Netflix

Reactions:

Re: Netflix

Post by Guest »

I’ve started watching Girl from Nowhere and I like it so far. I’ve watched the first 5 episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is enough to get me to watch. She plays Kate who is poisoned and has 24 hours to live. She sets out to find the person who did it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sweet Tooth is good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 17:54
Sweet Tooth is good.
Yep

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 17:54
Sweet Tooth is good.
Yeah overall it was good, but geeze were some of the characters actions really dumb, especially the hybrid kid. Yeah I get the’s young and traumatised etc, but the amount of stupid bad decisions he made just frustrated me. And the ending was kinda jarring and abrupt, not as bad was Warrior Nun, but yeah getting up there with abrupt endings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 19:20

This has potential. Sandra Oh and Holland Taylor are good with comedy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A lot of female cast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Lance Reddick alot in most of the stuff he has being in but i don't know if he can pull the absolute insanity and campyness of Wesker lol but then again he is pretty wacky in Corporate.
Also Ella Balinska :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 18:31
A lot of female cast.
I'm all for a majority female (and women of colour at that) cast, but what the hell Resident Evil characters are any of them supposed to be? lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Almost here, I have high hopes for this one :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 14:27
It is three different movies. Netflix is releasing them one a month this summer, though I don’t see any release dates yet.
Movie 1: In 1994, in the aftermath of a brutal tragedy in Shadyside, Ohio, a group of teens discover that a series of horrifying events that have plagued their town over many years might not be random, and that they may be the next victims.

Movie 2: In 1978, Camp Nightwing is divided by the campers and counselors who hail from the of prosperous town of Sunnyvale and the campers and maintenance staffers from the downtrodden town of Shadyside, but when horrors from their towns shared history come alive, they must band together to solve a terrifying mystery before it’s too late.

Movie 3: In 1666, a colonial town is gripped by a hysterical witch-hunt that has deadly consequences for centuries to come, and it’s up to teenagers in 1994 to try and finally put an end to their town’s curse, before it’s too late.
Want to watch this but not a fan of horror per se although I love psychological thriller tho

Is this like Hunting of Hill House type jumpscare?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WTF

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 00:31
Guest wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 14:27
It is three different movies. Netflix is releasing them one a month this summer, though I don’t see any release dates yet.
Movie 1: In 1994, in the aftermath of a brutal tragedy in Shadyside, Ohio, a group of teens discover that a series of horrifying events that have plagued their town over many years might not be random, and that they may be the next victims.

Movie 2: In 1978, Camp Nightwing is divided by the campers and counselors who hail from the of prosperous town of Sunnyvale and the campers and maintenance staffers from the downtrodden town of Shadyside, but when horrors from their towns shared history come alive, they must band together to solve a terrifying mystery before it’s too late.

Movie 3: In 1666, a colonial town is gripped by a hysterical witch-hunt that has deadly consequences for centuries to come, and it’s up to teenagers in 1994 to try and finally put an end to their town’s curse, before it’s too late.
Want to watch this but not a fan of horror per se although I love psychological thriller tho

Is this like Hunting of Hill House type jumpscare?
Here’s the trailer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gunpowder Milkshake is getting a sequel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 234977917/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 04:50
Guest wrote:

The new teaser trailer looks funny AF! super excited :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm not even mad.
I liked the concept but the series was meh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 18:54
I'm not even mad.
Agree. So bad there were "13 Reasons to cancel Cursed" :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm not even mad.
Not surprised. There's like a million shows like this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 18:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When I saw her nameplate I knew it was gonna be guuuud!! The bitchy uncensored character we've been waiting for bringing Hell to that english department

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 19:25
Guest wrote:
I'm not even mad.
Not surprised. There's like a million shows like this.
They can do these bland, soft type of 'female warriors' portrayals but not an actual tough warrior like Xena and X reboot. Makes you wonder if they deliberately wanna screw that franchise up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 19:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When I saw her nameplate I knew it was gonna be guuuud!! The bitchy uncensored character we've been waiting for bringing Hell to that english department

da

omg omg fucking excited :dance2: :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This looks interesting...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This looks funny and interesting. Will keep it on the list

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just read they are going to start doing videogames :yawn: They should focus in their originals to be better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished Black summer and season 2 was better than the first, if you like zombies shows you could give this a try.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix is still struggling to add subscribers anywhere near last year's surges | July 20, 2021

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertai ... rs-surges/
In the US and Canada, its biggest single region, Netflix lost 430,000 streaming customers, for a total of nearly 74 million. It's a rare membership loss for Netflix, which last posted a loss of US members in 2019. Before that, it hadn't happened since 2011.

In Europe, Middle East and Africa, the company added a slim 190,000 members. In Latin America, its membership increased by 760,000. And in the Asia Pacific region, the area with the most growth, Netflix added 1.02 million members.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 15:52
WTF
Seriously. What the literal fuck! Hahahaha I can’t.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 04:31
Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 15:52
WTF
Seriously. What the literal fuck! Hahahaha I can’t.
I’m excited to watch :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 04:17
Netflix is still struggling to add subscribers anywhere near last year's surges | July 20, 2021

In the US and Canada, its biggest single region, Netflix lost 430,000 streaming customers, for a total of nearly 74 million. It's a rare membership loss for Netflix, which last posted a loss of US members in 2019. Before that, it hadn't happened since 2011.

In Europe, Middle East and Africa, the company added a slim 190,000 members. In Latin America, its membership increased by 760,000. And in the Asia Pacific region, the area with the most growth, Netflix added 1.02 million members.
This makes sense since Disney, HBO etc are rising in the US and it isn't available in asia. Once their competitors expand too, they're gonna lose more.

Bao
Reactions:

Post by Bao »

Guest wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 05:09
Guest wrote:

This makes sense since Disney, HBO etc are rising in the US and it isn't available in asia. Once their competitors expand too, they're gonna lose more.
HBO has been available in Asia for awhile. But I like Netflix in Asia. With their wide viewer base and model of distribution that's independent of local tv stations, they have supported the growth of drama series like Mine and Nevertheless (Korean dramas) whom've dared to show lesbian characters in an unprecedented way.

I wish that Netflix was more popular in Africa and the Middle East as well. I have no doubt that it will have the same effect.

While Netflix might fund crap for lesbians when it comes to America, it's very different outside of America.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bao wrote:
21 Jul 2021, 11:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

HBO has been available in Asia for awhile. But I like Netflix in Asia. With their wide viewer base and model of distribution that's independent of local tv stations, they have supported the growth of drama series like Mine and Nevertheless (Korean dramas) whom've dared to show lesbian characters in an unprecedented way.

I wish that Netflix was more popular in Africa and the Middle East as well. I have no doubt that it will have the same effect.

While Netflix might fund crap for lesbians when it comes to America, it's very different outside of America.
The problem I have with Netflix is their evident clown marketing when it comes to target ages, disregarding the quality in shows they should promote better. I noticed they don't promote any shows with older actors on their Instagram account, only targeting teenagers turning it into some weird meme shipping account. Avoiding the older market is a big mistake cos I can assure them HBO don't suffer promoting shows with older ages like Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet

Maybe they think quality shows will promote themselves once they air :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 1
5 episodes available rn. I quite enjoyed it.
SMG and Lena Headey are voice actresses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks fun and educational :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 00:22
Bao wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The problem I have with Netflix is their evident clown marketing when it comes to target ages, disregarding the quality in shows they should promote better. I noticed they don't promote any shows with older actors on their Instagram account, only targeting teenagers turning it into some weird meme shipping account. Avoiding the older market is a big mistake cos I can assure them HBO don't suffer promoting shows with older ages like Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet

DA

This is my exact problem with the algorithm! If I didn't accidentally stumble here, I wouldn't notice other good (and bad) shows.

Anyhow, thanks guys :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Netflix instagram account looks like its run by a bunch of perves only posting about actors lookin like 12 year olds. What the actual fuck Netflix, am I just old or do all those actors look underage?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 16:23
Looks fun and educational :lol:
I'm going to watch it ngl, feels like a show you put while doing something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She’s back :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 18:24
She’s back :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I watched Sexy Beasts on Netflix. The first 2 episodes were complete shite, so I thought I might stop there. The daters were like 20 years old and talking about how it's hard to not date based on looks. Lol. But I was bored so I continued. It's a het show but idk, it's watchable. I thought it would be either hilarious on purpose or on accident but was neither, just average tier dating show. I liked the makeup and some of the women were really funny and hot.

Watched the first set of 6. I won't watch the remaining eps unless there's a lesbian date.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They have a couple of really good documentaries on Netflix at the moment. Can recommend the "Night Stalker" one.. for those of you who don't have a weak stomach

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Bao wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I get the feeling that Netflix has been positioning itself as the modern day WB for a while now. I don't know how I feel about it, tbh. More germanely I don't know if it's a winning strategy vs. the ever toughening streaming competition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 03:37
Guest wrote:
Bao wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I get the feeling that Netflix has been positioning itself as the modern day WB for a while now. I don't know how I feel about it, tbh. More germanely I don't know if it's a winning strategy vs. the ever toughening streaming competition.
I understand using different tactics for things like TikTok but not so sure only younger people use Instagram nowadays. I already follow meme accounts, I don't want Netflix to turn into one and only post about teen love couples. I want updates on all their shows and docs and stuff on social media, trailers etc. I can't even scroll their twitter cos its only sci-fi marvel type shows and weird memes there as well

O_O?
Reactions:

Post by O_O? »

Omg guys .. I'm watching Ragnarok on Netflix and they've killed lesbian girl in first episode... I'm so shocked rn... I can't believe she's dead... I don't wanna continue this show... So can anyone tell if she's really dead?? :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh Jesus, I don't even remember what was going on in the previous seasons and now they're releasing the final season in two parts. Mental. Also I hope the professor gets killed and they don't kill off any of the ladies :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone watched the documentary Pray Away? Is it interesting?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watched the first episode of Paris cooking show and is so Paris :lol: I give it a 7 out of 10.