Re: International Women's Football - Part IV

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:16
Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 22:13
Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 22:06
Who in your opinion is the most disliked team i womens professional football and why?. I see there is a bit of negativity towards certain teams on this forum. Was wondering if it was a trend? 🤔
I think usually the most hated ones are the ones with the biggest fanbases. The more people support a team the bigger possibility of attracting crazy fans whose behaviour on different social media annoys people which then have an impact on an overall image of a club. So I would say Chelsea/Barcelona/Arsenal. Wolfsburg and Lyon despite being obviously one of the most successful clubs don't have that many (international) fans who make noise in the internet and start stupid fights with others.
you are right about the popularity of the club increasing the chances of fan girls etc. I have noticed a lot of negative talk but mainly around certain players and ships. Arsenal seems to come up a lot on this board. is this a recent thing since the euros or has this always been the case?. It figures that with all the exposure from the Euros, players would get a lot of attention. Saying that. I don't really see hysteria or arguments around players & the clubs of Ella Toone, Alessia Russo & Lena Oberdorf. But you have confirmed my observations. Definitely a lot of Barca, Chelsea & Arsenal on this board!
Arsenal have always had a big fanbase partly because of fan engagement through vlogs and they have a decent social media team and Timothy posting interviews and clips of games.
Whereas a team like City and even Chlesea, they don't post anything close to the same level of content for fans. But Chelsea are winners so they have fans from that and fans of players whereas there are 'stans' that follow Arsenal for the SM content and relationship content. I wouldn't say is got bigger since the Euros but other teams and players have a bigger following now but the same is true after every major women's tournament.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 00:42
Ddf35_ wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 22:17
Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 21:18
I encourage everyone to listen to this podcast episode, its so weird seeing this side of Alex at the start, the first 25 mins had me in tears the whole time. It just shows you never know what someone's been through. (Beware she does talk about domestic abuse and depression)
I just started watching this (thanks for the link) but reckon I'll wait til after I've read the book as I guess it will be a lot of what's in it. And prob touches on similar stuff as the book event Monday. Even just the snippets I know from that, hard to believe she's become who she is today. I know so many go through terrible things and she's no different to anyone else but to have a vibe that is so joyful.... Amazing. I want the number of her therapist (not assuming anything , she said she has one.)

Thanks again for the link
)
As a US based Chelsea fan, I’ve never had much reason for affinity for Alex Scott but I always liked her commentary and she seems like a cool person. That said I listened to this interview and immediately ordered her book. I always appreciate honesty and rawness and I really appreciated her honesty. Big fan.
Is she dating someone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Who in your opinion is the most disliked team i womens professional football and why?. I see there is a bit of negativity towards certain teams on this forum. Was wondering if it was a trend? 🤔
I think usually the most hated ones are the ones with the biggest fanbases. The more people support a team the bigger possibility of attracting crazy fans whose behaviour on different social media annoys people which then have an impact on an overall image of a club. So I would say Chelsea/Barcelona/Arsenal. Wolfsburg and Lyon despite being obviously one of the most successful clubs don't have that many (international) fans who make noise in the internet and start stupid fights with others.
you are right about the popularity of the club increasing the chances of fan girls etc. I have noticed a lot of negative talk but mainly around certain players and ships. Arsenal seems to come up a lot on this board. is this a recent thing since the euros or has this always been the case?. It figures that with all the exposure from the Euros, players would get a lot of attention. Saying that. I don't really see hysteria or arguments around players & the clubs of Ella Toone, Alessia Russo & Lena Oberdorf. But you have confirmed my observations. Definitely a lot of Barca, Chelsea & Arsenal on this board!
Arsenal have always had a big fanbase partly because of fan engagement through vlogs and they have a decent social media team and Timothy posting interviews and clips of games.
Whereas a team like City and even Chlesea, they don't post anything close to the same level of content for fans. But Chelsea are winners so they have fans from that and fans of players whereas there are 'stans' that follow Arsenal for the SM content and relationship content. I wouldn't say is got bigger since the Euros but other teams and players have a bigger following now but the same is true after every major women's tournament.
It's hard for fans to bond with Chelsea because most of the team are mercenaries. Millie and Fran are so popular because they are perceived to be authentic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She is stepping away from football

I think she is fam right
(Source: her looks on her other ig)

(I never would have thought Mansuy looked like this as a child btw :nails: )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:36
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's hard for fans to bond with Chelsea because most of the team are mercenaries. Millie and Fran are so popular because they are perceived to be authentic.
That starts with Emma Hayes. She will bench you and get you out of the club if you don't perform for her. And it's the club throwing money at players, you can hardly blame them for going there even when they'd be starters in most other teams. Look at Beth England. Could have left for other WSL teams and started every game but was never going to give up her chance at trophies and the Chelsea money. What do you want from players? Look at Nobbs and Beattie at Arsenal, not first or even second choice but happy to ride the bench and stay around their 'family' at the club. Even LWM who is not Arsenal or England standard happy to focus on 'community service' than improving as a player. Patten should sign for Villa on a permanent deal if she goes back she'll need players getting injured to get minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

About time
But will she get to play?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:52
About time
Considering that they seem to have given Jackie her number, I doubt it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
About time
👏🏼👏🏼

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 02:51
Dvd looks happy (on ig) and Mead (it seems not one who likes posting many pictures with her girl on ig) in most interviews says that she's really happy with Miedema. Recently she says in Evening Standart interview that she's thankful for having Miedema by her side to help her deal with lionesses celebrity status.

So please leave Mead, Dvd and their girlfriends alone and move on.
Upcoming interview of beth and viv could be about why they kept their wedding a complete secret :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:58
Guest wrote:
About time
Considering that they seem to have given Jackie her number, I doubt it.
da
I believe Jackie wore another number the last few games

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:34
Guest wrote:
Ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:
I encourage everyone to listen to this podcast episode, its so weird seeing this side of Alex at the start, the first 25 mins had me in tears the whole time. It just shows you never know what someone's been through. (Beware she does talk about domestic abuse and depression)
I just started watching this (thanks for the link) but reckon I'll wait til after I've read the book as I guess it will be a lot of what's in it. And prob touches on similar stuff as the book event Monday. Even just the snippets I know from that, hard to believe she's become who she is today. I know so many go through terrible things and she's no different to anyone else but to have a vibe that is so joyful.... Amazing. I want the number of her therapist (not assuming anything , she said she has one.)

)
As a US based Chelsea fan, I’ve never had much reason for affinity for Alex Scott but I always liked her commentary and she seems like a cool person. That said I listened to this interview and immediately ordered her book. I always appreciate honesty and rawness and I really appreciated her honesty. Big fan.
Is she dating someone?
Hopefully. A body is a terrible thing to waste.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:

)
Is she dating someone?
She really played up the whole straight girl to get into the media. Feel sorry for her if she worries more about what people think than just living her life. Given what she's talking about openly now I would guess she's becoming more comfortable with who she is. She's always seemed to be around a lot of media events and tags along with England players as she still has that in. But for someone that hardly has that smile off her face, it's always been quiet about relationships. Don't want to say she's damaged goods but Kelly had a serious drinking problem but turned her life around and is now married with kids while Alex is still... single?

ddf35_
Reactions:

Post by ddf35_ »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ddf35_ wrote:

)
Is she dating someone?
She really played up the whole straight girl to get into the media. Feel sorry for her if she worries more about what people think than just living her life. Given what she's talking about openly now I would guess she's becoming more comfortable with who she is. She's always seemed to be around a lot of media events and tags along with England players as she still has that in. But for someone that hardly has that smile off her face, it's always been quiet about relationships. Don't want to say she's damaged goods but Kelly had a serious drinking problem but turned her life around and is now married with kids while Alex is still... single?
Maybe you should read her book, or at least listen/watch that podcast before making such sweeping judgements.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:10
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:07
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 02:51
Dvd looks happy (on ig) and Mead (it seems not one who likes posting many pictures with her girl on ig) in most interviews says that she's really happy with Miedema. Recently she says in Evening Standart interview that she's thankful for having Miedema by her side to help her deal with lionesses celebrity status.

So please leave Mead, Dvd and their girlfriends alone and move on.
Upcoming interview of beth and viv could be about why they kept their wedding a complete secret :spy:
Celebrity status. Posh and Becks..is this stuff 4 real?
Yes, it's more negative than positive on personal side. So a right partner could help lionesses girls through it all, like Miedema for Mead (Miedema's been in this situation for years). Even Williamson has problem with the new fame and attention. English tabloids and fans expect them to deliver a high level performance in every game they play, not forget to mention the haters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know when the next champions league games will be played?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:04
Does anyone know when the next champions league games will be played?
Group stage
Draw: 13:00 CET, 3 October, Nyon
Matchday 1: 19/20 October
Matchday 2: 26/27 October
Matchday 3: 23/24 November
Matchday 4: 7/8 December
Matchday 5: 15/16 December
Matchday 6: 21/22 December

Quarter-finals
Draw: 13:00 CET, 20 January, Nyon
First leg: 21/22 March
Second leg: 29/30 March

Semi-finals
Draw: 13:00 CET, 20 January, Nyon
First leg: 22/23 April
Second leg: 29/30 April

Final (PSV Stadion, Eindhoven)
3 or 4 June tbc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ddf35_ wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 10:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Is she dating someone?
Maybe you should read her book, or at least listen/watch that podcast before making such sweeping judgements.
DA exactly. She says in the interview that she’s ‘dating’ and that she doesn’t want to put a label on anything which leads me to think there is someone but they’re not official at the moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How young are some of you that you have nothing more important in your lives than how much you hate Mead?
Go look at your bills or something and find something else to worry about instead of clogging this thread! You're almost making me care about her out of spite, lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:22
ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Is she dating someone?
DA exactly. She says in the interview that she’s ‘dating’ and that she doesn’t want to put a label on anything which leads me to think there is someone but they’re not official at the moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:31
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 08:31
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 00:48
@DanielleDonk the fact that @CarpenterEllie decided to unfollow Beth Mead last night (after she’s basically the homewrecker) while @bmeado9 is thriving says enough about her. Especially since she still follows all of daan her other gfs (and their are allot 😂).
Who are DVD's prior girlfriends?

ps DVD is 31, very attractive, and a star - it wouldn't be surprising nor wrong to have a number of ex girlfriend.
I think this person is referring to one of those twins! i am switzerland in this relationship discussion but some people have serious problems to interfere with their private life. Miedema suddenly gets a lot of hate since she's been with Beth and DVD since she's been with Ellie. I think they're good players and it shouldn't matter who they have sex with. I would say to this person find yourself a girlfriend and stop interfering in a relationship that is not yours
Those twins get around. One of them (it's hard to tell them apart) was shagging Rachel Daly.
Lol you’re talking about the Kmita twins. Mollie and Rosie. Rosie was the more successful footballer (played at West Ham the first pro season and was a big focus on the first season of the documentary) and don’t know if she’s fam or not, but Mollie is. She used to date Claire Rafferty and like you said, had something with Daly when Daly was on loan at West Ham in 2020.

The twins Daan was involved with are Dutch, Marese and Nathalja Nijman. Daan dated one of them (not sure which at this point) but is still close friends with both and was actually the witness at the wedding of of them who got married recently. Beth came to be friends with them through Daan, and one or both of them used to play football and I believe that Viv is friends with them as well. Dutch football lesbians are in a very small world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:28
Guest wrote:
ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Maybe Leah ;)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:53
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:28
Guest wrote:
ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:

Maybe Leah ;)
Ofc someone would come up with this. You‘re not familar with the concept of friendship, right? :nails: As if all gay girls automatically need to fall in love with each other. C‘mon…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
@DanielleDonk the fact that @CarpenterEllie decided to unfollow Beth Mead last night (after she’s basically the homewrecker) while @bmeado9 is thriving says enough about her. Especially since she still follows all of daan her other gfs (and their are allot 😂).

ps DVD is 31, very attractive, and a star - it wouldn't be surprising nor wrong to have a number of ex girlfriend.
I think this person is referring to one of those twins! i am switzerland in this relationship discussion but some people have serious problems to interfere with their private life. Miedema suddenly gets a lot of hate since she's been with Beth and DVD since she's been with Ellie. I think they're good players and it shouldn't matter who they have sex with. I would say to this person find yourself a girlfriend and stop interfering in a relationship that is not yours
X2 haha I come from the same village as daan and find it funny that daan used to be a normal teenager. just went out with friends and did what she wanted and now everyone is meddling in her relationships

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ddf35_ wrote:
Guest wrote:

)
Is she dating someone?
She said she was dating someone, didn't mention gender, and she didn't want to put a label on it so this implies it's in the early stages. This was filmed early September I think they said and nothing about Smith was mentioned

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://at.tumblr.com/keepscrollinghun/ ... bj8l30231r

Arsenal stans talking about how Jonas and Leah are so great standing up for Beth… both of them are going after Doorn who was doing the right thing and apologizing, look at her face and you can see she’s really upset about it. It wasn’t malicious at all. Not a good look for them and then fans bragging about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 12:49
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 09:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Those twins get around. One of them (it's hard to tell them apart) was shagging Rachel Daly.
Lol you’re talking about the Kmita twins. Mollie and Rosie. Rosie was the more successful footballer (played at West Ham the first pro season and was a big focus on the first season of the documentary) and don’t know if she’s fam or not, but Mollie is. She used to date Claire Rafferty and like you said, had something with Daly when Daly was on loan at West Ham in 2020.

The twins Daan was involved with are Dutch, Marese and Nathalja Nijman. Daan dated one of them (not sure which at this point) but is still close friends with both and was actually the witness at the wedding of of them who got married recently. Beth came to be friends with them through Daan, and one or both of them used to play football and I believe that Viv is friends with them as well. Dutch football lesbians are in a very small world.
Viv is best friends with the girl who married one of the twins, so it really is a small world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:23

Arsenal stans talking about how Jonas and Leah are so great standing up for Beth… both of them are going after Doorn who was doing the right thing and apologizing, look at her face and you can see she’s really upset about it. It wasn’t malicious at all. Not a good look for them and then fans bragging about it.
Da. Please stop. When you resort to posting random tumblrs people are just going to report you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

That's your England captain. Very mature.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:28
Guest wrote:

Da. Please stop. When you resort to posting random tumblrs people are just going to report you.
DA. Despite people who may be using this as an opportunity to bait Arsenal fans, I don't know how you can watch those last 2 GIFs and think that behaviour is appropriate. Jonas grabbing Doorn because she doesn't want to shake his hand after he's been a shit to her? Please stop indeed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:35
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:28
Guest wrote:

DA. Despite people who may be using this as an opportunity to bait Arsenal fans, I don't know how you can watch those last 2 GIFs and think that behaviour is appropriate. Jonas grabbing Doorn because she doesn't want to shake his hand after he's been a shit to her? Please stop indeed.
please don't have this discussion again. everyone was just worried about beth and Doorn didn't do it on purpose, case closed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Well, I certainly didn't understand the drama of that challenge. Yeah, it was dangerous but totally unintentional. Unless people really think that Doorn herself would've liked to risk getting concussion to simply foul Mead. It was a simply badly timed challenge. There was no maliciousness there. I think their reaction was more of a frustration they've felt throughout the whole match due to aggressiveness and physicality of Ajax players.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Could we please try to differentiate between impulsic behaviour in the heat of the moment and questionable behaviour in general? Everyone, who has ever played a team sport knows, that you react differently in such situations, a lot of things come together when a team mate is hurt and laying on the ground. No need to stretch this more than necesary. Doesn‘t say this as an Arsenal fan, just out of commen sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
How young are some of you that you have nothing more important in your lives than how much you hate Mead?
Go look at your bills or something and find something else to worry about instead of clogging this thread! You're almost making me care about her out of spite, lol.
I'm wondering did mead or arsenal do their favorite wrong?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:53
Could we please try to differentiate between impulsic behaviour in the heat of the moment and questionable behaviour in general? Everyone, who has ever played a team sport knows, that you react differently in such situations, a lot of things come together when a team mate is hurt and laying on the ground. No need to stretch this more than necesary. Doesn‘t say this as an Arsenal fan, just out of commen sense.
When were talking about Jonas it is becoming the bolded. It's not the first time he has reacted inappropriately, and with people like you making excuses it probably won't be the last time either. It's not a good look for Leah either. You expect someone given the captaincy of the national team to show a bit more maturity and composure in moments like that.

Also heat of the moment emotions/passion don't really give people the right to be an arsehole imo. We're talking about adults here, not children with poorly developed executive function. Stressful/emotional situations aren't only a sports thing, there are many different jobs where there can be highly stressful and emotional moments. If I started lashing out angrily like that in one of those moments at work my boss would be having words. Instead here the boss and a senior player are leading by poor example.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:48
Guest wrote:

Well, I certainly didn't understand the drama of that challenge. Yeah, it was dangerous but totally unintentional. Unless people really think that Doorn herself would've liked to risk getting concussion to simply foul Mead. It was a simply badly timed challenge. There was no maliciousness there. I think their reaction was more of a frustration they've felt throughout the whole match due to aggressiveness and physicality of Ajax players.
Fyi Jonas and also Leah been always overprotective when it comes to Beth. Against Ajax wasn't the first time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:15
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 13:53
When were talking about Jonas it is becoming the bolded. It's not the first time he has reacted inappropriately, and with people like you making excuses it probably won't be the last time either. It's not a good look for Leah either. You expect someone given the captaincy of the national team to show a bit more maturity and composure in moments like that.

Also heat of the moment emotions/passion don't really give people the right to be an arsehole imo. We're talking about adults here, not children with poorly developed executive function. Stressful/emotional situations aren't only a sports thing, there are many different jobs where there can be highly stressful and emotional moments. If I started lashing out angrily like that in one of those moments at work my boss would be having words. Instead here the boss and a senior player are leading by poor example.
imagine youre in surgery and it's not going right and the surgeon acts like these 2 and starts flinging scalpels across the room and yelling at the other staff having a tantrum
so many footballers act like big babies or gigantic assholes in ways that wouldnt fly anywhere else (ronaldo smashing that kids phone). that kind of entitlement to act that way is seeping into the womens game unfortunately
jonas needs to go to therapy for his anger issues

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fyi Jonas and also Leah been always overprotective when it comes to Beth. Against Ajax wasn't the first time.
being overprotective isn't always a good trait and can bring out weird or scary behavior in some people fyi

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I actually noticed that. I don’t think it happened in this case- Beth was knocked unconscious for a few seconds and it did look very painful and frightening, plus she was really still when it happened and seemed almost in shock- but I do think Beth also has a tendency sometimes to be overly dramatic in terms of flailing on the ground and acting like it’s worse than it actually is. Was like that with the Martha Thomas incident, she was writhing on the ground like she’d been kicked hard in the head and Jonas looked like he was seconds away from punching Thomas, then on replay turns out that her foot was nowhere near Beth’s head and it was mostly dramatics on Beth’s part.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Jenni wrote that fence sitting post just to still not get called up? 😗
Did she piss off fans for not supporting some of the actions of the 15 who sent emails, and also piss of Vilda/RFEF for calling out the poor conditions at the same time?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol vilda already is a victim that’s how he starts the press conference

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:03
Tragically there are some players who should've been there a long time ago and the only way for them to get noticed by Vilda was for 15 players to resign. On paper that team doesn't look bad because Spain's talent depth is enormous but with Vilda in charge, it's going to be a mess. Can't wait for their matches against Sweden and USA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

being overprotective isn't always a good trait and can bring out weird or scary behavior in some people fyi
I think Miedema will tackle Doorn on the next training sessions of the orange lionesses 😜 can we talk about something else now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:35
So Jenni wrote that fence sitting post just to still not get called up? 😗
Did she piss off fans for not supporting some of the actions of the 15 who sent emails, and also piss of Vilda/RFEF for calling out the poor conditions at the same time?
Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:38
Lol vilda already is a victim that’s how he starts the press conference

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Ajax wasn't agressive, pelova got flying lessons from arsenals lb and leah was very agressive during the match against weering
England competition is known for physical play, pfff

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:fool:
Vilda: "I'm going to answer everyone"

2nd question: “Paredes and Jenni Hemoso are not coming. Technical decision?

Vilda: “I am only talking about the 23 players on the list that I have given today”
Jorge Vilda, blunt: "At no time have I considered resigning."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Ajax wasn't agressive, pelova got flying lessons from arsenals lb and leah was very agressive during the match against weering
England competition is known for physical play, pfff
Have we been at the same game? Ajax was not aggressive? Imo it was quite balanced in this regard in the 2nd leg but only because Arsenal learned how to pay them back. Let us not forget the first leg, this was more than dangerous play from Ajax. I guess it‘s always a matter of the perspective.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:40
Guest wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 14:03
Tragically there are some players who should've been there a long time ago and the only way for them to get noticed by Vilda was for 15 players to resign. On paper that team doesn't look bad because Spain's talent depth is enormous but with Vilda in charge, it's going to be a mess. Can't wait for their matches against Sweden and USA.
Who would you say are these players? Cause I don't think it's many. Tbh that roster doesn't look too good, I wouldn't be suprised if we lose to both Sweden and the USA with the latter absolutely destroing us... or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part to get Vilda into trouble at least a little bit.
Also isn't Paralluelo injured?

ddf35_
Reactions:

Post by ddf35_ »

I dunno, that Beth Mead/Martha Thomas incident game was on FA Player so i'm not sure one camera footage that was facing their backs is really 100% proof of where contact was made, it's pretty shitty lol. I was about 20ft away, facing them in that stand and it did look like contact was made, though obviously I can't say that 100% either as it all happens very fast. It would be nice if even the FA player games got some multi camera coverage - it would be beneficial for so many reasons, not just this particular discussion. Maybe the investment will come to improve the games that go on FA player so that teams whose games are mostly on there still get a decent experience (obviously i realise that footage is better than no footage at all!)