Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 20:11
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 19:36
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 19:31
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 19:13
The troll: Words have meaning, unless it's something I really hate. Then people can change the definition so that I have an excuse to be against it.
DA Nobody has changed the definition of feminism. You're just mad because today feminism incorporates ideas that you disagree with, so you claim that that isn't even feminism any longer. It still is. You need to accept that radical feminism is in the past, hardly anyone subscribes to it these days. Why do you assume that only your interpretation of feminism is correct, and everyone else's is false?
Incorporates what kind of ideas, exactly? Be more specific now.
Do those ideas genuinely help women in anyway?
You don't know liberal feminist ideas?
Do radical feminist ideas help women in any way?
I do, I'm telling you to name them and explain to me how those ideas can fit into feminism. What's so difficult about that?
And yes some radical feminists ideas do help. For example, when I was a teenager I used to believe that things like makeup and sex work industry could be "empowering" if women say so. But lurking on some radfem accounts made me question all of that. Why do many young girls and women only feel "empowered" by things men enjoy seeing, but suddenly lose all the confidence and self-esteem when, for example, they go outside with no makeup on?
Radfem ideas tend to directly confront men, which a lot of libfems are afraid of. A more obvious example would be how quick libfems coddled AGPs and put them on a pedestal, despite them being misogynistic.

If you blindly accept ideas like you do with feminism, then surely you would accept ideas such as when muslim women say their religion isn't actually misogynistic, that it's a religion of peace, etc.

Reactions:

Re: Goldstar/platinum Star Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 17:31
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 14:13
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 01:00
Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 23:46
Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 23:11

X2. They think lesbianism is inherently feminist or it should be.
You are not just a lesbian, you're a woman. How can you not care about your own and your girlfriend's rights?
How did you get “I don’t care about my rights as a woman” from what I said?
If you don't support feminism you don't support women's rights. Simple as that.
Which feminism?

The feminism that says I should be a handmaiden for Trans males? The feminism that supports the sexual exploitation of women? The feminism that states crimes against women should be ignored if they're committed by an "oppressed" group?

All of these ideas have come from feminism theory and they've been circulating round academia for decades. Judith Butler wrote her gender craziness all the way back in the early 90s and she was standing on the shoulders of other feminism thinkers all the way back in the 60s. There was little to no opposition against them for all that time.

It's quite obvious then, that an ideology that defines itself as feminist can and does work against women's rights. Thus the policy and ideology are actually separable.

Feminism is an ideology, it's not simply a set of policies or values and the reality of modern feminism proves it.

Saying you can only support women's rights by being a feminist is like saying you can only support worker's rights by being a communist. The awful treatment and conditions people must live under in communist countries compared to the generally safe and fair systems we have in free market societies proves once again that just because an ideology claims it supports a group doesn't mean it actually does.

Before feminism, Women's Rights came under the banner of Egalitarianism. That men and women are all equal and should be treated as such.
That's a fake feminism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The troll: Words have meaning, unless it's something I really hate. Then people can change the definition so that I have an excuse to be against it.
DA Nobody has changed the definition of feminism. You're just mad because today feminism incorporates ideas that you disagree with, so you claim that that isn't even feminism any longer. It still is. You need to accept that radical feminism is in the past, hardly anyone subscribes to it these days. Why do you assume that only your interpretation of feminism is correct, and everyone else's is false?
Da. Here are some key differences between the two.

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Believes bodies aren’t commodities to be bought and sold
Fights sexual exploitation
Protects women’s spaces
Understands homosexuality is same-SEX attraction
Against gender roles
Understands real intersectionality
Against patriarchal religions
Against women wasting money on shaving, make up, hair, plastic surgery, etc.
Believes women’s bodies are fine as is
Have to analyze your own actions

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Believes selling your body is empowering
Supports sexual exploitation
Destroys women’s spaces
Believes homosexuality is a “genital preference”
Wants spicy straights (queers) to overthrow same-sex attracted spaces
Supports gender roles
Appropriates black women’s intersectional feminism to include men
Supports patriarchal religions
Supports beauty industries thriving off of women’s insecurities
Believes modifying natural women’s bodies is empowering
Don’t have to analyze your actions, everything is “valid”

If you couldn’t tell, liberal choice feminism is obviously bullshit. It’s the patriarchy wrapped in glitter, tits, and rainbows. Radical feminism is the feminism that actually helps women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 20:31
I do, I'm telling you to name them and explain to me how those ideas can fit into feminism. What's so difficult about that?
And yes some radical feminists ideas do help. For example, when I was a teenager I used to believe that things like makeup and sex work industry could be "empowering" if women say so. But lurking on some radfem accounts made me question all of that. Why do many young girls and women only feel "empowered" by things men enjoy seeing, but suddenly lose all the confidence and self-esteem when, for example, they go outside with no makeup on?
Radfem ideas tend to directly confront men, which a lot of libfems are afraid of. A more obvious example would be how quick libfems coddled AGPs and put them on a pedestal, despite them being misogynistic.

If you blindly accept ideas like you do with feminism, then surely you would accept ideas such as when muslim women say their religion isn't actually misogynistic, that it's a religion of peace, etc.
You're claiming that you possess knowledge of some ideology that is the only true form of feminism, so it is for you to prove that everything else is not feminism. Not for us to prove to you that our every single idea conforms to your views, as if you're the ultimate judge of true feminism just because you claim to be one. So far you've said that you lurked on some accounts (social media I assume) and had some questions about some ideas. That doesn't sound like a very strong beginning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:00
Guest wrote:

You're claiming that you possess knowledge of some ideology that is the only true form of feminism, so it is for you to prove that everything else is not feminism. Not for us to prove to you that our every single idea conforms to your views, as if you're the ultimate judge of true feminism just because you claim to be one. So far you've said that you lurked on some accounts (social media I assume) and had some questions about some ideas. That doesn't sound like a very strong beginning.
It is absolutely for you to prove how misogynistic ideas fit into feminism. Now answer.
And don't pretend like I haven't noticed you ignore my question about religion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 20:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

If you couldn’t tell, liberal choice feminism is obviously bullshit. It’s the patriarchy wrapped in glitter, tits, and rainbows. Radical feminism is the feminism that actually helps women.
You are so stuck in your western ass. You are forgetting about other countries where feminism deals with completely different problems.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

You are so stuck in your western ass. You are forgetting about other countries where feminism deals with completely different problems.
Da.
Then why don't you answer what country you are from so that we can look into it further? Anons have been asking you that for a while now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When a man tells that he's a woman, is it not for us to judge what is and what isn't a true woman?

When a man twists feminism to suit his agenda, is it not for us to judge what is and what isn't true feminism?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is absolutely for you to prove how misogynistic ideas fit into feminism. Now answer.
Name a misogynistic idea for which you need proof. And explain how exactly it is misogynistic, because if you're even listing support of equality as a problem in liberal feminism, then we're really not going to agree about anything.

I'm ignoring your question because I don't know enough about Islam to say anything about it. Your opinion about Islam to me is worth just as much as your example woman's opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Name a misogynistic idea for which you need proof. And explain how exactly it is misogynistic, because if you're even listing support of equality as a problem in liberal feminism, then we're really not going to agree about anything.

I'm ignoring your question because I don't know enough about Islam to say anything about it. Your opinion about Islam to me is worth just as much as your example woman's opinion.
Suuuure buddy lmao.

The sex work industry being labeled "empowerment" by them, which I did mention, is supporting equality? Even with the femicide that's happening? Trafficking? Please tell me more about how that's feminism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

Actually, sexual exploitation and violence is a HUGE issue for women in third world countries. Radfems are the only ones trying to address that… while libfems rebrand prostitution/sex trafficking as sex work.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

Actually, sexual exploitation and violence is a HUGE issue for women in third world countries. Radfems are the only ones trying to address that… while libfems rebrand prostitution/sex trafficking as sex work.
There is no radfems or libfems in those countries, just feminists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^Libfems literally support Islam’s treatment of women and child marriage

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

Da. Feminists in those countries are trying to fight against sexual exploitation and violence.
Radfems are trying fight against sexual exploitation and violence.
Libfems are...?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:13
Suuuure buddy lmao.

The sex work industry being labeled "empowerment" by them, which I did mention, is supporting equality? Even with the femicide that's happening? Trafficking? Please tell me more about how that's feminism.
It's destigmatizing these practices and giving women an option to be employed in them without facing harsh social consequences. Whether or not it is the correct choice for that particular woman (whether it will be empowering) is for her to decide and ultimately find out. Feminism is not saying that sex work or any other work is ideal for all women. It's merely giving an option. And there are quite a few women who are very happy in these professions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:25
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

It's destigmatizing these practices and giving women an option to be employed in them without facing harsh social consequences. Whether or not it is the correct choice for that particular woman (whether it will be empowering) is for her to decide and ultimately find out. Feminism is not saying that sex work or any other work is ideal for all women. It's merely giving an option. And there are quite a few women who are very happy in these professions.
I beg of you to at least listen to women who used to do "sex work as a choice" but are now speaking up about it. Their past, how grown adults groomed them, mental and physical abuse, money, everything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Radical feminism:
Women’s liberation
Protects women’s spaces
Against gender roles

Liberal feminism:
Women’s equality
Destroys women’s spaces
Supports gender roles

That’s wrong for a lot of eastern countries. In South Korea (where women are still very oppressed) they specify they are radical feminists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:36
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

I beg of you to at least listen to women who used to do "sex work as a choice" but are now speaking up about it. Their past, how grown adults groomed them, mental and physical abuse, money, everything.
As I said - it is not the right choice for all women. Nothing is. Some women ending up in sex work due to grooming doesn't justify forbidding all women to work in it. You just want all women to conform to your world view, that's all there is to it.
DA You're a disgusting person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

Do your research. https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData ... 040_EN.pdf

There have been polls done for prostitutes and 89% of them said that they want to quit prostitution but they have no other choice. I care about those 89% a million times more than the women “escorts” & “cam girls” who “like” doing what they do.

Interviews with 785 people in prostitution in nine countries showed that 89% of them wanted to escape prostitution but had no other options for survival.
Prostitution is also EXTREMELY dangerous. https://endsexualexploitation.org/wp-c ... et_rv3.pdf

“Yeah, sometimes I do feel that they think I'm not a person. That anybody can just hurt me and just walk away.”

A study of 222 prostituted women (aged 18-59) in Chicago, who were currently in prostitution or had been within the past five years, reported violence across seven common prostitution activities (escort, exotic dancing, prostitution from one’s own residence, street, hotels, drug house, and survival sex). Violence was reported by the women in all prostitution venues. The 12 most common forms of violence included: slapping; punching; hair pulling; pinching; spanking; kicking; ripping clothes; throwing objects; threats with weapons; threats of rape; inserting fingers/objects; and rape.

A comparative study of 46 formerly prostituted females (indoor prostitution only) and a control group (CG) of 31 age and education matched South Korean women found that of the prostituted women:
• 78.3% experienced serious economic crisis including homelessness;
• 82.6% were kept under surveillance or in captivity;
• 71.7% were threatened with harm against those close to her or herself;
• 65.2% had their daily activities such as eating, sleeping, and using toilets were controlled;
• 54.3% physical appearance, body weight, and clothing controlled;
• 69.6% experienced unexpected/ uncontrollable sexual/ physical attack;
• 78.3% were emotionally abused, shamed, neglected, and spoken ill of.

In-depth interviews with 16 women (aged 20-38) incarcerated for prostitution-related offenses or on other charges but known to engage in prostitution, in a Midwestern county jail in the U.S., revealed that:
• 93.8% had experienced some sort of sexual assault;
• 75% had been raped by one or more sex buyer;
• 62.6% raped in another context on the streets;
• 37.5% had been kidnapped and held captive;
• 61.2% had been beaten;
• 31.3% punched or kicked;
• 31.3% stabbed or slashed;
• 25% hit with an object like a bat or brick
• 1 woman had been tortured with electric shock.

An investigation into the morality rate of women in prostitution revealed that the leading cause of death was homicide (19%) and found that actively prostituting women were nearly 18 times more likely to be murdered that women of similar age and race during the study interval.
The risks of this do not go down simply because a woman is “higher class,” charges more, “selects” her “clients”(rapists!!!), and so on.

Also don’t ignore the fact that legalized prostitution contributes to much higher rates of sex trafficking! Supply and demand. https://adcmemorial.org/en/news/15795/

In the Netherlands, according to an official report by the police from 2008, 50% to 90% of persons in prostitutions in legal brothels are actually victims of human trafficking.

With prostitution, porn and so on being normalized in society, it only reinforces that men have a right to women’s bodies, and that we are only objects of sexual pleasure for men. Hell NO to all of that!!!!!

“Choice feminism” is not feminism. The personal is political, the private is political. One cannot fight against the dehumanization/objectification of women simply by claiming that they personally “enjoy” doing what they do.

I would rather have the 11% of women who are “happy” doing “sex work” have to get new “jobs” than let the 89% be raped ever again.

To summarize: no real feminist will ever believe in “sex work” of any form, and men DON'T have a right to women's bodies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

I don't think that women should be forbidden to do sex work or punished for it. What needs to be forbidden is BUYING SEXUAL SERVICES. If men will be punished for trying to buy a prostitute, they will be afraid of being caught. And the demand will just dry up and prostitutes will be left jobless and will be forced to find a job elsewhere.
X10. I support the nordic model. Buying sex services should be stigmatized and illegal. People who want to punish the prostitutes (who were the ones victimized in the first place) are even worse than libfems.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

could you please take your feminism fight to the right thread

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 21:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

There have been polls done for prostitutes and 89% of them said that they want to quit prostitution but they have no other choice. I care about those 89% a million times more than the women “escorts” & “cam girls” who “like” doing what they do.

Interviews with 785 people in prostitution in nine countries showed that 89% of them wanted to escape prostitution but had no other options for survival.
But you're not solving the problem that these women have. You're simply saying: ban prostitution. Because you dislike prostitution, and don't care about what happens to these women, this is just fine for you. If you had an actual solution for the problem of these women, you could implement it right now, even while prostitution is legal, and get these women out of it. Currently you are merely using these women as sob stories to push for a ban of prostitution - which is your personal goal, and has nothing to do with them. Do you really believe that these women will just leave prostitution and get cozy office jobs once prostitution is banned? They'll be doing it illegally, they'll be involved in other illegal activities, they'll just become homeless with no income etc. But they won't show up in your prostitution statistics, so you'll just pat yourself on the back about cleverly making sure ''that these women are never raped again'' by simply banning prostitution! Come on...

You being fine with banning all sex work just because you admit to not care about the women working in it is telling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 22:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

But you're not solving the problem that these women have. You're simply saying: ban prostitution. Because you dislike prostitution, and don't care about what happens to these women, this is just fine for you. If you had an actual solution for the problem of these women, you could implement it right now, even while prostitution is legal, and get these women out of it. Currently you are merely using these women as sob stories to push for a ban of prostitution - which is your personal goal, and has nothing to do with them. Do you really believe that these women will just leave prostitution and get cozy office jobs once prostitution is banned? They'll be doing it illegally, they'll be involved in other illegal activities, they'll just become homeless with no income etc. But they won't show up in your prostitution statistics, so you'll just pat yourself on the back about cleverly making sure ''that these women are never raped again'' by simply banning prostitution! Come on...

You being fine with banning all sex work just because you admit to not care about the women working in it is telling.
Da. Nordic model is the solution. https://nordicmodelnow.org/2017/11/14/ ... n-ipswich/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

Punish men for buying sexual services. And the problem will resolve. It's also very easy to catch those men with undercover police women posing as prostitutes. In the beginning there will be a few jobless prostitutes, but they can find a real job. In the long run nobody will be hurt anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

DA
Great job at putting words in other people's mouths. And there have been discussions (not only on lchat) on better solutions for these victims. Figuring out a way for better job opportunities, support groups, education, and whatnot. "If you had an actual solution for the problem of these women, you could implement it right now", yeahno, one person can't just come up with an idea and change the law overnight. You have not given any better solutions. Very few are "happy", which is debatable as we don't know their personal life, so you think we should just leave it as it is. Despite the numbers of victims keep rising.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Also - I just googled South Korea, and prostitution is already banned here. So what is our great feminist, the only true feminist, going to do about it? Admit that banning prostitution does not solve those issues? Ban prostitution twice in South Korea? Ban it like really, really hard?

In the US prostitution is also mainly illegal, and it likely includes the cited midwestern state.

So, please, explain - how has banning prostitution solved the cited issues in these countries, lol? You wrote that banning prostitution will make sure that prostitutes are never raped again, yet simultaneously cited proof for this claim being false!

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 22:17
DA
Great job at putting words in other people's mouths. And there have been discussions (not only on lchat) on better solutions for these victims. Figuring out a way for better job opportunities, support groups, education, and whatnot. "If you had an actual solution for the problem of these women, you could implement it right now", yeahno, one person can't just come up with an idea and change the law overnight. You have not given any better solutions. Very few are "happy", which is debatable as we don't know their personal life, so you think we should just leave it as it is. Despite the numbers of victims keep rising.
Radical feminists are just 1 person? Who discovered prostitution just yesterday? They've been complaining about it for decades, and have achieved nothing.

I am not saying that prostitution needs a solution, the other person is saying that. Whether or not a woman is happy in the profession does not determine whether or not she should be banned from that profession.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 22:25
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 22:17
DA
Radical feminists are just 1 person? Who discovered prostitution just yesterday? They've been complaining about it for decades, and have achieved nothing.

I am not saying that prostitution needs a solution, the other person is saying that. Whether or not a woman is happy in the profession does not determine whether or not she should be banned from that profession.
Of course you don't, that's why you'll ignore almost 90% of victims in favour of a few and men who are buying women for sexual gratification.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

Do your research. https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData ... 040_EN.pdf

Prostitution is also EXTREMELY dangerous. https://endsexualexploitation.org/wp-c ... et_rv3.pdf

“Yeah, sometimes I do feel that they think I'm not a person. That anybody can just hurt me and just walk away.”

A study of 222 prostituted women (aged 18-59) in Chicago, who were currently in prostitution or had been within the past five years, reported violence across seven common prostitution activities (escort, exotic dancing, prostitution from one’s own residence, street, hotels, drug house, and survival sex). Violence was reported by the women in all prostitution venues. The 12 most common forms of violence included: slapping; punching; hair pulling; pinching; spanking; kicking; ripping clothes; throwing objects; threats with weapons; threats of rape; inserting fingers/objects; and rape.

A comparative study of 46 formerly prostituted females (indoor prostitution only) and a control group (CG) of 31 age and education matched South Korean women found that of the prostituted women:
• 78.3% experienced serious economic crisis including homelessness;
• 82.6% were kept under surveillance or in captivity;
• 71.7% were threatened with harm against those close to her or herself;
• 65.2% had their daily activities such as eating, sleeping, and using toilets were controlled;
• 54.3% physical appearance, body weight, and clothing controlled;
• 69.6% experienced unexpected/ uncontrollable sexual/ physical attack;
• 78.3% were emotionally abused, shamed, neglected, and spoken ill of.

In-depth interviews with 16 women (aged 20-38) incarcerated for prostitution-related offenses or on other charges but known to engage in prostitution, in a Midwestern county jail in the U.S., revealed that:
• 93.8% had experienced some sort of sexual assault;
• 75% had been raped by one or more sex buyer;
• 62.6% raped in another context on the streets;
• 37.5% had been kidnapped and held captive;
• 61.2% had been beaten;
• 31.3% punched or kicked;
• 31.3% stabbed or slashed;
• 25% hit with an object like a bat or brick
• 1 woman had been tortured with electric shock.

An investigation into the morality rate of women in prostitution revealed that the leading cause of death was homicide (19%) and found that actively prostituting women were nearly 18 times more likely to be murdered that women of similar age and race during the study interval.
The risks of this do not go down simply because a woman is “higher class,” charges more, “selects” her “clients”(rapists!!!), and so on.

Also don’t ignore the fact that legalized prostitution contributes to much higher rates of sex trafficking! Supply and demand. https://adcmemorial.org/en/news/15795/

In the Netherlands, according to an official report by the police from 2008, 50% to 90% of persons in prostitutions in legal brothels are actually victims of human trafficking.

With prostitution, porn and so on being normalized in society, it only reinforces that men have a right to women’s bodies, and that we are only objects of sexual pleasure for men. Hell NO to all of that!!!!!

“Choice feminism” is not feminism. The personal is political, the private is political. One cannot fight against the dehumanization/objectification of women simply by claiming that they personally “enjoy” doing what they do.

I would rather have the 11% of women who are “happy” doing “sex work” have to get new “jobs” than let the 89% be raped ever again.

To summarize: no real feminist will ever believe in “sex work” of any form, and men DON'T have a right to women's bodies.
DA. Thank you for these stats. Wish there was a way to pin a comment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 22:18
Also - I just googled South Korea, and prostitution is already banned here. So what is our great feminist, the only true feminist, going to do about it? Admit that banning prostitution does not solve those issues? Ban prostitution twice in South Korea? Ban it like really, really hard?

In the US prostitution is also mainly illegal, and it likely includes the cited midwestern state.

So, please, explain - how has banning prostitution solved the cited issues in these countries, lol? You wrote that banning prostitution will make sure that prostitutes are never raped again, yet simultaneously cited proof for this claim being false!

I don't know about Korea, but in US they are jailing the prostitutes. Instead they should punish the clients. That way the clientele will just dry up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Suuuure buddy lmao.

DA if you were a libfem for halloween you wouldn't even need a costume

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Prostitution should be banned, but not in the way most places are doing it. The problem with countries like South Korea is that they criminalize the prostitutes, instead of the pimps and johns. This isn't effective at all. Through the Nordic Model, victims could escape prostitution and rapists would be punished (as long as it's implemented correctly).

Also, if you read my sources you would see that legalizing prostitution only makes matters worse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:04
Guest wrote:

Prostitution should be banned, but not in the way most places are doing it. The problem with countries like South Korea is that they criminalize the prostitutes, instead of the pimps and johns. This isn't effective at all. Through the Nordic Model, victims could escape prostitution and rapists would be punished (as long as it's implemented correctly).

Also, if you read my sources you would see that legalizing prostitution only makes matters worse.
So currently it is legal to rape prostitutes in the US? Just not to pay for the services?

How exactly do you expect prostitutes to prove that they have been raped?

You're just daydreaming. You want to ban prostitution, and you don't care about the women involved in it. That's why you're satisfied with such shallow, nonsensical ''arguments'' about how making prostitution illegal will make sure that no prostitute is ever raped again. Because a rapist would never do something that's illegal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So currently it is legal to rape prostitutes in the US? Just not to pay for the services?

You're just daydreaming. You want to ban prostitution, and you don't care about the women involved in it. That's why you're satisfied with such shallow, nonsensical ''arguments'' about how making prostitution illegal will make sure that no prostitute is ever raped again. Because a rapist would never do something that's illegal.
Da. And the biggest projection award goes to... ^
don't talk big when you swept the stats and sources under the rug like it was nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
So if we can't completely stop all rapists, your solution is to give them easier access to victims? WTF

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
So if we can't completely stop all rapists, your solution is to give them easier access to victims? WTF
You know how many other things could be banned that would decrease rape statistics?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:28
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
You know how many other things could be banned that would decrease rape statistics?
Da. You know this conversation is currently about prostitution?
We could talk about rape statistics in general, but the conversation will change. Which is exactly what you want.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:31
We could talk about rape statistics in general, but the conversation will change. Which is exactly what you want.
Because prostitution doesn't exist in a vacuum. If you push for one law change by arguing that bans and punishments are justified, because that will result in decreased rape statistics, then sooner or later the same argument will be used to push for other law changes. I can imagine a lot of things that women could be banned from that would decrease rape statistics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:35
Guest wrote:
Because prostitution doesn't exist in a vacuum. If you push for one law change by arguing that bans and punishments are justified, because that will result in decreased rape statistics, then sooner or later the same argument will be used to push for other law changes. I can imagine a lot of things that women could be banned from that would decrease rape statistics.
Don't be vague now. What are some of the examples? And if what you said is true, were negative laws implemented that affected women due to the nordic model?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 23:35
Guest wrote:
Nordic model DOESN'T BAN WOMEN from anything. It bans men from buying sex. The prostitutes can keep standing on the street all they want and police wouldn't bother them, but clients will be afraid to buy their "services". This way standing on the street becomes just fruitless.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

more anti-goldstar bs on ovarit (lesbian circle) :eyeroll: so tired of these whiny fauxbians, and honestly tired of goldstars who are doormats and agree with non-goldstars' bs that we're """privileged""" and """lucky""" as goldstars

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 17:18
more anti-goldstar bs on ovarit (lesbian circle) :eyeroll: so tired of these whiny fauxbians, and honestly tired of goldstars who are doormats and agree with non-goldstars' bs that we're """privileged""" and """lucky""" as goldstars
here they all come with their "i dated and fucked men for years but am totally a lesbian and you're all evil if you disagree!" bullshit sob stories

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The ovarit fauxbians are the kind who'd fall head over heels for an average man if he says "I respect women". I don't trust them. If "comphet" is THAT traumatising why would you want to bring it up unless pushed to do so?
I might be too kind but I do believe that it is possible on this hugeass planet full of people to have rare cases of extremely spineless lesbians do "comphet", just like how drug addicts would do anything for money. But they won't be the ones whining about goldstars
The doormat goldstars only want more numbers in the circle, but that's not the way to do it

gyesy
Reactions:

Post by gyesy »

I am a bisexual,i have 2 kids with my ex, and i am very much inlove with a lesbian who happens to be goldstar.Is it possible she will even look at me? :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Loud and wrong. You can criminalize the clients without criminalizing the """sex workers""" if that's your preferred euphemism for women trafficked into sex slavery. Just google the Nordic model for banning sex purchase and stop embarrassing yourself

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 21:29
Guest wrote:
The ovarit fauxbians are the kind who'd fall head over heels for an average man if he says "I respect women". I don't trust them. If "comphet" is THAT traumatising why would you want to bring it up unless pushed to do so?
I might be too kind but I do believe that it is possible on this hugeass planet full of people to have rare cases of extremely spineless lesbians do "comphet", just like how drug addicts would do anything for money. But they won't be the ones whining about goldstars
The doormat goldstars only want more numbers in the circle, but that's not the way to do it
x1000 they hate heteronormativity or whatever socialization that makes men become unbearable, it's never about being genuinely sexually unattracted to men. Just like how bis on twitter are quick to say "men are trash", but are also the first ones to worship them. Anti-goldstars are overcompensating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gyesy wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 21:47
I am a bisexual,i have 2 kids with my ex, and i am very much inlove with a lesbian who happens to be goldstar.Is it possible she will even look at me? :'(
leave that woman alone, I am sure there is a nice man out there for you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I kinda understand both sides but I don't completely agree with neither. I think it is possible that some very young inexperienced and insecure lesbian with no self respect might sleep with a guy once (or at most a few times) before accepting that she really is a lesbian, but I imagine that experience would make her feel disgusted and traumatized. I can't imagine myself ever letting a man do that to me (ew), I respect my body too much to let someone I'm repulsed by ever touch me. I mean if you are not turned on by that person and burning with desire, why even have sex? What's the point? Unfortunately it is true that many girls and women are brainwashed into having sex with men for completely wrong reasons.
However a lot of late bloomers say they slept with their boyfriends for years and felt nothing (not even disgust), and that just doesn't scream lesbianism to me. I've seen some "late bloomer" youtubers who had sex with their ex boyfriends for years and years now claim that they are lesbians and that's not only silly but also infuriating and insulting.
And a lot of them are saying that us "goldstars" knew from the young age and we all had supportive families and we had it so easy, but personally none of that is true for me (and maaany others), not even close.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 21:29
Guest wrote:
Don't comphet was written by a bisexual?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wow... I thought, besides this forum, Ovarit and MumsNet were considered gender-critical TERF central. Are cracks showing now among the diverse lesbians there?