The Batwoman Thread

Reactions:

Re: The Batwoman Thread

Post by Guest »

So Ryan will be in 2 episodes for the crossover

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The drama between Ryan and Sophie seemed so weird this episode. Didn't really make a ton of sense to me. I just don't think Sophie knowing about Marquis is that big of a deal but that's just me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 01:55
The drama between Ryan and Sophie seemed so weird this episode. Didn't really make a ton of sense to me. I just don't think Sophie knowing about Marquis is that big of a deal but that's just me.
Oh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I thought the drama was much too but they need to have conflict so the ship isn't all smooth sailing. I agree though it's not a big deal just to tell her about Marquis but I guess Ryan was right not to tell her about the BGS man because Sophie went and torched him lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 03:13
Guest wrote:
I thought the drama was much too but they need to have conflict so the ship isn't all smooth sailing. I agree though it's not a big deal just to tell her about Marquis but I guess Ryan was right not to tell her about the BGS man because Sophie went and torched him lol.
Ryan is so focus on her new family she's neglecteing her friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 01:02
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 23:31
I was just wondering this same thing I'm not sure why the writers called it a love triangle even meagan said it was mostly a Sophie and Ryan thing. and once poison ivy shows up Renee probably won't even remember about her hook up with Sophie. I thought that when having a love triangle like this wouldn't it make more sense if Renee and Sophie actually liked each other or had something romantic going on :hmmm: the triangle is open at this point

They probably just called it a love triangle for promotional purposes and to make it sound intriguing, basically just buying time to build up wildmoore hype.
Exactly! Sophie & Renee will have one night stand and that's it.
They called it ''love triangle'' for promotional purposes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 17:09
They got a lot of people hyped and invested in Bridget Regan as poison ivy and now Nicole Kang is doing it I'm confused I hope they don't mess it up and they will still have Bridget play poison ivy because that's basically what they casted her for and fans been waiting for a long time for her role it was basically a fan cast to have Bridget be ivy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 17:21
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 17:09
They got a lot of people hyped and invested in Bridget Regan as poison ivy and now Nicole Kang is doing it I'm confused I hope they don't mess it up and they will still have Bridget play poison ivy because that's basically what they casted her for and fans been waiting for a long time for her role it was basically a fan cast to have Bridget be ivy
I’m starting to think Bridget will play Poison Ivy in the past and Mary will be Poison Ivy in the present since she will fully turn into her. Maybe we will see Bridget’s Poison Ivy in the present but now I think it will happen towards the very end of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm probably the only one but I can't take mary seriously as a vilian the acting from her for last episode came of as kinda cringe at times. I'm gonna stick around to see how it goes I love Nicole on the show but as a vilian I can't see it. I'm excited for Bridget to show up mostly likely in the second half of season 3 her casting got the show a lot of attention I hope they don't ruin it. My thing is they should have Mary use her powers for a couple episodes and then we dive into the original poison ivy who will be played by Bridget. I'm already seeing a ton of people confused on social media about who will actually be playing poison ivy I think they should have made it clear from the beginning about Mary taking Pam powers till the original poison ivy showed up.

guest37
Reactions:

Post by guest37 »

Following news on this shit show just waiting for Bridget and the waill will be even longer? WTF?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest37 wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 17:47
Following news on this shit show just waiting for Bridget and the waill will be even longer? WTF?
What? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I'm probably the only one but I can't take mary seriously as a vilian the acting from her for last episode came of as kinda cringe at times. I'm gonna stick around to see how it goes I love Nicole on the show but as a vilian I can't see it. I'm excited for Bridget to show up mostly likely in the second half of season 3 her casting got the show a lot of attention I hope they don't ruin it. My thing is they should have Mary use her powers for a couple episodes and then we dive into the original poison ivy who will be played by Bridget. I'm already seeing a ton of people confused on social media about who will actually be playing poison ivy I think they should have made it clear from the beginning about Mary taking Pam powers till the original poison ivy showed up.
No hate to Nicole but I also didn’t like her acting as Poison Ivy. It was very forced. They couldn’t say Mary will also play Poison Ivy because they wanted it to be a plot twist and surprise the audience. I don’t think Mary’s Poison Ivy will only be for a couple of episodes. She has a costume, poster, announcement and everything. They wouldn’t give this so much hype if it was only for 1-2 episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 17:53
Guest wrote:
No hate to Nicole but I also didn’t like her acting as Poison Ivy. It was very forced. They couldn’t say Mary will also play Poison Ivy because they wanted it to be a plot twist and surprise the audience. I don’t think Mary’s Poison Ivy will only be for a couple of episodes. She has a costume, poster, announcement and everything. They wouldn’t give this so much hype if it was only for 1-2 episodes.
da well I hope Bridget gets a suit also many people been waiting for her to show up and if they do her character dirty then it wouldn't look good. I feel like Nicole was trying to take some acting stuff from Rachel but it didn't deliver well it definitely felt forced I feel like in order to play a villain like Alice or especially poison Ivy the acting will be challenging and I think that is what it was for Nicole because it wasn't good. Imo the best actors on the show are Rachel, Javicia and the new actor nick creegan. Nicole acting as Mary was perfect for her but as poison ivy it's not for her or a villain at that not everyone can pull it off. I think Bridget will show up in the last few mins of the mid season finally I also agree with the other person I'm not sure yet if Mary will be poison ivy for the rest of the season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 18:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da well I hope Bridget gets a suit also many people been waiting for her to show up and if they do her character dirty then it wouldn't look good. I feel like Nicole was trying to take some acting stuff from Rachel but it didn't deliver well it definitely felt forced I feel like in order to play a villain like Alice or especially poison Ivy the acting will be challenging and I think that is what it was for Nicole because it wasn't good. Imo the best actors on the show are Rachel, Javicia and the new actor nick creegan. Nicole acting as Mary was perfect for her but as poison ivy it's not for her or a villain at that not everyone can pull it off. I think Bridget will show up in the last few mins of the mid season finally I also agree with the other person I'm not sure yet if Mary will be poison ivy for the rest of the season.
You really think they would do all of this fanfare/press for Mary’s Poison Ivy just for her to be Poison Ivy for 1-2 episodes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Very funny to announce a popular actress as Poison Ivy and then hugely undercut it by doing this and making a big song and dance about it. This show rocks, just comical levels of mismanagement.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 18:34
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 18:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You really think they would do all of this fanfare/press for Mary’s Poison Ivy just for her to be Poison Ivy for 1-2 episodes?
Da

who said she will be poison ivy for 1-2 episodes :blinkwide: In the interviews the real poison ivy will kinda be like a mother and daughter thing it seems so I'm sure they will both get a suit and have good screen time. but the big bad this season will be played by Bridget that's what the writers said so I can't really blame other for thinking Mary won't be poison ivy for the rest of the season 3. I personally think she will be but it's just that the main vilian is Pam played by Bridget Regan. Honestly they should have just stuck with the script and not try a twist like this they could have still came up with some big new ideas with just Bridget as poison ivy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 18:46
Very funny to announce a popular actress as Poison Ivy and then hugely undercut it by doing this and making a big song and dance about it. This show rocks, just comical levels of mismanagement.
I like Poison Mary, and now campy Nicole’s performance is, lol but this is so true. All that Poison Ivy hype only for Mary to start things off and even get a costume. They could’ve at least saved the costume for the real Poison Ivy. I’m not opposed to Mary being a villain but she’s so powerful already, it’s like what’s the point of Ivy coming back? I’m still excited, but more for the lesbian romance between her and Renee instead of her powers. But I like Sophie and Renee together too. Way more than Ryan and Sophie. I just don’t get romantic chemistry vibes there but I know that’s an unpopular opinion. I don’t like the whole “im keeping a secret to protect you” angle between Sophie and Ryan either, it’s so stupid. The more people know, the safer they are because then they know what to hide from. This is basic logic but it’s a superhero cliche so of course they’ll use it on this show too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I love this show and I love javicia as Batwoman and I'm loving the storylines this season so far. But this is not it for me at all. They should have just stuck with Bridget and not this confusing twist because right now so many poison ivy fans on social media are even confused about the storyline now. Bridget was a fan casting and it was a big deal they should have stuck with her as poison ivy only and not bring in a second one. I'm all for Nicole having more screentime and better story to tell but her as poison last episode alone was not giving for me. This is just my opinion yall don't ce for me plz :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only thing i know is that the show robbed us of another non straight character just because...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know what episode they are currently filming but I remembered Nick posted this a few days ago. He probably used the black and white filter because Nicole is probably wearing the red wig in this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 19:39
I don’t know what episode they are currently filming but I remembered Nick posted this a few days ago. He probably used the black and white filter because Nicole is probably wearing the red wig in this
I don't think so because Nicole also posted a video of her getting her hair done and she got something like what meagan has with blonde highlights in it she said it's her new look now. I don't think she has on a red wig in that clip. I think they are either filming episode 11 or almost finished with it soon to go film episode 12. I feel like in that video/episode they are filming she's probably not poison ivy anymore and the original poison ivy took over or something like that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She wasn't convincing as ivy. It was cringe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

''Mary and Alice will go on a trip together in episode 3x07 of #Batwoman. According to Nicole Kang, "Alice can finally be the sister she's always wanted", and they got a lot of inspiration from Poison Hera's relationship with Harlequin in the comics

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
thank you I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Not everyone can pull off playing a villain the acting is much more challenging example is like how good Rachel plays Alice in so many different ways. She's good at playing Mary but poison ivy it's a no for ivy. In my opinion Nicole is probably the weakest actress on the show and I was very surprised when they said she will be also playing poison ivy if you put her against her other co- stars like Rachel javicia or even Robin and Meagan it's pretty bad. I wanted Mary to have more attention on screen but not as a villain. I think the worst scenes was when we saw Mary turn into poison ivy for the first time in the bat cave that entire scene was cringey. I'm not giving hate at the actor but I just don't think her acting is good enough to play a villain at all especially poison Ivy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bridget Regan will appear in episode 8!

"There will be a tug of war for sure, but mostly it'll be like this mother-sporeling relationship," said Kang, teasing Mary's dynamic with Pamela. "The vengeance of the OG Poison Ivy is coming."

Sooner than you think, in fact, because Regan's Ivy debuts in episode 8, Batwoman's first one of the new year.

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-nicole-kang- ... irst-look/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If it's one the the cw will do it is making things more complicated for their shows. It might just be me but I think that once Bridget shows up it will overshadow Nicole as poison ivy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 20:44
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
thank you I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Not everyone can pull off playing a villain the acting is much more challenging example is like how good Rachel plays Alice in so many different ways. She's good at playing Mary but poison ivy it's a no for ivy. In my opinion Nicole is probably the weakest actress on the show and I was very surprised when they said she will be also playing poison ivy if you put her against her other co- stars like Rachel javicia or even Robin and Meagan it's pretty bad. I wanted Mary to have more attention on screen but not as a villain. I think the worst scenes was when we saw Mary turn into poison ivy for the first time in the bat cave that entire scene was cringey. I'm not giving hate at the actor but I just don't think her acting is good enough to play a villain at all especially poison Ivy.
I watch the episode twice already it was bad. Alice was entertaining Ryan was just running around. Sophie when from 0 to 100 real quick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah that caught me off guard but I’m seeing where it’s going I was really looking forward to bridget

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 21:01
If it's one the the cw will do it is making things more complicated for their shows. It might just be me but I think that once Bridget shows up it will overshadow Nicole as poison ivy
I mean isn’t she poison ivy and Mary like somewhat an accomplice idk I’m trying to figure this out lol the article said mother daughter feel so maybe Pamela will be like a mother figure to mary

JanAng
Reactions: 3

Post by JanAng »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 21:25
Guest wrote:
I mean isn’t she poison ivy and Mary like somewhat an accomplice idk I’m trying to figure this out lol the article said mother daughter feel so maybe Pamela will be like a mother figure to mary
Mary's more possessed by Ivy right? She's not Poison Ivy herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JanAng wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 21:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. then they shouldn't promote her as poison ivy then. They are just being more complicated if you ask me. They could have just went with Bridget only and left it at that and promote Bridget instead but I'll wait and see how things go when Bridget shows up. But in my opinion the promotions and new suit should have went to Bridget that's literally the main villain fans are waiting for anyways

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there any chance for season 4?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:47
Hasn't it already been renewed already?

jgk
Reactions:

Post by jgk »

Kind of disappointed by this actually, why does ever single person have to be a hero/villain?! Didn’t luke also get a suit ? (Haven’t watched in a while but I saw something on Instagram)
And now Mary too..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:49
Guest wrote:
No

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:49
Guest wrote:
No, but it's almost a given

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jgk wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:50
Kind of disappointed by this actually, why does ever single person have to be a hero/villain?! Didn’t luke also get a suit ? (Haven’t watched in a while but I saw something on Instagram)
And now Mary too..
Feels like these writers (not just Batwoman) think becoming a superhero equals character development, but it obviously doesnt. It's just lazy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jgk wrote:
And now Mary too..
Well...the character Mary is 'based' is a superhero, Bette Kane the orginal Bat-Girl and later Flamebird and Luke is literally Batwing in the comics.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jgk wrote:
And now Mary too..
I hate when after a few seasons the cw shows want to make everyone a hero or have someone from the team become a villain for a few episodes. I just hope batwoman doesn't give anyone else a suit the only person I will give a pass to is Sophie if she suits up and it's not bat team related but something to do with her new job so I would be fine with that. Watch next season they make Mary a superhero too. Luke has a suit but him getting one made more sense and it was gonna happen either way I don't mind when the main hero has someone backing them up in the field sometimes because they come in handy as long as it's 1 person and not a whole damn team of like 10 people. but I really hope they don't give Mary a suit in season 4

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 23:46
jgk wrote:
And now Mary too..
Well...the character Mary is 'based' is a superhero, Bette Kane the orginal Bat-Girl and later Flamebird and Luke is literally Batwing in the comics.
Da
well they should have started a storyline on mary becoming the hero flamebird not poison Ivy.

JanAng
Reactions: 3

Post by JanAng »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:26
JanAng wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. then they shouldn't promote her as poison ivy then. They are just being more complicated if you ask me. They could have just went with Bridget only and left it at that and promote Bridget instead but I'll wait and see how things go when Bridget shows up. But in my opinion the promotions and new suit should have went to Bridget that's literally the main villain fans are waiting for anyways
I agree I don't know why they're promoting it like this. It's weird, they need to explain it more but maybe in the next episodes they will but I'm w/ you I'm waiting for Bridget too, feels like they could have just brought her out but I feel they needed to give Mary some storyline connected to this season of Ryan having to choose her friends (her real family) over her birth family.

Also, hope they give Bridget her own Poison Ivy centric episode b/c I thought we would have her on for more than 5 episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's confusing because it almost seems like Mary's taking over as Poison Ivy for good like how they passed the mantle with Batwoman but I think she's a temporary, secondary Poison Ivy acting under the first who's still THEE Poison Ivy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

JanAng wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 00:20
Guest wrote:
JanAng wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I agree I don't know why they're promoting it like this. It's weird, they need to explain it more but maybe in the next episodes they will but I'm w/ you I'm waiting for Bridget too, feels like they could have just brought her out but I feel they needed to give Mary some storyline connected to this season of Ryan having to choose her friends (her real family) over her birth family.

Also, hope they give Bridget her own Poison Ivy centric episode b/c I thought we would have her on for more than 5 episodes.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s not that confusing. They will probably do what they did with season 2 and show us a lot of flashbacks of Poison Ivy’s life and her relationship with Renee. Bridget can still have a lot of screen time that way. Pamela will control Mary until they dig her up. We can have two Poison Ivys in two different timelines until Pamela is free.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
JanAng wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA but I kind of agree tbh because I haven't watched in a while but was psyched for Poison Ivy. I have been trying to catch up on this season but I was seeing on Twitter that Mary is Poison Ivy so I got confused. So she's more so possessed by PI?