I

Giest2345
Reactions:

Re: Hightown : Starz tv series

Post by Giest2345 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think I'm enjoying this season more than the previous one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 05:25
Episode is up
Is this a fucking soap opera?! Okay I'm fucking through with this show. I don't give a fuck about Renee and Ray's story. Jorge was a good villian. Jackie's storyline is so fucking cliche, can they just chill a bit, who the fuck is writing these stories?

Guest 4209
Reactions:

Post by Guest 4209 »

Okay I did not know that butch lesbians don’t let people reciprocate. At least I got that impression from her conversation with Leslie. Lesbian lingo can be so confusing. :rofl:

That being said, I really just hope this was a misunderstanding. I hate to see Jackie lose it when she’s just barely sober. I love her dynamic with Leslie and I feel like it’s something that could be long lasting. And I’m not even saying happily ever after. There is so much angst that could be explored and it would be interesting to see them do it together.

Not to mention they are so fucking hot together. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest 4209 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 22:31
Okay I did not know that butch lesbians don’t let people reciprocate. At least I got that impression from her conversation with Leslie. Lesbian lingo can be so confusing. :rofl:

That being said, I really just hope this was a misunderstanding. I hate to see Jackie lose it when she’s just barely sober. I love her dynamic with Leslie and I feel like it’s something that could be long lasting. And I’m not even saying happily ever after. There is so much angst that could be explored and it would be interesting to see them do it together.

Not to mention they are so fucking hot together. :nails:
Not all, that type of butch is called Stone Butch. They're the opposite of pillow princess. :spy:

GuestGuest227
Reactions:

Post by GuestGuest227 »

SA - I’ve actually heard the term Stone Butch. I just never would had thought Jackie was one. At least she was implying she was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 08:38
Everything surprised me too. Especially the end and for Jorge, well can’t say I feel bad. Jackie and Leslie are great together but this season is just good overall. The bad guys are intriguing and not just stupid, the lead is good but complicated and the show on the whole flows much better than last season. I hope they get a couple more seasons and can keep up the momentum.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This was episode 5 of a 10 episode season. There is going to be a conflict. That includes
. Otherwise it is a bore. Of course I hope all ends well

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just read that it’s not back until November 28th. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

honestly episode 5 was the best in terms of interesting drama with leslie and renee. i wasnt bored for one sec

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oooo where are those from?

Leslie does not look happy. 🥺🥺

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:59
honestly episode 5 was the best in terms of interesting drama with leslie and renee. i wasnt bored for one sec
I don't know that the drama with Leslie was THAT riveting

Sawks
Reactions:

Post by Sawks »

Finally, a proper scene with Leslie! I miss her on screen. We mostly saw her off screen except for the first few minutes of Episode 5. I hope Jackie doesn't mess this up (although knowing this show, something unexpected always happens)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 04:17
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:59
I don't know that the drama with Leslie was THAT riveting
Da I definitely feel like this fling with Leslie made the show a lot more interesting but I always saw it as something short term and messy so I’m not a so invested as others seem to be. The phone scene made me laugh though, it was so real and the way it played out was rough. I’m really enjoying the show which is something I never thought I’d say, considering season 1.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New episode. Ouch. That’s all I’m going to say. Ouch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 05:11
Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On a happier wlw note - I think Monica and her partner are engaged. She did an interview with the Bare magazine and in the last question ‘what are a few of you life’s bare essentials’ she ends with “ I’d have to say my ring. My partner gave it to me.” Seeing as the ring is work on the ring finger (although I’m terrible at getting the hands right) but Lauren German apparently slipped up to fans a while ago that she was newly engaged - looks like she is semi confirming it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is Monica still dating that lady she used to date years ago? Sorry for the stupidly asked question, but I can't remember the name of the woman lol. I think she was working in production.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 05:16
Guest wrote:
Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sawks
Reactions:

Post by Sawks »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sawks wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 07:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 07:58
Sawks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Episodes up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Posting a picture and context under the spoiler tag. Wondering if it is from a scene that hasn't aired yet, or if I'm forgetting the scene where it already did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 08:25
Posting a picture and context under the spoiler tag. Wondering if it is from a scene that hasn't aired yet, or if I'm forgetting the scene where it already did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 08:33
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 08:25

Sawks
Reactions:

Post by Sawks »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 08:12
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 07:58
Sawks wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Episodes up
[/quote]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 06:20
Is Monica still dating that lady she used to date years ago? Sorry for the stupidly asked question, but I can't remember the name of the woman lol. I think she was working in production.
Yes, Tari Segal. She's still with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 06:20
I think they have got engaged.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 12:28
She was being a complete asshole in that scene but damn that move when she wiped her mouth on the bed sheet. MS. RAYMUND!!! :blinkwide: :blinkwide:

mae17
Reactions:

Post by mae17 »

Although yes, Jackie was an asshole to Devonne’s friend, I saw it more as her just not being able to handle even the remotest vulnerability after Leslie. The last time she let someone touch her she ended up really badly hurt and you can see her frustration when she tries to get off to Leslie’s pic after and all she can feel is pain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 20:42
Guest wrote:
She was being a complete asshole in that scene but damn that move when she wiped her mouth on the bed sheet. MS. RAYMUND!!! :blinkwide: :blinkwide:

And then all the eye rolls after she got the lady off! That part kinda had me dying I’m not gonna lie😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love this show. I love this character. But I’m not sure how much of her being tortured I can endure. Like, yeah, she’s an asshole. But it’s obvious it’s because she doesn’t want to be vulnerable. Then she lets herself be vulnerable and she gets run over like a freight train. And not once but twice if you count Devonne.

In the mean time we get to see the toxic hetero train wreck just chugging along through the station. Total bulls—-.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

And then all the eye rolls after she got the lady off! That part kinda had me dying I’m not gonna lie😂
Yep, like it has been said before, nothing like an actor with first hand knowledge. I can't feel too bad for the friend, Decline had told her about how shit Jackie was and she was sitting through that whole uncomfortable exchange with Devonne.

Regarding everything else, I still think Renee is playing Ray. She knows she is going to need protection if/when Frankie finds out about Jorge so I'm going to think he is just an ace she is playing. I felt sorry for Charmaine but I like how it ties all the storylines together. She nay be out for blood because of the way the dice fell leading to her sisters death. The fallout from Ed and his wife was hurtful and seems like addiction runs in Jackie's family.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That scene was not sexy at all. But the way she was moving her mouth sure was. 🥵🥵🥵

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:08
I love this show. I love this character. But I’m not sure how much of her being tortured I can endure. Like, yeah, she’s an asshole. But it’s obvious it’s because she doesn’t want to be vulnerable. Then she lets herself be vulnerable and she gets run over like a freight train. And not once but twice if you count Devonne.

In the mean time we get to see the toxic hetero train wreck just chugging along through the station. Total bulls—-.
I can't say that I love Jackie's character. She's a huge asshole. I watch the show because my girlfriend like it so we watch it together. Jackie and Leslie were hot together, not gonna deny it but Leslie is such a red flag. I mean she slept with Ray, which goes to show how shit her tastes are
This is why you don't sleep with bihets, Jackie...
Nobody can be happy on this show anyway. I certainly don't expect happiness with Renee and Ray

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi all. Is this show worth watching? I have Starz for a couple of months so it'd be really easy to check it out but I don't know much about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:03
Hi all. Is this show worth watching? I have Starz for a couple of months so it'd be really easy to check it out but I don't know much about it
If you're into shows about murders/drugs/strip clubs set on Cape Cod with a lesbian liaison cop who gets a ton of pussy but is often a (drunk) asshole, that show is for you!
Most characters are unlikable but it's still interesting imo. I prefer the second season (so far) to the first

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:10
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:03
If you're into shows about murders/drugs/strip clubs set on Cape Cod with a lesbian liaison cop who gets a ton of pussy but is often a (drunk) asshole, that show is for you!
Most characters are unlikable but it's still interesting imo. I prefer the second season (so far) to the first
Thank you for the reply! lol you actually made me kind of curious about it, so I might as well give it a go

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Jackie a lot, because she’s a prickly asshole but not actually a bad person. And with the way she was raised, who can blame her for how she turned out. There’s something to be said for taking responsibility and I think she tried to get her life on track for a while there, but addiction is a beast and letting your guard down and being vulnerable(only to get shot down)is hard. Actually practicing healthy coping mechanisms in the face of all that is easier said than done. That said, I think she’s going to have one or two major setbacks before she’s finally on the right path for good, because that’s realistic and also just the nature of dramatic TV.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:01
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 21:08

I can't say that I love Jackie's character. She's a huge asshole. I watch the show because my girlfriend like it so we watch it together. Jackie and Leslie were hot together, not gonna deny it but Leslie is such a red flag. I mean she slept with Ray, which goes to show how shit her tastes are
This is why you don't sleep with bihets, Jackie...
Nobody can be happy on this show anyway. I certainly don't expect happiness with Renee and Ray
Lets not hate on bisexuals please! Leslie identifies as straight (even if she totally isn't lol) not bi, and thats the problem

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can’t remember if someone already asked this but does anyone think there’s hope still for Jackie and Leslie? I could sort of see Leslie coming around and admitting
she had feelings once she realizes how much she hurt Jackie cuz she clearly did have feelings. But she was also SO cold last episode I’m not sure. We know Jackie’s gonna spiral too and that’s not exactly gonna make Leslie want to take her back…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m really bummed about Leslie and Jackie. I mean, not only did she go down on her but she practically BEGGED even though Jackie told her no. That’s not straight girl behavior. Not at all. If Leslie starfished the whole time, then yeah, that’s buyable. But she was all in. Literally.

I completely get the drama of it and all that but damn it sucks.