Re: US Women's Soccer - Part XVIII: USWNT, NWSL, NCAA

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:30
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:27
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:24
Piece has been so embarrassingly bad. I would not be surprised at all if she’s not on the roster for the next friendlies and it’s just Alex, Hatch, Smith, Pugh, Rodman and Pinoe. No need for 7 forwards for two quick games.
Purce*
DA. She’s been bad this year but she’ll still get called up. Vlatkos already made up his mind for who’s going to the WC people seem to forget that. She’s been with the team for a year already and gets no minutes anyway. He’s not gonna call someone else up and change everything for that. KHam should be called up instead but Vlatkos an idiot.

Tobin won’t get called up unless she starts performing. Midge has been shit but as a Tobin fan even I can admit Tobin hasn’t done anything to change Vlatkos mind as of right now. Even Tobin knows that based on her interview.
Where did I mention Tobin in my post? I said for the next friendlies (in Europe) I wouldn’t be surprised if he only brings 6 forwards and she’s the one left off. I didn’t talk about anyone new getting called in her place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:45
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:30
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:27
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:24
Piece has been so embarrassingly bad. I would not be surprised at all if she’s not on the roster for the next friendlies and it’s just Alex, Hatch, Smith, Pugh, Rodman and Pinoe. No need for 7 forwards for two quick games.
Purce*
DA. She’s been bad this year but she’ll still get called up. Vlatkos already made up his mind for who’s going to the WC people seem to forget that. She’s been with the team for a year already and gets no minutes anyway. He’s not gonna call someone else up and change everything for that. KHam should be called up instead but Vlatkos an idiot.

Tobin won’t get called up unless she starts performing. Midge has been shit but as a Tobin fan even I can admit Tobin hasn’t done anything to change Vlatkos mind as of right now. Even Tobin knows that based on her interview.
Where did I mention Tobin in my post? I said for the next friendlies (in Europe) I wouldn’t be surprised if he only brings 6 forwards and she’s the one left off. I didn’t talk about anyone new getting called in her place.
I know… I mentioned why she won’t be called up before the trolls come in with bait saying she should be called up. And what do you know, someone already said she should right in que.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dash on my queens 🍸Don't mess with Texas

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:44
Oh my god is the dash actually legit rn... I hope we slap San Diego this weekend.
SD are on a downswing now that their luck has started to run out. Y’all should be good to humble those losers. Watch Stoney spend the whole press conference complaining about the refs because she couldn’t coach her team to win again :rofl:

I usually can’t stand blonde bitches FC but I’ll always make an exception when they play sore loser FC. DTFO!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Remember when the dash had kizer 🙃

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Beautiful free kick goal by Horan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:53
Yes. I still miss her. 💔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The dash has been a talent graveyard. Savannah Jordan was the most celebrated college player in years and they ruined her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 02:56
Guest wrote:
The dash has been a talent graveyard. Savannah Jordan was the most celebrated college player in years and they ruined her.
Da wtf are you on? Kizer left during the expansion drafts. You can't keep everyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nice one Dash! :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:03
The queen is just as emo as I am 😭 CP comeback season is gonna be amaze 🙏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I’d love to hear an interview from her about her recovery. She’s probably the one player who’s been so lucky with injuries her entire career, and now she’s finally in LA playing for her dream club and she gets one of the worst injuries that can happen in a players career. She seems to be very in tune with her mental well-being so I’d love to hear her philosophy. She hates the woso “journos” tho (as she should) so it’ll probably never happen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:21
Guest wrote:
I’d love to hear an interview from her about her recovery. She’s probably the one player who’s been so lucky with injuries her entire career, and now she’s finally in LA playing for her dream club and she gets one of the worst injuries that can happen in a players career. She seems to be very in tune with her mental well-being so I’d love to hear her philosophy. She hates the woso “journos” tho (as she should) so it’ll probably never happen.
DA. She’s more likely to talk about it once she’s back to playing, not while still in recovery. You right about woso media lmao if they asked her she’d tell them to fuck right off.

Cari has a podcast and they seem to be friends so maybe she could convince her. I think she will do Glennons podcast eventually too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
ACL is clearly not the worst injury that can happen...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
X100 it’s one of the most straightforward injuries to recover from.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I said “one of” learn to read you dope. Acl is one of the worst injuries than can happen to a soccer player because of how long it keeps you out for, and how hard it is to mentally come back from. Even after athletes are recovered it’s hard for them to get back to where they were before due to fear of redoing it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I said “one of” learn to read you dope. Acl is one of the worst injuries than can happen to a soccer player because of how long it keeps you out for, and how hard it is to mentally come back from. Even after athletes are recovered it’s hard for them to get back to where they were before due to fear of redoing it.
Da
Pinoe did hers twice, Alex did hers. It’s really not a big deal. The repaired acl is usually stronger.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Isn’t interesting how the comments about acl not being the worst to recover from, as an Alex fan I don’t care, and the x100 it’s one of the most straight forward are all posted 2 mins apart. Troll, you’re not even trying to hide the fact you’re talking to yourself :rofl: Kara go away. Learn to read while you’re at it, no one said it was the worst injury, it says one of the worst which is true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:36
Preggers? weird response

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da
Pinoe did hers twice, Alex did hers. It’s really not a big deal. The repaired acl is usually stronger.
What does those players doing theirs have to do with anything? It doesn’t change the fact that it’s one of the worst injuries that can happen. No soccer player ever wants to hear they tore their ACL because that’s their season done. Go troll elsewhere. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We had the troll in the international thread trying to downplay acl tears today too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
What does those players doing theirs have to do with anything? It doesn’t change the fact that it’s one of the worst injuries that can happen. No soccer player ever wants to hear they tore their ACL because that’s their season done. Go troll elsewhere. DA
X2 getting an ACL tear fucking sucks, it’s easily one of the worst injuries you can get, every player will tell you that. What a weird thing to troll about too. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Preggers? weird response
Could be getting traded. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Probably a trade. She is from KC. Wonder if she wanted to go home.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:42
We had the troll in the international thread trying to downplay acl tears today too
That explains it, it’s such a stupid thing to troll about, ACL injuries are no joke. I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone and it’s definitely one of the worst injuries a soccer player can get, from the recovery time aspect to the mental aspect.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 01:42
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 01:23
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 01:19
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 01:06
The youth teams aren’t a good predictor of anything. Japan always wins this shit and they never do anything at the senior level. Development is more front loaded overseas with teenagers playing on pro teams rather than getting an education, but the US catches up later with better funding at the senior level.
X2 Endo was part of the last Japan u20 team that was unstoppable but you can see she’s not that good at the senior level and hit a ceiling. I always think the us players are just on a different timeline since they don’t start their pro careers until 22/23
DA. Endo sucks I don’t get why LA fans like her so much. She ghosts every match and has the lowest amount of goals despite playing the most minutes out of the attackers on her team. It’s like she gets a free pass for playing like shit the while their other players are scapegoated. Having fancy footwork doesn’t mean shit if you lose the ball and ghost 90% of the time.
Those fans don’t know anything lmao, they think Ferrer should be a starter :rofl:

They like them because of representation and liking them off the pitch. Endo ghosts every match yet we hear crickets, any other forward even when they play better will get eaten alive. It’s a weird fetishisation of asians, I’m Korean and people have done that with me my whole life it’s gross. Just like when white fans overcompensate by trying to not be racist by pretending certain black players are much better than they actually are. Objectivity on performance doesn’t exist in woso. Da
Da I'm an Angel City fan who's gone to most of the home games and one thing with Endo is, when she gets the ball there's at least a chance of moving it downfield into the attacking third. She does ghost sometimes and doesn't finish often but you've at least got a chance of eventually seeing a shot get off from someone when they go wide to her, as opposed to passing to the center midfield which seems to be where our forward progress usually goes to die. (How different would it be if Ertz was playing this season!) That doesn't seem to reflect in that InStat thing people post and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.

Another player who doesn't show up well with those stats but gets a lot of love from the crowd is Jasmyne Spencer. She is tiny but she gets in there and fights for any ball coming her way, and she wins a surprising number of headers for her height and can do some nifty things with the ball. I wish those things included more goals but she's still got a ton of great energy.

Tl;Dr we know the team's not stacked, especially given injuries sustained, but I think some players are just kind of fun to watch even when we know they're not gonna lead their national team to the World Cup or something.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:48
Guest wrote:
KC low key becoming a desirable place to play ? Weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The queen has been injured for two months yet still living in the trolls head rent free :rofl: I hope CP23 recovers well and the troll gets the mental help it desperately needs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She posted 2 days ago “Home” in a picture that isn’t Houston and tagged a KC photographer. That is my guess.

But I don’t think she will get much playing time there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The bbq here is really fucking good. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hard to evaluate that because Kizer, Merrick, and Hanson are all from there. But they sure seem to be building something. We will see if they can retain their non-local players as they reach free agency.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. Why’s it weird? They have the best facilities in the league by far. The three most desirable things for players are money, facilities, and fan support/attendance, arguably in that order. Location is secondary to those three things. KC has the first two since so they’re obviously going to be desirable.

Loserville has good facilities too, they could become more desirable too if their FO gave a shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The queen has been injured for two months yet still living in the trolls head rent free :rofl: I hope CP23 recovers well and the troll gets the mental help it desperately needs.
No one was talking about her until you posted her tweet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:28
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:21
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:03
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:00
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 21:54
Lindsey might be a republican, but I’m still attracted to her 🥵 I feel like she’s bi too. She wants to fuck christen so bad.
Horan’s attractive don’t let the woke Twitter tweens tell you otherwise. Horan does think CP’s beautiful but she doesn’t wanna fuck her lmao she’s like her big sister.
Idk. when you’re “straight”, but the first word that pops in your head when asked to describe a teammate is beautiful it’s a little :spy:
DA
Horan might be bi or something but CP is like a big sister to her. They have a cute friendship that’s just like sisters :heart: Horan def cried when she found out her big sis Tobin and big sis CP got engaged.
Oh I know. I’m not saying she’s in love with her, but most fully straight women wouldn’t say beautiful as the first thing that pops in their head. Especially when they were supposed to be describing her on the pitch lol. She almost didn’t even let Pinoe get her name out. So I think Horan has a bit of curiosity in her.
When was this?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:59
Guest wrote:
No one was talking about her until you posted her tweet
Press hasn’t tweeted in months you troll. Someone posted an Instagram but there’s nothing wrong with that, everyone’s Insta posts get posted here, why you only triggered about Press? Rent free. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Hard to evaluate that because Kizer, Merrick, and Hanson are all from there. But they sure seem to be building something. We will see if they can retain their non-local players as they reach free agency.
LA girl Mace is coming to acfc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:24
I think Horan should takes free kicks with NT as well. That area used to be game changer for US and now together with corner kicks became completelly uselles part of the play.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:01
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:28
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:21
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:03
Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:00

Horan’s attractive don’t let the woke Twitter tweens tell you otherwise. Horan does think CP’s beautiful but she doesn’t wanna fuck her lmao she’s like her big sister.
Idk. when you’re “straight”, but the first word that pops in your head when asked to describe a teammate is beautiful it’s a little :spy:
DA
Horan might be bi or something but CP is like a big sister to her. They have a cute friendship that’s just like sisters :heart: Horan def cried when she found out her big sis Tobin and big sis CP got engaged.
Oh I know. I’m not saying she’s in love with her, but most fully straight women wouldn’t say beautiful as the first thing that pops in their head. Especially when they were supposed to be describing her on the pitch lol. She almost didn’t even let Pinoe get her name out. So I think Horan has a bit of curiosity in her.
When was this?
Pinoe and Lindsey were going through describing some players back in 2019 for WC promo and when they got to Press her first answer was beautiful which was so valid. I think Pinoe said something like Press is ruthless in an eastern medicine way 😂 it’s a great interview. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA. I doubt that’s happening but my god that would be good for them. acfc need better OBs desperately.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da Mace seems happy in KC and has finally found success on the field with a team that is doing well. Could be hard to leave that to try to go beat out AC’s captain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
🙏 :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA. I doubt that’s happening but my god that would be good for them. acfc need better OBs desperately.
Da Ironically the defense with the revolving door, injuries, and Lussi has been the least of AC’s concerns.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Mace seems happy in KC and has finally found success on the field with a team that is doing well. Could be hard to leave that to try to go beat out AC’s captain.
Riley can play on both sides, as can Mace. ACFC currently rotates two converted forwards as their RB because they have no one (and Lussi and Spencer suck as forwards anyway). Mace would definitely play on ACFC. Even if she were to compete with Riley, she’s much better, if ACFC were smart they’d bench her next season and give the armband to Press or Gilles because Press doesn’t want it anyway. Da

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:17
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da Ironically the defense with the revolving door, injuries, and Lussi has been the least of AC’s concerns.
That’s because Gilles and Reid cover her ass most games. Lussi has fight in her but sucks defensively. ACFCs biggest problem is that ghosting midfield and the forwards inability to finish. How does fucking Press have more goals than all the forwards despite being out injured for over 2 months now? They suck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
X2 getting an ACL tear fucking sucks, it’s easily one of the worst injuries you can get, every player will tell you that. What a weird thing to troll about too. Da
If you think a simple convo with someone who has a different opinion than you is obviously because of that someone being a troll, I think you really need to get a life. Imagine thinking everyone is a troll because they don't have the same opinion. Do you call "troll" your coworker or friends or something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 04:25
Guest wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 03:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da
If you think a simple convo with someone who has a different opinion than you is obviously because of that someone being a troll, I think you really need to get a life. Imagine thinking everyone is a troll because they don't have the same opinion. Do you call "troll" your coworker or friends or something?
… it’s not an opinion that ACL is one of the worst soccer injuries, it’s a widely known fact. Ask any sports physician, coach or player. Stop trolling yah loser. DA