Stranger Things (Netflix)

Reactions:

Re: Stranger Things (Netflix)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 17:28
Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:11
According to David Harbour, S5 starts filming next year.
Next year? So season 5 isn’t coming out for another 2 years I’m guessing. 2024 if we’re lucky.
Sounds like they plan on making S5 normal length (S1-3 run times) and COVID protocols are less strict now. I think most likely sometime in 2024 is about right. Before S3-4 gap, the wait was usually around a year and a half give or take.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another thing I wanted to add is the Duffers said everything for S5 has been mapped out and is a go with Netflix. So sounds like they just need to write the episodes still. I'm hopeful we won't have to wait as long this time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I hope they take in consideration all the love for Robin and Nancy and give us more development in S5, even if it’s just as friends

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I totally want these supersized episodes again. Finally a show that uses the streaming platform the right way instead of just making the episodes shorter and shorter (like other people). :fingcross: It also gives it this cinematic feel. And if it's the last then let's go out with a bang. And with a cast this size you need it to give the characters some screentime. And this way we practically get two seasons in one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really enjoyed the longer episodes as well. It was like watching a couple of movies each night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:39
I hope they take in consideration all the love for Robin and Nancy and give us more development in S5, even if it’s just as friends
I think they will. I don’t think they added the whole “we’re officially friends” scene for nothing. I’m sure the show got lots of positive feedback from fans watching their easy chemistry and ability to investigate and solve problems together so it’s more than likely we’ll get more of them (hopefully.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 22:56
I totally want these supersized episodes again. Finally a show that uses the streaming platform the right way instead of just making the episodes shorter and shorter (like other people). :fingcross: It also gives it this cinematic feel. And if it's the last then let's go out with a bang. And with a cast this size you need it to give the characters some screentime. And this way we practically get two seasons in one.
Yes! I actually read an article where the writer was complaining about the episodes lenght 🙄 How else are they going to wrap up the story arc for so many characters. Unless Neflix/Duffer’s add more episode for season 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've also had no problem with the episode lengths this season and it feels warranted and not just padded extra time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think S2 is the weakest. Not a lot of compelling stuff happens that season imo. I really only like Max and babysitter Steve. You can certainly tell because they planned on this being an anthology series at first, but decided to bring back the og cast because everyone loved them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think they mention in a recent video interview that the script was almost an extra 20 pages per episode and they just coudn't cut down the content because that's how they felt during editing. So I think as long as they have this many characters and a lot of story to tell I think they might stick to the long episodes. Season 5 is when we explore the lore of the UD, so no explicit answers in vol 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah I also hope they keep the longer episodes. I enjoyed it—I loved how I could be watching an episode a while and realize there was still 30 or 40 minutes left, which made me excited. I think having the three narratives was part of the longer eps this season but I could see them doing something in the middle next year—not as long as S4’s average but longer than the S1-3 average. And hopefully the series finale is supersized.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think that the position in the poster shows who is going to die ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 04:08
Could be. I think a lot of people are creating theories on that. Max is in the centre so I hope that means she’s too important to die. It could be anyone at this point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 04:08
Someone mentioned that Steve has no light on on his bike.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

https://www.culturedmag.com/article/202 ... -her-voice
Sadie isn't wrong.
SS: I feel like before you joined, all comedic relief was centered around the male characters. Then you completely shook that up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Robin's character is so annoying and superfluous this season. Max and nancy outsold as both fun and kick as characters. I wouldn't mind her and eddie dying. Emotional impact without losing critical characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't care if Max, Robin or El die as long Nancy is alive and well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If any of the mains die, I hope its any of the male characters :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm good as long as they don't kill Robin. To kill the ONLY lesbian (despite what kind of show it is) would just be too much imo. There are so many other options that would be a blow to the group(s), that won't result in them going there. Steve, Jonathan, Joyce, Mike etc. Some of them would make me sad, but not any dealbreakers

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I dunno if it’s been mentioned yet but the Duffers confirmed that there will be 5 deaths at the end of this season. I’ve seen people say it’s gunna be 4 secondary characters (ex. Murray, Enzo..) and 1 main character. I keep having a hunch that it’s gunna be Mike. I dunno but I hope it’s one of the male characters since there’s so many. They also said that the ending won’t be a happy one. Sounds like the infinity war before we get to the end game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 20:19
I dunno if it’s been mentioned yet but the Duffers confirmed that there will be 5 deaths at the end of this season. I’ve seen people say it’s gunna be 4 secondary characters (ex. Murray, Enzo..) and 1 main character. I keep having a hunch that it’s gunna be Mike. I dunno but I hope it’s one of the male characters since there’s so many. They also said that the ending won’t be a happy one. Sounds like the infinity war before we get to the end game.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only reason for the show to end is for the only reason why it started that is the one who has to die. I say el is that reason she’s been the the main one above all else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 21:02
The only reason for the show to end is for the only reason why it started that is the one who has to die. I say el is that reason she’s been the the main one above all else.
She will die but in the last episode of the series.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 20:40
Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 20:19

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 21:57
Guest wrote:
You think eleven will die at the end of s5? I was thinking they would go with the E.T. ending lol. You know, like they wont kill her but she can’t live a normal life here. And if she’s the only one able to control the upside down then she’ll have to stay there forever and the gates will be permanently close. Or something like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If they kill Robin people are gonna rampage. We've had enough of this bury your gays bullshit (and it would be the perfect BYG scenario, with her finally finding a potential love interest in Vickie, then killing her off).
Do you think the Duffer Brothers are ever going to really explore their queer story lines? The "Byler" fandom is huge and they all think that there's gonna be this grand love story between Will & Mike, and it's obvious that Will is gay - but do you think it will ever be talked about? With all the actors saying vague stuff about it, and now the potential of one, if not both queer characters in the show dying.
It's gonna be hilarious, I can't wait for the Twitter meltdown. I'm truly convinced that they are going to do it, regardless of the fans' wishes. We are going to be treated like shit, yet again. (And I'm talking about Robin here because I truly don't care about the gay boy lmao).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Mike´s speech will be his love declaration to keep El fighting my bets for the 5 deaths are.

Russian Team: Enzo, from the Cali team: Jonathan /Will (This will drive Joyce to feel gulty) and Argyle (Without Jonathan he has no reason to be), and from the Hawkings team: Robin (love her but I don´t think they know what to do with her) and Eddie (He won´t be able to clean his name, but I can see Nancy writing about those she lost in the battle and her cleaning Eddie´s name or at least try it).

I feel El will get stuck in the Upside Down.

There is supposed to be a huge time jump, a.k.a a way to make the characters be older, I can see the Kids in their last year of High School, Mike being an asshole about El being missing, Max dealing with the after mad of Vecna, Nancy and Steve probably married or closer to get married and maybe not even living in Hawkings they coming back when Vecna opens the portal again and this time the Mind Flyer coming out of the portal which cause El coming out of the Upside Down and mabe have her work with some of the other kids.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only reason why I think Robin is safe is because it would be a repeat of Barb’s dead in terms of what it means for Nancy to lost another friend and the Duffers are not that lazy but who knows. Wishfully thinking

Reactions:

Post by guest »

5 deaths ...mmmh.
Jason guy, Enzo, Eddie, Brenner and maybe Owens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They can’t kill their lesbian character that’s a big yikes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 02:25
They can’t kill their lesbian character that’s a big yikes
Straight writers don't care, most don't even know about the BYG trope.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 01:45
5 deaths ...mmmh.
God I hope so. But I just know they’re gunna wanna break hearts for fans and kill off a main so it’s talked about until season 5

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
5 deaths ...mmmh.
I couldn't care less :rofl:

乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ
Reactions: 2

Post by 乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ »

Had no idea till yesterday that there were ST novel. Yep. Robin has her own prequel novel for those interested.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 03:45
Had no idea till yesterday that there were ST novel. Yep. Robin has her own prequel novel for those interested.

I've read Rebel Robin. It was fine, a quick read and has a companion podcast that Maya Hawke voices. Keep in mind these books aren't canon to the show tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

乁༼☯‿☯✿༽ㄏ wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 03:45

Yeah but I heard Maya saying it’s not canon. There’s a podcast too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've read Rebel Robin. It was fine, a quick read and has a companion podcast that Maya Hawke voices. Keep in mind these books aren't canon to the show tho.
That sucks. Some readers might feel it would be a waste of time to check these out then. I guess it might be useful to fanfic writers in as a guide in their characterization of Robin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
5 deaths ...mmmh.
X2

Maybe we have to add one female character like Nancy or Robin (maybe Vickie?), but I think they live and El will be killed, only to come back in season 5. And maybe one of the parents will be killed like Karen :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I don't think Mrs. Whealer will die and the other parents are probably safe. Maybe they will kill Mr. Whealer. Is that 5 deths rumor even confirmed?

And added to the deaths will be Max possibly being in a coma. I doubt they will kill off Nancy. They really need to get rid of some of the dead weight and they have so many male side characters. They can lose some of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 22:51
Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 21:57
Guest wrote:
You think eleven will die at the end of s5? I was thinking they would go with the E.T. ending lol. You know, like they wont kill her but she can’t live a normal life here. And if she’s the only one able to control the upside down then she’ll have to stay there forever and the gates will be permanently close. Or something like that.
Da

I don't think they'll kill her off or trap her alone somewhere or something, it's just too cruel after everything she's been through and done for everyone, I think there would be uproar. And she is, after all, pretty much still just a kid.

I can kind of imagine, maybe, her having to stay in the Upside Down, but with a possibility of the others being able to safely move in and out of it or being able to interact or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

where is this "leaks'' about max ended the season in a coma come from ?
like how legit this is ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sadie Sink is so cute :wub:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 10:26
Sadie Sink is so cute :wub:
:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’ll be shocked if it’s not Mike biting the big one. It makes the most sense for him to die with him having a connection to everyone so it’ll be the most heartbreaking, especially for El and Will who are the main protagonists. Like come on, they’re hyping up this painting reveal and we know it’s gunna be something to do with Mike and Will’s love for him and El for sure is gunna lose someone she loves dearly as a punishment from Vecna. Why else would we have the whole Mike not being able to tell El he loves her storyline if it’s not gunna be used later? I can see Mike being the “super hero” instead of El and maybe sacrifice himself for her so it’s him saving her for once as he finally tells her he loves her. Also, it could be why Karen Wheeler has her own poster this season since she’s Mikes mom and might be involved somehow in his death. I guess we’ll see in a couple of days if I’m right lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 14:01
I’ll be shocked if it’s not Mike biting the big one. It makes the most sense for him to die with him having a connection to everyone so it’ll be the most heartbreaking, especially for El and Will who are the main protagonists. Like come on, they’re hyping up this painting reveal and we know it’s gunna be something to do with Mike and Will’s love for him and El for sure is gunna lose someone she loves dearly as a punishment from Vecna. Why else would we have the whole Mike not being able to tell El he loves her storyline if it’s not gunna be used later? I can see Mike being the “super hero” instead of El and maybe sacrifice himself for her so it’s him saving her for once as he finally tells her he loves her. Also, it could be why Karen Wheeler has her own poster this season since she’s Mikes mom and might be involved somehow in his death. I guess we’ll see in a couple of days if I’m right lol
I’m gonna be happy if it’s Mike, lol. He’s the most useless of them all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 14:12
Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 14:01
I’m gonna be happy if it’s Mike, lol. He’s the most useless of them all.
OP here. Same lol I could care less about Mike. I heard Finn is gunna be directing a movie or something so he probably wants out of the show. Also him not being in vol. 1 as much just proved that the characters work fine without him. I mean is Mike anyones favourite? Dustin for sure has the most fans out of the 4 guys. Maybe they didn’t give his character much to work with in vol 1 so he has a bigger storyline in the finale and he gets his send off.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If the death is for Mike. It will be devastating for El, Ms Wheeler, Will, Dustin and Lucas but also for Nancy. It will be interresting to see the impact on so many important characters. Especially if there will be a time jump in the next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 15:47
If the death is for Mike. It will be devastating for El, Ms Wheeler, Will, Dustin and Lucas but also for Nancy. It will be interresting to see the impact on so many important characters. Especially if there will be a time jump in the next season.
That’s what I’m saying! This would be a devastating loss in the Stranger things world and lots of characters would be affected. El and Will both have strong ties to him relationship and friendship wise so Mike could play a big role in fighting Vecna and the upside down in general. I have a small theory that since Will is still connected to the mind flyer in some way (gets chills in his neck) he might actually tap into some type of power he could be possessing and maybe the loss of Mike sets him off and he could either turn evil or be user to fight against Vecna. Since Noah spoiled that he’ll be using a harness in the finale I can see him playing a big role whether he’s a source of power in the fight or a villain.