f/f Ships That You Don't Like

Reactions:

Re: f/f Ships That You Don't Like

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 11:39
I was excited for Batwoman but I had to stop watching because every ep they made much a big deal about how gay this is gay , look at the equality and gayness. Not in a good way. Just write a story and let the characters speak for themselves. Let it be normal.
We all wanted Batwoman to be good or at least fun and ship worthy. The show has made countless mistakes. ship wise the back story between Kate and Sophie has potential but season one Sophie was written as not very likeable and then the whole plot was gone in season two replace by the total waste of time of Ryan's romance. I guess they are now trying to go back to Kate/Sophie. Hopefully round 2 will be better. I hope so the only decent thing about this season has been Sophie and she constantly gets shit on by Ryan her brat sister and junkie Jacob. She deserves a break. Hopefully they will have more onscreen chemistry in the next episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 11:34
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 11:27
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 10:01
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 07:36
The Maya Carina relationship is terrible; cheating w a man, emotional shit show. plus the shippers are also pathetic, including the apparently unavoidable RPS.
If it all the actress baiting and being a fake Queer that causes this RPS. The Wilds girls do it and these two do it. The WayShit girls do it. It just generates creepy RPS. Best of it is that all these actress baiting and saying they are queer are all straight as fuck.

Also, speaking of actress sexuality. Remember when Batwoman made a big deal about how they were going to cast as Queer Actress to play Batwoman - just because they had Ruby Rose in mind and then they had the new actress Javicia Leslie say she is bi just so it didn't look like they were replacing Ruby with some straight lady. Now with the recasting of Kate we are now over that? Now the shows doesn't need a big announcement about an actors sexuality?
They should have focused on acting ability not sexuality in the first place. Neither Ruby nor Javicia should have been cast. Jury is still out on if Wallis will be decent yet but not been impressed so far.
Only so much you can do with bad writing on BW. Go watch Krypton. She's great it that show.
Its Batwoman so I am not expecting much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 03:44
Guest633 wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 02:51
Emison. Oh my god. I know Shay is not the biggest fan of going all in with kisses but she did just fine with Lindsey Sahw (and Bianca Lawson). That story about Alison being forcefully impregnated and that's what makes them get together just makes my stomach turn. Seriously who the hell thinks that is romantic? Not to mention their -1000 chemistry rating. Emily is gorgeous but such a doormat.

I can't stand Dansen. I have better chemistry with some random girl on the street than those two. I do like Chyler (even though her coming out seemed very staged) but I just don't see it.

Clexa. I liked Lexa's character but Clarke was just boring beyond belief.
Emison was so contrived and their interactions were so wooden, it actually turned me off the spin-off. Those kisses 🤢🤢🤢. It was like they were being held at gun point.

Dansen I wanted to like because I quite like Kelly as a character but they’re so underdeveloped and the chemistry isn’t there, unfortunately. Maybe if they got actual screentime, idk. But I also didn’t like Sanvers, other than a few scenes before they got together. Maybe it’s the writers. I always thought Alex and Sam could have good together though.
This is so true lol. I don't know which kisses are worst: Emison or Brittana from Glee (and I loved them back in my teenage years).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 17:56
Guest wrote:
Guest633 wrote:
Emison. Oh my god. I know Shay is not the biggest fan of going all in with kisses but she did just fine with Lindsey Sahw (and Bianca Lawson). That story about Alison being forcefully impregnated and that's what makes them get together just makes my stomach turn. Seriously who the hell thinks that is romantic? Not to mention their -1000 chemistry rating. Emily is gorgeous but such a doormat.

I can't stand Dansen. I have better chemistry with some random girl on the street than those two. I do like Chyler (even though her coming out seemed very staged) but I just don't see it.

Emison was so contrived and their interactions were so wooden, it actually turned me off the spin-off. Those kisses 🤢🤢🤢. It was like they were being held at gun point.

Dansen I wanted to like because I quite like Kelly as a character but they’re so underdeveloped and the chemistry isn’t there, unfortunately. Maybe if they got actual screentime, idk. But I also didn’t like Sanvers, other than a few scenes before they got together. Maybe it’s the writers. I always thought Alex and Sam could have good together though.
This is so true lol. I don't know which kisses are worst: Emison or Brittana from Glee (and I loved them back in my teenage years).
Shoni are worst than both of them when it comes to kisses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest633 wrote:

okay, relax lol I know you don't like that ship but NOTHING will compare to Emmison or Brittana kisses or hell even Dansen kisses.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest633 wrote:

okay, relax lol I know you don't like that ship but NOTHING will compare to Emmison or Brittana kisses or hell even Dansen kisses.
:rofl: Post your worst kiss gif spam time. To be honest I think they are all bad in their own special ways. The not-Alex one in Dansen always looks likes she smelling a horrible fart when she kisses Alex...scrunches up her face and everything. Brittana kiss like how people would kiss their gran, Emison just sort of rub their face together....Shoni are just low effort...can't be arsed. They are least don't appear totally disgusted by each other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

:rofl: Post your worst kiss gif spam time. To be honest I think they are all bad in their own special ways. The not-Alex one in Dansen always looks likes she smelling a horrible fart when she kisses Alex...scrunches up her face and everything. Brittana kiss like how people would kiss their gran, Emison just sort of rub their face together....Shoni are just low effort...can't be arsed. They are least don't appear totally disgusted by each other.
okay, your description of these kisses LMAO

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

beat this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:23
beat this
In the grand scheme of horrible Emily/Alison kisses that one isn't actually that bad at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:17
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 18:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

okay, your description of these kisses LMAO
da made me watch Dansen kisses to see if this was legit (it is) :rofl: Agree that Brittana's kisses were like grandmother kisses, the only exception is the wedding episode kiss in which one of them tries really hard while the other looks like it's just torture to kiss so she lets herself be kissed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 06:47
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 05:29
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 05:23
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 05:17
I agree about Batwoman. None of the couples in that show had any chemistry. Ruby Rose is Ruby Rose and had a stiff onscreen presence so didn't have much chemistry with her love interests. Even worse is the new Batwoman Ryan who comes across as straight as fuck...she looks like vague friends with her love interest. Not romantic between them and they never even kissed. Very friendship vibe. No wonder they wanted bring on a Kate Kane replacement who so far doesnt seem to be able to generate chemistry between Sophie and Kate.
How do all these women who are apparently not straight manage to be so useless in this regard.
Bc at the end of the day they’re not good actors. Majority of these ships that ppl don’t like, it’s bc one or both of the actresses aren’t that great.
For the life of me after watching the latest episode I don't get why all these people we so happy that Wallis Day is playing Kate. I would say she's worse than Ruby Rose and she just stood around with her mouth half open.

The only actor I feel sorry for in this mess is Megan Tandy who is fairly decent and just get horrible on screen partners.
Da

With all the complaints about Ryan/Javicia, and all the praise I saw when Wallis was cast, I thought Wallis was going to come with some real acting chops. But it’s all talk. I think people wanting Kate back clouded their vision because I caught up with weekend and really, she’s just okay. I found her scenes with Sophie were the best because hers and Megan’s behind the scenes chemistry translates well, and they look good together but I’m still not quite sold on them as a couple. Maybe it’s because of what the other anon said, the acting. Wallis brings nothing new or exciting to the role of Kate Kane. Like, no one on that show is getting any awards, but Megan, Nicole(Mary) and Rachel(when she isn’t chewing the scenery)are at least good at their jobs. For all the bitching about the new character messing up the show, you’d think they’d bring in someone really good but she’s just Ruby Rose 2.0. But that hug between Sophie x Kate was more lesbian action than they’ve had all season so who knows, maybe the Kate/Sophie ship might finally take off if the write it well down the line.
I didn't watch Krypton and I don't think many other people did but what did Wallis Day do that she had so many people insisting she should be Kate Kane like way back when Ruby was let go.

PLL
Reactions:

Post by PLL »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 05:30
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 04:25
Guest wrote:
Guest633 wrote:

da I really liked Emison in the beginning in the flashbacks. But when they actually had scenes in real time it just didn't work. The chemistry disappeared. It was so uncomfortable.
DA I watched the first couple, maybe three, seasons of PLL and I based on what I heard about it afterwards I feel like there just must have been something at least a bit wrong with the showrunner. Like, sorry for the het talk, but at the time I watched I really assumed that the show understood that Aria and the predator teacher were fucked up, but early on it was just writing from Aria's POV, because of course no normal adult, and certainly no accomplished professional adult woman, would fail to see how it's not okay. Totally did not deserve my benefit of the doubt, apparently. And then with Emison I thought it was about Emily having been vulnerable and getting caught in a toxic mindgame of a relationship (same as the other Liars did with Alison in their way, but it was a lot more intimate for her) that she would eventually recover and move on from, because what was shown of Alison, such a master player of mindgames even so young never suggested endgame potential to me.
DA I agree with you. I was super disappointed to see Emily regress and all her character development go to hell. Like, she goes back to being a 14 year old with a stupid crush. I wish she'd gotten together with Paige in the end. The character was one of the few that actually acted like an adult in the last season and fucking hell, Emily at least smiled around her. Anything is better than this BS they gave us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why don't I like the Station 19 couple. They are both good looking and seem super comfortable with each other. There is just something I can't connect with.

Brittana
Reactions:

Post by Brittana »

I loved Brittana because I wanted it to be real back then - that for once, we'd get the story where two girls CAN stay together and be happy.

Years later, I just wonder why Naya hated kissing Heather so much? I think heather would've been down with better kisses. At least 5x12 hints at it.... but Naya looked like she was kissing a toddler or her grandma.

Always.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Brittana wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 19:30
I loved Brittana because I wanted it to be real back then - that for once, we'd get the story where two girls CAN stay together and be happy.

Years later, I just wonder why Naya hated kissing Heather so much? I think heather would've been down with better kisses. At least 5x12 hints at it.... but Naya looked like she was kissing a toddler or her grandma.

Always.
Same. Brittana helped me figure out my sexuality. I was so invested, that speech in 2x15 was all I needed to hear back then. I think Naya just wasn't comfortable with the idea of kissing a woman, at least that's what it seemed. With Demi Lovato it was even worse lol. Heather was more chill and open minded.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Britanna
Wayhaught
Maya/Carina
Alex/Kelly
Clexa
Emily/Allison

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 19:29
Why don't I like the Station 19 couple. They are both good looking and seem super comfortable with each other. There is just something I can't connect with.
As someone who watched a bunch of their clips on YouTube and didn’t really care, I feel this. They’re cute but Carina is so underwritten and they don’t have actual conversations, so it’s hard to get invested because I’m past the point of caring about ships just because they’re gay.m but I’m also not a fan of primetime dramas and their soapy opera-ness so maybe that’s it. I need actual plots and story development that isn’t just baseless drama. Their physical chemistry is really good though, I wish more lesbian couples had that casual intimacy because sometimes even with good writing, the actresses act like they’re afraid to touch each other lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lots of couples look like are afraid of touching each other like Emison, Brittana and Shoni.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 19:40
Brittana wrote:

Always.
Same. Brittana helped me figure out my sexuality. I was so invested, that speech in 2x15 was all I needed to hear back then. I think Naya just wasn't comfortable with the idea of kissing a woman, at least that's what it seemed. With Demi Lovato it was even worse lol. Heather was more chill and open minded.
I think it's hilarious how some people say Naya Rivera was bisexual. There's no way in hell she was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 21:28
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 19:40
Brittana wrote:

Always.
I think it's hilarious how some people say Naya Rivera was bisexual. There's no way in hell she was.
There are actresses who claim to be bisexual or queer despite looking uncomfortable kissing a woman like that Mia Healey.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 20:32
Guest wrote:
As someone who watched a bunch of their clips on YouTube and didn’t really care, I feel this. They’re cute but Carina is so underwritten and they don’t have actual conversations, so it’s hard to get invested because I’m past the point of caring about ships just because they’re gay.m but I’m also not a fan of primetime dramas and their soapy opera-ness so maybe that’s it. I need actual plots and story development that isn’t just baseless drama. Their physical chemistry is really good though, I wish more lesbian couples had that casual intimacy because sometimes even with good writing, the actresses act like they’re afraid to touch each other lol
With a lot of the popular lesbian ships these days, it’s either both of them have hands on each other’s faces, they do that closed mouth pecking thing with their lips when they kiss, or there’s this space between them when they kiss because neither woman wants to hold the other by her waist. I just can’t get into half the current ships because the women playing lesbians look like they’re being held for ransom when they have to touch their partners… Like why even bother taking the role if you can’t even fake it????

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 21:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
With a lot of the popular lesbian ships these days, it’s either both of them have hands on each other’s faces, they do that closed mouth pecking thing with their lips when they kiss, or there’s this space between them when they kiss because neither woman wants to hold the other by her waist. I just can’t get into half the current ships because the women playing lesbians look like they’re being held for ransom when they have to touch their partners… Like why even bother taking the role if you can’t even fake it????
Yep pretty much all them. Could be worse like Batwoman where they can't even kiss.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 21:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
With a lot of the popular lesbian ships these days, it’s either both of them have hands on each other’s faces, they do that closed mouth pecking thing with their lips when they kiss, or there’s this space between them when they kiss because neither woman wants to hold the other by her waist.[\b] I just can’t get into half the current ships because the women playing lesbians look like they’re being held for ransom when they have to touch their partners… Like why even bother taking the role if you can’t even fake it????

This is something that bothers me and it's so common. Those A frame kisses or hugs. Why do they do that?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shoni with all the crimes of bad kisses- too much hands on the face, a-frame stance and just shoving face together. Bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:rofl: a-frame...gotta keep the holy spirit inbetween

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:26
Shoni with all the crimes of bad kisses- too much hands on the face, a-frame stance and just shoving face together. Bad.

I admit to not watching this show so maybe I’m missing stuff but based on this clip how the fuck do they have so many fans. Are there better scenes of them?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:33
Guest wrote:

I admit to not watching this show so maybe I’m missing stuff but based on this clip how the fuck do they have so many fans. Are there better scenes of them?
No all their kisses are terrible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:33
Guest wrote:

nah i’ve watched the show it’s not anything special. i guess there are a few tension scenes but once they kiss it really falls apart imo. but it’s teenagery so i guess it prob appeals a lot to a teenager crowd.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel:
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:29
Crime of 90% of kisses. You will get it with hugs too.

Notices these awful kisses happen no matter if you have a straight lady or one of the alleged queer actress same nonsense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Make sure that jesus can easily slip between you. Or at least kiss in a full latin hold, don't do a ballroom hold. Might graze your nipples in that. Can never be too careful.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 23:06
Guest wrote:
Make sure that jesus can easily slip between you. Or at least kiss in a full latin hold, don't do a ballroom hold. Might graze your nipples in that. Can never be too careful.
My favorite, where both actresses grab the faces for the kiss!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 23:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you being sarcastic in this one? I personally like when the move their heads back and forth so quickly that we can't see they aren't even kissing but a slow mo gif reveals the truth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WayHaught - I tried so many times to get into Wynnona Earp and just can't get through it. It's cheesy without the charm to make that work.

Villaneve - First season was fun, then they really ruined the character of Eve and then followed it by ruining the character of Villanelle. Crap writing + Sandra Oh's dumbass comments about the pairing and it's a no fucking thanks man.

Flozmin (Las Estrellas) - Got a rec here for this one, and I normally love watching spanish language soaps with ff pairings (come through Luimelia), but this one was pretty meh. The pairing felt more mother/daughter due to Flor's character. I dunno, it just never worked for me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 00:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Are you being sarcastic in this one? I personally like when the move their heads back and forth so quickly that we can't see they aren't even kissing but a slow mo gif reveals the truth.
Da
Gifs really reveal so much. I always go back to this one whenever I think of not kissing. The original scene is in a dark room and it moves so fast that at the time I thought it looked good. But looking at it now, LMAO!! Someone in the kissing thread called it ‘face rolling’ and I agree!
[Grey’s Anatomy; Arizona and Lauren]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 01:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Gifs really reveal so much. I always go back to this one whenever I think of not kissing. The original scene is in a dark room and it moves so fast that at the time I thought it looked good. But looking at it now, LMAO!! Someone in the kissing thread called it ‘face rolling’ and I agree!
[Grey’s Anatomy; Arizona and Lauren]
Oh my god :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was being sarcastic but I don't understand your response lol You like when you don't know if they're kissing or not?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 01:46
WayHaught - I tried so many times to get into Wynnona Earp and just can't get through it. It's cheesy without the charm to make that work.

Villaneve - First season was fun, then they really ruined the character of Eve and then followed it by ruining the character of Villanelle. Crap writing + Sandra Oh's dumbass comments about the pairing and it's a no fucking thanks man.
I’ve been trying to put into words what doesn’t work for me with this show and it’s this! Even bad writing can be fun to watch if it’s engaging and charming. But this show feels like fan fiction and not in a good way. The lesbian couple are really natural together though, too bad they’re not in a better show.

I also agree with you on Killing Eve. I watched for Sandra Oh(what did she say btw?) and loved season 1, but they really sidelined Eve and are so directionless with Villanelle it’s just dull to watch. And maybe I’m in the minority, but I never got the sense that the writers were going to seriously pursue a lesbian relationship? It seemed homo erotic but I had a feeling they were going to explain it away by calling it just general obsession tbh. I also can’t seriously see Eve and Villanelle together so maybe I’m biased.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't stop laughing at The Wilds and Lauren/Arizona. Soooo bad :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Like what is this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 01:54
Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 01:46

I’ve been trying to put into words what doesn’t work for me with this show and it’s this! Even bad writing can be fun to watch if it’s engaging and charming. But this show feels like fan fiction and not in a good way. The lesbian couple are really natural together though, too bad they’re not in a better show.

I also agree with you on Killing Eve. I watched for Sandra Oh(what did she say btw?) and loved season 1, but they really sidelined Eve and are so directionless with Villanelle it’s just dull to watch. And maybe I’m in the minority, but I never got the sense that the writers were going to seriously pursue a lesbian relationship? It seemed homo erotic but I had a feeling they were going to explain it away by calling it just general obsession tbh. I also can’t seriously see Eve and Villanelle together so maybe I’m biased.
Before S2 when all of the marketing materials around Killing Eve were playing up the Villaneve relationship, she acted like people were reading into it things that weren't there, which was fucking ABSURD with all the "have you seen my girlfriend?" and "sorry baby" posters. The exact quote was: "You guys are tricky because you want to make it into something… but it just isn’t,”

First of all, she can fuck right off with "you guys" and gaslighting us into think there wasn't something romantic happening between Eve/Villanelle in S1. She also said Villaneve wasn't the “focus or a message” of the show. With the fuckery of S2 it really just put me off KE (haven't liked Sandra Oh either). Crumbs are for pigeons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 01:59
Like what is this?

They’re a boring couple, but I can’t really see this kiss tbh so I don’t have an opinion one way or another. I do like that they’re actually caressing each other and there isn’t some foot long space between them. Way more realistic than when couples grab each other’s faces but their bodies are on different continents.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I too did this ship via youtube comps. I've only just realised the season wasn't finished when I did so, I thought I was jumping in during a break for the show. No idea how many scenes have happened since my watch. There's a wedding I think? I just have no desire to go back and check it out so I guess it never connected with me after all. I wasn't so ehh in the moment. But maybe I was just appreciating that the characters are grown women, it seems rare for f/f to not be teens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't have a GIF right on hand, but for all that this is actually a ship that I did like, quite a bit, and still have feelings about it, now that it's all over I feel like I have to admit that the Root/Shaw kisses were both pretty bad. Like, the moment in If-Then-Else is so epically romantic, but in the kiss itself it...looks like they're not even connecting in the right place imo. And then when they "reunite" in 6741, idk, it's just so out of step with the tone of the show as a whole that I just find the scene kind of goofy in spite of how much I want it to be hot, and despite finding the plot and emotional stakes of the episode compelling otherwise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 04:22
I don't have a GIF right on hand, but for all that this is actually a ship that I did like, quite a bit, and still have feelings about it, now that it's all over I feel like I have to admit that the Root/Shaw kisses were both pretty bad. Like, the moment in If-Then-Else is so epically romantic, but in the kiss itself it...looks like they're not even connecting in the right place imo. And then when they "reunite" in 6741, idk, it's just so out of step with the tone of the show as a whole that I just find the scene kind of goofy in spite of how much I want it to be hot, and despite finding the plot and emotional stakes of the episode compelling otherwise.

I can understand this kiss being kinda messy because was life or death. Like it was during a literal shoot out lol. I still wish we’d gotten a better kiss during one of the machines simulations or something but I get why it was the way it was. All their prior interactions were subtext and innuendo and sure everyone wanted them to go there, but honestly, I was still shocked when I watched 411 and they actually did. Not because it was gay, but because of how unromantic this show is in general.

In 6741, I know it’s all a simulation and were meant to feel that somethings off but it’s so effective it feels like I’m watching some uncanny valley version of the show. So yeah, I agree that their sex scene was totally off. I mean, everything else so heavy and dreary, that tonal change was just weird? Also what box is Sarah Shahi standing on because she’s like 5’3 and Amy Acker is way taller lol.

I actually think their best intimate scene isn’t even a kiss, it’s the handholding scene in 5x10:

Just the way they look at each other, Shaw especially, is so good.

I’m rewatching POI rn which is why everything is so fresh in my mind, ha. It’s crazy though, they had maybe 15 minutes of actual onscreen romance, but their chemistry was still way better than half the ships floating around these days. Actors and their ability to sell interest and attraction can really make or break a ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Root and Shaw are the og Villanelle and Eve.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The couple in Lucifer. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 05:10
Weird part for me is that I latched right onto Root/Shaw--and might have even kept watching the show just for Root's stuff even if it had never went that direction--but have bounced hard off of Killing Eve. Somehow Root is exactly my taste in psycho murderers, who I'd have loved to watch even without any kind of reformation, while Villanelle just left me completely cold as far as I watched.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Avalance, what kind of kisses are those?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 05:29
Guest wrote:
16 Jun 2021, 05:10
Weird part for me is that I latched right onto Root/Shaw--and might have even kept watching the show just for Root's stuff even if it had never went that direction--but have bounced hard off of Killing Eve. Somehow Root is exactly my taste in psycho murderers, who I'd have loved to watch even without any kind of reformation, while Villanelle just left me completely cold as far as I watched.
Da I was actually a little disappointed when Root got reformed because I loved how unrepentant and vicious she was. Comparing Root and Villanelle, I think I just prefer Root’s cheerful sadism and her intensely reactive personality. Villanelle is a bit like that but I find Root’s quirks endearing whereas with Villanelle it comes off a bit like arrested development. She’s pretty much a cliche tv iteration of a psychopath which isn’t bad, but there’s not much to say about a character like that that isn’t already been said. I’m also a shipper and Eve and her do nothing for me.