Stranger Things (Netflix)

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 18

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Post by GUEST_USER »

Best serie i have seen in a while on Netflix!

Anyone else like it?

Originally posted on 2016-07-21 00:10:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This season looks great

https://youtu.be/XcnHOQ-cHa0

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is season 3 good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And the new girl Robin is a lesbian. Had no idea she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daighter.

Nice season. I mostly enjoyed it. Not as good as S1, but better than S2 imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:And the new girl Robin is a lesbian. Had no idea she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter.

*fixed typo

Surprised I haven't seen it everywhere yet. I got gay af vibes from her the entire time, but didn't expect it to actually happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Is season 3 good?
Nope!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:And the new girl Robin is a lesbian. Had no idea she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daighter.

Really? I thought she was by far the best thing about the first episode and that was before I knew (and in spite of her being on screen for like 2 minutes).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm on ep six and she's in love with Steve, you baited me anon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm on ep six and she's in love with Steve, you baited me anon
Oh shit nvm

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm on ep six and she's in love with Steve, you baited me anon
Weird flex of that anon if true...also i find Steve works better as the asexual mom of the kids.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol anon, I thought they were going there, too. It's episode seven fyi. They really baited her and Steve and then threw that curve ball.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bullshit on them trying to make the audience sympathetic towards piece of shit billy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Classic bait and switch

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the show is so overrated but i'm still gonna watch season 3 sighhhhhhh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It was really not, you peps just jumped the gun for some insane reason.
The only gay person in Stranger Things is gonna be the kid that got kidnapped, they pretty much were throwing hints about it since the first season.
Also, it not gonna be anything big, they aren't gonna give him a bf or anything, its gonna be some kind of empty nod or something meaningless like that.
This show is probably the most het show to ever be put on air.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:It was really not, you peps just jumped the gun for some insane reason.
The only gay person in Stranger Things is gonna be the kid that got kidnapped, they pretty much were throwing hints about it since the first season.
Also, it not gonna be anything big, they aren't gonna give him a bf or anything, its gonna be some kind of empty nod or something meaningless like that.
So is she or not? tf is with everyone here being so vague. ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It was really not, you peps just jumped the gun for some insane reason.
So is she or not? tf is with everyone here being so vague. ^o)
Ok, episode six there is a hint she had a crush on Steve when they had a class together and that she was "obsessed." Next episode she says she was obsessed because this girl named Tammy always looked at him adoringly and she couldn't understand why she would because she thought Steve was douche, etc. She would go home and cry about it, yada, yada because she wanted Tammy to look at her that way. That's why she was "obsessed" in that class.

I can't find a video, but here's a gifset.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...oryline-1222560

They're acting like they just changed history when they won't even use the word lesbian and of course she doesn't get to kiss anyone. It's a tiny crumb.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...oryline-1222560

They're acting like they just changed history when they won't even use the word lesbian and of course she doesn't get to kiss anyone. It's a tiny crumb.
Meanwhile we all get to be uncomfortable in the first episode watching literal children make out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Robin actually had a decent part in the season and played an important role. I hope she's back for what is probably the final season. Maya seems to think she will be.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So there's hints she's a lesbian but she doesn't actually say it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thats obviously because lesbianism and gayness didn't exist in the 80s...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Robin actually had a decent part in the season and played an important role. I hope she's back for what is probably the final season. Maya seems to think she will be.
Its so weird they are going for 4 seasons instead of 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So there's hints she's a lesbian but she doesn't actually say it?
Well, it's 1985.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Robin actually had a decent part in the season and played an important role. I hope she's back for what is probably the final season. Maya seems to think she will be.
Its so weird they are going for 4 seasons instead of 5.
Just guessing. I remember the Duffer Brothers saying they had like a four year plan, but that it could go a bit longer, but they seemed really adamant about not stretching the show too much. But money talks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Straights are mad they got baited lmao Welcome to our world. Only you have about 8374874 straight characters to choose from. Yawn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So there's hints she's a lesbian but she doesn't actually say it?
Not hints. It's made clear. But the word isn't said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Straights are mad they got baited lmao Welcome to our world. Only you have about 8374874 straight characters to choose from. Yawn.
I suppose it's annoying for both sides. When a lesbian character is constantly having scenes with a dude, she'll undoubtedly be shipped with him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Straights are mad they got baited lmao Welcome to our world. Only you have about 8374874 straight characters to choose from. Yawn.
I suppose it's annoying for both sides. When a lesbian character is constantly having scenes with a dude, she'll undoubtedly be shipped with him.
They always get literally everything, so no its not the same for 'both sides'.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They always get literally everything, so no its not the same for 'both sides'.
Do you wanna point out where did I say it's the same?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Meanwhile we all get to be uncomfortable in the first episode watching literal children make out.
x2 lmfaoooo I skipped it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

OMG. It was so uncomfortable and MIke is giant disrespectful little douche on top of it. Why oh Why couldn't he die. :wall:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I swear Finn Wolfhard's acting gets worse every season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I swear Finn Wolfhard's acting gets worse every season.
He was more annoying than usual this season. Also, feels like Will barely had much of anything to do this season. Way too much Billy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yep. Plus, his character is annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
He was more annoying than usual this season. Also, feels like Will barely had much of anything to do this season. Way too much Billy.
Not enough Will? He's literally the only boy who can act. And too much Bill? Ugh. This season sounds like crap.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Not enough Will? He's literally the only boy who can act. And too much Bill? Ugh. This season sounds like crap.
I actually did like this season. It was better than S2 imo. Another complaint is I wish they knew what to do with Nancy. You could remove her from the show and nothing would change.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Yeah that was fucking gross. Unfortunately both those two kids have lost their cute factor and are growing up to be less than attractive. Or maybe it's just the gross factor and the awful hair combining to make me barf when I see the two of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA: :lol: I didn't even remember Bill because the character was just not interesting to me. I had to google who the fuck he was :lol: Anyway it is not like he talks a lot in the 3rd season. Overall, I liked season 3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They could've waited after S1 and just combined elements from S2/3 imo. Also, I get that it's set in the 80s, but the Russian villains thing just makes me roll my eyes and I think the mystery of the Upside Down is better left as just that, a mystery.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah that was fucking gross. Unfortunately both those two kids have lost their cute factor and are growing up to be less than attractive. Or maybe it's just the gross factor and the awful hair combining to make me barf when I see the two of them.
X22222
I am a Stranger Things fan and I've been visiting forums on the internet. I'm surprised how not many others are talking about this? Max and Eleven kissed when they were like 12? I found that so weird and unnecessary. They are damn kids, they can have "chemistry" because they are friends. It doesn't have to be romantic, especially when the actors are this young too.

Also it's pretty obvious the show is written by men, because all of the female characters except Eleven suck. I cringed in season 2 with Nancy's development. It reminded me of that fantasy men have for a woman to be the perfect maid, but at the same time throw a random skill for her (the knowing how to shoot a gun part) so she gets some cool points too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Robin. I liked her from her first appearance and before I knew she was into bad singer Tammy. Now if she could have scenes with other girls, that would be nice.

El and Max have more chemistry together than whatever is happening with the bf of them. They should be the couple.

Joyce is still the #1 mom.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most of the characters are annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:They could've waited after S1 and just combined elements from S2/3 imo. Also, I get that it's set in the 80s, but the Russian villains thing just makes me roll my eyes and I think the mystery of the Upside Down is better left as just that, a mystery.
Yeah, but they are not guaranteed seasons so they focused on what they wanted for each season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think we'll get anything gay with Robin. It really seems her character is there to be paired with Steve. They realized they needed more females for the cast, so they added her and Max. Surprise though both of them have to get paired.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I don't think we'll get anything gay with Robin. It really seems her character is there to be paired with Steve. They realized they needed more females for the cast, so they added her and Max. Surprise though both of them have to get paired.
Nah, she is gay but her storyline is about being part of Steve and Dustin adventures with the russians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's ridiculous concern trolling. Robin is gay. Her coming out made it clear that she was turning Steve down because she's not interested in boys that way. The actress said in an interview that Robin is gay:

She's not going to suddenly turn bi and start dating Steve. No, the Duffer Brothers straight-baited the audience while giving Steve a new age-appropriate BFF and wingwoman, and it's great.

I thought this season was the best yet, tbh. Loved the friendship between Elle and Max, too. Loved Nancy realizing how hard life is as a woman and how she'd have to fight to succeed. I think the female characters on this show kick ass.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:That's ridiculous concern trolling. Robin is gay. Her coming out made it clear that she was turning Steve down because she's not interested in boys that way. The actress said in an interview that Robin is gay:

She's not going to suddenly turn bi and start dating Steve. No, the Duffer Brothers straight-baited the audience while giving Steve a new age-appropriate BFF and wingwoman, and it's great.

I thought this season was the best yet, tbh. Loved the friendship between Elle and Max, too. Loved Nancy realizing how hard life is as a woman and how she'd have to fight to succeed. I think the female characters on this show kick ass.
I wasn't trolling. I haven't watched season 3 properly. And it's obvious they had a long ass conversation about their female characters from the past two seasons and realized they needed to change direction and get more in touch with their female audience as well. That's why they took an extra year to write this.
Nancy still sucks ass though.