The Batwoman Thread

Reactions:

Re: The Batwoman Thread

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 22:29
Batwoman’s Javicia Leslie teases secret history with Ryan and Alice will emerge in season 2
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 9959/amp/

"But while she might be new to us, there is someone who is all to familiar with her… Wonderland Gang crime boss Alice (real name Beth, Kate’s sister), who may be pretty close to the girl who will become the Caped Crusader.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk ahead of the show’s launch, Javicia explained: ‘I can’t tell you too much, you have to watch! There is definitely a history that Ryan and Alice have, and it’s going to be actually a huge part of the season"

" I would love to have like that supervillain love interest, where you know this person is really bad for you but you can’t help but want to be with them. So I would love that for Batwoman to find her own version of the Catwoman."
The Alice & Ryan shippers I’ve been seeing on Twitter are probably happy about this lol. In my opinion, Alice & Ryan would be weird. Alice & Safiyah makes more sense even though I think Ocean is the love interest Rachel talks about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm excited to actually see this show now! I always struggled with Ruby Rose's performance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 02:10
Guest wrote:
Batwoman’s Javicia Leslie teases secret history with Ryan and Alice will emerge in season 2

"But while she might be new to us, there is someone who is all to familiar with her… Wonderland Gang crime boss Alice (real name Beth, Kate’s sister), who may be pretty close to the girl who will become the Caped Crusader.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk ahead of the show’s launch, Javicia explained: ‘I can’t tell you too much, you have to watch! There is definitely a history that Ryan and Alice have, and it’s going to be actually a huge part of the season"

" I would love to have like that supervillain love interest, where you know this person is really bad for you but you can’t help but want to be with them. So I would love that for Batwoman to find her own version of the Catwoman."
The Alice & Ryan shippers I’ve been seeing on Twitter are probably happy about this lol. In my opinion, Alice & Ryan would be weird. Alice & Safiyah makes more sense even though I think Ocean is the love interest Rachel talks about.
Alice & Ryan... :hmmm: I find it impossible to happen but I would like a supervillain love story. It would be fun :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She said that the season 2 is a lesbian soap opera...I'm here for it babe! :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 18:18
" I have no idea what this button does..You wanna figure this out together " :P

I love her already!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

nothing will happen between Ryan and Alice because the latter is het

+ I ship Ryan and Sophie already :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 04:10
I'm excited to actually see this show now! I always struggled with Ruby Rose's performance.
Javicia isn't much better to be honest but I never agreed with RR being Batwoman to begin with so I'd take any replacement.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 17:00

She said that the season 2 is a lesbian soap opera...I'm here for it babe! :hudoin:
Now I want to watch...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I can't stand this bitch's face but a lesbian soap opera sure interests me :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 06:58
Guest wrote:

Now I want to watch...
Cant be any worse the the L-Word. I am here for the messiness and the stupidity. And all the very hot women!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I'm definitely here for this. Alice surely needs a connection to Batwoman it's the whole point of her character. I'd have preferred for them to have no history and experience an instant new connection, but I'll take whatever they're offering!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Batwoman’ Boss, New Star Preview Season 2’s Massive Changes
https://decider.com/2021/01/15/batwoman ... e-preview/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone know when the second series is to be broadcast in the UK?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 20:02
Anyone know when the second series is to be broadcast in the UK?
Can you use the CW App? (or there are restrictions?)
Otherwise, on E4. But the last time, they aired it so late...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Both Meagan and Rachel have been talking about Sophice since they started filming. I think Rachel is the one who started this when she joked she would like to see Sophie and Alice together during DCFandome. I am not expecting them to actually get together lol but I am curious to see them working together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Idk guys I think for the main ship is gonna be Sophie and Ryan. They are prob gonna have this long angsty enemies to lovers arch but that just my guess

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 05:01
Idk guys I think for the main ship is gonna be Sophie and Ryan. They are prob gonna have this long angsty enemies to lovers arch but that just my guess
Probably but I don't think it will happen this season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest12
Reactions:

Post by Guest12 »

New Clip
Reactions:

Post by New Clip »

:'(
''She (Julia) feels that maybe she doesn't fit in''... :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New Clip wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 16:29

Ugh. We just started with this Julia/Sophie ship and now she's feeling like she doesn't fit in. This is going to be a short-lived relationship. At least give us some cute moments first!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 20:07
New Clip wrote:

Ugh. We just started with this Julia/Sophie ship and now she's feeling like she doesn't fit in. This is going to be a short-lived relationship. At least give us some cute moments first!
That's not my takeaway from it at all. When you give something an actual plot and center it, you work through it. It's more likely to fizzle away when it's in the background.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 20:10
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 20:07
New Clip wrote:

That's not my takeaway from it at all. When you give something an actual plot and center it, you work through it. It's more likely to fizzle away when it's in the background.
Hmm...well, I hope I'm wrong. They're my favorite ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just binged S1. Show is ok, not any worse than the other CW superhero shows. Have to say Alice, Mary, Sophie, and Julia make the show for me. Won't miss Ruby at all as she is just awful (she's the reason I avoided the show until now). I do like Julia/Sophie, but give me all the gay dramaz please :lol: Very much looking forward to Ryan and what Javicia brings to the table.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Julia deserves better. I hope they don't make it yet ANOTHER love triangle by forcing a new Batwoman. Talk about ridiculous. You want to give them drama at least give them something fresh to work with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 02:33

I actually wouldn't mind it either :nervous:

Gust 11
Reactions:

Post by Gust 11 »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 22:12
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 02:33

I actually wouldn't mind it either :nervous:
Not me..🙄 =_= =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Watched all of season 1.
Ruby wasn't the greatest actress -- and the shitty scripts, episode-after-episode fixation on the sister & father routine, and lack of variety in villains threatening Gotham City to fight against didn't help any -- but at least I could buy that Kate/Batwoman was a lesbian.

This woke version of the Batwoman story just doesn't ring any bells for me, and I don't buy the new character that's going to wear the suit.

Just my two cents. That's all. Viewership will tell the rest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 07:23
Watched all of season 1.
Ruby wasn't the greatest actress -- and the shitty scripts, episode-after-episode fixation on the sister & father routine, and lack of variety in villains threatening Gotham City to fight against didn't help any -- but at least I could buy that Kate/Batwoman was a lesbian.

This woke version of the Batwoman story just doesn't ring any bells for me, and I don't buy the new character that's going to wear the suit.

Just my two cents. That's all. Viewership will tell the rest.
The reviews are not good. I think it's going to the heavy handed political messaging that will sink it more than the new Batwoman.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ The reviews are very good!
You must ready them again...the promotion this year is way better this season.