Clexacon (LGBTQ women media convention)

Reactions:

Re: Clexacon (LGBTQ women media convention)

Post by Guest »

These guest announcements are so lame :lol: :fool:

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 04:37
Amy probably ate a decent amount of their money pool. I'd love to know how they're doing $$$ since the pandemic probably put most cons into the deep red.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 05:02
Guest wrote:
Amy probably ate a decent amount of their money pool. I'd love to know how they're doing $$$ since the pandemic probably put most cons into the deep red.
Imagine spending money on the tranners when they will not help the bottom line, especially when you are struggling financially. You would think you would lay of the virtue signalling and get guest that would get people to part with their money. The likes ratio for the FtMs and female guest is laughable.

But yeah Amy and the girls from Bounty Hunters are the only ones I recognise and I don't even like that show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:sadangel:
Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 22:55
Guest wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 22:02
:eyeroll:

are they getting anyone we actually care about and/or from a show that's not canceled?
I thought it was Nico and Karolina who were the couple on Runaways and the actress hated each other. Who is this woman?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dance2:
Guest wrote:
X2 at least that terrible poly bisexual woman and her girlfriend arent there again. Would go to the opening of an envelope.

Tyrtt
Reactions:

Post by Tyrtt »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 05:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

are they getting anyone we actually care about and/or from a show that's not canceled?
I thought it was Nico and Karolina who were the couple on Runaways and the actress hated each other. Who is this woman?
Wait, what? The hated each other?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tyrtt wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 07:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wasnt there a fight over some guy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 07:34
Tyrtt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That was ages ago and probably made more dramatic on twitter than it really was.
Also pretty sure they all were together at the last Clexacon pre COVID.
With Clarissas invite I would assume the other two will follow too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 08:38
Guest wrote:
Tyrtt wrote:
Guest wrote:

That was ages ago and probably made more dramatic on twitter than it really was.
True they both did CC 2019. As for them showing up...guess it depends on how much they paid Amy Acker and the pointless transmen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 08:38
Guest wrote:
Tyrtt wrote:
Guest wrote:

They haven't left themselves much time to announce decent guest or to sell tickets. Why are they doing this so close?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 00:34
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 19:34
The first virtual guests have been announced. Amy Acker and Lesley Ann Brandt.
Ohhh.

And yeaaah QFX is burning to a crisp. I wonder if more guests are going to drop.
Cancelled to next year apparently.

I don't have sympathy for them because they used weaponized accusation of phobias and isms against Clexacon BUT I still hate that lesbians, queer women or whatever these people are calling themselves this week are willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. They are so willing to tear things down to appear more woke. Also, dislike that a accusation = guilt in the current media landscape. Those were following those "racism" accusations could see that they were a unprofessional kid throwing a tantrum. But that is enough to create such a bad reputation to sink an event. As much as this is karma for QFX I find it scary though

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

All they can afford?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She played a shapeshifting alien in love/obsessed with Karolina because of some prophecy that they were meant to be together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 13:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She played a shapeshifting alien in love/obsessed with Karolina because of some prophecy that they were meant to be together.
:rofl: Seems like your typical teen drama plot.

I wonder about these nobody randoms...do they contact Clexacon and volunteer to be a guest. Because I can imagine if I was a Clexacon organiser I would be going down the list of people I wanted at the con and not sure how they would get on the list. Or maybe I guess I'm not part of the creative "queer community" and just a boring lesbian living my own life and thinking about which guest would get people to part with their cash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 00:34
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 19:34
The first virtual guests have been announced. Amy Acker and Lesley Ann Brandt.
Ohhh.

And yeaaah QFX is burning to a crisp. I wonder if more guests are going to drop.
What happened to them? Did they cancel their con again?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder about these nobody randoms.
At these kind of conventions, the best you can expect are actresses from teen drama shows from the CW and Netflix, indie filmmakers, famous streamers/video podcasters, and fandom content creators, like podcasters and freelance writers. These conventions are not going to draw the likes of KStew, Mackenzie Davis, Rachel Weisz, Vanessa Kirby, etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 14:23
At these kind of conventions, the best you can expect are actresses from teen drama shows from the CW and Netflix, indie filmmakers, famous streamers/video podcasters, and fandom content creators, like podcasters and freelance writers. These conventions are not going to draw the likes of KStew, Mackenzie Davis, Rachel Weisz, Vanessa Kirby, etc.
Nobody is expecting that but in previous years they have had actress from popular shows like Sarah Shahi etc. Popular TV actress is what people go to these cons for. There is a difference between them and random transman nobody has heard of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
As much as we bitch about the liked of Wynonna Earp they have crazy fans willing to spend money. Those fan girls from the CW, Freeform shows have always been the cons bread and butter. If they can't even cater to the shippers what is left for them?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 14:39
Guest wrote:
As much as we bitch about the liked of Wynonna Earp they have crazy fans willing to spend money. Those fan girls from the CW, Freeform shows have always been the cons bread and butter. If they can't even cater to the shippers what is left for them?

Lol what 50 likes - Also what the fuck is "transmasculine". Is that wants to be a trannie but can't be arse with the sex change?

Even worse 30 likes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I would be interested in panels with:
Venessa Kirby and Katherine Waterstone (the world to come)
The L word people
Caity and Jes (legends of tomorrow)

But I guess the only once I can hope for is the last.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 16:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lol what 50 likes - Also what the fuck is "transmasculine". Is that wants to be a trannie but can't be arse with the sex change?

Even worse 30 likes.

Didn't this ClexaCon thing largely originate on the L Chat as a way to promote lesbian and bisexual visibility? What the fuck are they doing being haindmaidens for the tranny agenda?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 17:07
The L word people

First one is a snowballs chance in hell. Leisha, Kate and Sarah were due to appear in 2020 before covid hit so maybe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 17:22
Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 16:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Even worse 30 likes.

Didn't this ClexaCon thing largely originate on the L Chat as a way to promote lesbian and bisexual visibility? What the fuck are they doing being haindmaidens for the tranny agenda?
Only the first year was about lesbians, after that they got harassed by queer types to include trans. Also, think they are getting desperate for guest do are willing to take more tranners.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 17:07
The L word people

When it's back to normal I would like to see:
Legends ladies
Amalia and Taylor from MFS
Girls from The Wilds - Mia and Erana..maybe Shannon.
Maybe some people from Batwoman too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Not really. One of the founders visited sometimes in the beginning but was always a “queer” friendly type.
The lgbtfansdeservebetter thing originated here and collaborated I think a bit with Clexacon in the beginning, but they were never in charge.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 18:28
Guest wrote:
Not really. One of the founders visited sometimes in the beginning but was always a “queer” friendly type.
The lgbtfansdeservebetter thing originated here and collaborated I think a bit with Clexacon in the beginning, but they were never in charge.
The deservesbetter stuff has died off a bit but to be fair content has picked up a fair bit and I can't recall the last dead lesbian post Clexa. I think it was always marketed as inclusive but trans guest weren't really front and centre until now because of how crazy the TRA screamed in 2019. Before 2019 trans stuff was mostly minor side panels and not featured guests. Hopefully it's a blip and the two transmen will be drowned out by the women they are yet to announce.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so... even more people no one cares about. I'll be surprised if they don't get anyone from the wilds or CW shows or MFS now that they wrapped filming season 2. it's literally where the money is at right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:46
so... even more people no one cares about. I'll be surprised if they don't get anyone from the wilds or CW shows or MFS now that they wrapped filming season 2. it's literally where the money is at right now.
Cons like this will always be dependant on confirmed guests being the encouragement needed to confirm guests. They won't land anyone big until they've landed someone big to give it legitimacy. It's catch 22 of course. But that's what it is.

One of the first questions asked of them when they try to sell it to a big name will be who else is going, and if they can't say anyone decent, then it reflects poorly.

AA is in because she just hasn't dropped away yet, not because she got the invite and thought eh fuck it I might as well because I've got nothing else to do.

The first con worked because big guests will have jumped at it for the subject matter being a flavor of the month topic and because it being new will have meant guests were happier to commit with just info on who else was being approached, but they will have said yes with every intention of cancelling if nobody else good transpired.

They're going to struggle even more so now cons have gone ahead with fewer good guests, it just doesn't look as big time anymore and that in itself will be making anyone big they do approach think nah.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol cc not getting big names maybe they should focus on tried and tested guests instead of trying hard to diversify? are there still carmilla fans? heard nat vanlis is having trouble paying rent maybe cc can overlook the comments she made about them earlier

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 03:30
lol cc not getting big names maybe they should focus on tried and tested guests instead of trying hard to diversify? are there still carmilla fans? heard nat vanlis is having trouble paying rent maybe cc can overlook the comments she made about them earlier
Maybe.

People from the Wilds/MFS are hardly "Big" names but they are people the fans would be interested in. I can't imagine it would cost CC that much to convince them to part with a hour or so to talk online.

For people like Caity, Chyler etc.. they already have a preexisting relationship they can use to get them onboard. They had the L Chat cast coming to cancelled 2020 con.

The line up for a low over head virtual con is one thing but if this was the line up for a physical con they would lose lots of money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:46
All those shows are still out of the country filming but since its virtual shouldn't be a big deal. If they are planning on doing a physical con later in the year they should be working on getting them to go to that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe they are trying to move away from the crazy shipper con image towards actual "queer" creators.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 03:30
Lol so she is but nah she should be forced to stick to her principles, too many white vaginas at this event so she can't come. Also, arent people fed up of her now?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 04:11

Maybe they are trying to move away from the crazy shipper con image towards actual "queer" creators.
then let’s hope they survive off of that cause im sure that not what’s going to bring in the money. also i know this isn’t what you mean but what is so wrong about having a con just cater to wlw ships and nothing else, like you’re supposed to have fun in these things if you want to get educated then attend a gender equality class or some shit these cons are supposed to be about celebrity-fan interactions

DykeMirai
Reactions: 18

Post by DykeMirai »

How many more years before this con dies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 04:52
Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 04:11

then let’s hope they survive off of that cause im sure that not what’s going to bring in the money. also i know this isn’t what you mean but what is so wrong about having a con just cater to wlw ships and nothing else, like you’re supposed to have fun in these things if you want to get educated then attend a gender equality class or some shit these cons are supposed to be about celebrity-fan interactions
You trying to suggest that us queer floxes are more likely to spend money to scream like crazies and ask Mia Healey inappropriate questions than to listen to a queer sista talk about intersectionality and cis misogyny in their movie. Surely not!!!

But seriously, You are right, I'm all for a cons for having fun. Thats what we need after 2020 not more nagging about how bigoted we are and how the world is shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:fingcross:
DykeMirai wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 05:09
Take a base 5 years and knock off 6 months for every tranny take appears.

Actually, who knows. They could bounce back with a great line up later in the year. I think there is spent up demand for people to get out there and have fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DykeMirai wrote:
:rofl: well QFX is dead without ever having a in person con. I think CC will cancel their in person con for 2021 and then announce they have folded in late 2022 after radio silence all spring/summer 2022.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DykeMirai wrote:
should have died a long time ago.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 05:37
DykeMirai wrote:
should have died a long time ago.
Um why? If people enjoy it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Covid and pandering to TRAs and kweers will kill this con

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I read on twittter that Qfx is in another mess today. They (a staff member) are accused they outed someone (a former staff member) to her family. Someone who has a pinned picture about her girlfriend as pinned tweet (outing???). I don't know , seems shady af. So much drama and unprofessionalism. What professionell actress wants to take part in this mess?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 06:43
I read on twittter that Qfx is in another mess today. They (a staff member) are accused they outed someone (a former staff member) to her family. Someone who has a pinned picture about her girlfriend as pinned tweet (outing???). I don't know , seems shady af. So much drama and unprofessionalism. What professionell actress wants to take part in this mess?
lmao? what a mess they all deserve each other i guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Why are they all like this. These queers are mental. I wish it was just run by regular conventions people not woke idiots like QFX who are always trying to fuck each other over.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Was she a basic white lesbian who wanted to fuck over the organisation but couldn't find an -ism or -phobia to accuse them of?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No, before the outing accusations , she accused them of racism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 09:27
No, before the outing accusations , she accused them of racism.
Wait is it the same unhinged bint?. Last time I checked she was after "compensation" aka money. Lol.

Also, what is Clexacon attendee obsession with displaying as MallCop. It's always MallCop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone refresh my memory on the clexacon / Qfx thing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 09:41
Someone refresh my memory on the clexacon / Qfx thing?
One of the Clexacon's founders were ousted from the organization by other partners because they had different vision which direction con should evolve. Said ousted partner then partnered with other people to organize 'more inclusive' queer event QFX. QFX was clearly designed to be replacement for ClexaCon as it was planned to close to same date with ClexaCon and they made exclusive contracts with some guest so that they would only go to QFX. And they also used in their marketing complaints against ClexaCon, how it was too shipping con and not inclusive enough towards PoC and trans.

Last spring it looked that both cons could be relatively successful, but then come covid, which forced both cons become digital and now it looks that QFX will die because of poor team spirit.