Grey's Anatomy

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 18

Post by GUEST_USER »

Originally posted on 2012-03-16 09:53:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Grey's Anatomy fans have already seen the last of Alex Karev. TVLine has confirmed that the final episode featuring Justin Chambers ?ó?Ç?ö whose departure from the show was announced early Friday ?ó?Ç?ö aired on Nov. 14. In the Nov. 21 episode, viewers learned that Alex had returned home to care for his ailing mother.

The fact that Chambers will not be given a proper onscreen sendoff suggests his departure came abruptly and without much notice.

Reps for ABC declined to comment for this story.

"There's no good time to say goodbye to a show and character that's defined so much of my life for the past 15 years," Chambers said in a statement. "For some time now, however, I have hoped to diversify my acting roles and career choices. And, as I turn 50 and am blessed with my remarkable, supportive wife and five wonderful children, now is that time. As I move on from Grey's Anatomy, I want to thank the ABC family, Shonda Rimes, original cast members Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson and James Pickens, and the rest of the amazing cast and crew, both past and present, and, of course, the fans for an extraordinary ride."

Chambers' departure might explain the speediness with which the show ?ó?Ç?ö and Grey Sloan ?ó?Ç?ö replaced Karev as head of peds with McWidow, Shameless vet Richard Flood's Cormac Hayes.
Can't wait for the tea. Gota love it 15 years and still mess and drama bts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I read recently that they plan to go beyond 2021?ó?Ç?á really Ellen Pompeo is going to be the only cast member left. They're really flogging a dead horse with this show, what was once iconic has now reached dire!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why do people still watch this show? I stopped watching several seasons ago.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I read recently that they plan to go beyond 2021?ó?Ç?á really Ellen Pompeo is going to be the only cast member left. They're really flogging a dead horse with this show, what was once iconic has now reached dire!
It's ABC's top rated show. It won't be going anywhere if it stays that way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't see why any cast member would want to leave unless there was a fight/disagreement or they are just tired of it at this point. It's not like they're getting jobs outside of Greys. Justin is 50.

As for Ellen, can't see her in anything besides Greys either so she better make that money.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I read recently that they plan to go beyond 2021?ó?Ç?á really Ellen Pompeo is going to be the only cast member left. They're really flogging a dead horse with this show, what was once iconic has now reached dire!
It's ABC's top rated show. It won't be going anywhere if it stays that way.
This, Why would they cancel it if it's their best rated show? And Shonda keeps a nice money flow for her other projects.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder what happened with Justin. There's no way his contract only lasted to not even mid season. You think if it was an amicable split he finished off his contract for this year and they give the character a send off in the season finale with ABC being able to milk the leadup to the big goodbye. Especially since he's an original cast member.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I catch an episode every now and then due to friends watching. I swear I barely recognize anyone on there now and the new characters are so annoying. And why is Owen still on there? Worst character ever. I think S10 was the last season I fully watched. Hard to believe I used to love and obsesses over this show, mainly due to Arizona and then they screwed her up with the plane crash.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seems like none of the other cast members have said anything yet. Hmmmm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I stop watching when Sandra Oh left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Remember when Jerrika Hinton left, or right before she did, she unfollowed a bunch of cast mates? I really want all the dramaz that has gone on bts for this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wasn't Justin also one of the OC man who was never linked to any of the drama or messiness?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm just baffled at this turn of events. An original character that has been 15 years on the show not having any kind of send-off. He will just disappear. lol What the hell happened bts.

Alex was honestly one of the few characters I still liked. I can't stand most of them at this point. The show has gone totally downhill since Krista took over.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

who cares

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:who cares
Apparently you do since you took the time to click on this thread, read through what's happening and post a comment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if he was pushed out like Jessica and Sarah Drew were? Just really bizarre to leave like that in the middle of the season and to wait almost two months afterwards to say that was his last ep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

More importantly any lesbians

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I wonder if he was pushed out like Jessica and Sarah Drew were? Just really bizarre to leave like that in the middle of the season and to wait almost two months afterwards to say that was his last ep.
I wonder if they knew it was his last episode when he filmed it or if anything happened or was found out afterwards that either he or Krista went nope, not coming back after the hiatus.
It doesn't look like this was planned at all. Especially since he had that story of trying to turn that other hospital around as the Chief there and Weber and Owen still working there too..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I wonder if he was pushed out like Jessica and Sarah Drew were? Just really bizarre to leave like that in the middle of the season and to wait almost two months afterwards to say that was his last ep.
Something is up, I hope he's fine and his family members too.
I don't think this is a Jessica/Sarah 2.0 but I could be wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm just baffled at this turn of events. An original character that has been 15 years on the show not having any kind of send-off. He will just disappear. lol What the hell happened bts.

Alex was honestly one of the few characters I still liked. I can't stand most of them at this point. The show has gone totally downhill since Krista took over.
This....and since Ellen and Debbie Allen became executive producers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder what that means for Camilla.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Something is up, I hope he's fine and his family members too.
I don't think this is a Jessica/Sarah 2.0 but I could be wrong.
Yeah, it just feels weird. But IDK, I remember when Martin Henderson's contract was up, they wrote him out mid-season as well, but he got a whole arc for it and it was announced right after his last episode was over. But just so weird to wait this long to announce it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm just baffled at this turn of events. An original character that has been 15 years on the show not having any kind of send-off. He will just disappear. lol What the hell happened bts.

This....and since Ellen and Debbie Allen became executive producers.
I actually prefer her take on Grey's over Stacy McKee's everyone is miserable and has horrible things happen to them all the time take one, but Krista seems like an asshole when it comes to how she treats the actors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

More money for Ellen Pompeo, that's all she cares about. She should have done what friends and TBBT cast did, but she's too selfish.
Shonda used to kill GA characters, Meredith is burying all them... dead or alive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"There's no good time to say goodbye to a show and character that's defined so much of my life for the past 15 years," Chambers said in a statement. "For some time now, however, I have hoped to diversify my acting roles and career choices. And, as I turn 50 and am blessed with my remarkable, supportive wife and five wonderful children, now is that time. As I move on from Grey's Anatomy, I want to thank the ABC family, Shonda Rimes, original cast members Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson and James Pickens, and the rest of the amazing cast and crew, both past and present, and, of course, the fans for an extraordinary ride."
He thanked Shonda and Ellen, but not Krista.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:More money for Ellen Pompeo, that's all she cares about. She should have done what friends and TBBT cast did, but she's too selfish.
Shonda used to kill GA characters, Meredith is burying all them... dead or alive.
I don't think she's done anything other than GA the last 15 years and probably won't after the show is over, so gotta get those coins now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:More money for Ellen Pompeo, that's all she cares about. She should have done what friends and TBBT cast did, but she's too selfish.
I don't think she's done anything other than GA the last 15 years and probably won't after the show is over, so gotta get those coins now.
Yes, but why don't ask ABC for OG castmates equal pay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ABC refused to comment after he released his statement so that says to me that he was the one who chose to leave and they didn't push him out. If they pushed him out, I think they would have released a statement first, or in tandem with him, and thank him for being on the show for 15 years.

But yeah, really bizarre that it was a mid-season departure and it was only announced now. I think ABC would have wanted him to come back to do more of a send off, even if it was something really minor so it wasn't so abrupt for the audience, but maybe BTS drama caused Justin to just nope out once his contract was over? But then again, would an OG main cast member really only have a contract until mid-season?

Skarlet
Reactions: 0

Post by Skarlet »

Same. Justin also seems to be very low profile and cool, so it's VERY strange that his last story is Karev visiting his mom...

Surely they have to kill Karev. They can't say he left Jo, that wouldn't make sense.

I still love and watch the show, mainly for the OG characters, but not gonna lie Karev leaving is gonna hurt a bit. His character inproved so much over the years. Wish it was Owen leaving instead lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It would suck for the actress, but would anyone really care if they wrote Jo out to be with Alex off-screen somewhere? April and Arizona were much more popular than she was. Or maybe they do pull an April with Alex and pretend he's still in town, we just never see or hear about him ever again. :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I've been watching Grey's for years and honestly Sandra Oh's departure was the only one I gave a damn about, it really saddened me when it happened because Christina was my favorite character. The others, except for Meredith and Bailey of course, can come and go as they please.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Grey's Anatomy" star Justin Chambers announced on Friday that he's exiting the hit series after 15 years to "diversify my acting roles and career choices."

Sources exclusively told Page Six that the star was also recently addressing some mental health issues at the same luxury facility where Selena Gomez and "Game of Thrones" star Kit Harington have been patients.

A source told Page Six that Chambers spent time at Priv-Swiss in Connecticut before leaving Wednesday to fly back to LA.

"Justin has been at [Priv-Swiss] for stress and life coaching. He has been seen in the area at different places over several weeks including at a restaurant at Old Saybrook ?ó?Ç?ö where he was nice and chatted to other diners, but looked very thin."

A second source told us that, "Justin was at Priv-Swiss being treated for stress, depression and life-coaching. There is a lot going on with ['Grey's Anatomy"] behind-the-scenes right now."

In a statement to Page Six, Chambers said: "There's no good time to say goodbye to a show and character that's defined so much of my life for the past 15 years. For some time now, however, I have hoped to diversify my acting roles and career choices. And, as I turn 50 and am blessed with my remarkable, supportive wife and five wonderful children, now is that time."

He added, "As I move on from 'Grey's Anatomy,' I want to thank the ABC family, Shonda Rimes, original cast members Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson and James Pickens, and the rest of the amazing cast and crew, both past and present, and, of course, the fans for an extraordinary ride.

A rep for the facility said: "Priv-Swiss does not comment on clients, past or present."

More than a decade ago, Chambers opened up about a longtime sleep disorder that led him to check into the same UCLA Medical Center where Britney Spears was once treated.

He told People in 2008: "It's a biological sleep disorder. Your mind keeps racing, and your body is tired. It wants to go to sleep, but it can't."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like Jo but now she's 'worthless' for GA dynamics because she's like Jackson without April, fans will never accept to see Jo with someone else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good characters keep leaving and freaking Owen Hunt is still there ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol so they had Alex just up and leave everything? All that character growth for nothing. So glad I stopped watching this trainwreck when Cristina left. This show needs to end but Pompeo is greedy as hell and won't let the show die.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

First Izzie left (I was sad about 007 but got over it real quick), then Christina left, then Calzona became a mess and Callie left, then Arizona left... It was my fave show so i keep up with what's going to the characters a like but i stopped watching around season 11 not gonna lie. Poor Meredith tho...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what's going on with the characters i like*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Lol so they had Alex just up and leave everything? All that character growth for nothing. So glad I stopped watching this trainwreck when Cristina left. This show needs to end but Pompeo is greedy as hell and won't let the show die.
There seemed some BTS drama with the actor, the way he left so suddenly. You know the show'd have milked his goodbye for everything they could have if they'd been able to. I don't really care, more power to an actress who's now 50 for having this much power and sway, she gave literally the bulk of her acting career to this, dunno why she shouldn't be able to enjoy it. Why on earth is it greedy to continue doing a successful thing? I never really watched, occasionally caught the random ep clip here or gifs/talked about spoilers there, but it's the same show, just different people. If you don't grow with it, other people still can.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Lol so they had Alex just up and leave everything? All that character growth for nothing. So glad I stopped watching this trainwreck when Cristina left. This show needs to end but Pompeo is greedy as hell and won't let the show die.
There seemed some BTS drama with the actor, the way he left so suddenly. You know the show'd have milked his goodbye for everything they could have if they'd been able to. I don't really care, more power to an actress who's now 50 for having this much power and sway, she gave literally the bulk of her acting career to this, dunno why she shouldn't be able to enjoy it. Why on earth is it greedy to continue doing a successful thing? I never really watched, occasionally caught the random ep clip here or gifs/talked about spoilers there, but it's the same show, just different people. If you don't grow with it, other people still can.
DA This is a good show it's just not as great as it used to be so it's not exactly "the same show".

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA This is a good show it's just not as great as it used to be so it's not exactly "the same show".
It's not different enough to merit shutting down forever. It's just a show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not different enough to merit shutting down forever. It's just a show.
Oh yeah i honestly don't care how long it stays on air after if it became not that great but it is VERY different in not a good way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If someone is having a bad day..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So that promo for next weeks goodbye to Alex... he either died or got committed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reminisce the good old days...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So that promo for next weeks goodbye to Alex... he either died or got committed.
Maybe he went to Izzy? Someone fucking kill Owen Hunt already. I can't believe why he has been kept in this show for so long. No one likes him.

Did Maggie do that Alzheimer test and what was the result? I remember Mer did it way back and it came out negative.