Re: Zendaya

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:40
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:04
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 21:44
I had no idea how popular Euphoria is. Like it's insanity. I've seen tons of tweets with 100k likes in less than 24 hours.

Maybe it's my age, but I don't get why it's so popular.
Mostly Zendaya fans and some young teenagers who watch it. Me personally I don't find it very interesting the entire show is just them having sex , drinking and getting high then they repeat it again. I honestly feel like if Zendaya wasn't in it the show would have never been this popular.
It wouldn’t. And HBO/Sam Levinson know that. While some older audiences eventually got into…she brought over than Disney following that grew up watching her. And they are the majority, not only but the majority who religious watch. Which isn’t surprising since she was the only name when the show started. She is also an EP on the show now.

I don’t think it will be longer than 3 seasons though…just based on nature of the show. And word is many OG the actors are ready to branch out and do more
Actually, you're very wrong.
The audience is much larger than just Zendaya's fans.
The reasons why it's so popular is because it's a good fukin show.
Most of all the characters are nicely fleshed out, the story telling and cinematography is unique to the genre.
And it tackled a-lot of real, serious topics that actually happen in the world.
It's miles better than any teen show I've seen and this is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of Zendaya. I respect her but an't watching everything she's in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's no different than J Beals in L word.. the big names don't have to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Zendaya has a no nudity and no sex clause. So you all are never going to see much here or in any of her other movies unless she changes it later on her career. Maude Apatow also has no nudity clause.

She is also EP and essentially Sam’s fav so he won’t make her do anything she doesn’t want AND as EP, she knows she can veto it.

In regards to the intimacy coordinator Levinson said they use one because there is so much sex/nudity and many rules and lines that’s can’t be crossed and he rather not have to deal with it so they basically keep one on set at all times. I am no prude but I will admit half the time the sec and nudity on the show is over kill and doesn’t add to the scene or storyline and just there for shock value. Which can get old and has….

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 08:25
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I had no idea how popular Euphoria is. Like it's insanity. I've seen tons of tweets with 100k likes in less than 24 hours.

Mostly Zendaya fans and some young teenagers who watch it. Me personally I don't find it very interesting the entire show is just them having sex , drinking and getting high then they repeat it again. I honestly feel like if Zendaya wasn't in it the show would have never been this popular.
It wouldn’t. And HBO/Sam Levinson know that. While some older audiences eventually got into…she brought over than Disney following that grew up watching her. And they are the majority, not only but the majority who religious watch. Which isn’t surprising since she was the only name when the show started. She is also an EP on the show now.

I don’t think it will be longer than 3 seasons though…just based on nature of the show. And word is many OG the actors are ready to branch out and do more
Actually, you're very wrong.
The audience is much larger than just Zendaya's fans.
The reasons why it's so popular is because it's a good fukin show.
Most of all the characters are nicely fleshed out, the story telling and cinematography is unique to the genre.
And it tackled a-lot of real, serious topics that actually happen in the world.
It's miles better than any teen show I've seen and this is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of Zendaya. I respect her but an't watching everything she's in.
It’s a poorly written teen show with great cinematography. If not for the name of Zendaya and her ability to bring in her already baked in fans —who was/is the targeted demo —and be the biggest name on the cast currently is huge. Most people are honest to admit that. Also admitting that doesn’t make you some hater. Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Episode 2 was so boring. So much het shit.
Rue is annoying me because there's literally no progression in her character, she's just the same as season 1. Her and Jules are also boring, I could see a little chemistry last season but this season there's none. Don't know what happened. I wish they could just give her a cute gf who actually helps her and doesn't keep backing away or being weird around her like Jules.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 03:15
Rue is annoying me because there's literally no progression in her character, she's just the same as season 1. Her and Jules are also boring, I could see a little chemistry last season but this season there's none. Don't know what happened. I wish they could just give her a cute gf who actually helps her and doesn't keep backing away or being weird around her like Jules.
Agree about her character, it’s the same shit. Tbh rue’s my least fav character😝 don’t really see the “rules” chemistry either, wish they would explore the rue/Lexi storyline instead. The most interesting part in epi 2 was the maddy and Minka Kelly scene, felt like there was sexual tension there, curious to see if they’ll explore that👀

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have they made Rue asexual? Because that pisses me off if they have. :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 03:09
She's a cracksexual

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Since she hooked up with Jules earlier in the episode I’m gonna go no. I think Elliot just assumes that bc she’s not interested in him. He was talking a lot of BS lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 03:40
Guest wrote:
Since she hooked up with Jules earlier in the episode I’m gonna go no. I think Elliot just assumes that bc she’s not interested in him. He was talking a lot of BS lol
Jules admitted Rue isn't a very sexual person though which makes it sound like they're going the asexual route, but also fuck this Elliot dude for assuming stuff about Rue just because he can't get in her pants. I hate him already. At least it looks like he's gonna be hooking up with Jules now and not Rue. Leave Rue alone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 05:39
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 03:15
Agree about her character, it’s the same shit. Tbh rue’s my least fav character😝 don’t really see the “rules” chemistry either, wish they would explore the rue/Lexi storyline instead. The most interesting part in epi 2 was the maddy and Minka Kelly scene, felt like there was sexual tension there, curious to see if they’ll explore that👀
Sadly they are going the Lexi/Fezco route

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rue being nasty as hell to Ali and Gia... they're really going to push how sympathetic we are towards her this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 03:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Jules admitted Rue isn't a very sexual person though which makes it sound like they're going the asexual route, but also fuck this Elliot dude for assuming stuff about Rue just because he can't get in her pants. I hate him already. At least it looks like he's gonna be hooking up with Jules now and not Rue. Leave Rue alone.
I don’t think Rue is asexual just because she’s not a very sexual person. First of all she’s a drug addict who’s main priority is getting her next high, second she has severe mental health and anxiety issues, and third she doesn’t seem to be very confident when it comes to romance but that doesn’t make her asexual. There’s just an experience imbalance between her and Jules but also like…they are what 16 or 17. Definitely don’t think they are going an asexual route with Rue but unfortunately they seem to be definitely going a love triangle route with those 3 :eyeroll:

Only good news is if the spikes are true…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 05:01
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 03:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don’t think Rue is asexual just because she’s not a very sexual person. First of all she’s a drug addict who’s main priority is getting her next high, second she has severe mental health and anxiety issues, and third she doesn’t seem to be very confident when it comes to romance but that doesn’t make her asexual. There’s just an experience imbalance between her and Jules but also like…they are what 16 or 17. Definitely don’t think they are going an asexual route with Rue but unfortunately they seem to be definitely going a love triangle route with those 3 :eyeroll:

Only good news is if the spikes are true…
I don't think they're going the asexual route, I think Elliot was being manipulative. Rue isn't as sexual (maybe lower sex drive or sexually awkward or whatever) as Jules and I think he was hitting on that because now he's trying to get in Jules' pants -- very creeplike

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I found her acting so corny this past episode. Like when she was doing her dance and her riding her bike with her suitcase.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why were posts deleted ^o)
No one's shipping Rue and Jules we're just discussing what's happening on the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This girl is gay whether she realizes or not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 03:50
Rue or Zendaya?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Here's a list of all the cultural references in the intro with R & J if anyone is interested

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 03:35
I found her acting so corny this past episode. Like when she was doing her dance and her riding her bike with her suitcase.
Easily the most overrated actress in the business right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saw this on tumblr. When has Zendaya ever confirmed this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 22:29
No, she has never put a label on Rue's sexuality neither did the creator. This is from a clickbait article that naive fans are running with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 04:15
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
Mark my words, Zendaya will have a coming out story someday. Same as Taylor Schilling, Kate Moennig and KStew.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 22:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
Mark my words, Zendaya will have a coming out story someday. Same as Taylor Schilling, Kate Moennig and KStew.
Delusional

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 22:32
Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 22:29
No, she has never put a label on Rue's sexuality neither did the creator. This is from a clickbait article that naive fans are running with.
Ugh I'm so sick of people trying to push non-binary onto Rue just because she doesn't look feminine all the time. Fuck these people. Now it's like Zendaya and Sam can't say otherwise without offending these people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
News flash- straight actresses can play gay characters. It does mean they are gay, it’s this novel thing called acting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 23:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
News flash- straight actresses can play gay characters. It does mean they are gay, it’s this novel thing called acting.
No shit but why so upset when this is a lesbian board after all and people will speculate. Build a bridge and walk over your obvious straightness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 22:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
Delusional
and people said those 3 actresses were straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 23:01
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rue or Zendaya?
X10000

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If you think she's straight why are you in the thread? This is a lesbian forum :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 08:15
Guest wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Mostly Zendaya fans and some young teenagers who watch it

That's definitely not the only audience. It's extremely popular for people in their 20s and 30s too.
Agreed, and you should really give it a chance, because it's not just them "having sex, drinking and getting high". On the surface level it can seem like that but the story is much deeper. It explores the lives of teenagers in a way I've never seen before. It has such a realistic yet wild tone and has a really interesting and captivating story telling of each character. Like they dive deep into each of them, it's wholesome and satisfying to watch something with this much meaning and realism.
X2

Totally agree with you.

It’s a beautiful show. The last episode I honestly couldn’t breathe. It’s unique and special and messy and wow!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 17:03
Happy to hear the news.. I just hope they can come up with a better sl for Rue other than still a junkie. I know she's based off Sam who didn't get clean til he was 19.. I hope it doesn't take that long for her :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
YES YES YES. This is great news

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yay!
I'm scared Zendaya won't be in it though, but I was scared of that last season as well. Surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to kill her off, and she wouldn't become an EP on the show if she wasn't in it for the long haul.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 20:59
Guest wrote:
Yay!
I'm scared Zendaya won't be in it though, but I was scared of that last season as well. Surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to kill her off, and she wouldn't become an EP on the show if she wasn't in it for the long haul.
Nah, she's not leaving. They'll definitely give her the same path to recovery as Sam got in real life. I think S3 will be the last one with Rue getting clean at 19.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i considered giving this show a try but sam levinson being the sole writer bugs the hell out of me he sounds so self absorbed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yay!
da

Nah they won't kill her off. Both Sam & HBO know a large portion of the audience watches for Z. Once she's dead, the show is dead.
IMO S3 will probably be the last season & will either end with her getting clean or dead(like in the original show).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This is great news. :angel: So she'll be filming for both Euphoria S3 & Dune Part Two, she'll be pretty busy :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 16:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yay!
da

Nah they won't kill her off. Both Sam & HBO know a large portion of the audience watches for Z. Once she's dead, the show is dead.
IMO S3 will probably be the last season & will either end with her getting clean or dead(like in the original show).
What original show?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 17:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yay!
da

What original show?
This show is based off an Israeli series also named Euphoria. In the show the main character dies at the end :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 18:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yay!
da

What original show?
This show is based off an Israeli series also named Euphoria. In the show the main character dies at the end :P
I thought it was based on Sam Levinson's life, that's what he always says. I've never heard it being based on another show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 18:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yay!
da

What original show?
I thought it was based on Sam Levinson's life, that's what he always says. I've never heard it being based on another show.
DA

Sam talking about the inspiration for the show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 21:45
Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 18:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da

What original show?
DA

Sam talking about the inspiration for the show
da a bit off topic but Z looks so good here :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Zendaya's Emmy submission right here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 02:28
x2. The scenes when she was yelling at her mom and Jules all up in their faces were *chefs kiss*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
x3 yep she's so bagging that Emmy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wow Z's performance :bowdown: Just go ahead and give her the frcking emmy right now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 02:48
Guest wrote:
x3 yep she's so bagging that Emmy
Don’t get me wrong, zendaya does a phenomenal job at playing rue, but it’s literally the same acting/drama from last season and she already won for that. Are they really gonna give her another win for playing a druggie again? Tbh there hasn’t been any growth in rue’s character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I mean she's good but if Laura Linney is robbed AGAIN because of her I'm gonna be mad.