Captain Marvel And The Rest Of The Mcu!

guestor
Reactions:

Re: Captain Marvel And The Rest Of The Mcu!

Post by guestor »

Ariana DeBose would be the perfect adult America Chavez IMO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 19:53
Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 17:07
For those who have seen it, gay content the usually tokenistic gesture from Marvel?
what gay content lol
Well that's answers that question. Lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 11:50
Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 09:37
Just watched it - CGI is pretty terrible, plot is very weak and some of the writing is just straight bad. Even for a marvel movie. Wanda is really the only good part
how did you watch it already?
DA. I think it's out internationally now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 12:11
Guest wrote:
04 May 2022, 11:50
Guest wrote:
Just watched it - CGI is pretty terrible, plot is very weak and some of the writing is just straight bad. Even for a marvel movie. Wanda is really the only good part
how did you watch it already?
X2 I know you can pretty much see movies Thursday before the Friday release, but the Monday of has to be a special screening, right?
I'm from NZ, it came out yesterday for our country (4th May)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
For those who have seen it, gay content the usually tokenistic gesture from Marvel?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 00:04
Guest wrote:
Da. What???? Thats it?! I cannot believe my country is banning MoM for this movies lgbt content 😭😭😭😭. Somehow we can watch Atomic Blonde and Booksmart here lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wanda creating vision and her kids from nothing and also mind control an entire town and force them to play house with all the set/costume changes is much much much more powerful and evil than what happen in MoM

She is scary but the movie add nothing to wanda's arc, we already seen her being scary and unstopable, you want something more grandiose
I hope whatever wanda's next thing will be a series, MCU latest movies post endgame hasnt been that exiting to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

phase 4

streaming series > theatrical movies

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I don't know why people always say movies post endgame. I enjoyed black widow. I only hoped they would have kept the tone of the beginning instead of going the cliche way near the end. I liked the characters in that movie and they felt like real characters. I hated endgame. That was a pile of shit to me. I liked Shang Chi. Nothing more nothing less. Not super hyped about it but I would say the same about enough movies from phase 1 to 3. Also, if I remember correctly so many people shat on Iron Man 2 and 3. So they technically only liked one of his movies. Same goes for Thor. Only that pepel simply liked the 3rd one. To me Guardians 2 was also not as enjoyable. It was a cameo fest of several actors. Black Panther to me was also super overhyped. It was nothing special or memorable to me. Not on the list of MCU movies I like to rewatch. The first MCU spiederman movie was also doing nthing for me.

And with the shows so far I only liked 2. Hawkeye and Wandavision. Loki and FATWS did nothing for me except bore me and deliver terrible dialogue at times. Two shows I forced myself through because I didn't want to miss anything. What I wanted to say is that it has always been a very mixed bag for me. Nothing to do with post or pre Endgame. And to me the big movie would als be Infinity War and nt Endgame. Because Infinity War was 10 times the movie that Endgame was in my opinion.

Going to watch MoM tonight but I can see my fears about Wanda's treatment may be right. Marvel needs to hire better writers. And I'm hoping this Michael Waldron guy never gets his hands on Kate and Yelena.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 14:41
I don't know why people always say movies post endgame. I enjoyed black widow. I only hoped they would have kept the tone of the beginning instead of going the cliche way near the end. I liked the characters in that movie and they felt like real characters. I hated endgame. That was a pile of shit to me. I liked Shang Chi. Nothing more nothing less. Not super hyped about it but I would say the same about enough movies from phase 1 to 3. Also, if I remember correctly so many people shat on Iron Man 2 and 3. So they technically only liked one of his movies. Same goes for Thor. Only that pepel simply liked the 3rd one. To me Guardians 2 was also not as enjoyable. It was a cameo fest of several actors. Black Panther to me was also super overhyped. It was nothing special or memorable to me. Not on the list of MCU movies I like to rewatch. The first MCU spiederman movie was also doing nthing for me.

And with the shows so far I only liked 2. Hawkeye and Wandavision. Loki and FATWS did nothing for me except bore me and deliver terrible dialogue at times. Two shows I forced myself through because I didn't want to miss anything. What I wanted to say is that it has always been a very mixed bag for me. Nothing to do with post or pre Endgame. And to me the big movie would als be Infinity War and nt Endgame. Because Infinity War was 10 times the movie that Endgame was in my opinion.

Going to watch MoM tonight but I can see my fears about Wanda's treatment may be right. Marvel needs to hire better writers. And I'm hoping this Michael Waldron guy never gets his hands on Kate and Yelena.
I feel like we’re the same person. Agree with everything.

People hated Thor for a while. Iron Man 3 is one of the worst MCU things ever produced. Of the “big 3”, Captain America has had the best movies overall. I don’t like Winter Solider tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Going to see MoM to night as well. I’ve seen so many spoilers, clips and reviews that I hope it doesn’t cloud my enjoyment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 09:13
I think it feels like that because they completely missmanaged what the Darkhold is, in the comics the book is a real issue in the 70s/80s comics and later on in the 90s.
I mean originally Dracula was obsessed with it and his fight with doc Strange and the vampire hunters end up with vampires going extinct in the marvel universe lol and in the 90s it launched a short lived exxxxtreeeme 90s horror comic line.
Oh and the Darkhold own comicbook, the group that forms to hunt down the book introduces one of Marvels first lesbian characters, Victoria Montesi, she has a terrible end until the late 10s where they try to reboot the concept after Carnage messes with the book and she comes back.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Darkhold aside what happened to Chaos Magic? That term was not used right? It was all about the Darkhold. :eyeroll: Just watched it and I can see where the criticism is coming from and I will say it: I can't wait for the multiverse crap to be done with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Agree with this! I did find Dr. Strange more likeable then usual but it was almost like he got a personality transplant. In fact, I spent an embarrassingly large part of the movie thinking we were in a different universe and still had to visit "our" Strange and Wanda because of how Wanda was just evil from the start and because I misremembered Dr. Strange's backstory with Christine. I thought the What If car accident death also happened to our universe's Dr Strange. So yeah, I was pretty confused for a lot of the movie haha.

Cameo bs and anticipation took me out of the movie at times. It didn't feel natural. I also think the horror elements were way overstated just like the gay. Anytime I see someone call this a horror movie I have to laugh. The sick part of me wishes we could have seen a more gory version of Captain Carter's theoretically cool death. Because the way it was filmed and nothing shown was just lame. A lot of the fights were super lame with a few exceptions.

Mid tier film. Feels more like a set up for other stuff than anything else. Maaaaybe should have been a Disney+ series??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really enjoyed MoM but yeah that was 90% because of hot evil Wanda. She absolutely dominated any scene she was in.

Her not learning anything from the events of Wandavision and becoming 100x worse is pretty funny though. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hot take: Black Widow is the best project in phase 4 so far :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well…I really liked the movie. The Scarlet Witch remains the moat badass ever.

Visually this is easily the best mcu movie ever made. Also truly a horror movie. So brutal I turned away twice. Music was amazing.

However some of the dialogue was so cringe.

America was cool just way too much of her. 838 Christine was better than 616.

Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda/The Scarlet Witch meeds to be the main focus in more projects.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Question for fans that haven't read comics. MoM spoilers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 00:12

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure the movie wanted me cheering on Wanda but I was. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 23:12
Well…I really liked the movie. The Scarlet Witch remains the moat badass ever.

Visually this is easily the best mcu movie ever made. Also truly a horror movie. So brutal I turned away twice. Music was amazing.

However some of the dialogue was so cringe.

America was cool just way too much of her. 838 Christine was better than 616.

Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda/The Scarlet Witch meeds to be the main focus in more projects.
838 christine would make such a good foil against wanda. I wanna see them battle it out! She would make a great nuanced wanda too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 00:12

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 01:10
For me this was the only truly horrific moment in the whole film lol. Loved it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 01:10
Yes! The whole theater gasped at that scene. :goldstar: also I loved Charles's yellow chair, I could hear the X-men cartoon theme song in my head.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 22:40
for me its wandavision
probably the only mcu thing that i loved and rewatch so many times

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loved WandaVision to but I never rewatched it. Not sure why.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 08:25
Same. I think once you know what's going on, it's less appealing to rewatch. The mystery was a big part of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 08:33
Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 08:25
Same. I think once you know what's going on, it's less appealing to rewatch. The mystery was a big part of it.
Da

I think that's a big part of it alright, but I think if the end had been as strong as the start I might be more inclined to rewatch. Knowing it's going to fizzle out a little is a pity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

im sad that after turning wanda into supestar with wandavison,
feige drop the ball with one dimension hysterical wanda in MoM
:sadangel:

im not sure if i want another story with her in MCU, im scared they will ruin her even more :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 May 2022, 22:40
I loved black widow despite the weaker ending, loved the Wandavision experience and really enjoyed Hawkeye even though I wish it wasn't used to introduce kingpin and thereby the Netflix characters to the mcu. They could have just focused on a threat, the aftermath of endgame and Yelena coming. Overall it was still a good show I didn't have to force myself to finish and that made me like Clint. Shang Chi was fine as well. But I wouldn't be missing anything without the rest even though I have not watched eternals or moonknight yet. Both do not interest me based on what I have seen and neither did the Thor teaser but you know people will praise that one even if it's mediocre.

And regarding mom. That was the part where everyone knew it was a shit script. There were laughs at the movie in my theater because the reasoning was so stupid and contrived:
one thing is for sure, Loki and mom both had a shit script. And Michael Waldron doesn't give a shit about character consistency and the history of the mcu.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I try to avoid spoilers and speculation where I can so I assumed the events in No Way Home with the botched spell would have something to do with the Multiverse opening. Turns out it's got nothing to do with it lmao. I found that a bit amusing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this is a fun video
but also is that a shade about how MCU works started at 3:00min

''the only thing they didnt change in the filming of this film was the title''
:mask:

waldron is feige fav, is he still writng feige Star Wars
if he is than im gonna skip that, if that project is still on

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

100% Agree that the dialogue for MoM eas super weak. The visuals, music and Elizabeth Olsen makes up for it to still be am enjoyable movie for me.

There is a part in the third act when Dr Strange is giving America a “pep talk” where I literally rolled my eyes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone else think America's personality was a bit too much like Kate's (if Kate was a teenager)? And Kate was a bit like Peter. Wish they'd try some differerent archetypes with their younger characters. Like, you can't accuse Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers and Thor of being similar.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 11:54
Anyone else think America's personality was a bit too much like Kate's (if Kate was a teenager)? And Kate was a bit like Peter. Wish they'd try some differerent archetypes with their younger characters. Like, you can't accuse Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers and Thor of being similar.
I didn’t feel that. Maybe it’s the marvel quips and them being younger that makes you compare?

For me America was fine but she was kinda just there. Not a bad actress but not particularly strong enough to stand out. Like I don’t feel like I need to see more of the character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate is way funnier than either America or Peter. imo Kate and Peter have the fangirling in common. America wasn't geeking out over Strange at all. She was pretty insecure the whole movie about her abilities as well while Kate has the overconfidence. Peter is super smart, Kate relies on her charm and connections with Bishop Security to get what she needs. Not saying she's dumb but not genius level like making her own webs and stuff. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How is the multiverse all of a sudden this fact everyone knows about?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 12:26
How is the multiverse all of a sudden this fact everyone knows about?
:hmmm: I guess 616 universe is the most behind the times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another plot hole of vision not being there. Westview was Literally created out of her grief for vision. She was only there because vision bought that land to make a home. The children came later. Her having the kids in Westview in other universes makes no sense. Also, they didn't explain why Carter, Wanda, strange and Christine or even mordo looked the same but none of the spiderman people looked the same. The whole multiverse idea follows no rules and it's so fucking annoying.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 12:44
Another plot hole of vision not being there. Westview was Literally created out of her grief for vision. She was only there because vision bought that land to make a home. The children came later. Her having the kids in Westview in other universes makes no sense. Also, they didn't explain why Carter, Wanda, strange and Christine or even mordo looked the same but none of the spiderman people looked the same. The whole multiverse idea follows no rules and it's so fucking annoying.
Yeah, that's a mixed bag because the person who got the powers is different (Peggy and Maria and instead of Steve and Carol), but the people are the same. Whereas Peter Parker has a completely different face and body in the multiverse.

I guess the easy explanation is that anything is possible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I may not always like the writing in these MCU movies and series but I can always trust them to at least be entertaining. However, MoM and The Eternals are just so boring. I'm sad that the Eternals wasted Angelina Jolie, and MoM made me giggle watching these great A list actors spouting cheesy and corny lines. I did enjoy seeing Scarlet Witch unleash her powers.

I'm now just hoping the upcoming Thor and Captain Marvel movies will not disappoint, especially The Marvels. I'm honestly not looking forward to see Miss Marvel in it but that is a personal preference since kids generally annoy me in movies/series.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 01:43
I’m not sure the movie wanted me cheering on Wanda but I was. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seems they made America a totally meh character...not worth getting banned in all those countries for. Is Kate the only Young Avenger info that people have loved?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 16:18
Seems they made America a totally meh character...not worth getting banned in all those countries for. Is Kate the only Young Avenger info that people have loved?
For what I have seen a lot of people liked America. Not in a lets flood social media type of way like Yelena or Kate but they don’t dislike her.

the other YA introduced have all been kids so far so Wanda’s kids no one cares and Eli was 17 and no one really cared about that character. We’ll see with Cassie. I think people will like her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am still trying to figure our how YA will work with this significant age gap between Kate and the others.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 17:31
I am still trying to figure our how YA will work with this significant age gap between Kate and the others.
It won’t work unless they age up Wanda's kids. Period.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 May 2022, 16:18
Lol no, she is pretty ok. And the response to her as being actualky kinda better than the movie in general, lol, like with Wanda.
Personally i really enjoyed it.
The thing that got them banned was directly referencing her moms thou.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just wish MoM was a better script because I really loved everything else about it.