Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Reactions:

Re: YELLOWJACKETS - TV series Showtime

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 13:08
Tai literally said "just talk to her" :dramaqueen:

Tai knows lesbian drama when she sees it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 12:56
Do you think Callie's in the cult? She has a lot of sleepovers, lol and she knows pretty well some stories that happened in the past. Shauna was shocked Callie was wearing Jackie's jacket.
Callie is Jackie reincarnated :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:27
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:16
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:09
Sophia bush? Please pick someone who looks remotely like her, I beg. I also don’t necessarily think she’s alive.
Neither do I. Everyone is just running with it because her name was said and further survivors are expected/wanted. There are plenty of reasons 'who the fuck is Lottie Matthews' passes as a misdirect on a show that is 80% misdirection.
Page catch few pages someone posted creators interview after the finale, girls.
Creators of this show told Deadline reporter that Lottie is alive interview.
From a plot perspective, I feel like Lottie has to be the one that actually closed the account. The way they reveal her name at the end of the season is a huge cliffhanger that they need to make impactful in the next season. I don't think that there is any good way to close out the season with that and maintain the momentum if it turns out to be some rando using Lottie's name. It would cheapen the reveal retroactively.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Whether you loved or hated Jackie, that was such an underwhelming exit for her character. Personally, I loved the co-dependency/lesbian undercurrents of the Shauna/Jackie dynamic and would have to have seen more of them in season 2.

I really just wished they had made Jackie the pit girl from the pilot.

On the bright side, we are getting so much more of Lottie in future seasons and I am here for it. I can't wait for more of that unhinged Antler Queen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:02
Whether you loved or hated Jackie, that was such an underwhelming exit for her character. Personally, I loved the co-dependency/lesbian undercurrents of the Shauna/Jackie dynamic and would have to have seen more of them in season 2.

On the bright side, we are getting so much more of Lottie in future seasons and I am here for it. I can't wait for more of that unhinged Antler Queen.
Lottie could still be the pit girl :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 12:09
https://www.vulture.com/article/yellowj ... mundi.html

Yall remember Misty reading a book in the porch? :nervous:
His most famous work, The Magus, deals with “the natural magic of herbs and stones, magnetism, talismanic magic, alchemy, numerology, the elements.” Misty’s been pulling all kinds of weird books out of this cabin they’ve been staying in. Books on plants, books on survival, and now this kind of stuff ends up on her reading list. It makes me wonder if Lottie is the real Antler Queen or a puppet sent into motion by Misty’s influence.
It's probably a nod to the Fowles' novel, which is the plausible guess imo. Fowles also wrote The Collector, which is about being kidnapped and kept in a locked basement. Very misty.

That was probably her inspiration when she had her cult kidnap Natalie to "save" her (spec)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:02

Imo it was a little anticlimactic, too. But I watched the last three eps twice, and during the second watch, I actually liked it better. It was tragic, totally unnecessary, but tragic in a way that during the e8-9 rewatch, you can see Jackie's light is going out, and she basically dies alone.. not like a hero, but alone and abandoned by her best friend.. and even writing about this gives me chills. So I've changed my mind about it a little during the rewatch. I also noticed that they killed Laura Lee in the blaze of glory and pumped the moment up significantly like her beliefs played a big part in it, while with Jackie.. she was the most reasonable one in terms of what was happening in the cult, and she died either way, which leads you to think how dangerous the power of a group is.. again, chills :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, their relationship is nothing but a tragedy and regret :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:39
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:29
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:12
Do we have any guesses what Van claims she saw when she was in between life and death ?
idk. but to add to that question. how many people think there is truly some evil supernatural presence in the woods? and how many think it's just them losing their minds?
there's no non supernatural explanation for the bear
Well, the non-supernatural explanation for the behavior of the bear would be that something was physically wrong with it, which is unlikely but possible, and is a thing the characters specifically mention.

To answer the OP, I think that Van probably "saw" something that felt like a manifestation of spirit or god of the forest. My opinion is that Taissa was right about it basically being her brain going haywire from how badly injured she was, which she's now trying to make sense of by ascribing a supernatural explanation. It seems like a coping mechanism for all of the trauma, with her memories possibly influenced by the shrooms and Lottie. The show will leave the actual existence ambiguous though.

I'm curious about how Taissa ends up dealing with all this in the context of their relationship. Obviously, the relationship ends at some point. Is it because she was so firmly against accepting anything supernatural? Or does she start to play along to maintain their relationship and somehow star believing it herself?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't wait for the head to head confrontation between Nat and Lottie :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 14:44
They were just kids...
I'll never recover from Jackie's death :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:51
is Ella gay or straight?
straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:08
Hello guys, new here. I've been reading good things about this show and I just wanna ask. Should I really watch it? All of my fav shows are still on hiatus, I've tried watching new ones but I have a hard time getting involved when it's not female centric/heavy. Please, I want an honest opinion, I'm super bored :whistle:
Yes you should watch it. There's some gory scenes tho but you can easily skip it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:43
Guest wrote:
They were just kids...
I'll never recover from Jackie's death :'(
Yeah, I'm still the denial stage of grief.
I just can't let her go :crybabe:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 13:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sophia bush? Please pick someone who looks remotely like her, I beg. I also don’t necessarily think she’s alive.
Neither do I. Everyone is just running with it because her name was said and further survivors are expected/wanted. There are plenty of reasons 'who the fuck is Lottie Matthews' passes as a misdirect on a show that is 80% misdirection.
From a plot perspective, I feel like Lottie has to be the one that actually closed the account. The way they reveal her name at the end of the season is a huge cliffhanger that they need to make impactful in the next season. I don't think that there is any good way to close out the season with that and maintain the momentum if it turns out to be some rando using Lottie's name. It would cheapen the reveal retroactively.
I hate lottie so I kinda hope she’s dead lol. But why would she be stupid enough to use her own name to close his account and connect herself to a possible murder investigation? Especially if she is alive and off the grid somewhere?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol Ashley in the podcast interview “Adam is not Javi!”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jackie lost her will to live. She wasn’t eating and once she read what Shauna did, she went full nihilist. Really sad ending for her. Goodbye, sweet princess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:56
Lol Ashley in the podcast interview “Adam is not Javi!”
Thank god :mask: But he was part of the lame cult right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I hate lottie so I kinda hope she’s dead lol. But why would she be stupid enough to use her own name to close his account and connect herself to a possible murder investigation? Especially if she is alive and off the grid somewhere?
Maybe lottie and travis have some kind of relationship? Did nat say something about the last time she meet travis? Months? Years? I don't remember.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da

I'm team dead Lottie, too, because she gets on my nerves, lol. But I'm pretty sure someone's using her name, tho it doesn't mean she's dead.

But I'm really stuck on the Lottie is the pit girl theory and I can't go let go, lmao. The only way for me to let it go is to see there are more people in the woods, or somehow Mari morphed into Lottie, lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

TVLINE | Jackie meets a frosty end in the finale. Is Ella Purnell going to be around in Season 2? Will Jackie have a presence beyond the finale?
NICKERSON | It’s tricky with Season 2 spoilers. I’ll just say: We definitely have an idea for a way to continue to use her, and she’ll certainly be a presence, probably throughout the run of the show at least. The gravity of her character will be felt throughout the constellation, no matter what. And we would love to specifically use her for a few things that we have cooking.
Funny use of the word cooking there lol But yeah, they already said she’s not being eaten as they aren’t there yet. And she’ll continue to appear in hallucinations to Shauna most likely.

https://tvline.com/2022/01/16/yellowjac ... le-lottie/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da

I'm team dead Lottie, too, because she gets on my nerves, lol. But I'm pretty sure someone's using her name, tho it doesn't mean she's dead.

But I'm really stuck on the Lottie is the pit girl theory and I can't go let go, lmao. The only way for me to let it go is to see there are more people in the woods, or somehow Mari morphed into Lottie, lol.
Same. They deliberately gave bangs to the stuntwomen/extra. And someone on reddit said that it looks like shes running towards the altar for safety. I'm still team Lottie4pitgirl

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
i mean it only took one simple 'jackie dont be a dumbass come inside its cold outside' from shauna to prevent her death. but they're teenagers. and they're mad and hungry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lottie's almost certainly alive. I don't understand the cope. I mean, I don't like Callie but I don't think she's pit girl lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why would lottie be the pit girl if she’s AQ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Adam was in the cult, does that mean that he waited for Shauna to drive her car, then followed her and got in front of her with his car and then waited untill she crashed into him? Cause he knew she's going to crash her car into his? That would be a terrible writing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 07:27
These writers don’t seem to realize that spice girls first album didn’t even come out in the us until Christmas 1996. Also Jackie wrote in her diary that bring it on and titanic are her favorite movies which came out in 1999 and 1997 respectively. Like what :nervous:
yeah there were theories about the journal being intentional but it became obvious they had errors after taissa started talking shit about sporty spice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 17:27
If Adam was in the cult, does that mean that he waited for Shauna to drive her car, then followed her and got in front of her with his car and then waited untill she crashed into him? Cause he knew she's going to crash her car into his? That would be a terrible writing.
I don't know about the Adam in the cult thing, but I've come across plenty of examples of characters deliberately causing a collision for the sake of bringing about things like introductions. Adam claimed he didn't look Shauna up until after their crash, right? Could be a lie. But if we're being told he is a nobody then it's perfectly plausible that the crash was very much an accident and he went off googling in the aftermath. And if he was in the cult and caused the crash, then how it did it was perfectly standard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 09:32
OMG!! Who said this? People are really sick :rofl:
I'm sorry. What the fuck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 13:19
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 12:56
Do you think Callie's in the cult? She has a lot of sleepovers, lol and she knows pretty well some stories that happened in the past. Shauna was shocked Callie was wearing Jackie's jacket.
Callie is Jackie reincarnated :P
There we go. New conspiracy theory to tide us over until the new season. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 17:58
Guest wrote:
These writers don’t seem to realize that spice girls first album didn’t even come out in the us until Christmas 1996. Also Jackie wrote in her diary that bring it on and titanic are her favorite movies which came out in 1999 and 1997 respectively. Like what :nervous:
yeah there were theories about the journal being intentional but it became obvious they had errors after taissa started talking shit about sporty spice
They released Wannabe in July, but yeah that's still after the plane trip.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The journals can be explained as Shauna continuing to write in them as therapy. Melanie sort of hinted at that being the case.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
But spice girls had 3 music videos out in 1996 and the spice album went straight to number 1 in November 1996 so surely people who knew who they were before the album went platinum in the US?

They were on MTV a lot in 1996. I’m guessing the hype existed before November for the album to be so big.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They released Wannabe in July, but yeah that's still after the plane trip.
DA July was the UK release date. It wasn't until January 97 in the US, which is when they also went on their promo tour there. But they were actually in US looking to be signed before Wannabe's release anywhere. Though none of the girls should have been familiar with the band. It's not a massive error in the grand scheme. It only maybe becomes one when put in the same context as the journal entries.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unpopular opinion but breast milk theorist has a point. Shauna's going to lactate regardless of whether she carries to term by this time, according to my 10 second google search

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 17:27
If Adam was in the cult, wouldn't they be keeping tabs on him? Would that mean they let them cut him up and then immediately let the police know he was missing after they knew the others were in the clear? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Adam was a red herring to fuel Shauna's ptsd. He is most likely nothing more. People really need to move on from him. The tattoo is most likely for ID purposes as the actor doesn't have any.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:26
Unpopular opinion but breast milk theorist has a point. Shauna's going to lactate regardless of whether she carries to term by this time, according to my 10 second google search
The NSA agent watching me google can adults drink breast milk :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:34
Lottie's almost certainly alive. I don't understand the cope. I mean, I don't like Callie but I don't think she's pit girl lol
Not speaking for everyone, but some want huge twists and turns. I mean some thought Jackie was still alive even though the show was beating us over the head that she's dead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:37
Guest wrote:
The NSA agent watching me google can adults drink breast milk :nervous:
lol humble boob truthers being oppressed

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

So was that the dark spirit that Jackie saw before she died that possessing Lottie, Van and Misty? A man covers in darkness saying we have been waiting for you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:29
Adam was a red herring to fuel Shauna's ptsd. He is most likely nothing more. People really need to move on from him. The tattoo is most likely for ID purposes as the actor doesn't have any.
even Shauna moved on after killing and cutting up his body. :lol:
Love that Jackie is still haunting Shauna's ass even after 25 years. That's my girl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
They're for sure going to eat the placenta when she gives birth <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well there's obviously more to the story since they have to give at least some explanation of why anyone other than Travis himself would be allowed access to his account in the first place by the bank, whether they were aware he was dead or not. But I assume that the rationale behind using Lottie's real name when she or someone associated with her murdered Travis would be that she feels confident that there won't be a murder investigation.

And as of right now, this is correct. There is no murder investigation so far because his death has been ruled a suicide. The only people looking into the possibility of murder are the other survivors, who aren't going to the cops with what they might find.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I ducked out of this thread for a while and the first thing I read with my poor unprepared eyeballs is "Unpopular opinion but breast milk theorist has a point."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't think it would be enough calories to make a difference. I don't even think there would be enough calories for a baby in this situation. That's why malnourishment is such a huge driver of deaths in environments that have very high infant mortality rates.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What if shauna's baby survives. It's been raised by lottie in the cult "to be a killing machine" like her mother predicted, and named jackie like her father :dramaqueen:

Fancast adult shauna baby. Must be appropriate for a 25 year old female raised in a cult by a lesbian throuple consisting of lottie, van, and misty

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 21:19
I ducked out of this thread for a while and the first thing I read with my poor unprepared eyeballs is "Unpopular opinion but breast milk theorist has a point."
It's apparently nutritious? And there was a period a few years back that body builders used it for gains. I'm not joking. :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 22:50
What if shauna's baby survives. It's been raised by lottie in the cult "to be a killing machine" like her mother predicted, and named jackie like her father :dramaqueen:

Fancast adult shauna baby. Must be appropriate for a 25 year old female raised in a cult by a lesbian throuple consisting of lottie, van, and misty
How do you know it's a girl?
I think the baby dies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 22:50

How do you know it's a girl?
I think the baby dies.