British Politics Discussion Thread

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For those interested in British politics.

:grouphug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am politically homeless. As a centre left feminist, I've resigned my Labour Party membership since the party has been taken over by Momentum extremists, and also over their policy and practices on feminism and gender, with the trans extremists being prioritised over women.

The political elite across all parties is failing the people. Legitimate concerns with respect to immigration policy have been ignored by the political class over decades, with accusations of racism thrown around rather than actually listening to communities and having a nuanced debate. Legitimate concerns with respect to predatory Asian male grooming gangs have also been ignored for decades and the authorities have been (and still are) more concerned with political correctness than safeguarding young girls. The Brexit debate was also polluted by accusations of racism thrown at pro Brexit supporters.

Politicians are too interested in virtue signalling than serving the people.

If the politicians don't listen to the people, there will be a dangerous upsurge of fascism in this country for a generation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I am politically homeless.  As a centre left feminist, I've resigned my Labour Party membership since the party has been taken over by Momentum extremists, and also over their policy and practices on feminism and gender, with the trans extremists being prioritised over women.

The political elite across all parties is failing the people.  Legitimate concerns with respect to immigration policy have been ignored by the political class over decades, with accusations of racism thrown around rather than actually listening to communities and having a nuanced debate.  Legitimate concerns with respect to predatory Asian male grooming gangs have also been ignored for decades and the authorities have been (and still are) more concerned with political correctness than safeguarding young girls.  The Brexit debate was also polluted by accusations of racism thrown at pro Brexit supporters.

Politicians are too interested in virtue signalling than serving the people.

If the politicians don't listen to the people, there will be a dangerous upsurge of fascism in this country for a generation.
I'm right there with you. I was truly shocked that labour party policy was that anyone who ID's as a woman can stand on women-only lists. I genuinely think that it should only be post-op transsexuals *at the least*. You can be a regular man, say 'I id as a woman', not even be presenting as female, and get on that list. WTF? Male privilege is very very real and that's why we have those lists.

Labour has lost the shark, they need to be sensible and think through these things. Same thing with the other things you talk about, they are just ignoring legitimate concerns. Extreme policies that ignore reality and practical concerns will only drive voters away.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I am politically homeless.
This is such a lovely phrase. I feel this way too. I feel as though there isn't a single party I identify with. I'd love to say the Green Party but they don't have a sound manifesto regarding the economy.

Agreed though, politics is a mess and it's simply because of the arrogance of politicians and how far removed they are from the people that they work for!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We have one of the worst, most useless govts I've seen and they're still neck and neck in the polls because the opposition is awful too.

Homeless people are filling up the streets and B&Bs.

There is a Spice epidemic while the govt bans mostly safe drugs like known compounds, cannabis and ecstasy. Common sense bypasses our government.

Wage growth is stagnant. Insecure work is becoming normal.

Ordinary working people often can't afford a house unless their parents die or have money to give them. People feel like they have little investment in the system.

There are now 'ministers' for loneliness, and hunger, pretending to do something while food banks have become normal.

Social care is fucked. Prisons are overcrowded. We have illegal levels of pollution in our cities. There's a mental health crisis. Legal aid has been cut so that people are going to court without representation.

Bojo is shagging a new woman. :X

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shadow Minister for Business at a demonstration yesterday surrounded by Communist flags, a regime that has murdered tens of millions of people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

British Politics is a humongous pile of shit right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:British Politics is a humongous pile of shit right now.
Want to trade? Will gladly exchange Trump for all the Brexit chaos!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ironic as it is, Trump might be what Britain needs now- he'd handled Brexit with a no deal(the guy got a NATO raise too deepite Merkel and co. disagreeing), he would've tackled muslim grooming gang issue, and yes immigration, we know how he is with that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:We have one of the worst, most useless govts I've seen and they're still neck and neck in the polls because the opposition is awful too.

Homeless people are filling up the streets and B&Bs.

There is a Spice epidemic while the govt bans mostly safe drugs like known compounds, cannabis and ecstasy. Common sense bypasses our government.

Wage growth is stagnant. Insecure work is becoming normal.

Ordinary working people often can't afford a house unless their parents die or have money to give them. People feel like they have little investment in the system.

There are now 'ministers' for loneliness, and hunger, pretending to do something while food banks have become normal.

Social care is fucked. Prisons are overcrowded. We have illegal levels of pollution in our cities. There's a mental health crisis. Legal aid has been cut so that people are going to court without representation.

Bojo is shagging a new woman.  :X
History has taught us that the solution in situations like this is war. But today's generation doesn't have it in them to do it. Not in England and definitely not in the US.

Someone once said that poverty is one of the worst kinds of violence. Why aren't the perps being punished?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ironic as it is, Trump might be what Britain needs now- he'd handled Brexit with a no deal(the guy got a NATO raise too deepite Merkel and co. disagreeing), he would've tackled muslim grooming gang issue, and yes immigration, we know how he is with that.
lol A stupid racists will only make situations worse.
What Britain needs to do is just get to on with the damn thing! The longer Brexit drags, the worse it'll be for everyone. Who cares if it might be a stupid idea, the people have spoken. Deal with it and learn from the mistakes. Look at the circus in the White House. We are fighting and learning from the mistakes of 2016.
:P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Ironic as it is, Trump might be what Britain needs now- he'd handled Brexit with a no deal(the guy got a NATO raise too deepite Merkel and co. disagreeing), he would've tackled muslim grooming gang issue, and yes immigration, we know how he is with that.

You're going to get dragged for it but I agree with you, against assumptions US under Trump hasn't been that bad. I mean- economy is doing good, LGB rights aren't dragged back to middle ages, he pulled out of Syria(a good decision imo).

Frankly, he isn't the nightmare alt lefties made him out to be. He's arrogant and brash but his priorities side with what we need for Britain. Atleast in this current time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LMAO!
Now I know why the Brits are having such a shit show. They have Trump envy!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:LMAO!
Hardly. All I said was that Trump has priorities that Britain needs at this moment. America can keep Trump and they can take Farage with him.

But yes, I will admit that Trump hasn't been the nightmare as he was/is presented by the far left. I standby this opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Hardly. All I said was that Trump has priorities that Britain needs at this moment. America can keep Trump and they can take Farage with him.

But yes, I will admit that Trump hasn't been the nightmare as he was/is presented by the far left. I standby this opinion.
DA His incompetence was underrated.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sure. I mean Trump hasn't pushed the red button so we are all still alive. WW3 hasn't started. Yay!
The US is not under the control of Putin, at least not officially.
He also succeeded giving the super rich a nice tax cut. Bravo!

Guess we should all be thankful for all of his amazing accomplishments!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Sure. I mean Trump hasn't pushed the red button so we are all still alive. WW3 hasn't started. Yay!

DA "The soft bigotry of low expectations"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Sure. I mean Trump hasn't pushed the red button so we are all still alive. WW3 hasn't started. Yay!

So you are one of those Russian collusion conspiracy theorists. Oh well that explains why the context of discussion evaded you.

Not OP.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DA, Trumps great if you're an accelerationist. I've never met so many people who were center left say the entire system is rotten and needs to be thrown out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:DA, Trumps great if you're an accelerationist. I've never met so many people who were center left say the entire system is rotten and needs to be thrown out.
No, that's from the bernie crowd. And he's def not center left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm an actual Brit and I swear that this thread has been taken over by non-British Russian trolls looking at the last handful of posts. GTFO, it's obvious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sorry but no, this poster definitely is not British. He's talking about Syria, using non-UK spellings ('center'), is pro-Trump, invoking 'muslims', etc.

Everything points one way: 99% sure this is a Russian troll sitting in St Petersburg employed by the Internet Research Agency.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm politically homeless too.

All of the left leaning parties I would vote for seem to have been taken over by trans rights activists. As a woman I find there policies on self-I'd worrying and I'm concerned that woman's sex based protections are under threat. Anyone who brings up the fact that allowing male bodied persons into female only spaces might be problematic is labelled transphobic. It's frustrating that the left no longer allows any kind of debate. Sorry Jeremy but if you get your wish, I won't be voting.

Also, there is definitely a Russian troll that likes to hangout on all the British politics threads, Brexit, Scottish Indy etc...Ignore the Putinbot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of russian trolls, there's a story in today's The Times about the Kremlin funding anti-UK propaganda videos targeting the far left.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/far-left...ideos-6x5qkt7fr

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are Russian trolls, but s--t is still f--ked up. And all the problems are engineered. It's not just an outcome. It's a design. It's intentional chaos. It's intentional destruction.

I don't know what the end goal is, but this crap is not an accident or natural result.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:There are Russian trolls, but s--t is still f--ked up. And all the problems are engineered. It's not just an outcome. It's a design. It's intentional chaos. It's intentional destruction.

I don't know what the end goal is, but this crap is not an accident or natural result.
No, it's more the result of neoliberalism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Speaking of russian trolls, there's a story in today's The Times about the Kremlin funding anti-UK propaganda videos targeting the far left.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/far-left...ideos-6x5qkt7fr
And the far lefties fell for it. :rofl:

I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh but left wing or atleast the ones I follow, continously try to spread awareness about Russian infilteration, for them to become the asswipe of the same is just :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:There are Russian trolls, but s--t is still f--ked up. And all the problems are engineered. It's not just an outcome. It's a design. It's intentional chaos. It's intentional destruction.

No, it's more the result of neoliberalism.
As the OP said, left shutting down even the legitimate criticisms is what made people feel isolated from their ideologies.

DA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Here's the reality. In first world nations, there is no future.

In 20 or 30 years, they won't be that different from hellholes like India or Mexico or Russia.

People will work until the day they die unable to afford healthcare or a quality lifestyle. All the old institutions that defined first world will die, crumble, or become a shell.

People sit back amusing themselves with Hilary or Kamala chatter, but those people are destroying your quality of life and you're celebrating them for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

So you are one of those Russian collusion conspiracy theorists. Oh well that explains why the context of discussion evaded you.

Not OP.
So you are one of those anti- Russian collusion conspiracy theorists, aka Putin's army of trolls. Oh well that explains everything.

OP

irn_bru
Reactions:

Post by irn_bru »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46984747

Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested by police.

Police Scotland confirmed that a 64-year-old man had been charged and said a report would be sent to prosecutors.

It is not yet known what Mr Salmond has been charged with. Police had been investigating following a Scottish government inquiry into complaints of sexual harassment, which he denies.

Mr Salmond, who was first minister from 2007 to 2014, could appear in court later on Thursday.

:blinkwide: Oh my...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so over brexit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

irn_bru wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46984747

Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested by police.

Police Scotland confirmed that a 64-year-old man had been charged and said a report would be sent to prosecutors.

It is not yet known what Mr Salmond has been charged with. Police had been investigating following a Scottish government inquiry into complaints of sexual harassment, which he denies.

Mr Salmond, who was first minister from 2007 to 2014, could appear in court later on Thursday.

:blinkwide:  Oh my...
Looks serious, here's what Salmond has been charged with:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Labour MP Fiona Onasanya is going to PRISON for three months, the first serving MP to be jailed in 28 years.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/ja...speeding-ticket

Incredibly, she has refused to stand down, will be paid a MP salary while in prison and plans on coming back, so Labour are saying that they will start recall proceedings if she doesn't. But this could take several months.

Either way, it looks like there may be a by-election in Peterborough this year.

It could be a nailbiter. FYI, here's the Peterborough 2017 election result:

LAB Onasanya 22,950 (48.1%)
CON Stewart Jackson 22,343 (46.8%)
LD 1,597
GREEN 848

(LAB gain from CON, swing +2.7%)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good Fiona Onasanya is a delusional idiot. How on earth did she get picked to be an MP?

This fool and Kate Osamor ("I didn't know my son that I employ on 50k had been arrested for drug dealing, opps I did and tried to use my parliamentary privilege to get his sentence reduced, but I will threaten any journalist that reports this".) by their own actions, make female MPs look incompetent. Also what's with all the money grabbing? These two seem to want to milk the public purse for all they can get.

I'm guessing the selection process to be an MP isn't too rigorous, judging from the out and out crooks we've had in parliament over the years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Good Fiona Onasanya is a delusional idiot. How on earth did she get picked to be an MP?

This fool and Kate Osamor ("I didn't know my son that I employ on 50k had been arrested for drug dealing, opps I did and tried to use my parliamentary privilege to get his sentence reduced, but I will threaten any journalist that reports this".) by their own actions, make female MPs look incompetent. Also what's with all the money grabbing? These two seem to want to milk the public purse for all they can get.

I'm guessing the selection process to be an MP isn't too rigorous, judging from the out and out crooks we've had in parliament over the years.
I couldn't believe that it was exactly the same thing Chris Huhne went to prison for! Like, didn't she even know about that and where it could land her if people found out?

She's going to be struck off as a solicitor (her previous career) as well as a MP so she's fucked herself over there too.

I am really surprised too that you can not do your job as MP for months and still stay as a MP, if I did that for a job I would be sacked, but I guess the system depends on being elected or not.

You're right about the selection process, it's not that rigorous and there are quite a few duds, lots of nepotism going on too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fiona compared herself to Jesus in a message to MPs :rofl:
"Regardless of what you believe or suspect, the fact remains that I, Fiona, sought to be the choice and voice of change but this may now take a different path. More than ever before, I am asking that you commit time in prayer for my family.

"In times like these, the natural inclination of believers is to ask God: why? I personally do not, because in my experience the answers are usually far above and beyond my reach. What I do know is that I am in good biblical company, along with Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends, who were each found guilty by the courts of their day.

"While God did not save them from a guilty verdict, he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict. Of course this is equally true of Christ, who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/d...iblical-figures

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Fiona compared herself to Jesus in a message to MPs  :rofl:
"Regardless of what you believe or suspect, the fact remains that I, Fiona, sought to be the choice and voice of change but this may now take a different path. More than ever before, I am asking that you commit time in prayer for my family.

"In times like these, the natural inclination of believers is to ask God: why? I personally do not, because in my experience the answers are usually far above and beyond my reach. What I do know is that I am in good biblical company, along with Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends, who were each found guilty by the courts of their day.

"While God did not save them from a guilty verdict, he did save them in it and ensured that their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict. Of course this is equally true of Christ, who was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/d...iblical-figures
WHAT? :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why didn't she just own up to speeding, apologise, pay the fine and try and get on with her job?

It wasn't a massive crime? 41 in a 30 zone? Surely that isn't really grounds to lose you MP job unless you were MP for transport?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Why didn't she just own up to speeding, apologise, pay the fine and try and get on with her job?

It wasn't a massive crime? 41 in a 30 zone? Surely that isn't really grounds to lose you MP job unless you were MP for transport?
could be because she would have lost her driving licence if she already had speeding points on it, that's why huhne did it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Ministry of Justice hates healthy journalistic reporting about the rising number of unrepresented people in criminal court... https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilydugan/ministr...ournalist-bitch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Why didn't she just own up to speeding, apologise, pay the fine and try and get on with her job?

could be because she would have lost her driving licence if she already had speeding points on it, that's why huhne did it.
Exactly what she would deserve, I just don't get why she wasn't big enough to just face it. She has made it much worse and will proably lose more now than had she just faced up to it. :lol:

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Exactly what she would deserve, I just don't get why she wasn't big enough to just face it. She has made it much worse and will proably lose more now than had she just faced up to it. :lol:
After reading her statement and a few other things she had said I think she genuinely thought she had played the system and wouldn't get caught.

Also isn't she a gold star Corbynista? She also thought he would back her whatever
:mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Result of vote in Streatham Constituency Labour Party on whether to move from a delegate structure to using All Member Meetings (AMMs) ~

190 (50.9%) ~ Yes
183 (49.1%) ~ No"

-- as far as I understand it, the left want to deselect Chuka Umunna (MP for Streatham) and this makes it more likely....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ok, this was pretty funny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Image

ok, this was pretty funny.
That's mean but lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:"Result of vote in Streatham Constituency Labour Party on whether to move from a delegate structure to using All Member Meetings (AMMs) ~

190 (50.9%) ~ Yes
183 (49.1%) ~ No"

-- as far as I understand it, the left want to deselect Chuka Umunna (MP for Streatham) and this makes it more likely....

well done on the labour party for doing their best to become totally unelectable :popcorn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't get it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

10ft Plinth for Margaret Thatcher Statue. :lolscroll:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-lin...nshire-47068091

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ledge