Kate Mckinnon

apparently
Reactions: 7

Re: Kate Mckinnon

Post by apparently »

Strangearchon wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 01:17
Kate is playing characters. Sometimes the character she plays is called Kate McKinnon. But the character and the actor are not identical. Portraying someone having a meltdown doesn't mean one is actually having one. In fact, if she were really falling a apart,she probably couldn't do what she does.

Kate once said: "Comedy is a tool of togetherness It's a way of putting your arm around someone, pointing at something and saying, 'Isn't it funny that we do that'? It's a way of reaching out."

She's funny but I take her words here very seriously. By enacting the depression and distress or despair many of us feel, she is reaching out, bringing us together, making us feel less alone. I'm sure the pandemic is getting to her since it's getting to all of us. But her way of dealing, this reaching out through her enactments that include distress in with the humor is incredibly valuable. I can't speak for anyone else, but what she does with her characters makes me feel like a human being connected with other human beings more than anything else that currently fills my locked down life. It's more than an escape from a miserable reality. It's a kind of transcendence. And I will never stop being grateful for that.

Retired old academic dyke will shut up now.
That was incredibly beautiful & so perfectly sums up my own feelings about the work Kate does. Thank you for sharing this, retired old academic dyke, I sincerely hope you never shut up 💜❤️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Call me selfish but seeing other cast members all over social media, on the late night shows & doing print interviews makes me miss Kate 😭

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 02:58
Call me selfish but seeing other cast members all over social media, on the late night shows & doing print interviews makes me miss Kate 😭
Seeing the cosmopolitan photo shoot Eggo, Melissa and Heidi did makes me remember when Kate,Aidy and Cecily were the new hot girls of the show...now especially Kate is more in the background than ever before. We should soak up the last few shows of the month considering she’ll be going away to film her project... there’s a good chance we won’t see her again till gasp... possibly September? Unless news of any other projects or her and Alison comes out in the press before then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ego, Melissa, Heidi look so good in that photoshoot!

Lots of Kate this episode. Almost an alarming amount for me at first. 😅 Definitely gonna miss her while she's away filming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think we're getting this much to tide us over while she's gone tbh. Next ep is Mar 27th so I'm assuming she'll be away then but I thought the same in Jan so who knows lol.

She's had a great night tonight. Shannon killed me :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What was she holding during the good nights?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 06:35
It looks like a “ live from New York it’s Saturday night” cue card? Oh god I hope this wasn’t her last show ever 🥺😢

tilted
Reactions: 2

Post by tilted »

Kate holding the cue card thingy was unusual, right? Perhaps it said "Will this big beautiful bitch of a city ever be what it once was?" because why not take home that line? 😂

I enjoyed the episode. A little OT but them calling Kyle "Cuck" with "the guy from Soul" a million times in Viking Voyager has me dying. 🤣 And the date sketch was so absurd but I like it. The humor and vibe from it feels familiar to me but I'm not sure what from? Maybe something like the movie Four Rooms.

tilted

Post by tilted »

Murder Show is a bop, and murder shows have truly become a normal part of everyday life.

Kate doing poses at :30. :lol: Someone should slow that down and turn it into a magnificent gif. 💃

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And I don't know where or who else to say this to but... Punkie's butch energy is very attractive. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 06:42
Guest wrote:
It looks like a “ live from New York it’s Saturday night” cue card? Oh god I hope this wasn’t her last show ever 🥺😢

It said “congratulations Eric Eisner on 41 years at snl”

There is a picture of her holding it up on heidis insta story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I guess people here aren't the only ones concerned about Kate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In fairness, that's a tweet from one person without any likes :hmmm: lol I think Dr. Wenodis' appearances probably resonated with audiences more than it concerned them. But any fan of Kate would naturally care about her.

Gosh no Kate content for who knows how many weeks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 16:22
Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 06:42
Guest wrote:

It said “congratulations Eric Eisner on 41 years at snl”

There is a picture of her holding it up on heidis insta story.
Thanks, I've been slow to check instas! Heidi is pretty active.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Actually I haven't seen Yesterday. But that's a 20 dollar rental...

saltedkiwi
Reactions:

Post by saltedkiwi »

Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 09:40
And I don't know where or who else to say this to but... Punkie's butch energy is very attractive. :$
You’re not the only one! 😉

Please let march 27 have a sketch w Pinkie and Kate. (Asking the universe)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 04:31
Kate is cool in it, but OMG the main character is a moron. It gets to near the end and I turned it off cos he’s a dumbass. Nobody is that apologetic when you have no fucking reason to be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

saltedkiwi wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 06:19
Guest wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 09:40
You’re not the only one! 😉

Please let march 27 have a sketch w Pinkie and Kate. (Asking the universe)
I think if Punkie ever played a butch character alongside Kate, my brain wouldn't know how to compute the two attractions!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 08:08
Guest wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 04:31
Kate is cool in it, but OMG the main character is a moron. It gets to near the end and I turned it off cos he’s a dumbass. Nobody is that apologetic when you have no fucking reason to be.
Lol! I did find him unlikeable in the trailers so that doesn't bode well... :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So I saw this when searching "Joe Exotic filming" on a Google News search. It's a few results down. https://www.google.com/search? q=joe+ex ... 40&bih=853

This was as much of the quote as I could see. The article itself is behind a paywall. I believe major news subscriptions often require call-in to cancel ? which sounds like a pain so I don't want to start a trial to view it.

"Amazon series The Wilds to film in Queensland" - The Queensland Times
"...Monaghan is currently filming on the Gold Coast while Thirteen Lives is due to begin next month, as is NBC series Joe Exotic in Brisbane."

"Joe Exotic" search results on QT.com.au will bring up the same article/title, I believe, which was published "26th Feb. 2021 4:02 PM." https://www.qt.com.au/search/?keywords=joe+exotic

Sooo it looks like Joe Exotic begins filming this month, therefore Kate will be away in Australia?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 02:46
So I saw this when searching "Joe Exotic filming" on a Google News search. It's a few results down. https://www.google.com/search? q=joe+ex ... 40&bih=853

This was as much of the quote as I could see. The article itself is behind a paywall. I believe major news subscriptions often require call-in to cancel ? which sounds like a pain so I don't want to start a trial to view it.

"Amazon series The Wilds to film in Queensland" - The Queensland Times
"...Monaghan is currently filming on the Gold Coast while Thirteen Lives is due to begin next month, as is NBC series Joe Exotic in Brisbane."

"Joe Exotic" search results on QT.com.au will bring up the same article/title, I believe, which was published "26th Feb. 2021 4:02 PM." https://www.qt.com.au/search/?keywords=joe+exotic

Sooo it looks like Joe Exotic begins filming this month, therefore Kate will be away in Australia?
I figured she'd miss a couple of episodes toward the end of the season for this. I hope shes back for the finale!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

saltedkiwi
Reactions:

Post by saltedkiwi »

Guest wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 23:11
Hmm April huh 🤔 Wonder if this means Kate will be around for the Maya Rudolph episode March 27th.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guys I think Kate’s engagement ring is something between her and her mom. Check Emily’s Instagram, she has an engagement ring on and commented that she is engaged to her mom

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:22
Guys I think Kate’s engagement ring is something between her and her mom. Check Emily’s Instagram, she has an engagement ring on and commented that she is engaged to her mom
I think Em was being playful.

Her video though - "...because you don't need more presents." 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:37
Guest wrote:

That’s sweet to assume that but.... Alison is also wearing a ring on her finger... is she engaged to her Mom too? 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That’s sweet to assume that but.... Alison is also wearing a ring on her finger... is she engaged to her Mom too? 😂
Awwww Em’s engaged!! That’s so cool that her and Kate are engaged/married at the same time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Awwww Em’s engaged!! That’s so cool that her and Kate are engaged/married at the same time
I hope you aren’t the same person that just commented that on Emily’s post. Yikes.

It’s also funny to me how whenever a woman wears a band on their left finger is automatically assumed they are engaged. I’m not talking about kate in this instance, but Emily, who is pretty active and open on her social media. She would have most likely announced her and her bf being engaged. Stop being gross.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 01:50
Guest wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:34
Guest wrote:

I hope you aren’t the same person that just commented that on Emily’s post. Yikes.

It’s also funny to me how whenever a woman wears a band on their left finger is automatically assumed they are engaged. I’m not talking about kate in this instance, but Emily, who is pretty active and open on her social media. She would have most likely announced her and her bf being engaged. Stop being gross.
OP : I don’t have Instagram so no it wasn’t me, what’s wrong with being happy for people? You sound bitter lol

tilted

Post by tilted »

I already miss Kate. 🙁
Last edited by tilted on 23 Mar 2021, 04:53, edited 3 times in total.

tilted

Post by tilted »

*thumbs up emoji*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

tilted wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 03:37
*thumbs up emoji*
I messaged the girl, asked her to take it down and she did. She was not aware of this fan page.

tilted

Post by tilted »

Cool! I totally forgot you could DM! That was very considerate of you both. 🙂

Day one
Reactions:

Post by Day one »

Guest wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 09:26
Day one wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 09:03
tilted wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 08:08
Kate was there. She just had small parts. I understand it. Just a little sad and anxious about what that could mean. :'( Really great episode though!
Hopefully it means she's leaving soon.
But to do what? She's just quit one great role.
I don't know and I don't really care anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know how long Kate is going to be on SNL. But before she leaves, I hope there's gonna be another Close Encounter sketch. Those are my favorite and I think it's one of Kate's greatest characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So according to nothingbutmckinnon's insta story, an article on the Carole Baskin show states production doesn't start until June so looks like she may be on SNL for pretty much the rest of the season.

Guess that confirms that she picked this over the The Dropout too since that's due to film this summer also.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New York has opened back up again, any Kate sightings?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished watching Intramural. Way too much testosterone for my liking! but I'll watch anything for Kate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate is still in the US so I think it will be filming this summer after all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 13:11

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Nice to see bae is still looking as cute as ever :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thank you universe for the content gift this morning.

Tostito's Habanero salsa is already my favorite salsa, and I've been eating salsa flavored chips for the past month so this is speaking straight to me!!!

Kate and Dan NEED A SHOW TOGETHER PRONTO. :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 00:49

Kate is still in the US so I think it will be filming this summer after all
And, how many light blue denim shirts do we think Kate owns? :hmmm:

saltedkiwi
Reactions:

Post by saltedkiwi »

Guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 13:27
I’ve never been so excited to watch a commercial before guys!

*minus the times I’ve watched her in an assortment of other ones 😄

saltedkiwi
Reactions:

Post by saltedkiwi »

guest wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 13:43
Nice to see bae is still looking as cute as ever :wub:
Right!? 😅 she doesn’t disappoint.

Pin stripe blazer
Reactions:

Post by Pin stripe blazer »

Guest wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 22:40
New York has opened back up again, any Kate sightings?
Hoping so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She is gorgeous in that ad!

Loving her & Dan. We didn't get enough of them on his ep.