Kat, Melanie

EarperCon UK Sept 13-15 2019
Chantel, Greg, Michael

Earp-a-Palooza St Louis Oct 25-27, 2019
Mel, Dom , Kat

Empire Conventions Nov 2-3 2019 Paris
Mel. Michael

<span style='color:#9300C4'>THREAD RULES</span>

1. No harping on the men in the ladies' lives. Constant speculation about who is dating who, insisting about boyfriends, etc. That includes bashing.
2. Do not engage/quote/feed trolls. That will result in your own ban as well.
3. Do not stan bait.
4. Do not trash talk about the actresses/actors personal or professional life .

Originally posted on 2017-09-30 02:30:00

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Why did we have to change threads?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://twitter.com/emtothea/status/1081752013082251265

I liked the old thread. I don't like how in this one when you paste a url the tweet/post doesn't automatically show up.

Guest_guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest_guest »

Looks like we're migrating to this board. The old board is becoming read-only.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest_guest wrote:Looks like we're migrating to this board. The old board is becoming read-only.
Is there a reason that that happened or was it just random?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To me it looks like they will start filming later this season, if i remember correct they had the first table read for S2 and S3 sometime in December. So far it doesn't look like the had one for S4 yet

whozzit
Reactions: 0

Post by whozzit »

Well, this is a bit different. The new forum layout is going to take a bit of getting used to, that's for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ugh this looks worse than spam... Gonna try to post gifs later. I hope we can...

whozzit

Post by whozzit »

Is it an automatic function of the forum to resize / shrink all the photos and gifs posted? I'm seeing this in a bunch of different threads; I wonder if it can be turned off by the person posting or if it's another rule that we're just stuck with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

whozzit wrote:Is it an automatic function of the forum to resize / shrink all the photos and gifs posted? I'm seeing this in a bunch of different threads; I wonder if it can be turned off by the person posting or if it's another rule that we're just stuck with.
Yes it is. I read it has to do with making it easier for mobile phones... I don't think we can change that. So far the only way to see the gif in the right size is by clicking on it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ImageImageImageImageImage
(I see no option to change the size of gifs)
Those gifs come from a new video of the con : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=PlUj8MJS6AM

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
Those gifs come from a new video of the con : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=PlUj8MJS6AM
Can anyone read their lips lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think they are talking about bras after Dom touched a boob. And yes I'm being serious but saying this in a non-shipping way lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's cute how Dom doesn't let go of Kat's waist right away after they're done hugging.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I think they are talking about bras after Dom touched a boob. And yes I'm being serious but saying this in a non-shipping way lol

Wasn't it said that Kat didn't have a bra on lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I think they are talking about bras after Dom touched a boob. And yes I'm being serious but saying this in a non-shipping way lol
Wasn't it said that Kat didn't have a bra on lol
Yep :hudoin:

sharon
Reactions:

Post by sharon »

Guest wrote:
Kat loves that girl truly.. don't care who she married :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sharon wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm sure dom loves her too. Their relationship is just adorable.

Dom must have suddenly remembered Kat didn't have a bra on ú

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
sharon wrote:
Guest wrote:
I'm sure dom loves her too. Their relationship is just adorable.

Dom must have suddenly remembered Kat didn't have a bra on ú
Agree about their relationship! Kat not reacting to Dom's boob grab cracks me up even more ú

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kinda like it in here. What's new with our ladies? Any news about season 4? I haven't been in the old thread for the past 2 months.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It looks like Dom is rubbing Kat's butt I'm the 4th gif

??????
Reactions:

Post by ?????? »

Guest wrote:
It looks like Dom is rubbing Kat's butt I'm the 4th gif
gifs like these that circulate over and over I always wonder how the randoms in the background feel every time they see it.
They can either be like "Yay, it's me again" or "ugh, not again"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I kinda like it in here. What's new with our ladies? Any news about season 4? I haven't been in the old thread for the past 2 months.
Yeah I'm ok with this place too, as long as we can still post big and nice gifs I don't care :p
No news so far. Emily keeps being a little troll on Twitter by saying that Waverly and Nicole are missing everytime somebody mentions them. I don't really know what Kat is doing right now, she doesn't seem to be working on something big, so she could be waiting to start filming. No news about Dom since a bit before Christmas. We don't know where she is :p And I don't know if you were around for that but they also won the PCA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

spam reopened.. Where do we go now? :lolscroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:spam reopened.. Where do we go now?&nbsp; :lolscroll:
I think we should stay over there since it's already established.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:spam reopened.. Where do we go now? :lolscroll:
I prefer this one lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I prefer this one lol
It's easier to post gifs and pictures on spam. And Twitter links and YouTube videos are visible without having to click on the link... This new place is supposed to be better for banning trolls tho. I'll do both until one of them dies down haha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I prefer this one lol
Yeah, I kinda like the early 00's style. I'm sure the admins will change leter on. I do miss the convenience of having the tweets and videos visible in the thread... but I can live with out that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I read a lot of ppl are pissed that the threads and contents from spam were not migrated here. They thought contents would be migrated hence talking 5 months. I don't get why it would take so long either since this board is basically starting from scratch.

I'm fine using either boards but this whole process has been bad is what I'm getting at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I read a lot of ppl are pissed that the threads and contents from spam were not migrated here. They thought contents would be migrated hence talking 5 months. I don't get why it would take so long either since this board is basically starting from scratch.

I'm fine using either boards but this whole process has been bad is what I'm getting at.
*taking* not talking

I hate my own typos

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rthansen
Reactions: 2

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:Cute article about Wayhaught : https://meaww.com/wynonna-earp-waverly-earp...tp-in-life-show
Yes, it is cute. But not entirely correct:
Once she got into it and truly accepted Nicole as her partner, there was no turning back. She gave her whole heart and proved time and again how loyal she is to their relationship just as she is to everything else that she commits to. Many a times both Nicole and Waverly have had to defend their love, and they have always done so, without fear or shame.
She wasn't loyal all the time if I remember correctly (season 2). Now Nicole isn't a saint either, but she has always been loyal. And I'm still not sure about the proposal. That was bad because of the way it was filmed and Nicole didn't even say yes. Luckily Kat (I think) said that she wanted a do-over.

I love Wayhaught, but sometimes people praise them too much by claiming they have been great from start to finish. No couple is perfect, but they fell into a trope that made them comparable to so many other f/f ships. Without that stupid unnecessary instance, they would have been miles ahead of all the others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rthansen wrote:
Guest wrote:Cute article about Wayhaught : https://meaww.com/wynonna-earp-waverly-earp...tp-in-life-show
Once she got into it and truly accepted Nicole as her partner, there was no turning back. She gave her whole heart and proved time and again how loyal she is to their relationship just as she is to everything else that she commits to. Many a times both Nicole and Waverly have had to defend their love, and they have always done so, without fear or shame.
She wasn't loyal all the time if I remember correctly (season 2). Now Nicole isn't a saint either, but she has always been loyal. And I'm still not sure about the proposal. That was bad because of the way it was filmed and Nicole didn't even say yes. Luckily Kat (I think) said that she wanted a do-over.

I love Wayhaught, but sometimes people praise them too much by claiming they have been great from start to finish. No couple is perfect, but they fell into a trope that made them comparable to so many other f/f ships. Without that stupid unnecessary instance, they would have been miles ahead of all the others.
As much as I didn't like that storyline (nobody did :p) I got over it and I think most people did too. I wouldn't be surprised if some even forgot about it. They didn't make a big deal out of it on the show so maybe shippers and hard core fans remember that but others don't.

About the proposal, it's what happens when shows aren't renewed before they film a finale and they do various versions which usually end up being messy (Dom and Kat said they filmed different versions of the proposal). They should have kept the answer which we all know would be a yes, in both cases (renewal or not), but they prefered to do the whole cliffhanger thing. And it ended up looking like that. I do wonder if they had been cancelled, would Waverly still be in the garden? Or that last part would have been cut and there were others scenes instead which ended up being cut.. And you're right, Kat said she thinks they will do a do over and I think Dom agreed with that? Also Emily answered to a tweet a long time ago that implied that the proposal wasn't good enough/incomplete. I don't remember the tweet but I remember thinking that she clearly knew it wasn't enough for the fans. So I do think we will get another one, I've no idea who will do it tho. I'm ok with both. They both deserve a better proposal.

I do think Wayhaught are ahead of a lot of couples (not miles ahead tho) and that's why they are praised this much imo. They are not perfect of course. That's just impossible to do and it's not even realistic. Just my opinion, I don't know all the ships lol Sometimes the writers of those articles also just compare Wayhaught to the others couples of WE so they get even more praise.

Sorry this is really long :/

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:

As much as I didn't like that storyline (nobody did :p) I got over it and I think most people did too. I wouldn't be surprised if some even forgot about it. They didn't make a big deal out of it on the show so maybe shippers and hard core fans remember that but others don't.

About the proposal, it's what happens when shows aren't renewed before they film a finale and they do various versions which usually end up being messy (Dom and Kat said they filmed different versions of the proposal). They should have kept the answer which we all know would be a yes, in both cases (renewal or not), but they prefered to do the whole cliffhanger thing. And it ended up looking like that. I do wonder if they had been cancelled, would Waverly still be in the garden? Or that last part would have been cut and there were others scenes instead which ended up being cut.. And you're right, Kat said she thinks they will do a do over and I think Dom agreed with that? Also Emily answered to a tweet a long time ago that implied that the proposal wasn't good enough/incomplete. I don't remember the tweet but I remember thinking that she clearly knew it wasn't enough for the fans. So I do think we will get another one, I've no idea who will do it tho. I'm ok with both. They both deserve a better proposal.

I do think Wayhaught are ahead of a lot of couples (not miles ahead tho) and that's why they are praised this much imo. They are not perfect of course. That's just impossible to do and it's not even realistic. Just my opinion, I don't know all the ships lol Sometimes the writers of those articles also just compare Wayhaught to the others couples of WE so they get even more praise.

Maybe people have forgotten about it, but they really shouldn't. Showrunners (EA in this case) have to know that reusing the same trope that so many f/f couples have isn't good storytelling. The fact that they didn't make a big deal about it on the show just makes it worse. It was an opportunity to see them talk and grow as a couple, but they couldn't commit to some character development. Either don't do something like that or commit to it.

Yeah, the renewal probably changed the editing. Not for the better no. I have 99% confidence that the show will end on a happy note. They have done to much "fan service" already to not have it. I don't care either who does it, but it will likely be in S4 as Kat said the wedding would be in S5 at the earliest.

I really like Wayhaught. They are definitely the best chemistry wise. No couple is perfect, but sometimes Wayhaught is put on a pedestal and they really shouldn't be. That is how people get disappointed, like with S3. It was hyped too much and didn't live up to it in many areas. They can't be compared to the other couples. Wyndoc is a mismatch and the only way they could be more toxic is if they were abusive. Jeremy and Robin is the definition of "meh." Jeremy is okay in small doses, but he was to prevalent last season. Robin was okay. Are there other couples?

Don't worry about the long post! It's nice to have some engagement about the show while we wait for Dom to get out of the rain forest so they can start S4

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This new site is so weird.
One moment I'm on the Wynonna Earp thread and when I clicked "Next Newest" at the bottom of page, thinking it was for the next WE page, I ended up in a thread called "Korean Entertainment, Kpop, Film, Dramas, etc".

:chainsaw:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:This new site is so weird.
One moment I'm on the Wynonna Earp thread and when I clicked "Next Newest" at the bottom of page, thinking it was for the next WE page, I ended up in a thread called "Korean Entertainment, Kpop, Film, Dramas, etc".

:chainsaw:
It is weird but we will get used to it. At least there is some pink now :p That's because we are still on page one :lolscroll: When we will have more pages you will see the other pages clearly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are they still starting the shoot in January? Or is it looking more like in February?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Are they still starting the shoot in January? Or is it looking more like in February?
If season 4 airs again at the end of July, February is totally possible. I checked and last year we got their filming date ~ two weeks before they started filming. So it could still be in january and we just don't know yet. If it's not Emily, I expect Tim to be the first to tweet about it :p

Piper
Administrator
Reactions: 25

Post by Piper »

Pretty sure those are my favorite gifs of them. Like ever. Which considering how adorable they are on the regular, not a small feat. It just really represents their chemistry and relationship well I think. Such trust and comfort among them.

As for the move and loss of content. There were some unfortunate impediments that caused the migration of all content to be impossible. There was an effort to try an alternate method and unfortunately that too was unsuccessful. So we decided to move because TT and their servers were becoming increasingly unreliable. Then all the drama happened with TT giving root access to someone random and it's just been a mess since. Keep an eye out on the pinned threads for added features and news about the continued improvement of this version of L Chat. If you'd like to go back to TT, or visit both, that's certainly up to you. I just hope this thread continues to be active and a source of community for the show.

whozzit

Post by whozzit »

I hope that this thread stays active too, and the regs from the previous TT thread do migrate over here. It's probably a bit quiet right now because there really isn't much to discuss about the show at the moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

whozzit wrote:I hope that this thread stays active too, and the regs from the previous TT thread do migrate over here. It's probably a bit quiet right now because there really isn't much to discuss about the show at the moment.
Yes and it's a bit quiet in TT too. It may change when they start filming. I also hope they migrate here because I'm lurking/posting in both places and it will be annoying to do that when we get some content. It also looks like this place will handle the trolls better than on TT. I often post updates or gifs so I will do it on both boards first but I hope most end up coming here to make it easier.

Some missed the move and now it is difficult to tell them we moved because TT deletes every post related to this place and bans the anons who link it. ^o)

dadou
Reactions: 242

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote: Yes and it's a bit quiet in TT too. It may change when they start filming. I also hope they migrate here because I'm lurking/posting in both places and it will be annoying to do that when we get some content. It also looks like this place will handle the trolls better than on TT. I often post updates or gifs so I will do it on both boards first but I hope most end up coming here to make it easier.

Some missed the move and now it is difficult to tell them we moved because TT deletes every post related to this place and bans the anons who link it.&nbsp; ^o)
Someone made this link to tumblr that then link to this place , if you see anyone in the TT board looking for this place quietly give them this link .

http://landofthenorth.tumblr.com/post/1818...3895/the-l-chat
:tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
Someone made this link to tumblr that then link to this place , if you see anyone in the TT board looking for this place quietly give them this link .

http://landofthenorth.tumblr.com/post/1818...3895/the-l-chat
Thank you I'll save it!

cre8iv_sparq
Reactions:

Post by cre8iv_sparq »

rthansen wrote:
Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:

As much as I didn't like that storyline (nobody did :P) I got over it and I think most people did too. I wouldn't be surprised if some even forgot about it. They didn't make a big deal out of it on the show so maybe shippers and hard core fans remember that but others don't.

Maybe people have forgotten about it, but they really shouldn't. Showrunners (EA in this case) have to know that reusing the same trope that so many f/f couples have isn't good storytelling. The fact that they didn't make a big deal about it on the show just makes it worse. It was an opportunity to see them talk and grow as a couple, but they couldn't commit to some character development. Either don't do something like that or commit to it.

Yeah, the renewal probably changed the editing. Not for the better no. I have 99% confidence that the show will end on a happy note. They have done to much "fan service" already to not have it. I don't care either who does it, but it will likely be in S4 as Kat said the wedding would be in S5 at the earliest.

I really like Wayhaught. They are definitely the best chemistry wise. No couple is perfect, but sometimes Wayhaught is put on a pedestal and they really shouldn't be. That is how people get disappointed, like with S3. It was hyped too much and didn't live up to it in many areas. They can't be compared to the other couples. Wyndoc is a mismatch and the only way they could be more toxic is if they were abusive. Jeremy and Robin is the definition of "meh." Jeremy is okay in small doses, but he was to prevalent last season. Robin was okay. Are there other couples?

Don't worry about the long post! It's nice to have some engagement about the show while we wait for Dom to get out of the rain forest so they can start S4

They totally talked about it in 3x01. No one wants to talk about it cuz ya'll cry about season 3 sucking. It didn't suck! They spoke of the marriage and the kiss immediately, and let us as viewers know they had a lot of off screen time talking and fighting about it...also making up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You finally found where we are hidding cre8iv_sparq :P
About the question you asked on TT, I personnally don't think Rosita will be back. Just a feeling I have now, I have zero arguments. I would totally trade her for Jeremy or Robin tho! :D Did they mention her in season 3 at all?

Rosita should be dead, but I have this theory that maybe the garden is some kind of hell full of "bad people/demons" and by freeing Waverly and Doc some of them will escape too. And this could inclued Rosita. That would introduce some bad guys, because we don't really have them now that Bulshar is dead? And their job for season 4 could be putting all those demons back in hell.

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

cre8iv_sparq wrote:
rthansen wrote:
Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:
Once she got into it and truly accepted Nicole as her partner, there was no turning back. She gave her whole heart and proved time and again how loyal she is to their relationship &#8211; just as she is to everything else that she commits to. Many a times both Nicole and Waverly have had to defend their love, and they have always done so, without fear or shame.

As much as I didn't like that storyline (nobody did :P) I got over it and I think most people did too. I wouldn't be surprised if some even forgot about it. They didn't make a big deal out of it on the show so maybe shippers and hard core fans remember that but others don't.

They totally talked about it in 3x01. No one wants to talk about it cuz ya'll cry about season 3 sucking. It didn't suck! They spoke of the marriage and the kiss immediately, and let us as viewers know they had a lot of off screen time talking and fighting about it...also making up.
A brief off hand joke counts as talking about it? I doubt it. Season 3 didn't live up to the hype created by the cast and the people behind the show. So in many areas it was disappointing and some parts (Doc's manpain and Jeremy) did suck. The editing in some places and contrived story lines also made the season seem sloppy in many places. Hopefully they'll improve in S4

We don't really know what and how they talked about it in between seasons. That is the flaw with having something so big only serve as drama and not character progression. Because that is what it was. Easy and cheap drama for the sake of it. Them joking about it shows how little it mattered, when it clearly should have. Having "of off screen time" doesn't really count towards the narrative when it comes to this.

And yes, I do like the show and there were parts of S3 that were brilliant, but the show isn't deserving off having Wayhaught lauded as "the perfect couple who were always loyal to each other." Fans should remember the negatives as well as the positives and address these, which the people behind the show should be aware of so that they can improve. Luckily it seems that some of cast and crew has recognized that it wasn't all good and they want to do better next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fans were very vocal about what they didn't like in season 3 so they totally saw it. Emily did for sure, she's always on Twitter.

During a pannel with Mel and Emily, I think it was at Earper con? Emily said they will try to do better (she didn't mention the complaints during season 3 directly she was talking about the show in general). She also said that in every episode there is something she would change, that sometimes they think "I thought that joke would be funnier but it wasn't". I don't remember the rest but she was open to do some changing/progress imo. Then Mel went the other way around and said Emily is too hard on herself and shouldn't overthink that much ^o) :P I don't remember the exact quotes.

cre8iv_sparq
Reactions:

Post by cre8iv_sparq »

Guest wrote:You finally found where we are hidding cre8iv_sparq :P
About the question you asked on TT, I personnally don't think Rosita will be back. Just a feeling I have now, I have zero arguments. I would totally trade her for Jeremy or Robin tho! :D Did they mention her in season 3 at all?

Rosita should be dead, but I have this theory that maybe the garden is some kind of hell full of "bad people/demons" and by freeing Waverly and Doc some of them will escape too. And this could inclued Rosita. That would introduce some bad guys, because we don't really have them now that Bulshar is dead? And their job for season 4 could be putting all those demons back in hell.
I am still floored that they made that decision in the writing room, to end the overall arc of the storyline. I seriously do NOT understand that. Unless EA truly felt like they weren't being renewed...but why? So confused. I remember the Revnants didn't immediately die at 3x12 or did they? Honestly I just watched the proposal a million times. I feel like Blushar killed them when they became human...or whatever they were. What do you think?

I don't think the garden of eden can be hell...Right?

cre8iv_sparq
Reactions:

Post by cre8iv_sparq »

rthansen wrote:
cre8iv_sparq wrote:
rthansen wrote:
Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:

A brief off hand joke counts as talking about it? I doubt it. Season 3 didn't live up to the hype created by the cast and the people behind the show. So in many areas it was disappointing and some parts (Doc's manpain and Jeremy) did suck. The editing in some places and contrived story lines also made the season seem sloppy in many places. Hopefully they'll improve in S4

We don't really know what and how they talked about it in between seasons. That is the flaw with having something so big only serve as drama and not character progression. Because that is what it was. Easy and cheap drama for the sake of it. Them joking about it shows how little it mattered, when it clearly should have. Having "of off screen time" doesn't really count towards the narrative when it comes to this.

And yes, I do like the show and there were parts of S3 that were brilliant, but the show isn't deserving off having Wayhaught lauded as "the perfect couple who were always loyal to each other." Fans should remember the negatives as well as the positives and address these, which the people behind the show should be aware of so that they can improve. Luckily it seems that some of cast and crew has recognized that it wasn't all good and they want to do better next season.

3x01 it seems as though it was a done deal. For fucks sake shes 22 and kissed someone when she was in a fight. Honestly do not find it a big deal, but to each their own. Nicole was frigging married FFS! We aren't always going to be privvy to a supernatural shows relationship issues that don't directly have anything to do with the storyline. I think it was awesome they said ANYTHING at all. They stated they fought, they made up, it sucked what happened and they moved forward. EA wrote for WH in season 3 and I can assure you EA cannot write romance well. Alex Zawrony wrote them for season 1 and 2 and she excels at it. April Mullen is a great f/f director....ahem, thank you tongue kiss, but who's writing for them? just EA? I hope the new writer that wrote Jolene(i think), can't remember her name, writes more for them. EA needs to step away from that.