Gentleman Jack (HBO)

Reactions:

Re: HBO's Gentleman Jack

Post by Guest »

I was a bit bothered by too many looks at the camera but otherwise it was so good. Very happy with the writing, the production, the performances. Anne and Ann scenes were beautiful. So many throwbacks to season 1. "In a certain light?" That was so adorable.

So glad we have this show back!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All I can say is, I nominate Sally to do the rewrite of Killing Eve s4.

What a fun episode! So jam-packed with life.
I’ve seen a few comments about the rapid pacing but they’re missing the point - Anne was a whirlwind, especially around those honeymoon months. This is exactly who she was and the breakneck speed of it all is such a perfect way to experience her as anyone in her immediate circle would’ve done: exhausting, exciting, unpredictable, invigorating.

Love the gentle punch on the chin to Marian. Love the hunger and desire in York. Love her split narrative between her official feelings for Ann and how her decorum splits wide open when she gets the letter.

Hugely happy with this so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 09:07
I think the premiere was over 5mil. So yeah, a big decline. But I'm sure it will go up for episode 2 now that more people know it's back.
I think Suranne and her shows are very popular in UK, right?
I think it's unlikely because usually ratings for shows go down after the premiere, but I really hope you're right. And I guess we need info on other shows as well to compare and give us context. Maybe people are just watching less BBC overall, with some exceptions here and there (I know Vigil was a huge hit and Call The Midwife always do well). Waiting three years between seasons is also a really bad idea. Even without Covid it would've been two years. People forget.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 13:06
Episode two promo pictures: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/g ... allery.htm

:wub:

Holy shit well I’ll be on my way to my bunk if anyone needs me good night oh my god

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One of my favourite scenes of episode 1 :$
Everything was so perfect!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The best pics of Suranne as Anne Lister! :$ Sexy!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 06:55
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 09:42
Why did they have Mariana doing the thing at the last shot? I was :blinkwide:
What thing
DA
:rage:
X

:intenseles:

Dizz
Veteran
Reactions: 243

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 12:48
Guest wrote:
I think the premiere was over 5mil. So yeah, a big decline. But I'm sure it will go up for episode 2 now that more people know it's back.
I think it's unlikely because usually ratings for shows go down after the premiere, but I really hope you're right. And I guess we need info on other shows as well to compare and give us context. Maybe people are just watching less BBC overall, with some exceptions here and there (I know Vigil was a huge hit and Call The Midwife always do well). Waiting three years between seasons is also a really bad idea. Even without Covid it would've been two years. People forget.
I think we need to focus on the 20% audience share rather than the number of actual viewers. It is Easter holidays in the UK, very few travel restrictions so lots of people have gone away therefore reducing the number of people watching live.
:mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I think we need to focus on the 20% audience share rather than the number of actual viewers. It is Easter holidays in the UK, very few travel restrictions so lots of people have gone away therefore reducing the number of people watching live.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:50
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is that a good share?

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:39
Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 06:55
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 09:42
Why did they have Mariana doing the thing at the last shot? I was :blinkwide:
What thing
DA
:rage:
X

:intenseles:
Shits and giggles no doubt, showing Mariana suffering warms my heart.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:blinkwide:

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:55
Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:50
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is that a good share?
Not bad for live TV and remember much of the viewership for drama's comes from iPlayer views which we will hear about later on

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

‘I’m shaking after that episode’: Gentleman Jack fans react to Suranne Jones in season two of BBC drama

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 0.html?amp

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:28
The best pics of Suranne as Anne Lister! :$ Sexy!
They look so good in their climbing outfits. :wub: Their usual styles are a crime against humanity. Why did 1830s fashion have to be so fugly???? :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New season slaps. I cant wait to see what happens! I'm glad the show and our Anne is back :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 13:06
Episode two promo pictures: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/g ... allery.htm

:wub:
Awwww their so cute! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 16:45
New season slaps. I cant wait to see what happens! I'm glad the show and our Anne is back :wub:
slaps? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 16:19
"Roll on series 3"

Can we hopeful? It's too early. Isn't it? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Little details like these makes watching this show so much fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Episode two promo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 18:58
Little details like these makes watching this show so much fun.

That was really funny.

Real Anne's diaries are actually quite amusing to read. She has a very distinct voice and she's sometimes downright funny because of how she describes/narrates things.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

O/T ish

Arrive at my folks. Asked my dad current score in football but he’s forgotten it’s on. Grab his tablet and it falls open to IPlayer and GJ.

Me - you watch GJ?
My mum - what? no your dad says I wouldn’t like it, it’s full of filth
Me - well he’s watching it on his tablet
My dad - :$
My mum - :rage:
Me - =_=

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 20:36
O/T ish

Arrive at my folks. Asked my dad current score in football but he’s forgotten it’s on. Grab his tablet and it falls open to IPlayer and GJ.

Me - you watch GJ?
Me - =_=
:lol: :lol:

soccergrl
Reactions: 1

Post by soccergrl »

Guest wrote:
O/T ish

Me - you watch GJ?
Me - =_=
This is hilarious and totally something my dad would do too!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
O/T ish

Me - you watch GJ?
Me - =_=
Whoops. :rofl:

On Topic: I just read that Charlotte and Anne had their conversation on the 3rd of April - Anne Listers' birthday, was this mentioned in the ep and I missed it? :blinkwide: If so I blame Anne's gold coloured waistcoat. :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:25
Aww she really like Suranne. :wub: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 17:03
Guest wrote:
DA my niece used this the other day to describe a song. No clue. I just felt old :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA my niece used this the other day to describe a song. No clue. I just felt old :lol:
I thought it was an auto correct error. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:39
Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I thought it was an auto correct error. :lol:
DA but this is the best exchange ever, so pure :lol:

“This slaps!”
“What is slaps?”
“I don’t know!!”

So cute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Random Marian screenshot from episode 1 that made me laugh.

I am laughing in nice way, I love Marian as a character. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^She just needs some holly on her head and she’d be the spit of a figgy pudding…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 22:08
^^She just needs some holly on her head and she’d be the spit of a figgy pudding…
:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lister13 wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 23:03
Here's a clip for Ep 2! :..blinkwide: :nervous:

Yes indeed, who is Mariana lawton? :rofl:

Lister13
Reactions:

Post by Lister13 »

Ep 2 clip..:nervous: :blinkwide:

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

God, they are so pretty. :wub:

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 23:05
Lister13 wrote:

L Chats most hated

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 05:47
Guest wrote:
Lister13 wrote:

L Chats most hated
I think this thread is going to be on fire after Christmas episode. :lol: I hate her but that one anon despises her so much, she is going to get an aneurysm. :lol:

I'm thinking if I should watch that episode at all. :lol: Based on what Suranne said at BFI, it's entirely just about Mariana and her relationship with Anne.

Dizz
Veteran

Post by Dizz »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 06:27
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lister13 wrote:

L Chats most hated
I think this thread is going to be on fire after Christmas episode. :lol: I hate her but that one anon despises her so much, she is going to get an aneurysm. :lol:

I'm thinking if I should watch that episode at all. :lol: Based on what Suranne said at BFI, it's entirely just about Mariana and her relationship with Anne.
Based on what I have read, yep the thread will be interesting after that episode.

I for one am looking forward to it, the connection between Anne and she who will not be named was clear in the diaries - the relationship had a huge impact on Anne.

I am not surprised Sally has included the things we know happened to add some angst into the mix

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dizz wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 08:43
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lister13 wrote:

L Chats most hated

Based on what I have read, yep the thread will be interesting after that episode.

I for one am looking forward to it, the connection between Anne and she who will not be named was clear in the diaries - the relationship had a huge impact on Anne.

I am not surprised Sally has included the things we know happened to add some angst into the mix
I just hope they are not going to drag it out, I hate cheating.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 09:55
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:

L Chats most hated

x2 I know it's true to the story but I don't need it to take over every episode. I hope we have many cute moments with Ann(e)s before this episode at Christmas.

Petra
Reactions: 3

Post by Petra »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 10:09
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:

L Chats most hated

x2 I know it's true to the story but I don't need it to take over every episode. I hope we have many cute moments with Ann(e)s before this episode at Christmas.
Hope a happy ending for A + A. No more Killing Eve, please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 10:09
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dizz wrote:

L Chats most hated

As far as I know episode 4 is Christmas. IF they follow the diaries entirely I believe that's the last time Anne was with Mariana, so it should be over soon hopefully.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »