Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 21:16
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 22:52
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 13:43
Seriously? wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 13:16

I've pretty much given up on this ship at this point. The shit surrounding the show (from how they all treated us to what stans, multishitters and other loons turned the fandom into) aside, I don't know when was the last time I read ANYTHING even remotely readable anymore. I love SQ, and I read a metric tonne of fics (and still have entire libraries I saved) but I'm afraid that everyone with the talent already told all the stories worth being told and... moved on, ages ago. And what's left is just newbies and endless regurgitation of the... average, at best?

I don't know if it's just me, but... when was the last time you read anything good? Like, really good?
It’s been ages. That’s why I’ve given up looking.
DA but I go in and out of SQ fic reading. I'll find some decent fics, read them, lose interest in the ship and move on for a bit. Then I'll randomly come back, and there's always a few worth reading when I do. A lot of the OG writers are gone, but the fandom is updated enough that I'm still able to find some fics worth reading.
I'm the same, but I'd like to find those fics worth reading. Everything I find when I wander back is just...subpar. :(
Well, it takes a lot of sifting, lol Usually when I come back, coalitiongirl has a fic waiting. This time she has 2 - both are one (one is reeeeally long) so that should hold me over. I enjoy your writing for the most part. It's at least consistent and easy to read in terms of flow and actually having been properly edited. I wish some of the old writers would come back and just drop a random pic, but I get why they left. I mean I stopped watching the show for good around season 5. Before that I only really watched consistently up until Forest Fungus showed up, then I bounced. It's easy to read fic when you only ship in Fanon, and I imagine how hard it is to write for a couple, when you don't even watch the show anymore, lol.

Last time I came back, I found Dangereaux; which was a nice surprise. Sometimes I'll find authors I like, and then go through their bookmarks. Most of the time, good fit writers only really read pics by other authors that have similar writing quality. So it helps to maybe find something I missed before
DA
I know what you guys mean. I do the same, I drift to some other ships (and I thought that SQ fandom was top notch in terms of being prolific and talented but man, B&W is hands down the most creative one I’ve EVER encountered – but hey, I guess it helps when actresses are the biggest shippers of their ship and fandom is small and creative and there are no ship wars and bible-belt homophobic heteros peddling their ships *cough*craptainswan*cough* or stans confusing their faves with their characters *cough*evilregalmultishitters*cough* and everyone can just relax and enjoy and be creative) but when I come back it’s all just – meh. Like, coalitiongirl has punched out another average AU that only serves to maintain her rep (old glory, really) as, let’s be honest – the last two or three I read gave us either doormat or idiot Emma, and – what was the last really good one she wrote – Amor fati? :-/

I appreciate that in once talented and prolific fandom – after all these years, most of the original ideas have already been exhausted and all the god stories have already been told. But when I drift back (and really, it’s not because I say, get sick of B&W as, again – unbelievably varied and talented, many of the same authors also wrote early-ish SQ, too – but mostly, it's because I still crave some well written SQ, it IS the ‘mothership’ after all, no?) it’s kinda sad when it’s only to find some old author who used to be good – and get disappointed by their – average, OOC, flat piece for SQSN? I get your sifting tactics, I use it too in some other fandom/ships, but when it comes to SQ I’ve (sad, I know – lol) been there from day one, and followed it all AS it developed. So I can mostly hope for some new stuff? And while I stopped watching the show mid S3, it kept living for me in the fics, so – lol, I know. What does it say about me if I still at times have the need to go back to it, and allow it to – continue living?

*sighs*

The idiots never even knew what they created, and they most definitely did not deserve it. :(

Reactions:

Re: Once Upon A Time 10.0

Post by Guest »

I recommend Under the Stars by queststar. Only one chapter but it was a very enjoyable read, and everyone is pretty in character IMO. https://archiveofourown.org/works/33704188

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What was the tweet on the previous page? It's been deleted :( (Something with Gillian Anderson I assume?)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 00:32
What was the tweet on the previous page? It's been deleted :( (Something with Gillian Anderson I assume?)
Someone posted a pic of Gillian along side Lana saying what if they played a couple in something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 21:32
What was the tweet about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 01:56
Why post those here at this point?? They’re just annoying ads!
I see enough of those everywhere already!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 10:42
Guest wrote:
Seriously. JMo's getting paid to advertise. Let her do it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Our Place is bomb tho. I’d rather see this than womens best lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some people are freaking out about her being engaged because you can see her wearing a ring in one pic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 17:39
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 12:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Our Place is bomb tho. I’d rather see this than womens best lol
I’d rather see no ads period but with WB at least she’s in the pics. Here we’re looking at fucking pots and cardboard boxes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 17:47
Some people are freaking out about her being engaged because you can see her wearing a ring in one pic
I hope she gets married just for the epic meltdowns it will cause.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Until Jen announced an engagement it’s just a piece of jewelry to me. They are always doing the most.

Reactions:

Re: Re:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 23:21
Guest wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 17:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 13:43

It’s been ages. That’s why I’ve given up looking.
DA but I go in and out of SQ fic reading. I'll find some decent fics, read them, lose interest in the ship and move on for a bit. Then I'll randomly come back, and there's always a few worth reading when I do. A lot of the OG writers are gone, but the fandom is updated enough that I'm still able to find some fics worth reading.
I'm the same, but I'd like to find those fics worth reading. Everything I find when I wander back is just...subpar. :(
Well, it takes a lot of sifting, lol Usually when I come back, coalitiongirl has a fic waiting. This time she has 2 - both are one (one is reeeeally long) so that should hold me over. I enjoy your writing for the most part. It's at least consistent and easy to read in terms of flow and actually having been properly edited. I wish some of the old writers would come back and just drop a random pic, but I get why they left. I mean I stopped watching the show for good around season 5. Before that I only really watched consistently up until Forest Fungus showed up, then I bounced. It's easy to read fic when you only ship in Fanon, and I imagine how hard it is to write for a couple, when you don't even watch the show anymore, lol.

Last time I came back, I found Dangereaux; which was a nice surprise. Sometimes I'll find authors I like, and then go through their bookmarks. Most of the time, good fit writers only really read pics by other authors that have similar writing quality. So it helps to maybe find something I missed before
DA
I know what you guys mean. I do the same, I drift to some other ships (and I thought that SQ fandom was top notch in terms of being prolific and talented but man, B&W is hands down the most creative one I’ve EVER encountered – but hey, I guess it helps when actresses are the biggest shippers of their ship and fandom is small and creative and there are no ship wars and bible-belt homophobic heteros peddling their ships *cough*craptainswan*cough* or stans confusing their faves with their characters *cough*evilregalmultishitters*cough* and everyone can just relax and enjoy and be creative) but when I come back it’s all just – meh. Like, coalitiongirl has punched out another average AU that only serves to maintain her rep (old glory, really) as, let’s be honest – the last two or three I read gave us either doormat or idiot Emma, and – what was the last really good one she wrote – Amor fati? :-/

I appreciate that in once talented and prolific fandom – after all these years, most of the original ideas have already been exhausted and all the god stories have already been told. But when I drift back (and really, it’s not because I say, get sick of B&W as, again – unbelievably varied and talented, many of the same authors also wrote early-ish SQ, too – but mostly, it's because I still crave some well written SQ, it IS the ‘mothership’ after all, no?) it’s kinda sad when it’s only to find some old author who used to be good – and get disappointed by their – average, OOC, flat piece for SQSN? I get your sifting tactics, I use it too in some other fandom/ships, but when it comes to SQ I’ve (sad, I know – lol) been there from day one, and followed it all AS it developed. So I can mostly hope for some new stuff? And while I stopped watching the show mid S3, it kept living for me in the fics, so – lol, I know. What does it say about me if I still at times have the need to go back to it, and allow it to – continue living?

*sighs*

The idiots never even knew what they created, and they most definitely did not deserve it. :(
I'm racking my brain, trying to figure out what 'B&W' is, lol. I'm sure I"ve heard of it.

Coalitiongirl is consistent in her writing. At this point, I'm just happy with something legible and not G!P or Alpha/Beta. Her work does tend to get repetitive I admit, but at least I know what I'm getting with her. Amor Fati was soooo good. I've enjoyed the majority of her fics, but it's true some are a little underwhelming. I haven't read her SQSN submission - it seems campy, is it campy? I prefer angst longfics, over campy, fluff PWP type of stories; but you are right, a lot of the ideas have been exhausted.

I've been here since the beginning too - but I'm always hoping a new fic pops up that went below my radar. It's easy to search by kudos on AO3 and find all the most popular, but out of nearly 14,000 pics - there HAS to be one I've missed, lol

I just wish I could find a new fandom that is as popular as SQ. It's so shitty to get into a couple, and then realize there's <100 fics out there. I miss the discovery of the SQ more than anything I think. At its height, the content getting pumped out by people was amazing and was honestly what kept me around. If not, I would have completely lost interest a long time ago.

(Btw, sorry for all of my spelling errors in my initial post. I just noticed them all, to my own horror lol. My boss came in and I had no time to proofread before I submitted the post, lol)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 21:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

*sighs*

I'm racking my brain, trying to figure out what 'B&W' is, lol. I'm sure I"ve heard of it.

Coalitiongirl is consistent in her writing. At this point, I'm just happy with something legible and not G!P or Alpha/Beta. Her work does tend to get repetitive I admit, but at least I know what I'm getting with her. Amor Fati was soooo good. I've enjoyed the majority of her fics, but it's true some are a little underwhelming. I haven't read her SQSN submission - it seems campy, is it campy? I prefer angst longfics, over campy, fluff PWP type of stories; but you are right, a lot of the ideas have been exhausted.

I've been here since the beginning too - but I'm always hoping a new fic pops up that went below my radar. It's easy to search by kudos on AO3 and find all the most popular, but out of nearly 14,000 pics - there HAS to be one I've missed, lol

I just wish I could find a new fandom that is as popular as SQ. It's so shitty to get into a couple, and then realize there's <100 fics out there. I miss the discovery of the SQ more than anything I think. At its height, the content getting pumped out by people was amazing and was honestly what kept me around. If not, I would have completely lost interest a long time ago.

(Btw, sorry for all of my spelling errors in my initial post. I just noticed them all, to my own horror lol. My boss came in and I had no time to proofread before I submitted the post, lol)
B&W is Bering & Wells - Myka and HG from Warehouse 13. I used to love that ship before OUAT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 22:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

*sighs*

B&W is Bering & Wells - Myka and HG from Warehouse 13. I used to love that ship before OUAT.
Oh jesus, that's taking it back anon, lol. I had forgotten about them! Thank you!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Go buy Lana’s clothes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol she posted some ratty looking shit. And some nice stuff. She posted the dress that JMo also has and wore to a virtual con last summer haha.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 01:45
lol she posted some ratty looking shit. And some nice stuff. She posted the dress that JMo also has and wore to a virtual con last summer haha.
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is any of the money going to charity? I thought last time ‘a portion’ did but I can’t find that written this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It looks this time all the money goes to Lana's pockets. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah it doesn’t say anything about charity this time so my guess is no.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do they make the audience social distance at cons now in the Q&A sessions or is this con not as busy for Lana?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:00

Do they make the audience social distance at cons now in the Q&A sessions or is this con not as busy for Lana?
Is this why she’s selling her clothes lollll no but really who cares? She knows people will snatch that up for their gross little shrines. Get your coins sis!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 02:20
Guest wrote:
Meh it just looks like basic middle aged woman stuff to me. Wouldn’t call it “ratty”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 06:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

*sighs*

Oh jesus, that's taking it back anon, lol. I had forgotten about them! Thank you!
Oh wow, I guess I need to apologise to you both for that curveball? Lol. Yeah, it’s taking it back quite a bit, but I only got into it – well, a little while ago. Like I said, despite losing interest in OUaT after S3 (still kept up tho', by following some anti OQ blogs that worded everything I personally felt) Swan Queen was it for me, and fix-it fics were great at the time. Remember? But it’s been a while since and, like you Anon – I wanted to find and get into some other fandom but none of the stories, characters or ships had that SOMEthing that SQ had.

And then (about two hundred years later, LOL) I got into W13. Just the show. I didn’t really care about the ship (to be honest I never liked Jaime Murray, so I was immediately dismissive, which - LOL) but the characters are so well written, and the story, and well – there’s a lot to be said if you get into the ship waaaaay later. I mean, the THINGS you can find? Jeepers. But what’s most interesting, my experience was coloured by what was going on around OUaT. Not sure what was worse, fandom crap (and CSrs and multishippers/Lanastans projecting so much shit and creating this divide between actresses, both on and off-screen and it was like – you had to pick a side?) that made it difficult for some to differentiate actors and characters (which of course irretrievably affected fanfiction too) or how the showrunners and the rest of them saw and treated the ship, as well as us. So imagine my utter disbelief when I found this small, inconsequential ship (~1.6k fics) where... *gasp* actresses not only worked great as a team and supported, but actually created and nurtured and captained their ship! I was like, OMG imagine Lana and JMo even entertaining the thought? LOL. As. If. While on the other hand Jaime and Jo and could teach a masterclass in how not to treat your LGBT+ fans like they're an embarrassing smell hanging around the place.

I’m rambling now again, but I hope see my point here? Perhaps because that clean, healthy atmosphere – was also what allowed people just to enjoy the show and ship their characters, loving the ship and creating all the fanart and fics (the AU’s maaan, the AUs!) while NOT confusing actresses with their characters? Wow. Imagine that. Imagine what OUaT fandom would’ve been like without stanning and actor objectification? Perhaps then Lana and Jen could’ve actually remained civil, if not cordial – and people wouldn’t be obsessing over what had happened between them and stalk Lana’s friends’ IGs, or ship Jen with her pots and pans and puking at the sight of that hairy dude, and... the SQ fanfiction might still be *GASP* inspired?

Just imagine.

:eyeroll:

PS. That said, I’m gonna give that CG’s fic a go now. Just for you, Anon. I’ll tell you if it’s campy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poshmark doesn’t deliver outside of the US. If they did all that shit would be gone by now. Many of her hardcore stans are in Brazil and Europe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:09
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 02:20
Guest wrote:
Meh it just looks like basic middle aged woman stuff to me. Wouldn’t call it “ratty”
If you look at some of the items there are visible holes in them. And the sneakers looked like they've been worn to death, like I don't think Goodwill would accept them for resale. They already sold so I can't find the link anymore. Some of the stuff has cheap buy it now options, which is odd though. Like it's a lot of trouble to go through listing and shipping something that sells for $20, especially after ebay fees and shipping will bring that down to like $10.

lchatguest
Reactions:

Post by lchatguest »

Did anyone notice that some items are cross-listed on Ebay and Poshmark? There's a Levi's jacket and a white skirt that are on both. Both are showing "sold" on poshmark but has open bids on Ebay. I hope she has two of those items available to sell and not only one, because otherwise people on ebay are going to be pissed/that will cause issues for her account.

Also, eww at selling thong body suits. And eww at anyone who buys used body suits from anyone at anytime lol.

Whoever got the $60 Dior sunglasses got a good deal though, especially because chances of them being fake are much lower buying from her than other sellers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lchatguest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:28
Did anyone notice that some items are cross-listed on Ebay and Poshmark? There's a Levi's jacket and a white skirt that are on both. Both are showing "sold" on poshmark but has open bids on Ebay. I hope she has two of those items available to sell and not only one, because otherwise people on ebay are going to be pissed/that will cause issues for her account.

Also, eww at selling thong body suits. And eww at anyone who buys used body suits from anyone at anytime lol.

Whoever got the $60 Dior sunglasses got a good deal though, especially because chances of them being fake are much lower buying from her than other sellers.
I noticed the repeat items too, that’s going to be a nightmare if Lana has messed up and sold the same thing twice.

Yes, some of the items on the other site are marked for seemingly low amounts which seems weird when she’s only selling for cash in her own pocket. Bargain for fans in the US though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Keep It Regal continuing the questionable production quality issues going with their new lines I see…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lchatguest wrote:

You’re even interested enough to click the link and go through the items!! Lmaoo
I love Lana but I don’t care one bit for anything she’s selling! Don’t have time to waste skimming through those either (KIR or anything else).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:57
lchatguest wrote:

I noticed the repeat items too, that’s going to be a nightmare if Lana has messed up and sold the same thing twice.

Yes, some of the items on the other site are marked for seemingly low amounts which seems weird when she’s only selling for cash in her own pocket. Bargain for fans in the US though.
Welp, Lana. There was a mess another time she was selling items I think stuff got shipped to wrong addresses or something.

lchatguest
Reactions:

Post by lchatguest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 16:19
lchatguest wrote:

You’re even interested enough to click the link and go through the items!! Lmaoo
I love Lana but I don’t care one bit for anything she’s selling! Don’t have time to waste skimming through those either (KIR or anything else).
Morbid curiosity. Sure as hell not buying anything though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s pretty obvious Lana doesn’t even run the kir account anymore. The posts are way different. And the account is now following a random child dance account. Weird af.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 15:41

Nice bathroom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I see you Grandpa Jen :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

*sighs*

Oh wow, I guess I need to apologise to you both for that curveball? Lol. Yeah, it’s taking it back quite a bit, but I only got into it – well, a little while ago. Like I said, despite losing interest in OUaT after S3 (still kept up tho', by following some anti OQ blogs that worded everything I personally felt) Swan Queen was it for me, and fix-it fics were great at the time. Remember? But it’s been a while since and, like you Anon – I wanted to find and get into some other fandom but none of the stories, characters or ships had that SOMEthing that SQ had.

And then (about two hundred years later, LOL) I got into W13. Just the show. I didn’t really care about the ship (to be honest I never liked Jaime Murray, so I was immediately dismissive, which - LOL) but the characters are so well written, and the story, and well – there’s a lot to be said if you get into the ship waaaaay later. I mean, the THINGS you can find? Jeepers. But what’s most interesting, my experience was coloured by what was going on around OUaT. Not sure what was worse, fandom crap (and CSrs and multishippers/Lanastans projecting so much shit and creating this divide between actresses, both on and off-screen and it was like – you had to pick a side?) that made it difficult for some to differentiate actors and characters (which of course irretrievably affected fanfiction too) or how the showrunners and the rest of them saw and treated the ship, as well as us. So imagine my utter disbelief when I found this small, inconsequential ship (~1.6k fics) where... *gasp* actresses not only worked great as a team and supported, but actually created and nurtured and captained their ship! I was like, OMG imagine Lana and JMo even entertaining the thought? LOL. As. If. While on the other hand Jaime and Jo and could teach a masterclass in how not to treat your LGBT+ fans like they're an embarrassing smell hanging around the place.

I’m rambling now again, but I hope see my point here? Perhaps because that clean, healthy atmosphere – was also what allowed people just to enjoy the show and ship their characters, loving the ship and creating all the fanart and fics (the AU’s maaan, the AUs!) while NOT confusing actresses with their characters? Wow. Imagine that. Imagine what OUaT fandom would’ve been like without stanning and actor objectification? Perhaps then Lana and Jen could’ve actually remained civil, if not cordial – and people wouldn’t be obsessing over what had happened between them and stalk Lana’s friends’ IGs, or ship Jen with her pots and pans and puking at the sight of that hairy dude, and... the SQ fanfiction might still be *GASP* inspired?

Just imagine.

PS. That said, I’m gonna give that CG’s fic a go now. Just for you, Anon. I’ll tell you if it’s campy.
That fandom had their own issues at the time (the showrunners and the queerbaiting, of course) but when you put it that way, their actresses' super happy and intense support, compared with what we got from these two... ugh. Bottom line, half the time JMo acted either like a homophobe or a closet case, and Lana is a fake ally just trying to bank on the fans and their support. So that thing you said about embarrassing smell hanging around the place? It hurts, but it is fucking true. Unfortunately.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 10:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

*sighs*

Just imagine.

Oooooooh catch this hot take! ^^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's sad how much of Lana's career is now based off the exploitation of queer women. Yet she keeps pandering to OQ and Sean.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 18:52
It's sad how much of Lana's career is now based off the exploitation of queer women. Yet she keeps pandering to OQ and Sean.
Aren’t most actors with large cult followings careers based off of exploitation? Like whoever happens to make up their fan base gets exploited in order for the actor to make money. Also known as supply and demand. That’s capitalism baby.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
And that’s only going to take her so far. She’s going to have to do someone else soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
And how exactly is she exploiting queer women?

Page catcher
Reactions:

Post by Page catcher »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 17:12
Suffering fuck. What fresh hell is this?!? My eyes, my eyes 👀

Page catcher
Reactions:

Post by Page catcher »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 19:57
OMG girl. Blink twice if you need help.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know it’s bad form to drag old posts up but I had to :rofl:

Those shorts(undies?) make her look like a TS tucking ‘it’.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Page catcher wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 20:51
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 17:12
Suffering fuck. What fresh hell is this?!? My eyes, my eyes 👀
She looks like one of those hairless Sphinx cats.