Hightown (Starz)

Reactions:

Re: Hightown : Starz tv series

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 06:20
Is Monica still dating that lady she used to date years ago? Sorry for the stupidly asked question, but I can't remember the name of the woman lol. I think she was working in production.
I think they have got engaged.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 12:28
She was being a complete asshole in that scene but damn that move when she wiped her mouth on the bed sheet. MS. RAYMUND!!! :blinkwide: :blinkwide:

mae17
Reactions:

Post by mae17 »

Although yes, Jackie was an asshole to Devonne’s friend, I saw it more as her just not being able to handle even the remotest vulnerability after Leslie. The last time she let someone touch her she ended up really badly hurt and you can see her frustration when she tries to get off to Leslie’s pic after and all she can feel is pain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 20:42
Guest wrote:
She was being a complete asshole in that scene but damn that move when she wiped her mouth on the bed sheet. MS. RAYMUND!!! :blinkwide: :blinkwide:

And then all the eye rolls after she got the lady off! That part kinda had me dying I’m not gonna lie😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love this show. I love this character. But I’m not sure how much of her being tortured I can endure. Like, yeah, she’s an asshole. But it’s obvious it’s because she doesn’t want to be vulnerable. Then she lets herself be vulnerable and she gets run over like a freight train. And not once but twice if you count Devonne.

In the mean time we get to see the toxic hetero train wreck just chugging along through the station. Total bulls—-.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And then all the eye rolls after she got the lady off! That part kinda had me dying I’m not gonna lie😂
Yep, like it has been said before, nothing like an actor with first hand knowledge. I can't feel too bad for the friend, Decline had told her about how shit Jackie was and she was sitting through that whole uncomfortable exchange with Devonne.

Regarding everything else, I still think Renee is playing Ray. She knows she is going to need protection if/when Frankie finds out about Jorge so I'm going to think he is just an ace she is playing. I felt sorry for Charmaine but I like how it ties all the storylines together. She nay be out for blood because of the way the dice fell leading to her sisters death. The fallout from Ed and his wife was hurtful and seems like addiction runs in Jackie's family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That scene was not sexy at all. But the way she was moving her mouth sure was. 🥵🥵🥵

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:08
I love this show. I love this character. But I’m not sure how much of her being tortured I can endure. Like, yeah, she’s an asshole. But it’s obvious it’s because she doesn’t want to be vulnerable. Then she lets herself be vulnerable and she gets run over like a freight train. And not once but twice if you count Devonne.

In the mean time we get to see the toxic hetero train wreck just chugging along through the station. Total bulls—-.
I can't say that I love Jackie's character. She's a huge asshole. I watch the show because my girlfriend like it so we watch it together. Jackie and Leslie were hot together, not gonna deny it but Leslie is such a red flag. I mean she slept with Ray, which goes to show how shit her tastes are
This is why you don't sleep with bihets, Jackie...
Nobody can be happy on this show anyway. I certainly don't expect happiness with Renee and Ray

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi all. Is this show worth watching? I have Starz for a couple of months so it'd be really easy to check it out but I don't know much about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:03
Hi all. Is this show worth watching? I have Starz for a couple of months so it'd be really easy to check it out but I don't know much about it
If you're into shows about murders/drugs/strip clubs set on Cape Cod with a lesbian liaison cop who gets a ton of pussy but is often a (drunk) asshole, that show is for you!
Most characters are unlikable but it's still interesting imo. I prefer the second season (so far) to the first

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:10
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:03
If you're into shows about murders/drugs/strip clubs set on Cape Cod with a lesbian liaison cop who gets a ton of pussy but is often a (drunk) asshole, that show is for you!
Most characters are unlikable but it's still interesting imo. I prefer the second season (so far) to the first
Thank you for the reply! lol you actually made me kind of curious about it, so I might as well give it a go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Jackie a lot, because she’s a prickly asshole but not actually a bad person. And with the way she was raised, who can blame her for how she turned out. There’s something to be said for taking responsibility and I think she tried to get her life on track for a while there, but addiction is a beast and letting your guard down and being vulnerable(only to get shot down)is hard. Actually practicing healthy coping mechanisms in the face of all that is easier said than done. That said, I think she’s going to have one or two major setbacks before she’s finally on the right path for good, because that’s realistic and also just the nature of dramatic TV.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:01
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:08

I can't say that I love Jackie's character. She's a huge asshole. I watch the show because my girlfriend like it so we watch it together. Jackie and Leslie were hot together, not gonna deny it but Leslie is such a red flag. I mean she slept with Ray, which goes to show how shit her tastes are
This is why you don't sleep with bihets, Jackie...
Nobody can be happy on this show anyway. I certainly don't expect happiness with Renee and Ray
Lets not hate on bisexuals please! Leslie identifies as straight (even if she totally isn't lol) not bi, and thats the problem

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can’t remember if someone already asked this but does anyone think there’s hope still for Jackie and Leslie? I could sort of see Leslie coming around and admitting
she had feelings once she realizes how much she hurt Jackie cuz she clearly did have feelings. But she was also SO cold last episode I’m not sure. We know Jackie’s gonna spiral too and that’s not exactly gonna make Leslie want to take her back…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m really bummed about Leslie and Jackie. I mean, not only did she go down on her but she practically BEGGED even though Jackie told her no. That’s not straight girl behavior. Not at all. If Leslie starfished the whole time, then yeah, that’s buyable. But she was all in. Literally.

I completely get the drama of it and all that but damn it sucks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 20:44
Can’t remember if someone already asked this but does anyone think there’s hope still for Jackie and Leslie? I could sort of see Leslie coming around and admitting
she had feelings once she realizes how much she hurt Jackie cuz she clearly did have feelings. But she was also SO cold last episode I’m not sure. We know Jackie’s gonna spiral too and that’s not exactly gonna make Leslie want to take her back…
I would love for there to be hope, but Leslie was literally stone cold. There was no longing looks or any sign of regret as she said it to Jackie. She even scoffed at her when Jackie said “So when you were eating my pussy, that was you being straight?” Then she slammed the door on her AND turned off the light. It was really rough to watch.

The ONLY way I could see there being any hope is if Leslie pushed her away because of the case or if someone had caught wind of their affair. But even those scenarios are a serious stretch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think Jackie would take her back in a heartbeat even if Leslie gave her shitty excuse. Jackie seems to be a glutton for punishment and really seems in love with Jackie. And to be honest its her karma for how she's dealt with Devonne.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 20:45
I’m really bummed about Leslie and Jackie. I mean, not only did she go down on her but she practically BEGGED even though Jackie told her no. That’s not straight girl behavior. Not at all. If Leslie starfished the whole time, then yeah, that’s buyable. But she was all in. Literally.

I completely get the drama of it and all that but damn it sucks.
Thats facts. In 2 separate sex scenes, and she asked twice if I remember right in the scene where Jackie let her do it. My guess is Jackie's right, she started to realize she had feelings and gay panicked cuz she thought she was straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm also curious how this will affect Jackie and Leslie's relationship at work. Assuming Jackie doesn't fall so hard she stops showing up, they're still supposed to be partners and they're both really ambitious, but I can't see Jackie especially being able to get over this too quickly

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t think Leslie and Jackie are too far gone. She as cold as ice but what she said was true they both had agreed there would be feelings and Jackie crossed the line. Still don’t know why Jackie didn’t play it off as a joke, guess there was some truth there. I think if Leslie did gay panic she didn’t say anything too bad. I think Ed’s wife was harsher than Leslie was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rough episode for leslie but she fucked up big time. she should know you don't say those kind of things to the "straight" girl you're fucking even as a joke! you gotta ease them into it like a cat in a bathtub :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 23:54
rough episode for leslie but she fucked up big time. she should know you don't say those kind of things to the "straight" girl you're fucking even as a joke! you gotta ease them into it like a cat in a bathtub :argh:
Lol this is great imagery

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Okay guys I know people are probably tired of hearing “Leslie is a mole / working with Frankie theories” but hear me out for one more...

Does anyone think it’s kinda flimsy that Frankie shot and killed Daisy just based on the fact that she admitted Jorge hit her when asked directly? When she just so happened to be also talking to Jackie?

Leslie goes MIA on Jackie at around the same time in episode 5 that Daisy gets shot. I can’t remember the exact sequence of which happened first but they’re both mid-episode.

I’m probably reaching to justify the way Leslie responded in 2x06 with anything deeper than “she just isn’t that into Jackie” but I do feel like there are enough breadcrumbs at this point that Leslie being compromised wouldn’t be super farfetched. She has a convo with Ray in season 1 where she says he was disappointed to find out she didn’t need saving... but like from what? What would she have needed saving from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually prefer that to her just being a stone cold bitch.

I mean it’s possible that she backed off because it wasn’t fair to Jackie, but she thought ghosting her was?

I know there are people that are cold like that in real life, but their scenes didn’t play like that. Especially the scene on the beach.

So it’s plausible that Jackie saying that triggered her feelings and she realized she needed to cool it before tipping her hand, and what better way than to just be stone cold?

And does she necessarily have to be a mole for Frankie? Is it possible she’s undercover someway?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ughhh their scenes on the beach are what got me invested. Like, the sex scenes were hot and got my attention to start watching their storyline, but the beach scenes are what sold me on watching the whole show.

I think there is room for Leslie to be doing something undercover for the investigation. There was the question in season 1 about how Frankie found out Sherry was a CI, and it was never resolved. That’s why my mind immediately went to her being a mole.

Ghosting Jackie was even less fair than leading her on or whatever Leslie was worried about. But I have had friends in real life who acted like huge dicks on purpose when they felt guilty for dumping someone bc they thought it would make it easier for the other person emotionally to just hate them.

I saw one glimmer of caring from Leslie in 2x06, when she decided to open the door and talk to Jackie, but she smothered it really quick. And at that point she could tell Jackie was really affected and still threw in the Thanksgiving comment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There was a blurb up about the final episode that said something along the lines of something not sitting right with Jackie. Now I can’t remember the exact wording or where I saw it! But if I’m remembering at least this part correctly it could hint at maybe this theory about Leslie being true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 02:35
There was a blurb up about the final episode that said something along the lines of something not sitting right with Jackie. Now I can’t remember the exact wording or where I saw it! But if I’m remembering at least this part correctly it could hint at maybe this theory about Leslie being true.
If you find the blurb again any chance you could post a link? No pressure to look, just if you see it.

The episode title for 2x10 is "Fool Me Twice" which also makes me look at Renee suspiciously.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think someone mentioned this interview when they were asking about Monica being engaged but I'm just gonna link it here. She's just so pretty and I'm kinda smitten lol

https://www.thebaremagazine.com/home/ys ... upxuau1im7

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 04:34
Guest wrote:
If you find the blurb again any chance you could post a link? No pressure to look, just if you see it.

The episode title for 2x10 is "Fool Me Twice" which also makes me look at Renee suspiciously.

These are the episode descriptions on IMDB! For episode 10 it says "Jackie goes from feeling like a hero after an important discovery to the zero who let something critical get away." Idk if those were the same ones you were looking at?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7718110/ep ... =tt_eps_sm

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 08:27
I think someone mentioned this interview when they were asking about Monica being engaged but I'm just gonna link it here. She's just so pretty and I'm kinda smitten lol

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/cont ... rmat=1500w

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 08:29
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 04:34
Guest wrote:

These are the episode descriptions on IMDB! For episode 10 it says "Jackie goes from feeling like a hero after an important discovery to the zero who let something critical get away." Idk if those were the same ones you were looking at?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7718110/ep ... =tt_eps_sm
Yes, that’s the one!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Yeah I’m not going to lie, it would be reallllyyyy hard for anything Monica is in to not hold my attention. I even watched some Chicago Fire back in the day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 20:53
Guest wrote:

Yeah I’m not going to lie, it would be reallllyyyy hard for anything Monica is in to not hold my attention. I even watched some Chicago Fire back in the day.
Replying to myself to say I have like 3 different crushes on her.. comparing Jackie to this really old video....

...I feel like it’s two totally different archetypes and she fills them both pretty well. Would love to see her in a sci-fi or fantasy show too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol Leslie pulling massive mindfucks no wonder Ray said she was crazy. The cutoff was extreme and she's stone cold about it - absolutely no hints that she has residual feelings. Jackie needs to her cut her losses but man I wonder how much more of the derivative "Jackie spirals out of control after taking successive hits in her personal life" I can take. It's never one hiccup with her, it's always her whole universe and all her support networks collapsing at once like c'mon...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 20:53
Guest wrote:

Replying to myself to say I have like 3 different crushes on her.. comparing Jackie to this really old video....

...I feel like it’s two totally different archetypes and she fills them both pretty well. Would love to see her in a sci-fi or fantasy show too.

You're totally right! I noticed it as soon as I saw her in Hightown after seeing her on Chicago Fire. She's just a really talented actress to be able to play someone who in many ways is so different from herself. Like yes she''s queer but other than that she's very different from Jackie irl and its cool to see how she changes the way she carries herself and obviously the emotions of such a messy character too

Also that video is so cute and gay lol :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People watch this for the sex scenes only and not for the plot. The plot will leave any lesbian with incurable trauma and nightmares. :shithead:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh I definitely watch it for the sex scenes. Is there anyone Monica Raymond doesn’t have chemistry with?? But I also watch it because the lead is LGBTQ and reps Latinas. Is the character traumatized? Yep. But that’s real life. It’s gritty and unpleasant and it’s different to see a character like Jackie who is a lesbian, who is a Latina, fighting real demons. Representation isn’t just having characters from marginalized group on the big screen. It’s having them on the big screen dealing with a variety of issues both good and bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:14
Oh I definitely watch it for the sex scenes. Is there anyone Monica Raymond doesn’t have chemistry with?? But I also watch it because the lead is LGBTQ and reps Latinas. Is the character traumatized? Yep. But that’s real life. It’s gritty and unpleasant and it’s different to see a character like Jackie who is a lesbian, who is a Latina, fighting real demons. Representation isn’t just having characters from marginalized group on the big screen. It’s having them on the big screen dealing with a variety of issues both good and bad.
I had to refresh to make sure no one checked you. We are lesbians, no we seriously know that for a fact. There are no doubts even if creeps sneak in here to teach us to unlearn our sexual orientation. There is no using ethnicity like "Latina" as a tool to guilt women to open those legs. You're using "representation" wrong.

ffvideo
Reactions: 18

Post by ffvideo »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 06:24
People watch this for the sex scenes only and not for the plot. The plot will leave any lesbian with incurable trauma and nightmares. :shithead:
Because you don't understand 'the plot' you speak for People lol. Majority women/Lesbians make this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 12:01
Guest wrote:
I had to refresh to make sure no one checked you. We are lesbians, no we seriously know that for a fact. There are no doubts even if creeps sneak in here to teach us to unlearn our sexual orientation. There is no using ethnicity like "Latina" as a tool to guilt women to open those legs. You're using "representation" wrong.
what this means?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I have no idea what the hell you just said.

No using ethnicity as a tool to guilt women to open those legs? WTF do you mean?

You clearly missed the entire point of what I was trying to say. Like you’re not even in the same stadium.

I’m wrong for enjoying a show that has a lesbian, Latina lead? I’m so confused.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's some weirdo, just don't reply anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 22:51
It's some weirdo, just don't reply anymore
True. It literally made no sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ffvideo wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 18:54
ep 7 promo photo

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/11/hight ... -wack.html
WHOAAAH Jackie is spooning with RAY? I know obviously they're close friends and Jackie (it goes without saying) is about as gay as they come but I never thought I'd see that? Really makes me curious what the hell happened to prompt that turn of events.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://gallery.spoilertv.com/image/htn ... 0120.1zEOB

This is from the same promo photos website someone posted. Why is she the cutest little bean :$
Fuck, she looks just like my ex in this picture and now I feel lonely :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ffvideo wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 18:54
ep 7 promo photo

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/11/hight ... -wack.html
Ahhh thank you so much for posting.

It’s hard to tell from the side but Leslie’s face looks a little more normal / less cold in this photo.

I was kinda expecting her to be even more closed off or angry if she finds out Jackie started drinking again or acting like a mess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m kind of hoping she has someone in her bed when Leslie walks in. Like “bitch, see? You’re replaceable.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 23:31
I’m kind of hoping she has someone in her bed when Leslie walks in. Like “bitch, see? You’re replaceable.”
I was kinda hoping Leslie would end up being offended that Jackie slept with someone else in 2x06 but then that second scene at Leslie’s door knocked the wind outta me haha.

I feel like Jackie might be the type to purposely arrange for Leslie to walk in on her with someone else if the opportunity arose 😂