Terror and Mass Attacks

Reactions:

Re: Terror and Mass Attacks

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 07:08
Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 06:53
I come from a region where guns aren't a thing, you can never buy them they aren't sold to the public and that narrative makes people not even think about owning one. No one needs to buy a gun, because they know no one will attack them with a gun. So we have never had any mass shooting or any gun related crimes, that doesn't mean crimes aren't committed but they happen at a lower rate and using other means that are generally less deadly.
So what the fuck is wrong with Americans? I keep seeing idiots saying they need them for protection when i have never heard anyone kill a mass murderer and stop anything. They keep saying getting rid of guns won't mean people won't have them, and while it takes time the government can confiscate and get rid of guns until they are completely gone. This insanity is out of this world, the fact that anyone can go and buy a gun is fucked up and i can't believe people aren't getting it. Hearing about kids getting killed is heartbreaking, the idea that anyone going about their day can get killed that easily is maddening.
The issue is that the second amendment in the constitution explicitly says government can’t restrict the citizenry’s right to bear arms and the constitution can only get amended with 60% state approval. And now it’s a whole sociocultural identity, having guns. Fucked up.
DA
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
If the people would actually read the second amendment they would know that "everyone can have guns" is not what it means. People being part of a well regulated millitia have the right to bear arms, not random people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The thing that gets me about AR–15’s is that the only areas I can be somewhat understanding of gun ownership is personal protection and hunting for sport. In neither of the situations would an AR–15 be ideal.

Imagine your asleep in bed and a burglar bursts in through the door, your AR–15 is at the side of the bed – very weighty, you have to position it and yourself right to use it effectively – it would be 100 times more effective to have a hand gun/Glock type of situation that you could easily grab and shoot.

And the same with hunting – I’m not an expert but shooting a deer into a million pieces doesn’t seem ideal if you want to eat it – or even not. Get a hunting rifle.

It’s like, there’s not even a base level of logic or compromise with these gun lobby/gun freaks. Where do you even begin?! I don’t think there will be significant American gun reform in my lifetime. It’s just utterly demoralising.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

=_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 10:40
The thing that gets me about AR–15’s is that the only areas I can be somewhat understanding of gun ownership is personal protection and hunting for sport. In neither of the situations would an AR–15 be ideal.

Imagine your asleep in bed and a burglar bursts in through the door, your AR–15 is at the side of the bed – very weighty, you have to position it and yourself right to use it effectively – it would be 100 times more effective to have a hand gun/Glock type of situation that you could easily grab and shoot.

And the same with hunting – I’m not an expert but shooting a deer into a million pieces doesn’t seem ideal if you want to eat it – or even not. Get a hunting rifle.

It’s like, there’s not even a base level of logic or compromise with these gun lobby/gun freaks. Where do you even begin?! I don’t think there will be significant American gun reform in my lifetime. It’s just utterly demoralising.
AR-15 is a weapon of war. It's impractical for hunting or home defense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Speaking of the weapon - a gruesome, but to me a needed to be talked about fact is that the bodies of the dead children are beyond any recognition, because of the military weapon used. It's simply impossible to figure out their identity, so the parents had to give DNA swabs to know who the bodies belong to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone from the US on the AskReddit sub summarized it nicely (it's the top post in that sub if anyone wants to see for themselves):
The US needs to increase salaries, provide free healthcare, paid time off and higher education, help the poor and homeless, and invest in mental health.
In my opinion that last one should have more investments from the entire world because I don't know a single country that does it well, but everything else, definitely. I come from a country where the standard of living is quite low and the middle class is growing smaller just like in the US from what I've seen, but there's still free healthcare, and 20/30 paid days off on average. Higher education (tuition+living costs) costs about $10k for a B.A. in public schools, and that's a total for all years, not per year. Private schools tend to cost more, but there's a limited number of people that attend them. We also only have fences around our schools to protect kids from running out into streets, not with metal detectors and active shooter drills.

Hell, in my 16 years in the education system, I only had one single drill, and it was in case of a fire. But there are no mass shootings, let alone multiple ones practically every single day. A lot of people are unhappy with the state of my country which is largely due to nepotism and corruption, but there's no violence to such scales as the US has. And many understand that if they can't change the country internally (which is difficult because of the issues I mentioned), they just leave. So I think Americans only have those two options. Internal change, which I assume should be easier with big numbers through voting and protests (my country can't get big numbers of people organized because as soon as conversations about that start, there's always someone with $$$ that's willing to pay people to stray from that topic), or just leave. Just go to a country where you'd be happy to pay taxes and have that money go to a better everyday life, instead of fear for your and everyone else's lives every single day. You get to choose to stay somewhere where a single injury can financially cripple you for life, or where you have to pay something like $100 to get everything you need, treatment and medicine. And yes, I'm talking about Europe, where this actually functions in that way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 04:16
Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 04:11
Non-american here, why are the republicans so adamant on passing the gun control law? They could still own a gun and they could still trophy hunt in that law right?
Money from the NRA. That's literally all it takes for them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 11:42
Someone from the US on the AskReddit sub summarized it nicely (it's the top post in that sub if anyone wants to see for themselves):
The US needs to increase salaries, provide free healthcare, paid time off and higher education, help the poor and homeless, and invest in mental health.
In my opinion that last one should have more investments from the entire world because I don't know a single country that does it well, but everything else, definitely. I come from a country where the standard of living is quite low and the middle class is growing smaller just like in the US from what I've seen, but there's still free healthcare, and 20/30 paid days off on average. Higher education (tuition+living costs) costs about $10k for a B.A. in public schools, and that's a total for all years, not per year. Private schools tend to cost more, but there's a limited number of people that attend them. We also only have fences around our schools to protect kids from running out into streets, not with metal detectors and active shooter drills.

Hell, in my 16 years in the education system, I only had one single drill, and it was in case of a fire. But there are no mass shootings, let alone multiple ones practically every single day. A lot of people are unhappy with the state of my country which is largely due to nepotism and corruption, but there's no violence to such scales as the US has. And many understand that if they can't change the country internally (which is difficult because of the issues I mentioned), they just leave. So I think Americans only have those two options. Internal change, which I assume should be easier with big numbers through voting and protests (my country can't get big numbers of people organized because as soon as conversations about that start, there's always someone with $$$ that's willing to pay people to stray from that topic), or just leave. Just go to a country where you'd be happy to pay taxes and have that money go to a better everyday life, instead of fear for your and everyone else's lives every single day. You get to choose to stay somewhere where a single injury can financially cripple you for life, or where you have to pay something like $100 to get everything you need, treatment and medicine. And yes, I'm talking about Europe, where this actually functions in that way.
That is never gonna happen, just as the gun issues arent going to get solves. You will literally have r------- politicians yell "thats communism!!!111! " if you suggest any sort of public healthcare, paid off time, protection for people who are out of work etc. And the democrats arent any better see roe vs wade which they had the opportunity to made into a law, but they didnt.
The US is literally a 3rd world country with a gucci belt.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

you really have to look at what has changed in the u.s. in the past twenty years. cause i'm older and we didn't grow up with this. columbine in 1999 was shocking because that didn't really happen. before columbine i always just heard about charles whitman on the the university of texas tower in the sixties. that was the sixties though! i don't remember any school shootings when i was coming through school. i remember one mass shooting at a luby's here in tx when i was a kid. now it's a regular occurrence. I think there are probably many factors, but the increased, readily available proliferation of ar style rifles has to play a role. (though actually my dad had an ar 15 when i was young and i shot it at 12. crazy huh. but it seemed like they were a lot less common back then.) but there were certainly guns available back then. just not ones that could kill as many as quickly. but they could have done damage! so that's not the whole answer. when my dad went to school, teenagers just kept their hunting rifles in a rack on their truck in the school parking lot, they didnt have this going on.

I know that we have also gotten more and more divided politically to the extremes, but doesn't that happen everywhere? did growing up in the shadow of 9/11 have some a effect on the national psyche? why has this just spiraled out of control here? just in this last couple decades? It's like it's contagious now. Like it's too contagious for us to get a handle on cause now it's just in the psyche of the generations coming up in this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 14:56
you really have to look at what has changed in the u.s. in the past twenty years. cause i'm older and we didn't grow up with this. columbine in 1999 was shocking because that didn't really happen. before columbine i always just heard about charles whitman on the the university of texas tower in the sixties. that was the sixties though! i don't remember any school shootings when i was coming through school. i remember one mass shooting at a luby's here in tx when i was a kid. now it's a regular occurrence. I think there are probably many factors, but the increased, readily available proliferation of ar style rifles has to play a role. (though actually my dad had an ar 15 when i was young and i shot it at 12. crazy huh. but it seemed like they were a lot less common back then.) but there were certainly guns available back then. just not ones that could kill as many as quickly. but they could have done damage! so that's not the whole answer. when my dad went to school, teenagers just kept their hunting rifles in a rack on their truck in the school parking lot, they didnt have this going on.

I know that we have also gotten more and more divided politically to the extremes, but doesn't that happen everywhere? did growing up in the shadow of 9/11 have some a effect on the national psyche? why has this just spiraled out of control here? just in this last couple decades? It's like it's contagious now. Like it's too contagious for us to get a handle on cause now it's just in the psyche of the generations coming up in this time.
My guess is because the politicians learned that it’s a great issue to get people riled up emotionally. No thinking, emotion overrides thinking. “They’re taking our guns away!!!! Aaahh!! How can we protect ourselves?!” I’m not a psychologist so can’t give the scientific explanation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 12:46
Guest wrote:

That is never gonna happen, just as the gun issues arent going to get solves. You will literally have r------- politicians yell "thats communism!!!111! " if you suggest any sort of public healthcare, paid off time, protection for people who are out of work etc. And the democrats arent any better see roe vs wade which they had the opportunity to made into a law, but they didnt.
Those things should be solved so the gun issues can get solved too. Otherwise it's just gonna keep getting worse in my opinion. And those politicians need to get educated on how the rest of the world operates, because this is specifically a US issue. And you're right about it being a 3rd world country with a gucci belt. What's happening over there has nothing to do with the so-called "freedom" people label that country as. Being free is being able to go into a school or pretty much anywhere else without worrying if you're gonna get out in a body bag. Or any of your loved ones ending up the same way. Or with crippling debt because of health issues. And being able to spend time with your friends and family, not worrying about whether you'll have enough money just for rent and bills if you don't get a third job that will keep you away from them. All of those essentials - and yes they're all essentials - when gone, create insane issues like gun violence, I think.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there already a time line? I just heard from an interview of the 1st responder that it took them 30mnts before they arrived on the scene? What took them that long? :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 12:46
Guest wrote:

I live in a corrupted third world country, but we don’t have shootings. I mean I don’t even have a record of any. It’s terrible, I’m devastated for these kids these lives lost. No words

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Teachers should go on strike nation wide. Hell, a general strike sounds good about now. Grind the economy to a halt a force an emergency session in Congress or some shit to get some kind of basic gun control measure passed. Background checks is a start.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 12:16
But didn’t the people who live there vote for this person? Whenever this happens the left screams VOOOOTE but the fact is people are. And they keep voting for Ted Cruz. Greg Abbot. Mitt Romney. That dude has practically been elected to every type of public office possible. So people are voting. But they are voting for these men. And these men in turn consistently vote to protect gun ownership over their constituents lives. And it’s not a surprise when they do it. Because they always have voted that way. And yet, again, people keep voting for them. And don’t give me gerrymandering or the ec as an excuse. We need to accept the fact that many more people than we want to think are perfectly fine with saying “thoughts and prayers are enough because don’t you dare come for my guns”. If we don’t admit the truth of the problem we will never make it better. The fact is this country should be at least 4 separate countries that have trade agreements with each other. The culture is too broken and it will never, ever get better. We need to stop pretending voting for the next lame duck, do nothing, spineless Dem is going to magically fix things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But didn’t the people who live there vote for this person? Whenever this happens the left screams VOOOOTE but the fact is people are. And they keep voting for Ted Cruz. Greg Abbot. Mitt Romney. That dude has practically been elected to every type of public office possible. So people are voting. But they are voting for these men. And these men in turn consistently vote to protect gun ownership over their constituents lives. And it’s not a surprise when they do it. Because they always have voted that way. And yet, again, people keep voting for them. And don’t give me gerrymandering or the ec as an excuse. We need to accept the fact that many more people than we want to think are perfectly fine with saying “thoughts and prayers are enough because don’t you dare come for my guns”. If we don’t admit the truth of the problem we will never make it better. The fact is this country should be at least 4 separate countries that have trade agreements with each other. The culture is too broken and it will never, ever get better. We need to stop pretending voting for the next lame duck, do nothing, spineless Dem is going to magically fix things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:21
Guest wrote:
Right, one of the victims fathers has a picture of him and his now murdered daughter in which he is wearing a shirt that says Fuck your Gun Free Zone. The narrative is going to shift to make it about anything but a gun issue.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fuck. Exactly. Jesus fucking Christ. This world is hell on earth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

unreal. but i guarantee you this dude will believe that the problem is that there weren't a bunch of yahoos like himself armed to the nines protecting each school. that the real problem was that the people at the school weren't armed. the real problem is that the school was a "gun free zone." that will be the argument forward. the answer is always more people with guns.

Quest
Reactions:

Post by Quest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:31
We posted the same thing, the demographics of that town most likely reflect as conservative. They got who they voted for in this case. and the children paid for it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:37
unreal. but i guarantee you this dude will believe that the problem is that there weren't a bunch of yahoos like himself armed to the nines protecting each school. that the real problem was that the people at the school weren't armed. the real problem is that the school was a "gun free zone." that will be the argument forward. the answer is always more people with guns.
And without any ounce of critical thinking, they never get to the fact that, you know who said “fuck your gun free zone”? The shooter did. And he was able to do that because he had, well, a gun.

The children are innocent but unfortunately that doesn’t really mean anything since their lives are subject to the will of adults around them. And as we can see, her own father supported a culture that allows this to happen again and again and again. I’m not sure what can actually be done since this is the case.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Right, one of the victims fathers has a picture of him and his now murdered daughter in which he is wearing a shirt that says Fuck your Gun Free Zone. The narrative is going to shift to make it about anything but a gun issue.
Oh my God, are you for real?
I think women should be allowed to buy guns, Ar-15 and nukes.
Men are the problem.
I wouldn't trust an angry guy with a gun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 17:24
Is there already a time line? I just heard from an interview of the 1st responder that it took them 30mnts before they arrived on the scene? What took them that long? :blinkwide:
They were waiting for border patrol as backup. Gave the killer enough time to massacre an entire classroom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA
This is why i said, in another comment, the US aint changing. People have been so blinded by bs from birth, they refuse to do or want stuff that would benefit themselves. The whole culture around guns in the US is psychotic, people make that shit their whole personality. Same as they think public healthcare is bs, cause "muh i aint going to pay if im not sick, just so other people can also benefit from it", cause they have been spoon fet this me me me and then me attitude.
And then they are voting for politicians that are either as stupid as they are, just in it for the money or just doing lip service that shit will change. You dont see people that actually want to do changes go far in US politics, all their ideas get blocked real fast.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

we literally have a huge nra conference happening in houston on friday. trump will be there. i wouldn't be surprised if it is packed. you know gun and ammo sales actually skyrocket after these mass shootings cause the crazies get all the more defensive about the left trying to take away their precious guns.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:59
we literally have a huge nra conference happening in houston on friday. trump will be there. i wouldn't be surprised if it is packed. you know gun and ammo sales actually skyrocket after these mass shootings cause the crazies get all the more defensive about the left trying to take away their precious guns.
I bet guns are not allowed inside bec. it’s unsafe and dangerous. =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 19:03
Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 18:59
I bet guns are not allowed inside bec. it’s unsafe and dangerous. =_=
yep. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The USA is a horrid, scary place.
Seem to worry more about their guns than people's lives. Where do all these pro lifers go when things like this happen? Probably asking for more guns and expecting some wild west shoot out to take place between the goodies and the baddies. Fuckwits.

One. Only 1 shooting here in Scotland and laws came in to make already tough gun laws even tougher.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I unfortunately think that we're way past the nuclear line of no return when it comes to gun control. There's absolutely no way there can be a repeal of the 2nd amendment without setting off a second civil war. And at this point there are so many guns in circulation illegally that it won't matter if we ban assault rifles, boost the minimum age to buy and enforce the strictest background checks possible. We're too far gone. The entirety of our political system has spent the last 50 years making sure that's the case and I don't think there's any way to stop it with legislation.

What we CAN do is actually pay attention to warning signs. Every single time something like this happens, there have been warning signs. How is it they always get missed?! I think we're all so self involved that we don't think about things until after the fact when it's too late.

There are so many sick fucking people in this world now though. Guns are the weapon of choice, but where the hell are all these people coming from? I was a 90s kid too, Columbine was completely shocking. None of this is shocking anymore. Is it just law of averages, more people in the country, more complete psychos? That to me is beyond scary.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ the second amendment doesn't say anything about making every type of gun or weapon available to everyone. fully automatic guns are not aloud. missiles are not allowed. nuclear weapons are not allowed. no one thinks they should be. we already have curtails on its scope. there is no good reason for ordinary citizens to have assault rifles either. It clearly won't solve the whole problem. There is clearly a psychological problem with a whole generation of young men in our country right now. But you should make it more difficult to kill THAT many people, if you can. instead of using every mass shooting to then pass laws to make it easier for people to get assault rifles as quick as possible without permits or checks. Like my home state of TX has.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

These poor kids, smh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 09:16
Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 07:08
Guest wrote:
25 May 2022, 06:53
I come from a region where guns aren't a thing, you can never buy them they aren't sold to the public and that narrative makes people not even think about owning one. No one needs to buy a gun, because they know no one will attack them with a gun. So we have never had any mass shooting or any gun related crimes, that doesn't mean crimes aren't committed but they happen at a lower rate and using other means that are generally less deadly.
So what the fuck is wrong with Americans? I keep seeing idiots saying they need them for protection when i have never heard anyone kill a mass murderer and stop anything. They keep saying getting rid of guns won't mean people won't have them, and while it takes time the government can confiscate and get rid of guns until they are completely gone. This insanity is out of this world, the fact that anyone can go and buy a gun is fucked up and i can't believe people aren't getting it. Hearing about kids getting killed is heartbreaking, the idea that anyone going about their day can get killed that easily is maddening.
The issue is that the second amendment in the constitution explicitly says government can’t restrict the citizenry’s right to bear arms and the constitution can only get amended with 60% state approval. And now it’s a whole sociocultural identity, having guns. Fucked up.
DA
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
If the people would actually read the second amendment they would know that "everyone can have guns" is not what it means. People being part of a well regulated millitia have the right to bear arms, not random people.
DA, but IA. If people understood that the second amendment isn’t even being followed as written in the first place, it would go a long way in changing policy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2022, 03:30

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

40 MINUTES?????? WTF????

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Beto O'Rourke confronts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott in Uvalde: ‘You are doing nothing’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... interrupt/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Better than doing a moment of silence:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2022, 03:52
40 MINUTES?????? WTF????
Yes i heard from the news when they interview the first responder. It took them 30 minutes before coming in. Guns are firing inside and they waited for tactical team. They knew there’s only one gunman. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Those bitch ass cops need to be fired.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yet another reminder that cops don't have a duty to protect you or your kids.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/poli ... otect.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 May 2022, 04:47
Guest wrote:
Yet another reminder that cops don't have a duty to protect you or your kids.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/poli ... otect.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »