Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 09:41
WTF the mods deleting Marian's gifs :mask:

Whom is responsible for this? Nobody deletes gifs of our Marian. One second:-

Mods be damned, we want our Marian reactions. :angel:

Reactions:

Re: Gentleman Jack (HBO)

Post by Guest »

I think Gentleman Jack has helped a lot of people to overcome their prejudices. I used to dislike women who dressed in masculine clothes, but thanks to Anne, I don't find them weird anymore.

Anne dresses like your average southern republican grandmother.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:20
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 13:41
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:27
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:23
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 11:40

I hope you're wrong, too. I don't want their season finale kissing scene or love scene happen while one of them is drunk.
How do we know that she is drunk? And I hope we get one more love scene apart from this one.
I think she seems that way from the trailer where this clip is from.

Let me watch again lol. I also hope we don’t get disappointed for this love scene as we did for the naked one. It was too short and quick. I don’t know I felt like something was off in that scene.
I’ve given up hope that we’ll be getting a love scene any longer than the one we’ve already seen.
da I have given up like 99% of hope, but a little bit remains because it's hard to give up ALL hope. A part of me always still wants to believe they will surprise us and there's something we haven't seen anywhere in the trailers.

I've always thought that the drunk Anne scene will be in episode seven (and I do think she's drunk because Sophie and Suranne have spoken about drunk Ann, and we haven't see her yet), because it seems like a light scene, and I imagine episode 8 will be more intense. I've thought it more because of the hbo nudity tag on episode seven. Like I know it will probably be a man ass, but that stubborn 1% hopes it will be something good for us. But anyway, that trailer with Vere and the fact that they were packing to go to York at the end of the last ep made me think that I was wrong about the timing because I doubted we'd get flirty/drunk Ann in an episode where they're fighting, but maybe Vere and the fighting will be in episode 8. Nothing we've seen from episode 7 (pictures, synopsis) hints at the Vere situation. Maybe they will have a big fight in episode 8 (silent treatment included) and it will be part of the choice they have to make, to choose each other even though sometimes they will fight and not get along, because that's how real relationships are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You ain't getting an explicit love scene this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 15:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:23

How do we know that she is drunk? And I hope we get one more love scene apart from this one.

Let me watch again lol. I also hope we don’t get disappointed for this love scene as we did for the naked one. It was too short and quick. I don’t know I felt like something was off in that scene.
I’ve given up hope that we’ll be getting a love scene any longer than the one we’ve already seen.
da I have given up like 99% of hope, but a little bit remains because it's hard to give up ALL hope. A part of me always still wants to believe they will surprise us and there's something we haven't seen anywhere in the trailers.

I've always thought that the drunk Anne scene will be in episode seven (and I do think she's drunk because Sophie and Suranne have spoken about drunk Ann, and we haven't see her yet), because it seems like a light scene, and I imagine episode 8 will be more intense. I've thought it more because of the hbo nudity tag on episode seven. Like I know it will probably be a man ass, but that stubborn 1% hopes it will be something good for us. But anyway, that trailer with Vere and the fact that they were packing to go to York at the end of the last ep made me think that I was wrong about the timing because I doubted we'd get flirty/drunk Ann in an episode where they're fighting, but maybe Vere and the fighting will be in episode 8. Nothing we've seen from episode 7 (pictures, synopsis) hints at the Vere situation. Maybe they will have a big fight in episode 8 (silent treatment included) and it will be part of the choice they have to make, to choose each other even though sometimes they will fight and not get along, because that's how real relationships are.
This is exactly what I want to believe that they will surprise us somehow. We didn’t get to see them much in this season and it has already came to the end and after today’s news that BBC may not renew GJ I don’t know I cannot get enough of them and bot ready to let go…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:59
She ended the queer's wishful thinking with this clip. I hate it when they claim she wanted to be a man.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:44
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 15:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is exactly what I want to believe that they will surprise us somehow. We didn’t get to see them much in this season and it has already came to the end and after today’s news that BBC may not renew GJ I don’t know I cannot get enough of them and bot ready to let go…
GJ will be renewed, don't worry. We could expect season 3 in 2024.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well she looks now only to start walking like AL. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There is your nudity for season 7

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What makes you so sure?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:10

*episode 7

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

:lol: :bigcry: :lol: :bigcry:

I laugh and I cry because of how likely it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally caught up to ep4. I forgot how much I love this show. I PC'd a bit and honestly, I didn't even know that the actress who played Anne Walker was pregnant. Lol.

God, I love the dyke drama. So deliciously enjoyable to me though thinking really deeply about both of them lowkey makes sad. Mariana being trapped with that horrible man and what happened to Anne after Ann's death.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 06:52
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 01:00
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 00:28
Does anybody think the first kiss turned out exactly as it was written in the script? It seems to me like the kiss was a lot tamer than described here.

Their best kiss was probably this one and it was cut :bigcry: It appeared in one of the bbc "previously" thingies but nowhere in the episodes.

Hottttt
This is a show that cuts out the better takes. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:13
Guest wrote:

*episode 7

Ohh shit again?! =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:11
What makes you so sure?
Do you have inside info then? Or how can you say this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:43
Guest wrote:
What makes you so sure?
It's Sally W. browsing L chat. :rofl: I don't believe anything like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AL is forcing them to get married or what :lol: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What makes you so sure?
DA I bet she does too. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:40
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:13
Guest wrote:

*episode 7

Ohh shit again?! =_=
Shame they didn't catch them in the carriage. That thing needs reupholstered... again. <_<

purple2011
Reactions:

Post by purple2011 »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:04
Or ever. That's not this show. Although I DO wish they'd at least deviate somewhat from the gentle, one-paced love scenes we've had between the Anne's so far. You can be married and in love with someone and still have passionate sex 🙄

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

purple2011 wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:07
Guest wrote:
Or ever. That's not this show. Although I DO wish they'd at least deviate somewhat from the gentle, one-paced love scenes we've had between the Anne's so far. You can be married and in love with someone and still have passionate sex 🙄
They say Ann's going to be getting drunk soon? Maybe she'll get freaky too?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

purple2011 wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:07
Guest wrote:

Right?! Why we are not getting this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You can be married and in love with someone and still have passionate sex 🙄
This is the last hope of a sex scene we have, at least from the promos (and they've spoiled all the other ones).

The upside is that Ann seems to be the instigator, which is probably why we've assumed she's a little drunk. She seems to be the instigator and Anne seems a bit amused. Sophie and Suranne have both mentioned drunk Ann, but it hasn't happened yet.

The downside is that they will just cut away to pigs or something else unpleasant way too soon, like they always do. :argh: At this point I will even take a post sex moment, just them spent afterwards or something. Something! But I doubt we'll get that either. :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 17:29
Well she looks now only to start walking like AL. :rofl:
Oh no this isn't that catching Matthew and Eugine at it? Is it? <_<

I love Anne's coat on Ann and I also like Ann's hat. :wub: :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:02
Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 18:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What makes you so sure?
DA I bet she does too. :lol:
It's Anne Lister's ghost. Wouldn't put it past her either. :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:40
This is the last hope of a sex scene we have, at least from the promos (and they've spoiled all the other ones).

The upside is that Ann seems to be the instigator, which is probably why we've assumed she's a little drunk. She seems to be the instigator and Anne seems a bit amused. Sophie and Suranne have both mentioned drunk Ann, but it hasn't happened yet.

The downside is that they will just cut away to pigs or something else unpleasant way too soon, like they always do. :argh: At this point I will even take a post sex moment, just them spent afterwards or something. Something! But I doubt we'll get that either. :handbags:
I can’t wait for thissss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anns hair is reminding me of hula hoops crisps this series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 20:54
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I cackled :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Her hair, as well as Anne's, looks off this season. I think they're using hair pieces of some kind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jesus, Marian also has a plaited loaf on top of her head. Perhaps I am just hungry tonight. :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fuck where in the youtube hell did I go. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:40

Yes, they're finally going to recreate the night that Ann describes in her diary. They had loud sex and kept the bed squeaking till the point where the people next to them got scared. Then Anne put the mattress on the floor and they kept having sex till they fell asleep. Ann was a good lover. 

She had a weak spine and still managed to do weird sex positions. She sat on Anne's knees, had her head on the bead but her feet on the chair. Fanfic writers don't do her justice. She was like Queen Elizabeth II.

Lister13
Reactions:

Post by Lister13 »

Ann talking about having kids..again!.The Ann(e)s as parents.. :heart: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She was like Queen Elizabeth II.
I beg your pardon? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What makes you so sure?
They should have Season 3. They can recast Sophie as Kristen Stewart

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 01:16
She was like Queen Elizabeth II.
I beg your pardon? :rofl:
Philip's friend said despite Philip being her first man, once Elizabeth discovered sex, she started wanting to hook up with her husband all the time. Lilibeth acted like a queen in front of everybody but had a dirty mind. 

After Philio cheated on her, she hooked up with her childhood best friend. The Queen is a nasty lady.

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 23:14
Jesus, Marian also has a plaited loaf on top of her head. Perhaps I am just hungry tonight. :angel:
Marian's hair started to get fussier once Ann moved in. I think they must be bad influences on each other :lol:
:mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor M. Anne is already falling in love with Anne. If it gets renowned then, we're going to watch the scene where she asks Anne to take her back and Ann tells her no. Anne was very straightforward in the name of honesty. She kind of said, "I love you, but I'm in love with another person." She should have lied to her. Say whatever you want, but M also risked a lot, because she thought Anne was going to be in love with her forever. I adore Ann W, but bragging about her happiness in front of a closeted lesbian is inappropriate. Why does she invite her? To brag about how she had Anne's in the back of her hand? 
M was probably crying when she wrote and sent her my love to Miss Walker, and Anne kept telling her how much she and AW were in love. Anne was clueless as usual, but AW knew what she was doing. 

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Which scene do you think Ann says to Anne ‘I cannot keep on like this, you do know that’? This might not be the exact line but I remember to hear this line one of the promos.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2022, 19:00
AL is forcing them to get married or what :lol: :rofl:

No this is George, the one she’s fooling around with is Matthew

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hortense wrote:
17 May 2022, 03:36
Just watched Episode 4... is anyone else disgusted with Anne cheating on Ann with that highly unattractive and venereal disease infested Marianne?

The writers are not endearing us to the main character with her despicable behavior. I know they’re trying to make it like a soap opera, but the reason we fell in love with the series was the love between Anne and Ann... now it has been sullied for me.
Many of us had that reaction after having watched that episode. You're not alone. I was so upset as well and hated Anne after. It was hard to accept. Still not fully there. I only watch Anne and Ann scenes since then. Might rewatch the entire series 2 after it ends, except for episode 4. Never rewatching that, except for Ann scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did she hurt her?
30 June 1837

Began gravely with the assurance that A- should have no trouble with me, she had only to do as she liked – she began crying. I changed my manner, said all this was ridiculous. She wanted a good whipping and I got her right. I told her I must buy a rod, and, in truth, I must not indulge her too much.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love this scene/kiss/hugs. So sweet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 14:50
Did she hurt her?
30 June 1837

Began gravely with the assurance that A- should have no trouble with me, she had only to do as she liked – she began crying. I changed my manner, said all this was ridiculous. She wanted a good whipping and I got her right. I told her I must buy a rod, and, in truth, I must not indulge her too much.
I don't think anyone knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Those intimate scenes are good for another reason, no weird hairstyles, which in this season are not very good, particularly on Ann.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2022, 14:50
Did she hurt her?
30 June 1837

OMG... Is that true? I'd never thought something like that about AW? Strange... Is it kind of s/m sex or she liked to punish herself for something?