Kate Mckinnon

Reactions:

Re: Kate Mckinnon

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 00:57
Relax, no one's posting personal info. And it's common knowledge that property ownership is public info. Yes, I believe famous people often make purchases under other names or entities.
Seriously. Why does everyone have to be so wound tight? It’s like walking on eggshells around here lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 02:28
Guest wrote:
Relax, no one's posting personal info. And it's common knowledge that property ownership is public info. Yes, I believe famous people often make purchases under other names or entities.
Seriously. Why does everyone have to be so wound tight? It’s like walking on eggshells around here lol
Like other anons, I get uncomfortable sometimes at the depth we get into Kate's private business too. I understand wanting to protect her privacy (as well as safety). Just wanted to reassure anon that I doubt anyone would actually post sensitive info like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate's birthday is tomorrow. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 02:38
guest wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 02:28
Guest wrote:
Like other anons, I get uncomfortable sometimes at the depth we get into Kate's private business too. I understand wanting to protect her privacy (as well as safety). Just wanted to reassure anon that I doubt anyone would actually post sensitive info like that.
DP , I agree with the person who said shut the thread down if Kate’s personal info is posted on here. It’s one thing to be a fan and talk gossip on here but it’s another thing when her personal info such as where she lives is potentially posted… it’s not ok. It’s stalking and it’s disgusting. All of you who think we are being uptight about this and think it’s no big deal… grow up kids. You obviously don’t actually care about Kate and her well being if you think this is a joke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Again, nobody has/is posting personal info. And certainly not "old academic dyke" who's one of the nicest, most mature people on this thread, maybe the whole forum. Relax guys.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Happy birthday to Kate! :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Happy Birthday to our lesbian Queen! I hope she's having a lovely day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Joe Exotic still has a March release date then the junket should be starting pretty soon. I'm excited to finally have new interviews with Kate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 19:37
If Joe Exotic still has a March release date then the junket should be starting pretty soon. I'm excited to finally have new interviews with Kate.
This will go straight to streaming right? Not broadcast tv. ?

I miss Kate a lot. It feels like we really haven't seen all that much for over half a year!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I was thinking the same thing!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 22:49
Guest wrote:

I miss Kate a lot. It feels like we really haven't seen all that much for over half a year!
Just a guess but I feel like she was probably asked to do interviews during the pandemic like everyone else but probably declined due to anxiety? One interview she had with a magazine said they wanted to zoom with her but she declined, so that makes sense. It still would have been nice to see her during that time though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 22:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just a guess but I feel like she was probably asked to do interviews during the pandemic like everyone else but probably declined due to anxiety? One interview she had with a magazine said they wanted to zoom with her but she declined, so that makes sense. It still would have been nice to see her during that time though
I wouldn't doubt it. Even when Kate's in front of the camera, she looks a little uncomfortable. I have anxiety too so I totally sympathize with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Assuming Covid doesn't ruin in person interviews I'm sure she'll take them on with caution. I mean she's doing SNL and she shot those Verizon ads in LA without hesitation so I don't see why she wouldn't do a press junket.

Also I thought JE was airing on NBC? Or is it only streaming on Peacock?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Also, Robert Durst (convicted murderer) died yesterday. Here's when Kate played him. I doubt they'll bring him back for a sketch but you never know. I don't mean to like do a tribute, lol, but her portrayal of him was really funny imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:15
Also, Robert Durst (convicted murderer) died yesterday. Here's when Kate played him. I doubt they'll bring him back for a sketch but you never know. I don't mean to like do a tribute, lol, but her portrayal of him was really funny imo.
Okay maybe it wasn't that funny lol but she did well with his mannerisms.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Assuming Covid doesn't ruin in person interviews I'm sure she'll take them on with caution. I mean she's doing SNL and she shot those Verizon ads in LA without hesitation so I don't see why she wouldn't do a press junket.

Looks like streaming only.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 234952450/

"After announcing that the series based on the Wondery podcast of the same name would air across NBC, USA Network and Peacock, the media company’s new streaming and TV regime has decided that the content of the limited series would be best suited for its streamer.

“Joe Exotic is shaping up to be a bold and provocative drama and perfectly suited for Peacock, where we can push the envelope and truly bring the story to life in a way that we would be unable to do on broadcast television,” said Susan Rovner, chairman of entertainment content at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “Moving Joe Exotic to Peacock exclusively is just one example of the strengths of our new structure, which gives us the ability to let the art dictate the platform and not the other way around.”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:22
Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Looks like streaming only.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 234952450/

"After announcing that the series based on the Wondery podcast of the same name would air across NBC, USA Network and Peacock, the media company’s new streaming and TV regime has decided that the content of the limited series would be best suited for its streamer.

“Joe Exotic is shaping up to be a bold and provocative drama and perfectly suited for Peacock, where we can push the envelope and truly bring the story to life in a way that we would be unable to do on broadcast television,” said Susan Rovner, chairman of entertainment content at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “Moving Joe Exotic to Peacock exclusively is just one example of the strengths of our new structure, which gives us the ability to let the art dictate the platform and not the other way around.”
Eh that's kinda shitty that it's only streaming. They'll wanna hope they have a good promo team behind them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 23:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I wouldn't doubt it. Even when Kate's in front of the camera, she looks a little uncomfortable. I have anxiety too so I totally sympathize with her.
Agreed. I have pretty bad social anxiety and virtual stuff makes me so much more nervous because I rely heavily on reading people’s body language, etc. in person. If she also has social anxiety, she probably feels that way too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

John Cameron Mitchell is a guest on Jinkx Monsoon's podcast this week and they both say lovely things about Kate. I didn't know Kate and Jinkx were friends!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 07:44
John Cameron Mitchell is a guest on Jinkx Monsoon's podcast this week and they both say lovely things about Kate. I didn't know Kate and Jinkx were friends!
Do you know the timestamp for when they talk about Kate?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 19:58
Guest wrote:
Do you know the timestamp for when they talk about Kate?
59 minutes

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
She's the Betty White of her generation!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JCM mentioned there being a make out scene between him and Kate and now I'm very confused on whether this is a comedy or a drama.. From memory I do not believe Carole and Joe hooked up irl :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 23:43
JCM mentioned there being a make out scene between him and Kate and now I'm very confused on whether this is a comedy or a drama.. From memory I do not believe Carole and Joe hooked up irl :rofl:
I assume it's a dream sequence!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh my God, this episode is giving us so much lesbian content.

I love Kate in any capacity, but watching her as a gay character talking about lesbianism is so joyous. She just owns it.

Not to fangirl, but she brightens my world. 🥰

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Alison was promoted to head writer along with Streeter! Awww Kate must be sooo proud!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 17:54
Love that it was Alison , Kate and Celeste who wrote the Sappho sketch, 3 queer musketeers or as a select few would say two married pale thin girls with Asian butch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^Lol although I think people would just say "white girls" not thin girls haha

By the way, Kate's cat Nino can be see on Celeste's IG story. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 15:40
Alison was promoted to head writer along with Streeter! Awww Kate must be sooo proud!
Woah that’s a big deal! Someone on here predicted that I think too. Wonder how Kate and Alison will celebrate 😜

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 00:59
Guest wrote:
Woah that’s a big deal! Someone on here predicted that I think too. Wonder how Kate and Alison will celebrate 😜
I wonder if that means Kate will get a chance to help write more sketches then... If so we know what that means... More gay content :heart: :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 01:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I wonder if that means Kate will get a chance to help write more sketches then... If so we know what that means... More gay content :heart: :fingcross:
They honestly just need to get new writers. I don’t think any of the new ones that have joined in the past 5 or so years are really that strong. There is always room for growth, but I miss how strong the writing used to be. I feel like now they just have to rely on the cast to try to make their writing funny and it doesn’t always work

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They honestly just need to get new writers. I don’t think any of the new ones that have joined in the past 5 or so years are really that strong. There is always room for growth, but I miss how strong the writing used to be. I feel like now they just have to rely on the cast to try to make their writing funny and it doesn’t always work
DA I think they hired like 12 new writers this season. The writing's a bit different, some (many?) have said better, but for myself I feel like it doesn't produce as many laughs. And does anyone else here just hate toilet humor? Like in the sketch where Andrew Dismukes turns around showing his soiled pants. Then again it's an easy laugh for people who enjoy that.

Kate I feel is very comfortable and set in her ways but I would like to see fresher material or characters for Kate, honestly!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:06
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA I think they hired like 12 new writers this season. The writing's a bit different, some (many?) have said better, but for myself I feel like it doesn't produce as many laughs. And does anyone else here just hate toilet humor? Like in the sketch where Andrew Dismukes turns around showing his soiled pants. Then again it's an easy laugh for people who enjoy that.

Kate I feel is very comfortable and set in her ways but I would like to see fresher material or characters for Kate, honestly!
Agreed! I miss when she worked with Chris and Sarah. I have no idea why the writing kind of sucks if they have so many writers. Writers are just as important as the cast and it seems like the most talented cast members are being weighed down by poor material. Don’t even get me started on that cringey Elmo bit the other night

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone seen Kate at the barricades recently? We never see pictures or hear about her there anymore

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tbf this is only her second episode back. I vaguely remember someone saying for the Billie Eilish episode she went straight to the car and didn't hang around barricades. I've heard or seen nothing about barricades for anyone from last Saturday.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 22:23
Tbf this is only her second episode back. I vaguely remember someone saying for the Billie Eilish episode she went straight to the car and didn't hang around barricades. I've heard or seen nothing about barricades for anyone from last Saturday.
Can confirm that for the Billie episode. She walked very fast, got in the car, and left like immediately lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Willem Dafoe and Katy Perry for Jan 29th show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Can confirm that for the Billie episode. She walked very fast, got in the car, and left like immediately lol
Did her head writer sweetheart follow her to the car like always? Lol 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 23:30
Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Did her head writer sweetheart follow her to the car like always? Lol 😂
No she was actually alone haha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In the live featuring Nino (lol), do y'all think Alison was in her office? And that's why we didn't see them together at Kate's place (assuming they live together but who knows).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 23:56
In the live featuring Nino (lol), do y'all think Alison was in her office? And that's why we didn't see them together at Kate's place (assuming they live together but who knows).
I think both Alison and Celeste were in their offices. Due to covid I assume they're trying to avoid everyone being there at once before read thru and rehearsals so they probably get writers altogether for writers night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 00:48
Guest wrote:
I think both Alison and Celeste were in their offices. Due to covid I assume they're trying to avoid everyone being there at once before read thru and rehearsals so they probably get writers altogether for writers night.
Alison was in her apartment. That’s the same place she was during the at home show rehearsals. She wouldn’t have been allowed in her office during that time. Plus I’m pretty sure her office wouldn’t look like that unless they totally redid them all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 01:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Alison was in her apartment. That’s the same place she was during the at home show rehearsals. She wouldn’t have been allowed in her office during that time. Plus I’m pretty sure her office wouldn’t look like that unless they totally redid them all
It most definitely is her office. The door matches all the SNL hallway doors and I'm fairly certain everyone has the same couch in their office also.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 02:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It most definitely is her office. The door matches all the SNL hallway doors and I'm fairly certain everyone has the same couch in their office also.
If you need more proof check out SNLs Emma Thomson story highlight. Ego tours through Alison's office :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 02:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Can’t believe you all are having a serious discussion about whether the background of the picture with Alison is her office or her apartment 😂 Who cares?! lmao They live together and have been living together for quite some time as a few other peoples have also said a few pages back 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate was mentioned in the new show How I Met Your Father- a character moved to New York for a fresh start and "to ask out Kate McKinnon" lol