British Politics Discussion Thread

Reactions:

Re: British Politics Discussion Thread

Post by Guest »

One good thing to come out of all this is Dross taking a kicking. Love it.

Kirsty Warks ‘ooft’ in response to Rees Mogg calling him a lightweight on Newsnight was a thing of beauty.

Shouldn’t imagine Goves comment about Ross being in Elgin and not London, ie an irrelevance, playing well with MPs outwith London either.

Hilarious how they are all rallying around Johnson when we all know fine they will gleefully vote him out once they think their numbers are better. He’s just carrying the can until then. I’m actually faintly surprised Johnson hasn’t just said sod this for a game of soldiers and walked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:37
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:09
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 11:38
Why is everyone getting bogged down in whether it was a work gathering. It doesn't matter they clearly were not allowed either. It obviously wasn't and it just a silly distraction like whether a Scotch egg was a substantial meal. Its nonesense.
Their current strategy of trying to blur the line between party and work gathering (as you say irrelevant as they were not allowed either :fool: ) is completely at odds with his ‘fury’ at the reporting of the first one.
Why the fury if you thought work meetings in the garden were allowed?

They must think our heads button up the back.
I'm poster 1217 and the Tories are keeping the focus on debating whether it was or was not a work gathering (deliberately not using the word party) to keep the focus away from where it should be.

The focus should very much be on what Boris said to the House of Commons on the 8th December 2021 and compare it to what he said in PMQ's yesterday. It proves he lied on the 8th December.

On 8th December 2021 he said in the commons 'I have been repeatedly assured that there were no parties and that no covid rules were broken. That was what I have been repeatedly assured'.

He said this knowing he himself was at the 20th May party. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt lying in the commons a resigning offence?
Whether recognising that the government are shifting focus, or whether seeing through it to recognise where the focus should instead be, it's all wasted energy. This government has, since day one, said whatever the fuck they can in the moment. It's so much easier to just think of them as the professional bullshitters they are. Not saying this is the case here--but sometimes there is no great plan to the stupidity they come out with, they just vomit whatever can be vomited and ride it out until the next scandal drops.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually think the party was organised to welcome back Boris after his self inflicted illness. If only this could be proved.

I hope whoever is leaking all this stuff has photographic evidence. They should wait for the cowards 5 day isolation period to pass and him do his first public event then *boom* release the photographic evidence. Tgatcwoyld be him and all his supporters done and dusted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 13:10
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:37
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:09
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 11:38
Why is everyone getting bogged down in whether it was a work gathering. It doesn't matter they clearly were not allowed either. It obviously wasn't and it just a silly distraction like whether a Scotch egg was a substantial meal. Its nonesense.
Their current strategy of trying to blur the line between party and work gathering (as you say irrelevant as they were not allowed either :fool: ) is completely at odds with his ‘fury’ at the reporting of the first one.
Why the fury if you thought work meetings in the garden were allowed?

They must think our heads button up the back.
I'm poster 1217 and the Tories are keeping the focus on debating whether it was or was not a work gathering (deliberately not using the word party) to keep the focus away from where it should be.

The focus should very much be on what Boris said to the House of Commons on the 8th December 2021 and compare it to what he said in PMQ's yesterday. It proves he lied on the 8th December.

On 8th December 2021 he said in the commons 'I have been repeatedly assured that there were no parties and that no covid rules were broken. That was what I have been repeatedly assured'.

He said this knowing he himself was at the 20th May party. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt lying in the commons a resigning offence?
Whether recognising that the government are shifting focus, or whether seeing through it to recognise where the focus should instead be, it's all wasted energy. This government has, since day one, said whatever the fuck they can in the moment. It's so much easier to just think of them as the professional bullshitters they are. Not saying this is the case here--but sometimes there is no great plan to the stupidity they come out with, they just vomit whatever can be vomited and ride it out until the next scandal drops.
DA Er no. I’d say recognising where the focus should be is very much a good use of energy. Unless you want to end up like the brain dead who take our media as gospel.

I’m sure that’s not what you are suggesting and just clumsy phrasing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 13:21
I actually think the party was organised to welcome back Boris after his self inflicted illness. If only this could be proved.

I hope whoever is leaking all this stuff has photographic evidence. They should wait for the cowards 5 day isolation period to pass and him do his first public event then *boom* release the photographic evidence. Tgatcwoyld be him and all his supporters done and dusted.
Photographic evidence of what? He’s already admitted he was there.

What are you hoping for - pics of Johnson stripped to the waist, tie round his head and leading a conga?

As that other poster pointed out, it’s an irrelevance what went on at this gathering.
The fact it was held AT ALL is the point. Work, bacchanalian orgy, makes no difference - they should not have been together in this numbers.

The focus shifting is working…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 13:29
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 13:21

Photographic evidence of what? He’s already admitted he was there.

What are you hoping for - pics of Johnson stripped to the waist, tie round his head and leading a conga?

As that other poster pointed out, it’s an irrelevance what went on at this gathering.
The fact it was held AT ALL is the point. Work, bacchanalian orgy, makes no difference - they should not have been together in this numbers.

The focus shifting is working…
Don't forget not only could none of us have work parties but we could not even go to work at that time unless we were key workers. We were all working from home.

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:28
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:16
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 11:16
Someone in BoJo's family has tested positive so he is isolating. How convenient for him as he was due to be in Lancashire today with lots of journalists. Don't believe a word of it. I'd have to see the test results to believe it. Even if they did produce the test result it would probably be a doctored document just like Novaxx Djokopricks.
I just told my mum and after she screamed down the phone she wondered if they used the same doctor as Novaxx.

I was staggered when I read the news. I keep saying I shouldn’t be surprised by this lot anymore, but I still continually am as my brain can’t conceive of their mendaciousness.

(Wait, Mum if that’s you - get out of here, it’s not nice :lol: )
🤣 the journalists should doorstep all his family.
I am waiting for reports in the next 48hrs that he has now tested positive for COVID and is self isolating at Chequers

Bet he is pissed off he has spent the last month telling us all to get boosted as its the best defence against being hospitalised by COVID as he could do with a few weeks out of the picture
:mask:

Dragonfish
Reactions: 40

Post by Dragonfish »

Prince Andrew has been stripped of all military titles and patronages. About bloody time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:21
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 00:34
Our resident Tory is very quiet today. I hope she is OK. ;)
She was three posts up from you #1208
You're reading skill is clearly lacking. That post is calling them, point stuff, out re, which it clearly was, the party.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 12:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And 1209 & 1210.
Likely referring to same poster. Not one off those post is supporting the conservatives. They all are literally calling them, pointing stuff, out. You for sure need to increase your reading comprehension.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And 1209 & 1210.
Likely referring to same poster. Not one off those post is supporting the conservatives. They all are literally calling them, pointing stuff, out. You for sure need to increase your reading comprehension.
Anyone that follows this thread knows it’s mt.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Here we go; Met police not investigating until inquiry is finalised. Looks as though they will only investigate if the report finds that there was a “criminal offence;”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/met-police-no ... 20257.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 18:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And 1209 & 1210.
You’re new then. Stick around, you’ll learn. Condescending poster is a Tory.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 19:14
Here we go; Met police not investigating until inquiry is finalised. Looks as though they will only investigate if the report finds that there was a “criminal offence;”

Fuck me. Did they not learn from the kicking they got over Owen Paterson that they can’t just make up the rules as they go along?

Just waiting for them to cancel all future elections and declare a dictatorship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The 'condescending tory' who is the only person who brings bits to the thread so you can discuss, post, etc. Like the thread is :tumbleweed: until I post something to instigate debate. And my posts aren't defending the conservatives. They're literally posting either facts or stuff asap as I know it, or get info it's happening, so you can be a bit ahead of the curve in discussing. Anyway -

As I previously posted; way more parties to be disclosed. And, the worse has just been disclosed. That being -

At least 2 highly boozed parties (with dancing and the whole party vibe) held in No.10 the evening before Prince Philip's funeral.

Dancing and booze fuelled until the early hours of the day of his funeral; when the Queen, following rules the rest of us had to legally abide by, sat alone in the church.

There are still many more (boozy) parties to be disclosed but the above is the worse demonstration. More disclosures will follow but the leaker has gone for the jugular after Boris statement yesterday.

Still expect (because I'm told they exist) pictures, videos and recordings to be disclosed at some point.

So, in view of the postings they're the final heads up I'll post. Other than, if what is being said can be believed, not many more letters needed.

And, no way Boris didn't know the above two parties didn't take place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 21:15
Dragonfish wrote:

Fuck me. Did they not learn from the kicking they got over Owen Paterson that they can’t just make up the rules as they go along?

Just waiting for them to cancel all future elections and declare a dictatorship.
The Met is no longer fit for purpose. It's in cahoots with the Tories and they are professionally embarrassed. Now if it was a lot of women holding a candlelit vigil for Sarah Everard or another wo.en who had list her life to male violence they would have been in there like rats up a drain pipe and man handled them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:14
Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 21:15
Dragonfish wrote:

The Met is no longer fit for purpose. It's in cahoots with the Tories and they are professionally embarrassed. Now if it was a lot of women holding a candlelit vigil for Sarah Everard or another wo.en who had list her life to male violence they would have been in there like rats up a drain pipe and man handled them.
x2 and, for me, that's good that they're not currently running with an investigation. Cressida d--- hasn't retained her position for no reason. Strongly believe she's scratching their back and they're scratching hers. If the Met had run with an investigation then Sue Gray would've had to suspend her investigation as a police investigation would take precedence.

I believe, at the moment, more in Sue Gray (due to her past investigations which brought ministers/past ministers down) than I do in the Met to do an honest investigation. I do have concerns about the outcome of her investigation but, from past history, I'm more prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt in producing something better than the Met.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:10
The 'condescending tory' who is the only person who brings bits to the thread so you can discuss, post, etc. Like the thread is :tumbleweed: until I post something to instigate debate. And my posts aren't defending the conservatives. They're literally posting either facts or stuff asap as I know it, or get info it's happening, so you can be a bit ahead of the curve in discussing. Anyway -

As I previously posted; way more parties to be disclosed. And, the worse has just been disclosed. That being -

At least 2 highly boozed parties (with dancing and the whole party vibe) held in No.10 the evening before Prince Philip's funeral.

Dancing and booze fuelled until the early hours of the day of his funeral; when the Queen, following rules the rest of us had to legally abide by, sat alone in the church.

There are still many more (boozy) parties to be disclosed but the above is the worse demonstration. More disclosures will follow but the leaker has gone for the jugular after Boris statement yesterday.

Still expect (because I'm told they exist) pictures, videos and recordings to be disclosed at some point.

So, in view of the postings they're the final heads up I'll post. Other than, if what is being said can be believed, not many more letters needed.

SA Adding; someone close to it has told me it was literally the whole shebang - Full on DJ and multiple staff wheeling in barrel loads of booze past No. 10 police gate. No way everyone in No.10 and even No.11 didn't know about these.

And, police security would've seen this lot, in the early hours of Saturday, leaving in a booze fuel haze.

And, you can easily find funeral date but to clarify, these parties held on Friday 16 April. Absolutely no doubt about these ones; nobody can give any 'grey area' defence.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:23
Guest wrote:

SA Adding; someone close to it has told me it was literally the whole shebang - Full on DJ and multiple staff wheeling in barrel loads of booze past No. 10 police gate. No way everyone in No.10 and even No.11 didn't know about these.

And, police security would've seen this lot, in the early hours of Saturday, leaving in a booze fuel haze.

And, you can easily find funeral date but to clarify, these parties held on Friday 16 April. Absolutely no doubt about these ones; nobody can give any 'grey area' defence.
“Someone close to me” lol it’s literally being reported now about these parties https://uk.yahoo.com/news/two-parties-h ... 17677.html

Trying to make out this thread is only alive because of you? You only post when someone else posts first 🙄

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Your self importance knows no bounds and I detest your posting ‘style’ but I’ll leave it at that and just go back to ignoring your posts. Enjoy your evening ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 22:23
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

True blue Tory Isabel Oakshott on QT calling for Johnson to resign.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Disappointed about the amount of time they spent in the Q about Johnson resigning. I liked the lawyers answer. Simon Hart was dying on the spot. It must be very soul destroying for all these MPs and ministers who are forced out to lie and back up his lies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Again interesting timing of this leak just as Andrew gets his titles stripped :tinfoil:

I thought Johnson might try to hang on for a while but timing of this latest party is final straw.
Lots of us never got to various funerals or wives had to sit alone from their family and that seems to have been acceptable to many but the Tory party faithful have a particular lovein with the Royals and the Queen especially so he’s done.

The press LOVE Royal coverage, this won’t be easily brushed aside. Fucking Andrew better not detract.

(Not a monarchist by any means but that shot of the Queen, I’ll confess I sobbed watching it).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:07
Disappointed about the amount of time they spent in the Q about Johnson resigning. I liked the lawyers answer. Simon Hart was dying on the spot. It must be very soul destroying for all these MPs and ministers who are forced out to lie and back up his lies.
Fuck em. They have no soul if they are backing him. Self serving twits.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:13
Again interesting timing of this leak just as Andrew gets his titles stripped :tinfoil:

I thought Johnson might try to hang on for a while but timing of this latest party is final straw.
Lots of us never got to various funerals or wives had to sit alone from their family and that seems to have been acceptable to many but the Tory party faithful have a particular lovein with the Royals and the Queen especially so he’s done.

The press LOVE Royal coverage, this won’t be easily brushed aside. Fucking Andrew better not detract.

(Not a monarchist by any means but that shot of the Queen, I’ll confess I sobbed watching it).
I have nothing against the royal family at all, I like them on the whole, probably a minority opinion 🤷‍♀️ Andrew absolutely deserves his punishment.

The Queen abiding by the law of the land at the time shows the integrity that the majority of the public of the UK abided by at the time and now we see that the government broke those laws.

Honestly, screw anything this government says.

Not going to lie, I like Rayner’s tweets and atm, Starmer, right now, I’d prefer as PM.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:45
SA ^ This man is the PM of this country, he represents you and I on the world stage. What a fucking total embarrassment he is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dragonfish wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:35
Guest wrote:

I have nothing against the royal family at all, I like them on the whole, probably a minority opinion 🤷‍♀️ Andrew absolutely deserves his punishment.

The Queen abiding by the law of the land at the time shows the integrity that the majority of the public of the UK abided by at the time and now we see that the government broke those laws.

Not going to lie, I like Rayner’s tweets and atm, Starmer, right now, I’d prefer as PM.

Oh, to clarify I’ve nothing against the majority of the royal family we have, I pity the buggers, just the premise of monarchy. Personally I’ve a huge amount of respect for the Queen, her service will never be repeated. I just think it should end with her. I suspect her family feel the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That video is a lookalike no?

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:52
Dragonfish wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 23:35
Guest wrote:

Oh, to clarify I’ve nothing against the majority of the royal family we have, I pity the buggers, just the premise of monarchy. Personally I’ve a huge amount of respect for the Queen, her service will never be repeated. I just think it should end with her. I suspect her family feel the same.
I didn’t mean anything negative towards your post at all. I was just saying from my own stance, I have nothing against the Royal Family, I like the traditions and I’m glad he’s being held to account and the RF have stripped him of his titles.

Anyway, Princess Anne FTW here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TAFKAP :lol:

And yeap another Anne fan here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I've seen this video doing the rounds on twitter and don't know what to make of it... It's not real is it?

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:

The leaks are no doubt originating from Cummings, the guy always considered himself to be a superior intellectual but he has history of holding grudges and turning on those he doesn't think recognise his obvious ability.

Cummings has been planning this and obviously deployed the plan when he started to see the cracks in support for BoJo. No doubt he is putting his eggs in the Rishi basket (he was instrumental in him getting the job when Javid quit because he was malleable)

I wonder if Cummings got blindsided by the Queen recognising that in light of the trial going ahead (despite all of Andrews arrogant assurances that it wouldn't) she needed to act. I mean that statement was pretty fucking brutal

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 03:39
Guest wrote:
I've seen this video doing the rounds on twitter and don't know what to make of it... It's not real is it?
Yes it really is Boris Johnson at a christmas party back in 2013. He is dancing with Jeanette Arnold a member of the London Assembly

It is no lookalike, no spoof. It is Boris Johnson.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Torys - Pah that bally BBC won't play God Save The Queen, perfidious oiks!
Also the Torys - oops sorry we had an illegal piss up whilst your husband lay in the chapel ma'am
Again, glorious timing.

This has been an unbelievable couple of news days hasn't it?
Even after Brexit, Covid, when you think you've seen it all.
As Dizz said that statement re Mr Windsor yesterday was brutal.

As for #10 - again just rams home the disturbing intertwining of our Government with the media.
Johnson, late of The Spectator/The Telegraph having to apologise for the leaving do of his Comms Director who is ex The Mail and leaving to go to The Sun. Reeks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No 10 officials had to apologise to Palace Officials.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:37
I know the Queen is supposed to be apolitical, but I can't think of a sweeter time for her to pass some responsibilities on to Charles and have him take over the weekly meeting with the PM.

Either way, I would love to be a fly on the wall the next time Boris has to sit in a room with her. He has no shame and won't take anything away from it, but I'd still love to witness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 15:37
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:37
I know the Queen is supposed to be apolitical, but I can't think of a sweeter time for her to pass some responsibilities on to Charles and have him take over the weekly meeting with the PM.

Either way, I would love to be a fly on the wall the next time Boris has to sit in a room with her. He has no shame and won't take anything away from it, but I'd still love to witness.
Ha. As their weekly meetings are currently on the phone, she should have a kazoo or a whoopee cushion ready for the next one.
One almighty parp then walk away, with the phone off the cradle (I can still see her using an olde world handset :lol: )
and leave the moron waffling on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 12:10
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 03:39
Guest wrote:
Yes it really is Boris Johnson at a christmas party back in 2013. He is dancing with Jeanette Arnold a member of the London Assembly

It is no lookalike, no spoof. It is Boris Johnson.
The Daily Fail is reporting that the above video of Johnson dancing is doing the rounds on the internet and that it's a big hit. They don't realise that everyone is laughing and cringing at it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fucking hell! The Director of the Covid Task Force had a party :blinkwide: no wonder our pandemic response was such a total disaster. She has fronted up and apologised but it was just a case of her owning up before she was exposed.

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

“Operation Save Big Dog” has commenced. If this is true… I don’t know. What a disgusting pig;

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/operation-sav ... 50808.html

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:21
Torys - Pah that bally BBC won't play God Save The Queen, perfidious oiks!
Also the Torys - oops sorry we had an illegal piss up whilst your husband lay in the chapel ma'am
Again, glorious timing.

This has been an unbelievable couple of news days hasn't it?
Even after Brexit, Covid, when you think you've seen it all.
As Dizz said that statement re Mr Windsor yesterday was brutal.

As for #10 - again just rams home the disturbing intertwining of our Government with the media.
Johnson, late of The Spectator/The Telegraph having to apologise for the leaving do of his Comms Director who is ex The Mail and leaving to go to The Sun. Reeks.
I have seen a few comments about why this party the night before Phillips funeral is any worse than the parties held when other families were mourning on Twitter and that the media shouldn't focus on it as much. The key thing with this party is it might sway a few of a certain demographic of BoJo supporters / Tory voters that he crossed a line

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 18:39
Fucking hell! The Director of the Covid Task Force had a party :blinkwide: no wonder our pandemic response was such a total disaster. She has fronted up and apologised but it was just a case of her owning up before she was exposed.
Fronting up would be resigning from her 190k job that she currently has not putting out a statement of apology 15 mins before the media published the full details.

She's done the bare minimum its insulting. She's supposed to be a public servant leading people working twenty times harder under much harder circumstances on a fraction of what she earns.

Shameless, self serving, entitled. Ugh. How can she possibly be considered a leader after that, I'm usually quite calm about the UK politics shit show, managed to be not bothered about Brexit all throughout it but this is an absolute insult to everyone.

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Dragonfish wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:06
“Operation Save Big Dog” has commenced. If this is true… I don’t know. What a disgusting pig;

Rumours doing the rounds that the Sue Gray report will state no laws were broken but bad judgement exercised

Honestly I expected it, wondering what Dom will leak next, especially if it is more parties that people haven't come clean about

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Dizz wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:44
Dragonfish wrote:

Rumours doing the rounds that the Sue Gray report will state no laws were broken but bad judgement exercised

Honestly I expected it, wondering what Dom will leak next, especially if it is more parties that people haven't come clean about
Yes I just read that. Is anyone really surprised? Anyway, what authority does she have to determine if something is criminal or not, isn’t that down to the police/courts to decide?!

For a chuckle if anyone is interested;
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson ... 04767.html

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Dragonfish wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:51
Dizz wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:

Yes I just read that. Is anyone really surprised? Anyway, what authority does she have to determine if something is criminal or not, isn’t that down to the police/courts to decide?!

Not really and remember according to Raab the police don't investigate and look for evidence of things that happened in the past

Just waiting for those who were fined for minor breaches to start getting lawyered up

Dragonfish

Post by Dragonfish »

Dizz wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:55
Dragonfish wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:51
Dizz wrote:
Dragonfish wrote:

Not really and remember according to Raab the police don't investigate and look for evidence of things that happened in the past

Just waiting for those who were fined for minor breaches to start getting lawyered up
They already are; https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/stud ... 929589.amp

It’ll be interesting to see in the report why Sue thinks there has been no criminal activity. I wonder how she’s going to stretch the work gatherings as “essential” 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She’s no remit to determine criminality OR if he broke the ministerial code. Farce of an investigation.
Investigation called by Johnson himself. And she works for Gove. Stitch up from Day 1.

He lied/misled parliament. This investigation should be irrelevant. Sickening that so many (his government, his party faithful, the press) are willing to accept his dead cat.

If they’ve done nothing wrong then why is every man and his dog apologising? :rage:

Precedent been firmly set now. Get caught doing something wrong? Sanction your own rigged investigation so you can dodge all questions in the meantime until it’s all tomorrow’s chip papers.

Am I thick, what the heck is the Standards Committee for?