Period costume soap opera. Unlikely to see more.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Zing wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 02:00
Guest wrote:
I enjoyed it, and I’m the last person you’d catch watching shows based in that era. Hype & numbers are real, imo.

I watched Friendsgiving & Firefly Lane recently (only because of Katherine Heigl) they were good. Have way too much time on my hands as of late, and I’m surprised at how my attention span is allowing me to sit through .. almost everything.
Loved Bridgerton. And the hype is in fact totally real. Straight girls couldn't talk about enough when it first came out. The buzz around it was just insane. Not the manufactured pre-premiere buzz like Emily in Paris but genuine omg fking luvit buzz after it came out. It reminded me of the buzz around Queen's Gambit with how much people were talking about it.

Zing
Reactions: 123

Post by Zing »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 02:54
Zing wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 02:00
Guest wrote:

Loved Bridgerton. And the hype is in fact totally real. Straight girls couldn't talk about enough when it first came out. The buzz around it was just insane. Not the manufactured pre-premiere buzz like Emily in Paris but genuine omg fking luvit buzz after it came out. It reminded me of the buzz around Queen's Gambit with how much people were talking about it.
I didn’t see any pre-premiere buzz behind Emily in Paris, I think the buzz behind that was due to people NOT expecting it to be that good, making others curious in the process. However I did see the hype behind Queens Gambit and I think the Bridgerton hype excelled that and had some racial/historical controversies behind it which made the conversation larger and blew it out the park.

Loved all three shows although I’m struggling to finish the last few episodes of Queens Gambit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Enjoyed Bridgerton until the latter half got a bit boring. Might also be Page's brow acting that was annoying the shit out of me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Daughter from another mother is really fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now I get it :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 02:58
Now I get it :nails:
Yeah, this is no surprise. Netflix dominates awards season every year and it's not because they have the best shows.

Shelby
Veteran

Post by Shelby »

Who even likes Emily in Paris? I only ever see it getting dragged on social media.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Btw Shonda Rimes didn't create bridgerton, she's the producer. jfyi

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

IDK wtf is Ginny and Georgia but Netflix shouldn't apologize to TRA fucking Swift for some stupid joke she is such a snowflake ffs

Cheers
Reactions:

Post by Cheers »

Guest. wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:39
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 14:56
Anya Taylor Joy WOW
DA, mood. I’m obsessed with her after watching The Queen’s Gambit. I always liked her but she really impressed me with this. Also I personally really loved this series, my favorite released this year tbh. It had its cliches but it was so compelling to watch imo and this is coming from someone who couldn’t careless about chess. I still don’t know how they were able to make this game interesting to me. :lol:

Also surprisingly, none of the relationships on the show were prominent because Beth only cared about chess and winning. Like yeah she sleeps with people but she brushes off anyone who catches feelings cause she’s just never interested lmfao. I like how it was implied that she was bi though since Cleo was in her bed in 106, I didn’t see that plot twist happening lol; I did think their scenes were quite flirty so that was a nice little surprise imo.

This was one of those shows where I didn’t even care that there was barely any gay in it though because I just enjoyed it so much. I’ve already rewatched it twice. :P I hope Anya gets awards recognition for this cause she definitely deserves it.
Appreciate this lil review because I was gonna ask is Queens Gambit a good watch?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Feb 2021, 19:35
Guest wrote:
Yeah, they count it as a view if you watch 2 minutes of a hour long show. Pretty ridiculous but most people are hivemind nowdays and this kind of tactics works.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix should stop shoving out animes until they can get the quality up. Most are crap.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish Helen Sharpe was a lesbian on New Amsterdam. Actress is hot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 15:16
Girl on the train 2.0? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 21:47

IDK wtf is Ginny and Georgia but Netflix shouldn't apologize to TRA fucking Swift for some stupid joke she is such a snowflake ffs
Triggered....why can't she pull at Halle Berry at the Razzies and laugh at herself. Get a grip Swifty. Gosh I hope she doesn't have a Spitting Image puppet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 15:44
Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 15:16
Girl on the train 2.0? :nervous:
I didn’t like Girl on the Train, but the book for Woman in the Window is pretty good.

Rooktakesknight
Reactions:

Post by Rooktakesknight »

Cheers wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 00:05
Guest. wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:39
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 14:56
Anya Taylor Joy WOW
DA, mood. I’m obsessed with her after watching The Queen’s Gambit. I always liked her but she really impressed me with this. Also I personally really loved this series, my favorite released this year tbh. It had its cliches but it was so compelling to watch imo and this is coming from someone who couldn’t careless about chess. I still don’t know how they were able to make this game interesting to me. :lol:

Also surprisingly, none of the relationships on the show were prominent because Beth only cared about chess and winning. Like yeah she sleeps with people but she brushes off anyone who catches feelings cause she’s just never interested lmfao. I like how it was implied that she was bi though since Cleo was in her bed in 106, I didn’t see that plot twist happening lol; I did think their scenes were quite flirty so that was a nice little surprise imo.

This was one of those shows where I didn’t even care that there was barely any gay in it though because I just enjoyed it so much. I’ve already rewatched it twice. :P I hope Anya gets awards recognition for this cause she definitely deserves it.
Appreciate this lil review because I was gonna ask is Queens Gambit a good watch?
Parts of it are excellent. It does drag in some parts though...and I play chess - though you don't need to know anything about chess to watch & enjoy. I found myself fastwarding alot. It could have been pared down around 40%. Very pretty to look at though, great begining and ending.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched Ginny and Georgia. They make jokes of a lot of thing, that’s their kind of comedy.. roasting everyone.

The main character best friend is a lesbian by the way, extremely out and proud lesbian. And she has kind of a important role, probably the 3rd most important role of the series after Ginny and Georgia.

I thinks she is good representation for teens nowadays.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 15:51
Guest wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 21:47

Triggered....why can't she pull at Halle Berry at the Razzies and laugh at herself. Get a grip Swifty. Gosh I hope she doesn't have a Spitting Image puppet.
Hello 2016...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I enjoyed part 1.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentinelle has minor lesbian action but not worth it really. I thought girl in promo looked decent and so i decided to watch, she checks out a naked chick in a changeroom, so I thought, maybe she's a lesbian and yup but don't get excited about that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 18:25
Oh wow I didn't know it's going to have a season 2 it's been so long.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 18:25
Annie! Yas. I love her. Will watch for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 22:46
I think Riverdale is going bye bye in a season or two tops.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix doing Birdbox sequel(?) but set in Spain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sky Rojo is a new Netflix show from La casa de papel ( Money Heist) producers.

It follows 3 prostitutes who are trying to scape their pimp: theres drama, gun, drugs, etc etc.

1 of the girl is the actress from El embarcadero (the pier) and another girl is a lesbian.

They have already a second season in the works.

The lesbian is the blond one, (yes, she uses the word lesbian)

Here:

And here is the actress/singer who plays her, kissing a girl.. just for science (the thumbnail is a fake kiss :lol: )

I already watched and I like it. It can be a little raw and har in some scenes, but in general Im excited for season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 01:12

It follows 3 prostitutes who are trying to scape their pimp: theres drama, gun, drugs, etc etc.

1 of the girl is the actress from El embarcadero (the pier) and another girl is a lesbian.

Here:

And here is the actress/singer who plays her, kissing a girl.. just for science (the thumbnail is a fake kiss :lol: )

I already watched and I like it. It can be a little raw and har in some scenes, but in general Im excited for season 2.
Lesbian...that has sex with men, smh never change Netflix...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 06:49
Guest wrote:

Here:

Well if you want to know
I’m not about to defend Netflix, BUT this is a very real scenerario there are many lesbian who are prostitutes because of circumstances, some people here are too privileged to understand.

The series is very clear in what is doing, how is treating the prostitution madness, how even if is legal is not by choice the girls do it etc. It can be really fun at times and the actions scene where the girls always are the badasses is a plus but some parts can be hard to watch and at the end it makes a call about the whole thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 10:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Here:

Well if you want to know
I’m not about to defend Netflix, BUT this is a very real scenerario there are many lesbian who are prostitutes because of circumstances, some people here are too privileged to understand.

The series is very clear in what is doing, how is treating the prostitution madness, how even if is legal is not by choice the girls do it etc. It can be really fun at times and the actions scene where the girls always are the badasses is a plus but some parts can be hard to watch and at the end it makes a call about the whole thing.
I'm just too tired to deal with all this miserable shit Netflix and the tv producers throw at us.
Lately i started to use these threads as a way to avoid seeing shows with lesbian characters, its kinda funny in a sad way, Netflix kinda makes it easy 90% of the time they put a 'lesbian' is to treat the character like shit or the show is terrible overall.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Here:

Well if you want to know

They are either privileged or like 12, 14 at best. She was supposed to be a poll dancer by the way, but then unpleasantly surprised by the reality of the situation. The choice was to die or accept it. We'll see what happens in S2. I hope the girlfriend somehow manages to arrive in Tenerife. But there is a bigger backstory behind them. A short flashback in E8 showed that and I'm pretty sure they will explore it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How’s Behind Her Eyes? Is it good?

Shelby
Veteran

Post by Shelby »

Guest wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 22:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well if you want to know

I'm just too tired to deal with all this miserable shit Netflix and the tv producers throw at us.
Lately i started to use these threads as a way to avoid seeing shows with lesbian characters, its kinda funny in a sad way, Netflix kinda makes it easy 90% of the time they put a 'lesbian' is to treat the character like shit or the show is terrible overall.
SMH. Netflix writers just want to show lesbians being raped by men.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 10:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well if you want to know

They are either privileged or like 12, 14 at best. She was supposed to be a poll dancer by the way, but then unpleasantly surprised by the reality of the situation. The choice was to die or accept it. We'll see what happens in S2. I hope the girlfriend somehow manages to arrive in Tenerife. But there is a bigger backstory behind them. A short flashback in E8 showed that and I'm pretty sure they will explore it.

Op here, Im not interested in the gf coming back to be honest. I would prefer if she gets a new LI, but I guees I would be ok either way.. As long as they dont pair her with Gina (I dont like the actress at all) Im good.

BTW I was gladly surprised with Lali, she really sold the story and made me fall for Wendy. Of course Veronica being Coral was a given winner.The only "bad" casting was Gina.. Doesnt convince me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 14:52
I watched it. It was weird af, not good but not horrible either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 10:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well if you want to know

You simply don't get it do you?
We are tired and sick of this shit, if you want to see a show where a ''lesbian'' fucks dudes go at it hoss, i guess thats my privilege talking that i don't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So is Sky Rojo worth watching in general? Is it a good show? Is the plot interest etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 16:05
Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 14:52
I watched it. It was weird af, not good but not horrible either.
Just started the first episode. I find it a bit boring so far.