Dragonfish wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 09:12
Dizz wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 08:05
Dragonfish wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:20
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:13
I cannot believe what I have just seen on itv news. The incompetent, heartless clown Boris Johnson being asked about a garden party for 100 people during the height of lockdown and his response was a smirk and a bit of laugh. Jesus fucking christ.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that prickled at that. Ugh. I really have no words at all. There’s not a chance in hell he will resign so it’ll be either a leadership challenge or wait until the next GE, but that won’t do much if it’s true that Corbyn is seeking to start his own party because that will just splinter the labour party even more.
I think BoJo is probably trying to figure who fucked him here.

You have to ask yourself why this leaked now?

My thoughts are that majority of Tories want him replaced now, to give them time for many to forget in time for the next election. As the review into government lockdown breaches has started the rank and file will use that to deflect questions on this and BoJo will continue to think he can fuddle his way through this and continue to weaken his position. To me this all smarts of tactics - the kind of back stabbing that underpins the Tory party.

There was a rumour that picture of the outside cheese and wine working meeting came from Rishi's camp as it looked like it was taken from his offices. His group or Truss's may want to act sooner rather than later to get the top job. Rishi's tax and spending will start to bite soon and Truss has been stitched up with the Brexit brief. The oven ready deal is a dud and the EU are wise to the fact much of the ongoing theatrics are about the government sticking to it but blaming the problems on the EU ( we are being treated like a 3rd country like we said we wanted to be when we left )

Left field thought on the leak, didn't Gove miss an interview because he was trapped in a lift <_<

Just waiting for the Met to come along and say they don't investigate historical crimes :eyeroll:
Oh that’s interesting re Rishi 🤔 him and Truss have been very quiet recently…

Yes I saw he got stuck in a lift apparently lol. I did see on the BBC yesterday when he was asked (I think by Kay?) if he attended and how many parties he attended and he said “Very few” she said “ah right so you attended some then” lol. What a shit show.

On another note, what do people think about this petition getting the knighthood removed from Blair?
The brass neck on Burley though =_=
Yes I did think that as well, but she did her time. Wasn’t she suspended for 6 months? I can’t remember now how long it was for. At least she recognised her fault.
Last edited by Dragonfish on 11 Jan 2022, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfish
Reactions: 40

Re: British Politics Discussion Thread

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 12:15
Dragonfish wrote:
Guest wrote:
I cannot believe what I have just seen on itv news. The incompetent, heartless clown Boris Johnson being asked about a garden party for 100 people during the height of lockdown and his response was a smirk and a bit of laugh. Jesus fucking christ.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that prickled at that. Ugh. I really have no words at all. There’s not a chance in hell he will resign so it’ll be either a leadership challenge or wait until the next GE, but that won’t do much if it’s true that Corbyn is seeking to start his own party because that will just splinter the labour party even more.
He was giggling like a naughty schoolboy. He must be a heartless bastard. It was close in time to him meeting bereaved families where he told one he did everything he could to save their lives one. I think he is someone who is thinks he is above the rules and is totally incapable of telling the truth.

Also he is a coward as he is not turning up to parliament to answer the oppositions urgent question. Instead he has given another minister a hospital pass.
He also refused to correct the record about the remarks he made in October about inflation when asked to do so by Rayner last week and tried to leave. Granted the Speaker should have called him out, but still. He’s bloody weak as well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 12:11
Dragonfish wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 09:12
Dizz wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 08:05
Dragonfish wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think BoJo is probably trying to figure who fucked him here.

You have to ask yourself why this leaked now?

My thoughts are that majority of Tories want him replaced now, to give them time for many to forget in time for the next election. As the review into government lockdown breaches has started the rank and file will use that to deflect questions on this and BoJo will continue to think he can fuddle his way through this and continue to weaken his position. To me this all smarts of tactics - the kind of back stabbing that underpins the Tory party.

There was a rumour that picture of the outside cheese and wine working meeting came from Rishi's camp as it looked like it was taken from his offices. His group or Truss's may want to act sooner rather than later to get the top job. Rishi's tax and spending will start to bite soon and Truss has been stitched up with the Brexit brief. The oven ready deal is a dud and the EU are wise to the fact much of the ongoing theatrics are about the government sticking to it but blaming the problems on the EU ( we are being treated like a 3rd country like we said we wanted to be when we left )

Left field thought on the leak, didn't Gove miss an interview because he was trapped in a lift <_<

Just waiting for the Met to come along and say they don't investigate historical crimes :eyeroll:
Oh that’s interesting re Rishi 🤔 him and Truss have been very quiet recently…

Yes I saw he got stuck in a lift apparently lol. I did see on the BBC yesterday when he was asked (I think by Kay?) if he attended and how many parties he attended and he said “Very few” she said “ah right so you attended some then” lol. What a shit show.

On another note, what do people think about this petition getting the knighthood removed from Blair?
The brass neck on Burley though =_=
Yes I agree brass neck on Burley but she was punished. Wasnt she off air forv6 months. Burley did take Edward Agar apart though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 11:02
i am sure i am in the minority but Tony Blair deserves his knighthood. the NHS benefitted immensely during his terms and as for Iraq ... think unemotionally. at that point in time, is there any British PM, whichever party they were, who wouldn't follow US into war?

heck even today, no British govt dares to ignore US when it snaps its fingers.

yes, Blair should have done more due diligence and yes there were no nuclear weapons. i don't know whether he lied knowingly but i still say, no British PM would have ignored George Bush's call for war.
Been diehard Labour majority of my life. Blair put an end to that.
Never thought I’d ever loathe another politician as much as Thatcher. I was wrong.
I do not believe Blair deserved a knighthood and I signed the petition. The argument that all ex PM's get one so he should is nonesense. Based on that argument Bojo the clown will get one, for what one of the worse pandemic responses in the world and us becoming known as plague Island around the World.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No wonder plague Island had a terrible pandemic response their government were not working on the response they were too busy partying.

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 12:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
i am sure i am in the minority but Tony Blair deserves his knighthood. the NHS benefitted immensely during his terms and as for Iraq ... think unemotionally. at that point in time, is there any British PM, whichever party they were, who wouldn't follow US into war?

yes, Blair should have done more due diligence and yes there were no nuclear weapons. i don't know whether he lied knowingly but i still say, no British PM would have ignored George Bush's call for war.
Never thought I’d ever loathe another politician as much as Thatcher. I was wrong.
I do not believe Blair deserved a knighthood and I signed the petition. The argument that all ex PM's get one so he should is nonesense. Based on that argument Bojo the clown will get one, for what one of the worse pandemic responses in the world and us becoming known as plague Island around the World.
BoJo knighted for services to the clowning profession =_=
:mask:

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 13:00
No wonder plague Island had a terrible pandemic response their government were not working on the response they were too busy partying.
I think the line is work meeting with cheese and wine

I seriously saw one of the Tories (the other guy with the BoJo haircut) try to justify it as ok as they had been working together all day (presumably in different offices) and didn't include outsiders. Totally normal

Also it was literally weeks after the stupid fucker BoJo nearly died of Covid (at one point it was touch and go if he needed to go on a ventilator.) He was in a much worse place than was let on. Possibly why the fucker feels invincible

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Politics is a strange thing especially in hindsight. My better half is an NHS consultant and we have actually utter the words, Jeremy Hunt would be better 008

She was still a junior doctor (registrar) when Hunt fucked them all over on contracts, working hours and pay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 16:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Politics is a strange thing especially in hindsight. My better half is an NHS consultant and we have actually utter the words, Jeremy Hunt would be better 008

She was still a junior doctor (registrar) when Hunt fucked them all over on contracts, working hours and pay
SA Felt a bit sick the other week when I said the same about Gove…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 15:57
Guest wrote:

I seriously saw one of the Tories (the other guy with the BoJo haircut) try to justify it as ok as they had been working together all day (presumably in different offices) and didn't include outsiders. Totally normal

Also it was literally weeks after the stupid fucker BoJo nearly died of Covid (at one point it was touch and go if he needed to go on a ventilator.) He was in a much worse place than was let on. Possibly why the fucker feels invincible
Can't use cheese and wine work meeting for the one on 20th May 2020 at the height of the pandemic because invites were sent by email.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I did post on here, way back before Xmas, that many more parties would be disclosed.

It's a trickle feed. Definitely from Cummings but also it seems a leadership hopeful in the wings. Likely Sunak. Others and their teams don't have the easy oversight to get pictures and all the goings on.

Suggest anyone planning on putting a bet on re a leadership challenge, resignation, who's likely to succeed him get that bet on before PMQs tomorrow. And -

It's widely known, officially expected, that Boris will make a statement before PMQs Wednesday. Nobody, likely still being written, knows if it'll be an apology or huff and puff. Either way is irrelevant because after tomorrows PMQs more stuff will be trickle feed out.

I can only see this ending one way. And that is Boris actually having no choice but to resign. He'll try and hold on but with so many other things, other than Covid, becoming serious, if he doesn't resign, he'll be pushed by the letter threshold being meet. 54 needed for a leadership challenge. Nobody, only one, knows the official number but it seems the number could already be up in mid to high 30's. Depending on how he handles his statement and PMQs Wednesday could see more go in. Likely more will go in anyway.

It's really a case of whether they push him after the local elections in May or now before he can do anymore damage.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^Oh, I should've added - There pictures and/or video and/or voice recordings of some of the parties. Expect this to start being trickle feed to media. As I say, likely after Boris's Statement/PMQs Wednesday. He, his PR/Comms Team, have a nightmare because if he doesn't come clear on he whole distasteful saga Wednesday (so all the parties and suchlike) then the trickle feed will keep going. eg More parties being disclosed and distasteful pictures/video/recordings of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Boris the clown is the new Teflon Don, it's like every month he escapes a poltical scandal scott-free lol
-- dude is making a mockery of current British poltical society . He will yet again escape this one
-Opposition parties are weak, Boring is King :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:46
Boris the clown is the new Teflon Don, it's like every month he escapes a poltical scandal scott-free lol
-- dude is making a mockery of current British poltical society . He will yet again escape this one
-Opposition parties are weak, Boring is King :rofl:
Boris is no king, he's a coward. Left Downing Street this morning in his Range Rover and laid down on the back seat to hide from journos and photographers. I guess they couldn't fit a fridge in the back of the car 🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:44
^Oh, I should've added - There pictures and/or video and/or voice recordings of some of the parties. Expect this to start being trickle feed to media. As I say, likely after Boris's Statement/PMQs Wednesday. He, his PR/Comms Team, have a nightmare because if he doesn't come clear on he whole distasteful saga Wednesday (so all the parties and suchlike) then the trickle feed will keep going. eg More parties being disclosed and distasteful pictures/video/recordings of them.
I hope whoever is drip feeding this to the press waits for Boris to flat out lie in Parliament today because let's be honest he cannot open his mouth without lying and then bang release the photo evidence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
I hope whoever is drip feeding this to the press waits for Boris to flat out lie in Parliament today because let's be honest he cannot open his mouth without lying and then bang release the photo evidence.
It's fucking hilarious how the leaks come, the denials follow, and then once the denials are made the evidence then appears. It's funnier still that Boris keeps walking right into it. And by funny I mean an infuriating reminder of how much he thinks he can get away with and how much he is seemingly right. How many more cycles of this do we need to go through before it's one too many lie and he is finally shuffled out the back door?

I don't know if he still plans to make that statement or that address or whatever it's meant to be before PMQs today, but if it isn't a frank admission of guilt, I want the photos and videos to be dropped right as he stands to the despatch box. I would love to see him standing there flat out lying while everyone around him is watching the evidence.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 09:56
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 09:25
Guest wrote:
It's fucking hilarious how the leaks come, the denials follow, and then once the denials are made the evidence then appears. It's funnier still that Boris keeps walking right into it. And by funny I mean an infuriating reminder of how much he thinks he can get away with and how much he is seemingly right. How many more cycles of this do we need to go through before it's one too many lie and he is finally shuffled out the back door?

I don't know if he still plans to make that statement or that address or whatever it's meant to be before PMQs today, but if it isn't a frank admission of guilt, I want the photos and videos to be dropped right as he stands to the despatch box. I would love to see him standing there flat out lying while everyone around him is watching the evidence.
The “Led by Donkeys” group should set up a big screen near to where he does the speech (if it’s being done outside No.10) and play the evidence on a loop. Like they did when they trolled the met police for refusing to investigate the xmas parties.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A fewer number of his party turned up to defend him in the chamber yesterday than turned up for his actual party. Dead man walking.

Just a pity that being both shameless and arrogant means that walk will take far longer.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

High Court rules use of “VIP Lanes” to give contracts regarding PPE unlawful;

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/government-vi ... 11684.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Popcorn at the ready.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:

that was Michael Fabricant i think, on Shelagh Fogarty's show on LBC.

this line that it is okay to not be masked with people you work closely with stumps me. it was the line Johnson/Gove/Mogg/one of them, took when pictures emerged of unmasked cabinet meetings.

so you work closely with someone ...don't they go home, grocery shopping, don't their partners/families go out?

does the virus have a 'don't attack close workers' policy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I never thought I'd say this but I wish Bercow was speaker right now.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:02
Popcorn at the ready.
Same. What a pathetic excuse “the garden at No. 10 is an extension of the office. I attended to thank everyone for their hard work.”

Nonsense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:41
I did post on here, way back before Xmas, that many more parties would be disclosed.

It's a trickle feed. Definitely from Cummings but also it seems a leadership hopeful in the wings. Likely Sunak. Others and their teams don't have the easy oversight to get pictures and all the goings on.

Suggest anyone planning on putting a bet on re a leadership challenge, resignation, who's likely to succeed him get that bet on before PMQs tomorrow. And -

It's widely known, officially expected, that Boris will make a statement before PMQs Wednesday. Nobody, likely still being written, knows if it'll be an apology or huff and puff. Either way is irrelevant because after tomorrows PMQs more stuff will be trickle feed out.

I can only see this ending one way. And that is Boris actually having no choice but to resign. He'll try and hold on but with so many other things, other than Covid, becoming serious, if he doesn't resign, he'll be pushed by the letter threshold being meet. 54 needed for a leadership challenge. Nobody, only one, knows the official number but it seems the number could already be up in mid to high 30's. Depending on how he handles his statement and PMQs Wednesday could see more go in. Likely more will go in anyway.

It's really a case of whether they push him after the local elections in May or now before he can do anymore damage.

this is the most corrupt and disgusting government in my memory. even if Johnson is pushed out, it will be hard for me to tolerate another Tory.

i do hope the electorate has had enough of 10-12 years of Tory rule and votes in either Labour or some form of coalition.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The man is stood there apologising for something that he says Starmer can't accuse him of until after the enquiry establishes what happened. Peak comedy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Call after call for him to resign on one side of the house. Questions about washing machines from his own side :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:11
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:08
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 04:41

this is the most corrupt and disgusting government in my memory. even if Johnson is pushed out, it will be hard for me to tolerate another Tory.

i do hope the electorate has had enough of 10-12 years of Tory rule and votes in either Labour or some form of coalition.
Tranny lover detected
is that the best you can do? you spent about a minute of your life contributing no value to this discussion. extrapolating that, your life mustn't be filled much with sparkling jewels of wit and intellect.

oh, and go on, detect away all you want. take your very simple pleasures this way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:06
I never thought I'd say this but I wish Bercow was speaker right now.
Right? Lindsay Hoyle has been a huge let down in the chair (not just today).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not trying to deflect (unlike the butt hurt Tory who repeatedly screams tranny lover at anyone criticising her party’s fuck ups) BUT what the hell does Rayner have on her feet?

/shallow post

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“Morally distant” - that was a cracking line. I hope the headline writers use that one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:35
Call after call for him to resign on one side of the house. Questions about washing machines from his own side :rofl:
Shame on those Tory MP's who agreed to stand up and put a 'change the subject's question st PMQ's.

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:35
At least they didn't ask about Peppa Pig world

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 12:03
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:

that was Michael Fabricant i think, on Shelagh Fogarty's show on LBC.

this line that it is okay to not be masked with people you work closely with stumps me. it was the line Johnson/Gove/Mogg/one of them, took when pictures emerged of unmasked cabinet meetings.

so you work closely with someone ...don't they go home, grocery shopping, don't their partners/families go out?

does the virus have a 'don't attack close workers' policy?
The thing is others didn't think like this. I work in the food industry and our factories kept going through COVID but we cancelled any kind of large meeting inside or out. Teams / desks / production lines all socially distanced

The straws are being clutched here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To the poster who has made a few posts about who is leaking stuff on Boris. Personally I couldn't give a shit who it is as long as they keep twisting the knife and keep their foot on his throat until he resigns or gets the boot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even if this gets to be investigated by the Police I fail to see how the Met can do it. I mean how can they conduct an impartial investigation when they were complicit. On one hand they were breaking up parties and gatherings all over London and arresting and fining people and then they were providing security to the Downing Street parties.

Another Police force must step in and I don't care who - Yorkshire, Midlands, Avon and Somerset I don't care but it cannot be the Met.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 11:36

Lost in the party melee. Interesting timing, hmm…

Like Capone and tax evasion, Johnstone will eventually go down for the party shenanigans when it’s the plethora of corruption like above that he really should answer for.

Not that I’m condoning the shameful hypocrisy of him and his staff; I’m just sickened by how we’re all just inured now to this governments rough shod dismantling of any semblance of democracy, standards, decency.
This is not a government, it’s a cabal of money grabbers.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 14:53
Even if this gets to be investigated by the Police I fail to see how the Met can do it. I mean how can they conduct an impartial investigation when they were complicit. On one hand they were breaking up parties and gatherings all over London and arresting and fining people and then they were providing security to the Downing Street parties.

Another Police force must step in and I don't care who - Yorkshire, Midlands, Avon and Somerset I don't care but it cannot be the Met.
I doubt they will investigate. If anything they will refer themselves to the police watchdog and get a slap on the wrist, like they did a few weeks ago and the case will just be handed back to them.

I can’t see how another police force can investigate when it’s not their jurisdiction. I suspect calls for those officers who were overseeing the security will be asked to resign and likely Cressida d--- will be asked to resign again if she refuses to investigate.

I sincerely hope (but I know it won’t happen) that if there’s a new leader they call a GE. It’s only fair the country get to choose who the PM is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Spot on. d--- still being in situ stinks as much as Johnson does.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sam Coates from Sky news reporting that Tory MP Simon Hoare told him that the 20th May Downing Street Garden party was a thank you to Raab for deputising as PM while Johnson was in hospital. :hmmm: so who would want to thank him? Johnson of course.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What a terrible day for the establishment:

1) Bojo the charlatan bang to rights, he's dead man walking, a PM not much longer with zero authority. Only a matter of time before he's done.

2) High Court rules government VIP lane unlawful. Cronyism unlawful.

3) Prince Andrew's appeal to dismiss case against him failed. Judge orders it can proceed to trial.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:11
Sam Coates from Sky news reporting that Tory MP Simon Hoare told him that the 20th May Downing Street Garden party was a thank you to Raab for deputising as PM while Johnson was in hospital. :hmmm: so who would want to thank him? Johnson of course.
Raab's spokesperson denied that the party was for Raab. Categorically denies that Raab was invited or attended.

Here we go they have started throwing each other under the bus.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:02
Dragonfish wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 11:36

Lost in the party melee. Interesting timing, hmm…

Like Capone and tax evasion, Johnstone will eventually go down for the party shenanigans when it’s the plethora of corruption like above that he really should answer for.

Not that I’m condoning the shameful hypocrisy of him and his staff; I’m just sickened by how we’re all just inured now to this governments rough shod dismantling of any semblance of democracy, standards, decency.
This is not a government, it’s a cabal of money grabbers.
Completely agree and not just him but the rest that are also responsible for the shit ppe, billions of wasted tax money, millions of furlough money used by said MPs etc etc.

Absolutely will go down as the worst government in history.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No 10 saying Boris did not sign off on 20th May garden party and that he did not receive the email. In other word Boris are throwing Martin Reynolds under the bus.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

1922 committee meeting this afternoon. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:32
No 10 saying Boris did not sign off on 20th May garden party and that he did not receive the email. In other word Boris are throwing Martin Reynolds under the bus.

so he attended a party to which he wasn't invited?

in all this i keep thinking why would any woman want to be with him? what does Carrie Symonds see in him other than a money-grabbing, adulterous, lying, cheating, corrupt, venal person?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:48
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:32

so he attended a party to which he wasn't invited?

in all this i keep thinking why would any woman want to be with him? what does Carrie Symonds see in him other than a money-grabbing, adulterous, lying, cheating, corrupt, venal person?
Because she is also a money grabbing, adulterous (she had affair with Bojo knowing he was married), lying, cheating, corrupt, venal person. I would also add ambitious.

I always thought that it was only a matter of time before Bojo had an affair given Carrie has been pregnant 2/3 times in recent years but I now think that once he has been cast aside and loses the power and prestige of being PM she will cast him aside.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Douglas Ross leader of Scottish Tories has been the first Tory to say Boris should resign and this was after PMQs.

Nadine Dorres, Priti Patel and Michael Gove all tweeted support for PM. I didn't realise until it was pointed out on Sky news that Rishi Sunak did not attend PMQs and no tweet of support from him so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 16:37
Douglas Ross leader of Scottish Tories has been the first Tory to say Boris should resign and this was after PMQs.

Nadine Dorres, Priti Patel and Michael Gove all tweeted support for PM. I didn't realise until it was pointed out on Sky news that Rishi Sunak did not attend PMQs and no tweet of support from him so far.

maybe he has a sense of morals ... though with lot it is hard to tell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:05
Guest wrote:

I doubt they will investigate. If anything they will refer themselves to the police watchdog and get a slap on the wrist, like they did a few weeks ago and the case will just be handed back to them.

I can’t see how another police force can investigate when it’s not their jurisdiction. I suspect calls for those officers who were overseeing the security will be asked to resign and likely Cressida d--- will be asked to resign again if she refuses to investigate.

I sincerely hope (but I know it won’t happen) that if there’s a new leader they call a GE. It’s only fair the country get to choose who the PM is.
How much clout does Sue Gray have here? Because if the investigation she is doing has the potential to oust Johnson, then it might be a no-brainer to let the Met investigate instead because Gray's investigation would have to stop. If they get the Met involved, have a word in d---'s ear to find nothing, or at least find the minimal and slap a few wrists, then it's possible the Tories can stall Gray for long enough to get themselves geared up for a leadership contest, and then by the time she finishes, Johnson is on his way regardless of what she chucks onto the front pages. He's out, everyone's satisified by that before we even find out the extent of his fuckery. It would be as close to a dignified exit as he is likely to manage at this point. Everyone else implicated too badly to be involved in the leadership contest or on the front bench after it, is also removed from the scene. d--- gets moved on too with a promise of a nice little earner or a title in the future. Then Tory business as usual resumes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 16:37

He was in Ilfracombe of all places. Now I’m sure his visit was in the diary but could easily have been cancelled in such a time of crisis for his boss.

Machinations of Dom behind this one?

Sunak very much getting the up & coming spin from the press but it would be some leap given he’s only been an MP since 2015. I’m not sure the old party guard would go for it. Coupled with tax & NI rises it’s weird timing all round.

As others have said, I still can’t pinpoint why the timing of this leak NOW?