Grey's Anatomy

Reactions:

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 03:38
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 03:31
Please, please, don't talk about Maya in here. That is one of the worst threads on this board. We don't need the shippers in here.
lol will try. Though it’s inevitable seeing as a lot of grey’s characters interact with her and vice versa.
DA I dropped the show halfway through last season—Maya and Carina are ok but they just don’t do it for me—but I pop in that thread sometimes to see if anything interesting is happening and it’s always just people being stalkers and crazy about real life shipping. I know everyone can do whatever they want but that stuff is really weird to me. Anyway, Carina is probably going to be replaced by Jo at the end of the season and then she’ll be on Station 19 full time so there will be less crossovers where they’re concerned. Waste of a good character but maybe they’ll bring another gay woman on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 20:06
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 03:26
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 03:13
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 15:39
Man I was so into Calzona when it was airing but looking back ugh. Not sure if how it ended tainted it for me but I can't even enjoy their early scenes. What Callie did to Arizona during the custody battle was irredeemable imo

I liked Arizona/Carina and the other lady Arizona got with, I can't remember her name. I just remember no one liking her. lol
I feel you anon. I was super down the Calzona rabbit hole for years. In fact one of my very favorite episodes of anything is the musical episode of Greys. Super unpopular opinion I know. But now, looking back, I have trouble even watching some of their stuff. Callie became wildly unlikable to me in the later seasons before SR left.

I had stopped watching Greys by the time Carina popped up. But I really really enjoy Carina with Maya on S19, so I haven't even watched those scenes with Arizona :lol:
Tbh Carina has more chemistry with Maya than with Ari. Way more. And not for lack of trying on Stefania’s part, but JCap seemed bored by then. Although I personally think she had a fun and playful chemistry with Eliza and I liked them together. It was Lauren who brought out the human rainbow in full force (for real though if they wanted people to not invest in Lauren then they should have brought in someone less likable). Even with pretty firefighter lady with the butt injury and they had like what? Three or four lines together maybe.

Tldr: anyone but Callie, was nice to watch interact with Arizona, at various degrees of course.
DA
There was zero chemistry(not for lack of trying on Stefania’s part like you said). I know the audience is meant to infer that Arizona gets with Callie at the end of the season but just like, as an actor, JCap seemed really bored by all hers and Carina’s interactions. I never thought Arizona felt anything more than fleeting sexual interest in Carina and their breakup made me feel nothing because I thought they were friends with benefits tbh.

I thought jcap’s best acting were next to Sara, they brought out the best out of each other. Although for whatever reason The intimate scenes got less and less comfortable at the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 20:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Man I was so into Calzona when it was airing but looking back ugh. Not sure if how it ended tainted it for me but I can't even enjoy their early scenes. What Callie did to Arizona during the custody battle was irredeemable imo

I liked Arizona/Carina and the other lady Arizona got with, I can't remember her name. I just remember no one liking her. lol
I feel you anon. I was super down the Calzona rabbit hole for years. In fact one of my very favorite episodes of anything is the musical episode of Greys. Super unpopular opinion I know. But now, looking back, I have trouble even watching some of their stuff. Callie became wildly unlikable to me in the later seasons before SR left.

I had stopped watching Greys by the time Carina popped up. But I really really enjoy Carina with Maya on S19, so I haven't even watched those scenes with Arizona :lol:
Tbh Carina has more chemistry with Maya than with Ari. Way more. And not for lack of trying on Stefania’s part, but JCap seemed bored by then. Although I personally think she had a fun and playful chemistry with Eliza and I liked them together. It was Lauren who brought out the human rainbow in full force (for real though if they wanted people to not invest in Lauren then they should have brought in someone less likable). Even with pretty firefighter lady with the butt injury and they had like what? Three or four lines together maybe.

Tldr: anyone but Callie, was nice to watch interact with Arizona, at various degrees of course.
DA
There was zero chemistry(not for lack of trying on Stefania’s part like you said). I know the audience is meant to infer that Arizona gets with Callie at the end of the season but just like, as an actor, JCap seemed really bored by all hers and Carina’s interactions. I never thought Arizona felt anything more than fleeting sexual interest in Carina and their breakup made me feel nothing because I thought they were friends with benefits tbh.

I thought jcap’s best acting were next to Sara, they brought out the best out of each other. Although for whatever reason The intimate scenes got less and less comfortable at the end.
Agreed. I thought JCap and Sara mostly had good chemistry. It was one of the reasons I believe they kept Arizona on as she was originally there for an arc with Karev.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 20:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Agreed. I thought JCap and Sara mostly had good chemistry. It was one of the reasons I believe they kept Arizona on as she was originally there for an arc with Karev.
Callie’s my favorite, and I couldn’t stand Arizona a lot of the time but I can’t deny that their chemistry was great, right from the start. I even like their first kiss, as silly as it was lol. The acting with each other was just really natural. But near the end their storyline was a mess. I’ve always felt like the writers were never really invested in them. I mean, their wedding was cut with scenes from Derek and Meredith’s wedding? Wtf was that. One of the first onscreen lesbian weddings and they couldn’t even give them 5 minutes?

And are you saying Arizona meant to have a romantic arc with Karev?? Ew. I can’t picture that at all. I mean my being a lesbian aside, Karev is also just so… ugh. I liked him with Izzie because they humanized him during those seasons and he was ok in the later seasons but I’m so glad they changed their minds and didn’t go there with him and Arizona.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 21:23
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 20:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Callie’s my favorite, and I couldn’t stand Arizona a lot of the time but I can’t deny that their chemistry was great, right from the start. I even like their first kiss, as silly as it was lol. The acting with each other was just really natural. But near the end their storyline was a mess. I’ve always felt like the writers were never really invested in them. I mean, their wedding was cut with scenes from Derek and Meredith’s wedding? Wtf was that. One of the first onscreen lesbian weddings and they couldn’t even give them 5 minutes?

And are you saying Arizona meant to have a romantic arc with Karev?? Ew. I can’t picture that at all. I mean my being a lesbian aside, Karev is also just so… ugh. I liked him with Izzie because they humanized him during those seasons and he was ok in the later seasons but I’m so glad they changed their minds and didn’t go there with him and Arizona.
I don't know if it was supposed to be romantic I can't remember lol But I do believe it was supposed to be a short arc with him and then they decided to keep her on and got her together with Callie. I don't care if Jess and Sara didn't get along, I really enjoyed their chemistry together onscreen and that's all that matters to me (well except for S7 I thought their chemistry was a bit rough although I think that was the point).

Even after all that mess I still have a soft spot for Calzona and am glad it looks like they got their happy ending together. Sue me lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The worst couple chemistry wise was Callie with Penny for sure

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 21:56
I totally forgot they existed :rofl: Both of them looked in pain during their scenes. And Samantha is usually fine in most things I've seen her in, but I'm sorry she was awful on this show. Penny was just a boring character in general.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gays, Arizona was brought in as a replacement for Brooke Smith but they did not tell her anything about her story and where it will go beyond the first two eps. Jcap stated once in an old interview that SHE tried to slip in some subtext between Arizona and Alex in hopes of catching the show runners’ attention and hopefully getting to stay longer on the show.

She was meant for Callie from the get go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 22:18
Gays, Arizona was brought in as a replacement for Brooke Smith but they did not tell her anything about her story and where it will go beyond the first two eps. Jcap stated once in an old interview that SHE tried to slip in some subtext between Arizona and Alex in hopes of catching the show runners’ attention and hopefully getting to stay longer on the show.

Didn’t Shonda said that there was a writer or producer who saw Sara and Jessica interacting on set and came up with the idea of putting them together?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They’re pretty bad but Amelia and Owen was really terrible. And then Teddy and Owen made me stop watching. I just couldn’t.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 23:00
Guest wrote:
They’re pretty bad but Amelia and Owen was really terrible. And then Teddy and Owen made me stop watching. I just couldn’t.
Nobody was talking about the het couples.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 23:07
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 23:00
Guest wrote:
Nobody was talking about the het couples.
DA gurl chill =_= we were talking about the gays but no need to be rude.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 22:44
Guest wrote:

Didn’t Shonda said that there was a writer or producer who saw Sara and Jessica interacting on set and came up with the idea of putting them together?
Can’t remember, honestly. But I do remember them addressing the backlash they received after cutting Brooke out when she had just finished moving her whole life to LA for the show. I’ll try to find that old article where people went apeshit calling Shonda out for replacing her with “younger and prettier blond” :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 23:52
Guest wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 22:44
Guest wrote:

Can’t remember, honestly. But I do remember them addressing the backlash they received after cutting Brooke out when she had just finished moving her whole life to LA for the show. I’ll try to find that old article where people went apeshit calling Shonda out for replacing her with “younger and prettier blond” :lol:
Brooke and Sara had no chemistry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just remembered another awful pairing... Arizona/Murphy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.vulture.com/2018/02/greys-a ... anked.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Huh. The chemistry between Carina and Arizona to me was like the one between Callie and Erica: like the weak pulse of a dying heart :dramaqueen: meaning, barely there. So their scenes together weren’t uncomfortable to watch. Just, not that interesting.

Again, my personal opinion, folks.

And I liked Eliza :spy: maybe cause she’s very much my type, if I’m being completely shallow and going off of looks alone :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 00:11
I liked them. :ninja:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 02:02
Guest wrote:
I liked them. :ninja:
I didn’t, They never kissed on camera and never had real love scenes .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Remember when they made a big deal about bringing her back and then she just disappeared again after a few episodes lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You have screwed dozens of interns, and you’ve got them all fired :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 01:51
Huh. The chemistry between Carina and Arizona to me was like the one between Callie and Erica: like the weak pulse of a dying heart :dramaqueen: meaning, barely there. So their scenes together weren’t uncomfortable to watch. Just, not that interesting.

And I liked Eliza :spy: maybe cause she’s very much my type, if I’m being completely shallow and going off of looks alone :shifty:
LOL I only ever remember Carina and Arizona were a thing when it’s brought up. They made no impact whatsoever on me. But I actually really liked Erica and Callie I thought given time (and if they’d stopped writing Erica like a dictator) they’d be good together. I hated how she left the show she literally just disappeared one day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 04:41
Guest wrote:

LOL I only ever remember Carina and Arizona were a thing when it’s brought up. They made no impact whatsoever on me. But I actually really liked Erica and Callie I thought given time (and if they’d stopped writing Erica like a dictator) they’d be good together. I hated how she left the show she literally just disappeared one day.
When Ramirez left they really should have brought Hahn back to reunite and leave with Callie. Would've been so much better than Penny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Eliza was great by Grey's standards, the actress even had decent chemistry with the Arizona chick, why they suddenly crapped on the character and ejected it out of the show the way they did is still something I don't get. If I remember correctly they were doing that dumb, boring and done a million times by a million shows divorce storyline at the time, so I guess it was just to create more pointless drama as they always do on Grey's. :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 05:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When Ramirez left they really should have brought Hahn back to reunite and leave with Callie. Would've been so much better than Penny.
Oh that would have been really interesting. I’ve always wondered how Erica turned out. I didn’t hate Penny like a lot of fans did but her and Callie was just forced. I thought both actresses did their jobs well enough but the entire plot— her ‘killing’ Derek to the dinner (ok that I loved it was a dramatic mess and I was glued to my screen) to the fact that she didn’t tell Callie not to come to New York? Pointless. I know their end was messy because Sara left the show but they should never have happened. Penny getting hired at Grey Sloan was enough drama, they didn’t need to pair her with Callie as well. They should have given Callie someone nice and problem free. After the divorce and everything she went on a string of dates but I wish they’d just let her find someone be happy without all the caveats for a bit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 18:18
Guest wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 16:23
Guest wrote:

I just watched Greys this year to see what all the fuss about Calzona was and honestly, when they were good, they were really good. Their early days and their i love yous are some of my favourite scenes. But the cheating and custody battle (it was so stupid and out of character for Callie, I mean she’s spontaneous but after all they’d been through with Sophia I can’t imagine she’d try to take Arizona’s parental rights away?? And for Penny? Yeah right)were so much, I just never cared once that happened because I realized they were never going to get stability. Which, I guess is the point of a soap opera, drama.
Their first "I love you" scene still makes me smile! I think it's called "Invest in Love" and it was Arizona's birthday or something. I remember watching that as a baby dyke and thinking maybe someone will love me too someday.
me too :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cristina and Callie were such an underrated duo. I’ve been binging some old episodes lately and I realized how there are no fun friendships anymore. Everyone is related or married to each other or sleeping together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For me the show lost its luster once Cristina left.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Callie didn’t love Erica and Sara seemed uncomfortable with those love scenes. I think Jessica and Callie felt more natural and I bought that Callie was madly in love with Arizona and vice versa.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 17:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I just watched Greys this year to see what all the fuss about Calzona was and honestly, when they were good, they were really good. Their early days and their i love yous are some of my favourite scenes. But the cheating and custody battle (it was so stupid and out of character for Callie, I mean she’s spontaneous but after all they’d been through with Sophia I can’t imagine she’d try to take Arizona’s parental rights away?? And for Penny? Yeah right)were so much, I just never cared once that happened because I realized they were never going to get stability. Which, I guess is the point of a soap opera, drama.
Their first "I love you" scene still makes me smile! I think it's called "Invest in Love" and it was Arizona's birthday or something. I remember watching that as a baby dyke and thinking maybe someone will love me too someday.

Didn’t Jcap said this scene made her husband jealous? It felt so real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 18:17
For me the show lost its luster once Cristina left.
Losing Derek and Cristina with a year of each other really knocked the show down a few notches. They were huge losses in general but also the people Meredith trusted the most so there was no main romance or main friendship. I liked the introduction of Amelia and Maggie but the new interns were boring as fuck and the seasons after season 10 until maybe season 14 just feel so dark and depressing. Greys has never been light but there was a balance before. After season 8 it was just blah and hard for me to get through.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Didn't she say he was mad because she didn't tell him she did a ILY scene? Weird. He should know it's just acting ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 19:35
Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Didn't she say he was mad because she didn't tell him she did a ILY scene? Weird. He should know it's just acting ^o)

I think she has half joking.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 18:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Callie didn’t love Erica and Sara seemed uncomfortable with those love scenes. I think Jessica and Callie felt more natural and I bought that Callie was madly in love with Arizona and vice versa.
See as much as I shipped it, and I really did for a long while, I always felt Arizona was much more into Callie than Callie was with her. At least until the cheating happened, which was prompted by trauma, but was still cheating. By the time the custody stuff was happening I couldn't stand Callie so the disparity didn't even matter to me.

I found Callie and Erica uncomfortable to watch because they seemed uncomfortable together.

I would have been down for a Teddy/Arizona pairing honestly. Missed chance now that we know Teddy isn't straight. But of course she's always all about Owen, puke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I never liked Teddy, she was always pathetic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 22:06

See as much as I shipped it, and I really did for a long while, I always felt Arizona was much more into Callie than Callie was with her. At least until the cheating happened, which was prompted by trauma, but was still cheating. By the time the custody stuff was happening I couldn't stand Callie so the disparity didn't even matter to me.

I found Callie and Erica uncomfortable to watch because they seemed uncomfortable together.

I would have been down for a Teddy/Arizona pairing honestly. Missed chance now that we know Teddy isn't straight. But of course she's always all about Owen, puke.

I always thought the opposite, that Callie was way more into the relationship but looking back, with how much she allowed Mark to impose, maybe you’re right. And Teddy and Arizona would have been interesting. I never saw any romantic chemistry between them but they would have been better than Teddy and Owen for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What about Arizona with Amelia?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still bitter they wussed out on bi-sexual Cristina. We almost got it and they went with old dude instead :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:10
Still bitter they wussed out on bi-sexual Cristina. We almost got it and they went with old dude instead :argh:
Forgive my amnesia, but when was the “almost got it”?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:13
Guest wrote:
Shonda's headcanon was that Cristina had a relationship with her female Professor. But when they decided to make it canon and bring the character onto the show they went with a male

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:31
Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:13
Guest wrote:
Shonda's headcanon was that Cristina had a relationship with her female Professor. But when they decided to make it canon and bring the character onto the show they went with a male
DA I’ve always thought Cristina to be bi anyway, but knowing this could have happened? Such a missed opportunity. Having her and Teddy always had good energy and them together could have stopped those terrible seasons with Owen. Half the time he was bitching about the abortion and the other half he was begging her to give him kids. He was such a d--- and it really felt like Cristina was out of character for their entire relationship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sandra and Brooke were lobbing for Erica/Cristina because they had played a couple in a play before. And Sandra and Kate Walsh played a couple in a movie before GA too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 22:48
Guest wrote:

I always thought the opposite, that Callie was way more into the relationship but looking back, with how much she allowed Mark to impose, maybe you’re right. And Teddy and Arizona would have been interesting. I never saw any romantic chemistry between them but they would have been better than Teddy and Owen for sure.
DA. It's interesting to see both views on this. I never felt one or the other was more into it :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 18:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I felt Sara played in love desperately with Arizona, it’s pretty clear Arizona was the love of Callie’s life.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:44
Sandra and Brooke were lobbing for Erica/Cristina because they had played a couple in a play before. And Sandra and Kate Walsh played a couple in a movie before GA too.
Erica and Cristina were way too alike. I could t see that at all. Plus she was awful to Cristina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kinda hoped for Meredith and Arizona to be a couple so that Arizona would have to come back and Meredith doesn't have to painfully find another man that can't live up to Derek. IMO that would be a great-not Calzona related-ending, but Calzona is hopefully endgame, cause they were each others love of their lives and I can't imagine Arizona or Callie being in a long term relationship with someone else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 07:02
I kinda hoped for Meredith and Arizona to be a couple so that Arizona would have to come back and Meredith doesn't have to painfully find another man that can't live up to Derek. IMO that would be a great-not Calzona related-ending, but Calzona is hopefully endgame, cause they were each others love of their lives and I can't imagine Arizona or Callie being in a long term relationship with someone else.
I mean if we’re going for bisexual Meredith, Mertina (Meredith x Cristina) is right there. But also, lol. Because there’s no way Grey’s Anatomy would have made Meredith bi. Even if Derek is dead. We live in the ‘future’ but let’s be real here. I can picture the outrage now lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 07:38
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 07:02
I mean if we’re going for bisexual Meredith, Mertina (Meredith x Cristina) is right there. But also, lol. Because there’s no way Grey’s Anatomy would have made Meredith bi. Even if Derek is dead. We live in the ‘future’ but let’s be real here. I can picture the outrage now lmao.
Yeah, I know they would never make her bisexual nor coupled up with Arizona, but I kinda liked the idea of Arizona still being there and not having to leave plus IMO they would have made a good couple.